Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,878 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:01 AM

Traditional Ruler Beaten Over Land Disputes - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Traditional Ruler Beaten Over Land Disputes (3256 Views)

Oba Akiolu Appears In Court Over Land Dispute (Photo) / APC Members And Traditional Ruler Killed As Gunmen Invade Rivers / Nigerian Air Force & Benue Community Clash Over Land Dispute (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Traditional Ruler Beaten Over Land Disputes by SouthEast1: 4:33am On Oct 16, 2011
Where is the so-called respect for elders that our SW friends prattle about? Is this culture gone awry or its been a fake culture ab initio?

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/22942-traditional-ruler-beaten-and-left-to-die-over-land-dispute.html

Traditional ruler beaten and left to die over land dispute
By Adesoji Adeniyi, Osogbo 4 hours 32 minutes ago
Font size: Decrease font Enlarge font

A scheduled meeting between Baale of Temidire in Egbedore local government council of Osun State, Alhaji Bakare Adeyemo, with his two surveyors on a parcel of land within the community almost led to his death.

On his way to meet his appointment, he was ambushed by some suspected hoodlums. He was dragged out of his Mercedes Benz 200 car and beaten with cutlasses, axes and dangerous weapons. They also allegedly stole N1.5 million in the booth of his car, beat him to a pulp, and was left in his own pool of blood and left to die.

The surveyors, who had been waiting for him after waiting endlessly for him left. However, on their way home they met the baale in the bush where his assailants had left him to die.

The surveyors were his saviours. His family was contacted and they rushed to the bush to carry him to the hospital for immediate medical attention. Recovering from his hospital bed, Baale Adeyemo alleged that the Olokinni of Okinni, a neighbouring community, Akadiri Okanola, was the sponsor of the attack because of he had been assaulted many times by him and his men over a land dispute.

“Going by identities of some of the hoodlums, who attacked me, I am sure that they were the agents of the Olokinni, Akadiri Okanola. Everybody knows them as the regular hoodlums the Olokinni uses to fight anybody he perceived as his enemy. When they were beating and hitting me with dangerous weapons, one of them said kabiyesi had said we should kill him at once.

“More so, this is not the first time they attacked me. But this one is too serious because they actually planned to kill me. In fact, they thought I had died with the way they rough handled me on the fateful day. They went away with the key of my car, my handsets and N1.5 million paid for the land.

In fact, I was to deposit the money in the bank on that day. That is why I kept it inside the booth.

“I cannot say how I was carried from the scene but I was told later that it was the surveyors who ran to my house to inform my family. I was first taken to a private hospital after which the matter was reported at the Dada Estate Divisional Police Headquarters. Later I was transferred to Ladoke Akintola University of Technology Teaching Hospital in Osogbo,” the Baale recalled.

Baale Adeyemo said that the police had arrested some of the suspects, including the Olokinni. He explained that before the arrest by the police he first evaded until few days after when he was forced to report himself at the police station in  Dada Estate, Osogbo. According to the baale, the police said the Olokinni had been bailed after promising to produce the suspects.

However, Remi Ayoade, legal counsel to the Olokinni said his client knew nothing about the attack on Baale Adeyemo. He said his client rather than taking laws into his hand is seeking a legal redress in court over the land dispute between him and the baale.

“On the day of attack on Baale Adeyemo, my client was on a visit to a monarch in Kwara State. How could he have supervised the attack? And if the police, after their investigation, had linked him with the attack on Baale Adeyemo, my client would have been taken to court for prosecution. So, the allegation is false,” he said.

Commissioner of Police of the Osun State Command, Mr. Solomon Olusegun, could not confirm the incident. But the Divisional Police Officer of Dada Estate Division, Musa Okene, reluctantly confirmed the attack on the baale. However, he said the Olokinni had written a petition against his Division, resulting in the preparation for the transfer of the matter to the Monitoring at the Command Headquarters.
“That is all I can tell you because I am not supposed to divulge information about our investigation to you. You can wait until the matter is charged to court. That is all I can say for now,” he said.
Re: Traditional Ruler Beaten Over Land Disputes by Johndoe100(m): 4:54am On Oct 16, 2011
Yoruba people - no respect. Anyway they seem to be crumbling culturally, financially (no more oil money to steal and build the SW) and morally.
Re: Traditional Ruler Beaten Over Land Disputes by Akanbiedu(m): 5:31am On Oct 16, 2011
Oil money doesn't build, it destroys. Most enduring legacies of SW were built before oil. Meanwili, SW ain't going nowhere so soon. Just do your turn and pass the baton. Nigeria is not breaking, yet. Any attempt to do that, you people will be severely dealt with.
Re: Traditional Ruler Beaten Over Land Disputes by aloyemeka1: 5:37am On Oct 16, 2011
Akanbi_edu:

Oil money doesn't build, it destroys. Most enduring legacies of SW were built before oil. Meanwili, SW ain't going nowhere so soon. Just do your turn and pass the baton. Nigeria is not breaking, yet. Any attempt to do that, you people will be severely dealt with.

