Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,262 members, 7,780,585 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:57 PM

Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues - Culture (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues (17790 Views)

History Of Tribal Marks ( Yoruba Perspective) + pictures / Words Of Tribal Origin Used As General Slangs & Their Meanings / What Are The Importance Of Tribal Mark? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues by tpia5: 5:28pm On Oct 19, 2011
madam, i thought you said your parents are the tribalistic ones.

why attacking nlers when its not like we're the ones involved in this problem.

christygenius:

our  parents dont support our plans from both sides.

go and abuse your parents for being tribalistic nah.
Re: Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues by christygenius(f): 5:50pm On Oct 19, 2011
@ one naira, bia nwokem, ole di ihe na eme sef, o maka nam dehiere obere ihe mere ijiri si nam abughi onye igbo. Lee anya kam gwa giooo, Akuko a abughi ihe nokatara dee kama na obu ihe n'eme ugbua. Ihe i na-amaghi i kwusi i kwu ya , i nula. Ezigbo ara agbakwala gioooo, odika i na- ekwodi ara ekwo. Since u and ur likes re doubting thomas, am a core igbo lady from Obosi in Anambra State. Get that.
Re: Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues by AndreUweh(m): 6:12pm On Oct 19, 2011
christygenius:

@ one naira, bia nwokem, ole di ihe na eme sef, o maka nam dehiere obere ihe mere ijiri si nam abughi onye igbo. Lee anya kam gwa giooo, Akuko a abughi ihe nokatara dee kama na obu ihe n'eme ugbua. Ihe i na-amaghi i kwusi i kwu ya , i nula. Ezigbo ara agbakwala gioooo, odika i na- ekwodi ara ekwo. Since u and your likes re doubting thomas, am a core igbo lady from Obosi in Anambra State. Get that.
Christy nwada di mma: odoro m anya ofuma ihe ina-agabiga ugbua. Nne na nna enyi gi nwoke achoro gi cha cha. Ha nwekwere ike igbufu gi. Obi fere ndi aha na azu. Ama m ofuma na odighi ofele, mana Chukwu nna ga anonyere gi. Gba oso gbafuo na ebe aha, otutu umuIgbo juru eju juputa. Onweghi udi di na anogi na alaIgbo. Mgbe oge nke gi ruo, Onye nwe anyi ga aroputara gi di nke gi.
Biko nuru odumodu nkea nwanne gi nwoke wu Andrew na enye gi. Oga abara gi uru. Udo diri gi.
Re: Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues by Freesia(f): 10:29pm On Oct 19, 2011
Phew!! Christy there are some tough decisions to be made,all the best in whatever avenue you decide to take
Re: Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues by HighChief4(m): 11:58pm On Oct 19, 2011
christygenius:

@ one naira, bia nwokem, ole di ihe na eme sef, o maka nam dehiere obere ihe mere ijiri si nam abughi onye igbo. Lee anya kam gwa giooo, Akuko a abughi ihe nokatara dee kama na obu ihe n'eme ugbua. Ihe i na-amaghi i kwusi i kwu ya , i nula. Ezigbo ara agbakwala gioooo, odika i na- ekwodi ara ekwo. Since u and your likes re doubting thomas, am a core igbo lady from Obosi in Anambra State. Get that.

Marriage is not just about love, so dont hinge your decision on that. You are also getting married to your bf and his people, so it makes no sense being with him when his people do not accept you. What is wrong is wrong and pushing harder will never make it right.

"Were odumodu Nwannem nwoke Andrew nyere gi, nwanyi oma"
Re: Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues by christygenius(f): 3:13am On Oct 20, 2011
@tpia, am sorry for the attack, but u wont blame me cos these insults nairalanders were unleashing on themselves is way too unacceptable. Dont attack my parents, they re not tribalistic, as a matter of fact they love my guy as a person. i think they re being protective and as well want the best for me.this is becos of what most ladies face being married outside their tribe. What i need is a sincere brotherly and sisterly advice on what to do and not these thrash. God !!!!!! People can be mean. I wonder if we're at war here. If anybody havee scores to settle with another, i dont think this is the best avenue to do that. God help us.

@ andre uwe, thanks for ur concern but i dont they re that bad. Thanks dude.
Re: Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues by christygenius(f): 3:16am On Oct 20, 2011
thank u my good advicers
Re: Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues by aljharem3: 3:24am On Oct 20, 2011
christygenius:

@ andre uwe, thanks for your concern but i dont they re that bad. Thanks dude.

My sister, I wish you a very happy life but It would be dumb on ur part if you listen to likes of Andre Uweh and co.
Re: Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues by tpia5: 3:48am On Oct 20, 2011
christygenius:

@tpia, am sorry for the attack, but u wont blame me cos these insults nairalanders were unleashing on themselves is way too unacceptable. Dont attack my parents, they re not tribalistic, as a matter of fact they love my guy as a person. i think they re being protective and as well want the best for me.this is becos of what most ladies face being married outside their tribe. What i need is a sincere brotherly and sisterly advice on what to do and not these thrash. God !!!!!! People can be mean. I wonder if we're at war here. If anybody havee scores to settle with another, i dont think this is the best avenue to do that. God help us.

if your feel your parents are looking out for you, then why assume others who have the same pov as your parents, arent?

just asking.

but the main thing here is you're an adult and free to do whatever you think is in your best interest.
Re: Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues by Nobody: 4:35am On Oct 20, 2011
christygenius:

When did i suddenly learn to write Igbo? grin

My dear, dont mind these neanderthals.
Re: Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues by Nobody: 4:37am On Oct 20, 2011
christygenius:

@ Ileke idi or what ever thing u call urself. I think u must be mentally insane for what u posted here. U must be a sadist who doesnt know what love is all abt.u need to get your head to be clearly examined. Moreover, who even invited or need your uselesss opinion here. Its your sisters and any other women existing in your useless life that are rejects, insane, ugly etc. Ure nothing but a tribalist.

