Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,162 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:56 AM

Watching Football Is Nothing But Sheer Tomfoolery! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Watching Football Is Nothing But Sheer Tomfoolery! (4755 Views)

Which Football Player Made You To Start Watching Football? / The Ultimate Reason Why Football Is Wayy Better Than Soccer / American Football Is Better Than Soccer! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Watching Football Is Nothing But Sheer Tomfoolery! by Serendipity: 9:03pm On Oct 15, 2011
Gosh!
I am yet to fathom
why twenty-two grown-ups should be running about in the field chasing one bunkum-- football, and call it sports.
The worst part of the whole shebang -- and the most infernal-- is people's obsession with this nonsense as they are held spellbound and glued to the TV watching it. They discuss it as though it were their private business or puts food on their tables.
In fact some fight and even commit suicide just because of football.
What for?
I can't seem to decipher what bearing a practice such as watching football can have on my life.
They play football, get paid undeservedly.
OR  do they deserve the undue pay they get?
I'm not saying that they shouldn't be properly remunerated. But it's just that what they get is dogmatically excessive, especially amid people's abject and piteous existence. Worse still, they spend the money frivolously and injudiciously, especially on women. C. Ronaldo, I garnered, has twenty-eight girl friends, isn't it an insult on our moral sensibilities and psyche?
In addition to the above, is the harm football has done to our vacuous and callow youths as it is unimaginably abysmal.
These green beings can delightly reel of the names of these footballers, how much they are paid, how many goals they scored, including how many girl friends they have; whereas some can't name ten states in their country.
So, what then is my business with football if directly or indirectly I can't gain anything from it -- financially or otherwise.
Having said the above, I would love to be convinced beyond reasonable doubt that football can have any bearing on my life/personality.
Thanks for your attentiveness!

1 Like

Re: Watching Football Is Nothing But Sheer Tomfoolery! by texazzpete(m): 3:54pm On Oct 16, 2011
Serendipity:

Gosh!
I am yet to fathom
why twenty-two grown-ups should be running about in the field chasing one bunkum-- football, and call it sports.
The worst part of the whole shebang -- and the most infernal-- is people's obsession with this nonsense as they are held spellbound and glued to the TV watching it. They discuss it as though it were their private business or puts food on their tables.
What for?
I can't seem to decipher what bearing a practice such as watching football can have on my life.
I'm not saying that they shouldn't be properly remunerated. But it's just that what they get is dogmatically excessive, especially amid people's abject and piteous existence. Worse still, they spend the money frivolously and injudiciously, especially on women. C. Ronaldo, I garnered, has twenty-eight girl friends, isn't it an insult on our moral sensibilities and psyche?
In addition to the above, is the harm football has done to our vacuous and callow youths as it is unimaginably abysmal.
These green beings can delightly reel of the names of these footballers, how much they are paid, how many goals they scored, including how many girl friends they have; whereas some can't name ten states in their country.
So, what then is my business with football if directly or indirectly I can't gain anything from it -- financially or otherwise.
Having said the above, I would love to be convinced beyond reasonable doubt that football can have any bearing on my life/personality.

I have not gained one kobo from you being alive. So what is the point of your life? grin

See how silly your rant sounds?

PS: If we all fast and pray, do you think the guy who holds a gun to your head and forces you to watch football will let you go?

2 Likes

Re: Watching Football Is Nothing But Sheer Tomfoolery! by mobf: 3:57pm On Oct 16, 2011
Serendipity:

Gosh!
I am yet to fathom
What for?
OR do they deserve the undue pay they get?
Attention seeker, smh
Re: Watching Football Is Nothing But Sheer Tomfoolery! by Nobody: 3:58pm On Oct 16, 2011
are you a failed 'baller or a basketball fan? undecided
Re: Watching Football Is Nothing But Sheer Tomfoolery! by Dgunnerz(m): 3:59pm On Oct 16, 2011
Just speechless!
Re: Watching Football Is Nothing But Sheer Tomfoolery! by semid4lyfe(m): 4:03pm On Oct 16, 2011
Serendipity:
Gosh!
I am yet to fathom
What for?
OR  do they deserve the undue pay they get?

