Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,969 members, 7,799,298 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:36 PM

The Senate Without Dora Akunyili - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Senate Without Dora Akunyili (3829 Views)

Six PDP And Two APC Senators Lose Their Seats In The Senate / Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS / Saharareporters: Dora Akunyili's Resignation Letter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Senate Without Dora Akunyili by Get2go: 3:25pm On Oct 15, 2011
During the last general elections in Nigeria, I am very sure many Nigerians were thoughtfully optimistic that Dora being a member of the Senate would bring some level of courage and transparency in the NASS. Do you think that opportunity is eluding us now there many disturbing matters of national interest begging for what I would say 'POLITICAL COURAGE' to resolve?
Re: The Senate Without Dora Akunyili by onyengbu: 3:42pm On Oct 15, 2011
No, thanks im not among those.

Whatever she might offer is already being provided in triple folds by Onwa!
Re: The Senate Without Dora Akunyili by cantell(m): 4:20pm On Oct 15, 2011
onye_ngbu*:

Right on point.
Re: The Senate Without Dora Akunyili by Get2go: 4:46pm On Oct 15, 2011
onye_ngbu*:

Good to know u're not among those nigerian. But, if i may ask, wat have Onwa done so far in the senate?

1 Like

Re: The Senate Without Dora Akunyili by MrGlobe(m): 6:28pm On Oct 15, 2011
@Onye ngbu, brilliant reply. Straight to the point and cosign 1million. Funny to see sycophant Akunyili who is down and out and who nemesis caught up with is still bitter about losing an election she knew she was bound to lose. She is a misrepresentation of the women folk, a selfish woman who is narcisistic and has nothing to offer. The senate and indeed the Nigerian people has excommunicated her. Lesson for another life.
Re: The Senate Without Dora Akunyili by efisher(m): 7:41pm On Oct 15, 2011
Dora is one of the few nigerian leaders that has got the right "balls". She only needs to find herself in the right place. She is a round peg and a round hole will fit her perfectly. I will keep watching out for her cos I believe she still has a lot to offer.
Re: The Senate Without Dora Akunyili by Get2go: 8:17pm On Oct 15, 2011
Mr. Globe:

@Onye ngbu, brilliant reply. Straight to the point and cosign 1million. Funny to see sycophant Akunyili who is down and out and who nemesis caught up with is still bitter about losing an election she knew she was bound to lose. She is a misrepresentation of the women folk, a selfish woman who is narcisistic and has nothing to offer. The senate and indeed the Nigerian people has excommunicated her. Lesson for another life.

It's dumb to say she was bound to loose dat election characterised with controversies knowing dat another popular person ran de race with her. As far as I am concerned she has not been dented by whatsoever, and I am of de opinion many Nigerians still have faith in her.
I'd like to know wat would have been her position on issues like bombings, corrupt politicians and other matters the Senate have power to deal with in the nation today, if she'd been there?
Re: The Senate Without Dora Akunyili by hunter121: 8:17pm On Oct 15, 2011
Ahh! I stand corrected then, Thanks for clearing that up.
Re: The Senate Without Dora Akunyili by texazzpete(m): 10:35pm On Oct 15, 2011
Get2go:

It's dumb to say she was bound to loose dat election characterised with controversies knowing dat another popular person ran de race with her. As far as I am concerned she has not been dented by whatsoever, and I am of de opinion many Nigerians still have faith in her.
I'd like to know wat would have been her position on issues like bombings, corrupt politicians and other matters the Senate have power to deal with in the nation today, if she'd been there?
Well, she isn't there, Thank the Lord.
Re: The Senate Without Dora Akunyili by edogirl2: 11:28pm On Oct 15, 2011
treacherous, selfish woman. for a senior and prominent minister to leave the govt when gej was fighting for his political life, was unforgivable. i have no time for the pdp, but when the going gets tough you dont jump ship.
Re: The Senate Without Dora Akunyili by Get2go: 6:37am On Oct 16, 2011
Mind u, she joined a ship that adopted GEJ. I can remember seeing the election posters of her party members with GEJ pic on them all because of her. SE votes wouldn't have been eminent if not for her party. Her choice if wanting to be in the senate may be to have more INDEPENDENT WILL to act across board. I will also give it to her, and I think other Nigerian will do.
Re: The Senate Without Dora Akunyili by sheriffman(m): 1:30pm On Oct 16, 2011
Ngige is worth miles ahead of Dora in any political equation.hence the Anambra pple ve been the biggest winners voting wisely
Re: The Senate Without Dora Akunyili by bestofthisyear(m): 1:17am On Oct 17, 2011
Transparency You say that as if her hands aren't dirty now? People fall in love with a story without reading the pages. Its her lust for power that drove her to the senate race. If she could sell a family member for power she would. It was clear to see when all her efforts crumbled and she showed her true colors near the end of the race.paint the picture however you want but she's just like the rest of them
Re: The Senate Without Dora Akunyili by onyengbu: 9:09am On Oct 17, 2011
Get2go:

Good to know u're not among those nigerian. But, if i may ask, wat have Onwa done so far in the senate?

When Ngige was campaigning for senate, he promised to give scholarships to people and many people like myself wondered how he can do that with senatorial powers. Somehow, I believed him because he kept all his campaign promises during his short stint as our governor.

Few weeks ago, this man came to his hometown and offered scholarship to the students of a whole secondary school in alor!

He said the money came from his housing allowance and salary which according to him is too much for one person.

Come on, that man has been tested and trusted! I cant say such about Dora.
Re: The Senate Without Dora Akunyili by blackpanda: 9:14am On Oct 17, 2011
I think somewhere along the line she lost her way. If only she had kept up with the spirit and conviction of her NAFDAC days, but alas, dirty politics, greed and pressure finally dealt her a nasty blow! She needs to go back, rethink and retrace her footsteps. Nigeria needs the old Dora Akunyili back!!
Re: The Senate Without Dora Akunyili by CuteTj(m): 9:34am On Oct 17, 2011
So as Dora Akunyili isn't in the Senate now, Nigeria's situation as deteriorated further?? So she's Nigeria's/Nigeria's Senate's messiah?? You must be out of your mind.
Re: The Senate Without Dora Akunyili by gentlegg(m): 9:47am On Oct 17, 2011
As mush as am Ngige core supporter, i must honestly say that Dora would have been better in senate that Ngige. Ngige definitely is the people choice, no doubt but Ngige is more fitted for governorship work while Dora is more fitted for senatorial work BECAUSE being a governor, you're like a king in your own kingdom, you have almost every right and powers to execute any good/bad work you have for the state which even Jonathan have little or no powers to stop you. But in senatorial level, you don't have such powers, we need somebody who have enough balls and political acumen/machinery to challenge and critically oppose any non-people oriented venture Aso Rock/PDP wants to embark upon.

Believe me, Dora still have a lot to offer this country.

efisher:

Dora is one of the few nigerian leaders that has got the right "balls". She only needs to find herself in the right place. She is a round peg and a round hole will fit her perfectly. I will keep watching out for her cos I believe she still has a lot to offer.
100% right
Re: The Senate Without Dora Akunyili by mbulela: 9:50am On Oct 17, 2011
the Mods should send this post to the jokes section.
it is too funny to be believed.
Re: The Senate Without Dora Akunyili by lokya(f): 10:01am On Oct 17, 2011
Re: The Senate Without Dora Akunyili
« #16 on: Today at 09:47:34 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As mush as am Ngige core supporter, i must honestly say that Dora would have been better in senate that Ngige. Ngige definitely is the people choice, no doubt but Ngige is more fitted for governorship work while Dora is more fitted for senatorial work BECAUSE being a governor, you're like a king in your own kingdom, you have almost every right and powers to execute any good/bad work you have for the state which even Jonathan have little or no powers to stop you. But in senatorial level, you don't have such powers, we need somebody who have enough balls and political acumen/machinery to challenge and critically oppose any non-people oriented venture Aso Rock/PDP wants to embark upon.

True Talk, This is a sincere comment
Re: The Senate Without Dora Akunyili by kokoA(m): 10:08am On Oct 17, 2011
She lost my respect the moment she accepted that appointment as a minister of information to a non performing government.
Re: The Senate Without Dora Akunyili by Get2go: 10:18am On Oct 17, 2011
gentlegg:

Believe me, Dora still have a lot to offer this country.
100% right
Good! The matured minds are saying something.
Re: The Senate Without Dora Akunyili by ASANIGBO(m): 10:31am On Oct 17, 2011
Dora has a lot to offer than Ngige, dat is the simple truth.
Re: The Senate Without Dora Akunyili by Get2go: 10:37am On Oct 17, 2011
That's a bit of what Dora promised then, if you had followed her manifesto. It seems Ngige now decided to copy some of them.
So, offering scholarships to Alor student from his hometown alone is a way of reaching out to the entire senatorial zone, which reminds many of how the roads built by his administration are concentrated in Anambra central, most of which are in his own aboard. That's not the kind of character found in Obi, who's also of Anambra central origin. He looks North, central n south.
Blaze up man!