so you prefer Nigeria to stay together and let northerners keep massacring southerners in their home states?.
Re: Traditional Ruler Beaten Over Land Disputes by Seunn11: 10:17am On Oct 16, 2011
What a happy ending for the Oba! Follow link below:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-782685.0.html
Re: Traditional Ruler Beaten Over Land Disputes by AndreUweh(m): 12:38pm On Oct 16, 2011
This is too bad. Am happy he did not die from the injuries inflicted on him by those disrespectful foools.
Re: Traditional Ruler Beaten Over Land Disputes by Nobody: 12:43pm On Oct 16, 2011
Na wa oo! Dis ethnic tng is a real virus in some Nigerians. What happened here s a pure out-of-hand dispute btween two monachs, the 'odinary' Yoruba peple ar not beatng up dere kings or elders.
Re: Traditional Ruler Beaten Over Land Disputes by redsun(m): 12:52pm On Oct 16, 2011
The core foundation of nigerian society is diminishing as a result of endemic corruption and wide spread irresponsibility in the system.At this point in time,we are neither whites nor blacks and it is getting worse
Re: Traditional Ruler Beaten Over Land Disputes by 1luvkipsus: 2:44pm On Oct 16, 2011
All these Yorubas obas dat rape &sexually molest little girls deserve no respect.
Re: Traditional Ruler Beaten Over Land Disputes by playmode(m): 4:46pm On Oct 16, 2011
They should beat more Yoruba Obas because they are useless monkeys who should be locked up in the zoo with Tura soap where they can continue to bleach their skin.If i were the president ,i will have all these so called cultural leaders butchered by military assassins.They do not contribute anything to the development of Nigeria.Instead they have sold their souls to politicians and can be bought for a sum.They are dinosaurs that should be made extinct.
Re: Traditional Ruler Beaten Over Land Disputes by kodewrita(m): 7:52pm On Oct 16, 2011
Our kings are second only to the Gods. They ARE NOT GODs.

Besides that guy was just a common chief. There are only 16 Royal Heads in Yorubaland. the rest are lucky chieftains and descendants of regional warlords.

You dont see anyone attempting that with the Ooni of Ife or the Alaafin or the Alaake or even the Deji of Akure.

Its only local chieftains that overstep their bounds that get beaten.
Re: Traditional Ruler Beaten Over Land Disputes by Nobody: 9:29am On Oct 17, 2011
Tribalism here they come grin
Re: Traditional Ruler Beaten Over Land Disputes by lagcity(m): 10:12am On Oct 17, 2011
South East, I always enjoy these ya posts. You are a very hardworking man cheesy cheesy.
Re: Traditional Ruler Beaten Over Land Disputes by Intrepid1(m): 11:44am On Oct 17, 2011
Who gave him N1.5million that he was toting around in the boot of a Benz 200? Does he think the Govt will replace the 'stolen' money? That's a fishy claim right there.
Re: Traditional Ruler Beaten Over Land Disputes by ochiaha1(m): 11:54am On Oct 17, 2011
Seunn11:

What a happy ending for the Oba! Follow link below:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-782685.0.html

@Seunn, you have shown, once again, that you suffer from deep xenophobia (unnatural fears of strangers), that is why you left this thread about a Yoruba Baale who was attacked by fellow Yoruba cannibals, like yourself, and re-directed us to one about the kidnap of an Igbo Chief. wink

We all know that 'Gbomo Gbomos' (child kidnappers) are endemic to Yoruba land and we know what you and your evil cohorts use those children for: Money Rituals. So the Igbo kidnappers are still better than your Yoruba ones, as they release their victims once the ransome money is paid. cheesy
Re: Traditional Ruler Beaten Over Land Disputes by cynthiafred67(f): 3:11pm On Oct 17, 2011
1luvkipsus:

All these Yorubas obas dat violation &sexually molest little girls deserve no respect.
Re: Traditional Ruler Beaten Over Land Disputes by seanet02: 3:27pm On Oct 17, 2011
Ibo people, no cry foul play o when i,
Re: Traditional Ruler Beaten Over Land Disputes by asoebi(m): 5:36pm On Oct 17, 2011
My people, My people, My people MUST WE BRING TRIBALISM INTO EVERYTHING WE READ OR HEAR HABA Lets act as matured ones for once i repeat just for once.
Re: Traditional Ruler Beaten Over Land Disputes by oderemo(m): 5:55pm On Oct 17, 2011
i am happy this local chief got what he deserved , these are same ppl that allow omonile to monster ppl around.
to make my day he claimed the loss of some millions, what milloins. is there no bank around him anymore or is he running his own microfinance bank?
Re: Traditional Ruler Beaten Over Land Disputes by emmatok(m): 12:16am On Oct 18, 2011
@ South-East

You no dey tire ?

This is your third tread bashing Yoruba in a day.

Abegi face the problem from your People.
Re: Traditional Ruler Beaten Over Land Disputes by ak47mann(m): 1:49am On Oct 18, 2011
oduduwas kwenu cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

what can one say poo had hit the fan tongue tongue
Re: Traditional Ruler Beaten Over Land Disputes by Squeegeez(f): 4:37am On Oct 18, 2011
Barbaric, backward people.

(1) (Reply)

Lagosians Were Once Moved (deported) From Akwa Ibom - PM News / What Comes To Your Mind When You Hear NIGERIA POLICE FORCE. / Please Consider This Before You Vote P.d.p I Mean Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.