Hehehe. . .who thief this one kele wey hin come dey vex and rant for here shocked grin

Anyhow sha, all to hin own. Me LOVE to dey play and watch football sha, so much I play SET football every Saturday and watch/follow the matches of teams I support. If to sey u talk sports like American Football, Rugby, cricket etc I for do support striker for you tongue but my FOOTBALL. . .the BEAUTIFUL game and world's sport. . .like D'Banj go talk, FILE BE!!! wink

After all said and said, one man meat na another man poison, make we just leave am like that. . . . . .
Re: Watching Football Is Nothing But Sheer Tomfoolery! by Nobody: 4:04pm On Oct 16, 2011
Wind up merchant.
OR
Proberbly a fan of a pre determined entertainment sport like Wrestling.
Re: Watching Football Is Nothing But Sheer Tomfoolery! by executinal(m): 4:16pm On Oct 16, 2011
Serendipity:

Gosh!
I am yet to fathom
What for?
Do you contribute to football? if the answer i no, then you should go to bed and complete your dream.
Re: Watching Football Is Nothing But Sheer Tomfoolery! by saintneo(m): 4:32pm On Oct 16, 2011
the last time i heard this kind of analysis, it came from a gay friend who sees wan.king as the best sports.
Re: Watching Football Is Nothing But Sheer Tomfoolery! by Meedu(m): 4:40pm On Oct 16, 2011
texazzpete:

I have not gained one kobo from you being alive. So what is the point of your life? grin

PS: If we all fast and pray, do you think the guy who holds a gun to your head and forces you to watch football will let you go?

grin grin grin
NLANDERS UNA GO KILL PESIN O!
Re: Watching Football Is Nothing But Sheer Tomfoolery! by Peromnia: 4:57pm On Oct 16, 2011
Absurd!
28 girl friends?
Re: Watching Football Is Nothing But Sheer Tomfoolery! by Peromnia: 4:59pm On Oct 16, 2011
What?
Re: Watching Football Is Nothing But Sheer Tomfoolery! by Peromnia: 5:01pm On Oct 16, 2011
Hmmm. The OP dey make some sense oh!
Re: Watching Football Is Nothing But Sheer Tomfoolery! by binaflexia: 5:06pm On Oct 16, 2011
Serendipity is a wrong username, should have be Stupidity!
Re: Watching Football Is Nothing But Sheer Tomfoolery! by Serendipity: 5:08pm On Oct 16, 2011
texazzpete:

I have not gained one kobo from you being alive. So what is the point of your life?  grin

You are just trolling and and haven't answered my question.
Don't be churlish
Re: Watching Football Is Nothing But Sheer Tomfoolery! by Serendipity: 5:14pm On Oct 16, 2011
binaflexia:

Serendipity is a wrong username, should have be Stupidity!
Please only adults are invited here. Okay?
Re: Watching Football Is Nothing But Sheer Tomfoolery! by Ekpekus(m): 5:24pm On Oct 16, 2011
@OP are u paid 2 write this But wait a minute, since u hate the game so much u stil had the time 2 knw who CR7 was. Abeg football is a game. Are u paid by the muscians u cheer or buy their album Smh
Re: Watching Football Is Nothing But Sheer Tomfoolery! by deloon(m): 5:26pm On Oct 16, 2011
@ OP. I totally agree with you. I've never been able to understand the strong passion most people have for football.
Re: Watching Football Is Nothing But Sheer Tomfoolery! by juman(m): 5:27pm On Oct 16, 2011
Yeah, that's your opinion.

I have the same feeling towards playing cricket.
Re: Watching Football Is Nothing But Sheer Tomfoolery! by stagger: 5:35pm On Oct 16, 2011
OP,

Find something to do with your life.
Re: Watching Football Is Nothing But Sheer Tomfoolery! by Imaeyez(m): 5:40pm On Oct 16, 2011
Personally,I have stop'd watching football for a long time now,for "priority" reasons but that does not change the fact that football is FUN and it is only normal for people to have fun,so I can't frown at people who still want to enjoy it, Consider the problems you talk'd about as disadvantages (present in everything we do). I got 3 words for you poster LIVE YOUR LIFE.
Re: Watching Football Is Nothing But Sheer Tomfoolery! by REDBULL1(m): 5:43pm On Oct 16, 2011
Sorry abt ur case pal, but football pays me real good. And it also pays a gud number of followers. As at d time of typin this, i've made 50 dollars from dis sunday's footy.(it's not much, but i can buy me some beers, lol) There's still a lot more matches yet to be played. Besides, a lot of business revolve around football. There's d bookmakers, football pools, clothes merchandise, tv moneys, Football traders like me!
Re: Watching Football Is Nothing But Sheer Tomfoolery! by joudini(m): 6:05pm On Oct 16, 2011
First, this is your opinion and l understand you are entitled to one, so l respect that.