1 Like

Re: The Senate Without Dora Akunyili by Ihengote: 10:42am On Oct 17, 2011
[quote][/quote]

Bro, this is not where u exhibit ur personal beef with Dora, be guided
Re: The Senate Without Dora Akunyili by Turningpoint: 11:25am On Oct 17, 2011
Either u like it or not. Dora is a great ASSET to this Nation. Am waiting to see what awaits her in next political despensation.
Re: The Senate Without Dora Akunyili by vic4vi(m): 11:39am On Oct 17, 2011
Inasmuch as i like Ngige, my judgment cant be beclouded by that fact.
I beleive in Dora and i still do, and earnestly the senate would have been different with Dora in there.
Forget about Ngige's political equation/equatorials as you do call it Ngige isn't more experienced than Dora when it comes to federal politics if you say state, well it might be understandable but still debatable because despite the fact that Ngige has been the Gov of the state and more conversant with the state politics he didn't win Dora in a landslide.
All in all Dora would have been more suited for senate.
Shalom
Re: The Senate Without Dora Akunyili by DisGuy: 12:32pm On Oct 17, 2011
Well she'll be good at shouting that for one

Get2go:

Mind u, she joined a ship that adopted GEJ. I can remember seeing the election posters of her party members with GEJ pic on them all because of her. SE votes wouldn't have been eminent if not for her party. Her choice if wanting to be in the senate may be to have more INDEPENDENT WILL to act across board. I will also give it to her, and I think other Nigerian will do.

hogwash, who will the Se vote for a Hausa man?

Get2go:

There are many individual not in the senate making their positions known about bombings, corruption etc why isnt she doing the same? why does she have to be in the senate to do the same? she wants to be paid?
Re: The Senate Without Dora Akunyili by CuteTj(m): 12:57pm On Oct 17, 2011
Just because someone has achieved things necessarily doesn't make the person more suited for other kinds of challenges. Some people wanted GEJ, now that they have him see what we are getting in return, Just because Siasia excelled with the national teams at lower levels, now with him at the helms of affairs at the most senior level Nigeria won't be at next year's African Nations Cup, We all lauded Gej when he made Iweala the Minister for Finance but she is the brain behind the subsidy removal plan which when implemented will impose serious hardship on Nigerians. MY WHOLE POINT- The same people we put our trust in always foul up when you least expect because they are human beings like you and i. We should never overestimate the presence of people in our lives because without them, our lives will still go on. And For those of you still clamouring for Dora, take placards to the senate and request for the immediate removal of Ngige and the immediate swearing in of Akunyili!!
Re: The Senate Without Dora Akunyili by sley4life(m): 1:54pm On Oct 17, 2011
Is senate her personal property. I wonder what topic people post this days
Re: The Senate Without Dora Akunyili by onyengbu: 2:05pm On Oct 17, 2011
sley4life:

Is senate her personal property. I wonder what topic people post this days

Dont mind that boy.

I think he is chino11/chy101 with a new ID.
Re: The Senate Without Dora Akunyili by Johnpaul2k2(m): 3:20pm On Oct 17, 2011
let her go and cook for her husband angry angry angry angry
Re: The Senate Without Dora Akunyili by MrGlobe(m): 4:08pm On Oct 17, 2011
Akunyili my foot. And for the person saying ngige didnt win by a landslide, obviously you didnt see the massive rigging carried out by apga but ngige was still able to pull through because of his precedents. Akunyili is a sycophant, she is narcisistic. She loves praises. The people realized and booted her off. This same 'messiah' it was who teamed with focusless obi to bribe inec returning officer. Everybody has known what and who she is but me I knew during the yaradua debacle. Ngige's non perfomance is akunyili's hopelessness. If you want her in the senate, beg you state or senatorial people to adopt her, Shikena

(1) (2) (Reply)

German Worker Kidnapped In Nigeria. Boko Haram? / Advantage Of Investing In Benin Republic. money Security / Should Igbos Start Selling Their Landed Property In Lagos, Please Check Reasons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.