Go and marry him o jere.

You're right, i dont know what love is. it's simply a fairy tale that women form to shackle themselves .

I know what strong like is.
Re: Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 5:23am On Oct 20, 2011
@christygenius just check out some of the gorgeousness u did be missing out. grin grin grinhttps://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-778300.64.html
Re: Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues by Jenifa1: 5:35am On Oct 20, 2011
When you have your own kids, remember your experience and let them marry whomever they wish.
Re: Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 5:57am On Oct 20, 2011
I did advice u to marry him but both your parents said no. In most cases Yoruba father want igbo daughter in-law, but in this case dey are saying no and your parents now have an obligation to be protective of you so u are not mistreated.

It is funny how dey allowed their son to date u for all those years but wouldn't allow for marriage. His parents must be one hard core tribalist sicko. I guess, if your parents had not objected to the relationship(your the girl) den surely dey would not have objected to the marriage. 

Love can be very painful, so get urself together and say good bye to him for good. If u really have to marry a Yoruba get urself another but I wouldn't.

The best advice u did get from a sister.
Re: Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues by Nobody: 7:29am On Oct 20, 2011
Jenifa_:

When you have your own kids, remember your experience and let them marry whomever they wish.

She wont understand and neither will most of these ppl until they have their own children.

Traditional Yoruba parents PREFER their children to marry from the Yoruba clan. It's not really tribal, but more on preserving cultural values.
Re: Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 7:39am On Oct 20, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

She wont understand and neither will most of these ppl until they have their own children.

Traditional Yoruba parents PREFER their children to marry from the Yoruba clan. It's not really tribal, but more on preserving cultural values.

Dis has nothing to do with preserving cultural values but tribalism. She is marrying into the culture and becoming a custodian of the culture and not the other way round as with yoruba girls marrying igbomen, much objected by yoruba father's still becos of tribalism and not culture, unless he wants to keep it in the family for himself.(Inbreeding)
Re: Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues by Nobody: 7:48am On Oct 20, 2011
Bliss4Lyfe:

Dis has nothing to do with preserving cultural values but tribalism. She is marrying into the culture and becoming a custodian of the culture and not the other way round as with yoruba girls marrying igbomen, much objected by yoruba father's still becos of tribalism and not culture, unless he wants to keep it in the family for himself.(Inbreeding)

How does preserving cultural values automatically mean inbreeding? shivers
I guess diff minds do not always entertain the same thoughts.
Re: Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 7:55am On Oct 20, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

How does preserving cultural values automatically mean inbreeding? shivers
I guess diff minds do not always entertain the same thoughts.

LMAO
grin
Re: Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues by Istillfuckyou: 7:00pm On Aug 05, 2014
airmark: Bad advisers full here. Especially Andrew uweh. You think husband is like opa, which you can easily pick one and eat. The rate at which Igbo girls go for Yoruba guys is not far fetched. They are more handsome and caring. I lived in enugu for over a year , i know better.
pretender! this is what u really are! a damn, myopic tribalist
Re: Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues by davidif: 9:12am On Aug 08, 2014
Abagworo: Ladies need to be less emotional and also ready to move on.This African mentality of sticking to one man is why they are always the ones issues like this affect more.My advice is for you to leave the guy.He is not the only guy in the world.You can be dating him without marriage if you so much love him.The guy will definitely move on and marry a choice wife while still dating you.Why can't you do the same?

My goodness!!!!!! What is this??
Some Nigerians can have the most irritating and despicable opinions at times.
Re: Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues by davidif: 9:14am On Aug 08, 2014
ifyalways: Two realistic options:
Darn both Parents and go ahead with the marriage.

Listen to the old folks and seperate peacefully.

I would not encourage anyone to dabble into marriage with none of the parents in support.The cons outweigh whatever pro is there.

You'd surely get another guy,same with the dude.

You do know parents are human beings and can be wrong right?
Re: Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues by davidif: 9:18am On Aug 08, 2014
AndreUweh: @Christygenius, this guy is deceiving you. Let him go and marry a Yoruba chick and you marry an Igbo dude. We hardly see Yoruba girls begging for an Igboman's love. What a shame.
 Let him go for good as surely an Igboman will at some point come for you. Get yourself more involved in Igbo activities and Igbo people.

What kind of ridiculous thought process is this?!?!?!?
Chai! Nigerians na wa o.
Re: Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues by davidif: 9:28am On Aug 08, 2014

As a Yoruba woman, I feel the parents sha. I've told my sons and daughters to not even look beyond the SW, MB and SS. It's a personal preference.

Isn't that selfish on your part? Marriage is about your kids and NOT YOU!!!
Re: Help, My Happiness Is At Stake Because Of Tribal Issues by davidif: 9:30am On Aug 08, 2014
AndreUweh:
It is not a taboo. If your genotype is A.S and you want to marry a girl with same genotype as you, will you not thread with caution?.
Marriage should be between people who share same cultural outlook. The advice I have given the poster here is the same advice I gave a niece of mine last year when she came to tell me about one certain Taju from Kwara who was asking her hand in marriage. I showed disaproval even before she finished her story. Now she is happily married and locally. To God be the glory.

Wow!!! You are full of hate and bigotry and yet you used the name of God to pat yourself on the back??

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

A Man Must Not Lay With A Woman Pregnant For Another Man: How True? / Igbos Were The Proto-Bantus -Igbodefender.com / Olomu: Where It’s Taboo For Pregnant Woman To Die

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.