If you had really wanted to know what makes billions of people follow this sport, you would have made your enquiry with an open mind not generating spouting statements as above.
Re: Watching Football Is Nothing But Sheer Tomfoolery! by aieromon(m): 6:21pm On Oct 16, 2011
@OP
What's your favorite sport?
Re: Watching Football Is Nothing But Sheer Tomfoolery! by fexlist(m): 6:26pm On Oct 16, 2011
It's d number 1 sport. Even futuball is so greate that the government of a country include it in its budget.
Re: Watching Football Is Nothing But Sheer Tomfoolery! by sheyguy: 6:40pm On Oct 16, 2011
I cant understand this fellow oh,
to me football is like a play with 22 naturally talented artist, its the realest form of entertainment u can gej anywhere.
For anybody to dislike it then that person must dislike things like films cos i dont see them as real.
Re: Watching Football Is Nothing But Sheer Tomfoolery! by Skii(m): 6:53pm On Oct 16, 2011
@OP, you comments and the possibly long thread that might follow will be clearly like many other arguements on NL. it typifies the usual format, one persons opinion with a biased point of view that will trigger responses with individual bais with facts and figures all mulled up together

In an attempt to get back to your post though,

For instance, CRonaldo is one in a million footballer with such attributes. There are players like Kaka (reputed Born-Again Christians), Kanu Nwankwo (running a heart foundation) for that mattter who live saner lifestyles

The fact that we have young people who are turning to football is no fault of the young people IMO, its largely due to the failure of government to provide alternatives. just look at the mess called Nigeria as it is now.schools and all? We also have young people turning to music and acting too you know.

Sports, football in particular, is a form of relaxation, both for the players and the spectators! Except you generally don't have an appreciation of/for sport. Why football so popular?In general it continues to receive growing popularity with the successes it records on and off the pitch.

Off the pitch, Fashola once made a comment about football encompassing nearly all professions. From the lawyers who perfect the contracts, to the mass communicators who do radio and television commemtary to the camera men on ground, the police and security, the engineering of the stadiums, the medical teams of the teams that consists of doctors, physiotherapists, food nutritionists and so on, to the tailors of the sportswear giants that make jerseys, the accountants you name it.the list is endless. Think about it. FOOTBALL PAYS

On the pitch, infact, i'll leave that to other die hard football fans to help me out
Re: Watching Football Is Nothing But Sheer Tomfoolery! by Nobody: 6:55pm On Oct 16, 2011
Oh my!!! My bf needs to see this thread.

He will even forsake food for football.
Re: Watching Football Is Nothing But Sheer Tomfoolery! by deolu2000(m): 7:03pm On Oct 16, 2011
@poster:something tells me you follow ftbll for you to know there are 22 players and most especially that C. Ronaldo has 28 girlfriends when i that am a huge fan never knew.you don't like something doesn't mean other should hate it also,so i suggest you get smthg doing than coming here to pour your economy problems on football.
Re: Watching Football Is Nothing But Sheer Tomfoolery! by asha80(m): 7:04pm On Oct 16, 2011
poster what are your favourite pastimes and hobbies?
Re: Watching Football Is Nothing But Sheer Tomfoolery! by vincent10(m): 7:27pm On Oct 16, 2011
@op This should be one of the best post in NL.
Re: Watching Football Is Nothing But Sheer Tomfoolery! by yulad(m): 7:33pm On Oct 16, 2011
Serendipity, I think you have a point. Most of these gung-ho football fans should get a life away from the screen. But seriously, that is their own headache.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Siasia Says People Are Jealous Of Him / For Those Searching For Sure Soccer Odds I Want To Share With You The Best Tips / Betdey(betdey.com) Is A Fraud.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.