Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,802,013 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:54 AM

Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) - Music/Radio (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) (24679 Views)

no / Be Wise And Get Enlightened – An Advice To Nigerian Rappers / Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by bouzymill2: 10:35pm On Oct 23, 2011
These days, Every Shukura, Iyabo and Ibinabo wants to analyze Hip Hop lyrics. . . *smh*.

The artiste selection for that cypher alone shows that Nigeria knows little next to nothing about Hip Hop. It's not about the biggest names, it's about their abilities to deliver top notch lines without necessarily saying I got paid to do whatever (Sup Iceprince). . .

I like XO's ability to pen insightful and "make sense" lines but you've got to have the theatrical abilities to deliver your punchlines. Not jumping up and down with your hands up in your balls like Chris Brown meets Igbo. . .  The good use of the hand and other gestures are basic skills every good emcee should know . . .

And as per XO's delivery, my personal instance is this,  I like Flesh-N-Bone's lyrics, always penned nicely. . . but you can't compare it to Bizzy or Krazy Bone's lines. While Flesh is lyrically crazy, The latter duo beat him to delivery. so it's simple, lyrics + delivery will always win lyrics and poor delivery

There is a fine line between "I too Know" and Intelligence, so I get it when people usually see Modenine as been arrogant, but to use the cypher as an example, isn't it super obvious that, M9 understands hip-hop waaaaaaaaaaaay better than these guys in the cypher. . . (Check his hand gestures while delivering in that cypher. they explained the lines well)

plus, something else worked for M9, other rappers there physically showed their respect. . . and that helped his delivery,  Same thing worked for Eminem. (M.I introduced him in the cypher as "The legend, Modenine
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by mikuz(m): 11:03pm On Oct 23, 2011
*Comments reserved*
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by Mobinga: 7:59pm On Oct 24, 2011
mikuz:

*Comments reserved*

AQ is w**k ^^^

grin grin
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by mikuz(m): 10:59pm On Oct 24, 2011
Lol
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by Revolva(m): 1:43am On Oct 25, 2011
Big ups

But they could have not included , Ice prince and naeto C. saucekid, there they shold have included Godwon, OD, Terry da Rapman.Str8buttah,Illbliss, men

Men they organizers bleeped up jare
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by Wordsmith(m): 3:43pm On Oct 25, 2011
^Illbliss is an abomination. Please remove that name from the list.
The wackest of them all. . .
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by webang: 6:22pm On Oct 25, 2011
2011 BET Nigerian Raw Uncut Cypher By Magnum Video “Exclusive”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyVTGX1OdwQ

By now you have all heard about the Nigerian BET Cypher with all the top Nigerian rappers spitting fire. Here is Magnum’s version of the BET Cypher.

We all we got boss.

Thank you so much for supporting Nigerian Rap Artist.

Facebook /iammagnum
Twitter/iammagnum
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by AnthonyAk(m): 9:49pm On Nov 02, 2011
here are the female MCs

Source : http://mlcmag.com/2011/10/nigerian-hip-hop-kings-and-queens-styling-on-the-bet-cypher/

Im not sure how to embed videos on here
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by thetelz(m): 3:32am On Nov 10, 2011
Mode 9 > m.i> sauce kid> X.O> ice prince. Naeto c should go and find his place somewhere else, when someone on twitter told him he was wack on the cypher, he insulted his father, imagine that! Its funny how the most hyped rappers in nigeria are the fakest e.g ice prince, naeto c
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by mikuz(m): 10:41am On Nov 10, 2011
^ on point
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by Ivycongen: 1:31pm On Nov 14, 2011
WooooW, pls I need this Video or Audio now, pls peeps just finished watching it on TV, woooow is tha bomb, pls u guys shouldn't fail ♏ε̲̣̣̣̥, I trust u guys, ONE LOVE
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by webang: 3:33pm On Dec 25, 2011
[flash=560,315]http://yoututube.com/v/9hVxIWhK67k[/flash]

Hello there and merry Xmas !
Magnum is back again, but this time on the comedic front.
Giving an adept lyrical tutorial on how to cook one of Naija's favorite dishes 'Dodo ati Ewa.'
Take Magnum's 'Dodo Ati Ewa' home this Xmas as a free download from sound cloud Share link below with a friend who will in turn share with their friend so we all learn how to cook this delicious dish.

Music Genre: Rap/ Afro Hip-hop/Afro beat
Email: Magnum@iammagnum.com
Label: Swagnificent Music
Social Media
Twitter    :Iammagnum
Facebook :Officially Magnum
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by webang: 3:34pm On Dec 25, 2011
[flash=560,315]http://youtube.com/v/9hVxIWhK67k[/flash]

Hello there and merry Xmas !
Magnum is back again, but this time on the comedic front.
Giving an adept lyrical tutorial on how to cook one of Naija's favorite dishes 'Dodo ati Ewa.'
Take Magnum's 'Dodo Ati Ewa' home this Xmas as a free download from sound cloud Share link below with a friend who will in turn share with their friend so we all learn how to cook this delicious dish.

Click link below to watch Magnum's official video enjoy.
Music Genre: Rap/ Afro Hip-hop/Afro beat
Email: Magnum@iammagnum.com
Label: Swagnificent Music
Social Media
Twitter    :Iammagnum
Facebook :Officially Magnum
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by markbutcher: 9:57pm On Feb 20, 2015
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by markbutcher: 9:58pm On Feb 20, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZsKh0faiNE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyVTGX1OdwQ

By now you have all heard about the Nigerian BET Cypher with all the top Nigerian rappers spitting fire. Here is Magnum’s version of the BET Cypher.

We all we got boss.

Thank you so much for supporting Nigerian Rap Artist.

Facebook /iammagnum
Twitter/iammagnum
[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Sesan's Official Statement On Leaked Skelewu Video / Fireboy DML Becomes The First Afrobeat Artiste To Perform On BET Awards Stage / M.I Best Nigerian Rapper For Now: (true/false)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.