Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,934 members, 7,806,706 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:21 PM

Cameroon Pepper! - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cameroon Pepper! (15385 Views)

Too Much Pepper!!! / Is There A Perfect Pepper Blender? / Feeding Lagos With Snake Pepper Soup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cameroon Pepper! by adonisgold: 4:38pm On Oct 16, 2011
Is it really from cameroon? Why is it so harsh? Why dont we ever see the fresh ones and why is it not sold in the west
Re: Cameroon Pepper! by tessybaby(f): 10:32am On Oct 17, 2011
do you have a picture of it?
so i can know which u are talking about.
Re: Cameroon Pepper! by Enoquin(f): 2:46pm On Oct 18, 2011
Some people also call it Ghana Pepper. I use it for my soups and have gotten quite used to it. I used to think the very yellow peppers were the fresh version till someone told me it wasn't. If by the West, you mean Lagos and co, I would gladly tell you that it can be found but mostly amongst the igbo and calabar foodstuff sellers, but if you mean Obodo oyibo, then sorry I can't help.
Re: Cameroon Pepper! by adonisgold: 11:11am On Oct 19, 2011
Tessy baby, I dont have a picture. It is usually dried and ground and looks like em, dried tobbaco. Enoquin, by west I mean Lagos. Really? I have n ever seen it in lagos.
Re: Cameroon Pepper! by Enoquin(f): 9:57am On Nov 03, 2011
adonisgold:

Tessy baby, I dont have a picture. It is usually dried and ground and looks like em, dried tobbaco. Enoquin, by west I mean Lagos. Really? I have n ever seen it in lagos.

Osodi. We stay around Ifako, so if you know the market at Bariga, you'll definitely find it in these two places. you'd have to ask from an igbo or a calabar trader. Point to note are those selling Afang (okazi) or soupd condiments like dried mangala fish, stockfish etc. Those ones usually have it here. Here in Akwa Ibom though, it's almost everywhere you turn in the market and when I served in Abia, there were places that sold it in bulk.
Re: Cameroon Pepper! by tpia5: 12:11am On Nov 04, 2011
Is it penja pepper?

Found that on google.

Seems its grown in the penja valley in cameroon.

I think this thick green vegetable common in the southeast is also grown in cameroon though i'm not sure.
Re: Cameroon Pepper! by lepasharon(f): 8:49pm On Nov 10, 2011
my mum uses dis stuff it stinks up the whole house dont put it in red soup o!!
Re: Cameroon Pepper! by MPEROR: 11:18pm On Nov 12, 2011
I grow the stuff it start out green and turns dark brown when its ripe. It is hot but not the hottest pepper in the world ,the ghost pepper is the hottest in the world i plan to grow it in Nigeria
Re: Cameroon Pepper! by dominique(f): 8:36pm On Nov 16, 2011
is it not the same pepper the ibos call Nsukka pepper? yellow and very hot. i'll like to try it oneday
Re: Cameroon Pepper! by Nobody: 8:32am On Apr 24, 2012
Enoquin:

Osodi. We stay around Ifako, so if you know the market at Bariga, you'll definitely find it in these two places.
...Here in Akwa Ibom though, it's almost everywhere you turn in the market and when I served in Abia, there were places that sold it in bulk.

Hi, Enoquin, used to stay around ifako gbagada too in lagos, but right now into trading foodstuff from east or south south to lagos. I know this post is a bit old but is there a chance you can guide me to where i can get cameroun pepperin bulk in Abia State. My email mr.kontroll@aol.com.. Be glad to hear from you. Thanks.
Re: Cameroon Pepper! by zimoni(f): 3:05pm On Sep 01, 2015
uchmann:

Hi, Enoquin, used to stay around ifako gbagada too in lagos, but right now into trading foodstuff from east or south south to lagos. I know this post is a bit old but is there a chance you can guide me to where i can get cameroun pepperin bulk in Abia State. My email mr.kontroll@aol.com.. Be glad to hear from you. Thanks.

You can get it in bulk at Gembu, Manbilla Plateau Taraba State. They farm the pepper in large quantities there.
Re: Cameroon Pepper! by adebisi96(f): 10:18pm On Sep 02, 2015
MPEROR:
I grow the stuff it start out green and turns dark brown when its ripe. It is hot but not the hottest pepper in the world ,the ghost pepper is the hottest in the world i plan to grow it in Nigeria
ghost pepper?how is it?wts d colour
Re: Cameroon Pepper! by Sleekbaby(f): 2:24pm On Sep 06, 2015
zimoni:

You can get it in bulk at Gembu, Manbilla Plateau Taraba State. They farm the pepper in large quantities there.

Exactly, I served at Gashaka LG, Baruwa to be percised n dey hv it dia too, dey normally get it 4rm Gembu, wen fresh is yellow in colour n I think it originated from Cameroon bcoz dey hv boundary with Gembu. Here In east we call it Nsukka pepper.
Re: Cameroon Pepper! by zimoni(f): 6:58pm On Sep 06, 2015
Sleekbaby:

Exactly, I served at Gashaka LG, Baruwa to be percised n dey hv it dia too, dey normally get it 4rm Gembu, wen fresh is yellow in colour n I think it originated from Cameroon bcoz dey hv boundary with Gembu. Here In east we call it Nsukka pepper.

Yes. A friend from Gembu(the dude is a Mambillan) told me a drum of dried pepper(the iron drums used by Hausa water vendor in those days which they carry on their shoulder with ropes) costs 25,000. There's cool money in farming.

Gembu and entire Mambilla Plateau is endowed with resources which Nigeria is yet to tap into. I'll love to go there before the year ends, I'd like to farm apple and the chili yellow pepper.

God Bless Nigeria.
Re: Cameroon Pepper! by Sleekbaby(f): 8:17pm On Sep 06, 2015
zimoni:

Yes. A friend from Gembu(the dude is a Mambillan) told me a drum of dried pepper(the iron drums used by Hausa water vendor in those days which they carry on their shoulder with ropes) costs 25,000. There's cool money in farming.

Gembu and entire Mambilla Plateau is endowed with resources which Nigeria is yet to tap into. I'll love to go there before the year ends, I'd like to farm apple and the chili yellow pepper.

God Bless Nigeria.

We are blessed dear, anybody dt knows how to run biznez can mk it dt side but the road is sth else.
Re: Cameroon Pepper! by zimoni(f): 9:12pm On Sep 06, 2015
Sleekbaby:

We are blessed dear, anybody dt knows how to run biznez can mk it dt side but the road is sth else.

Yes, I learnt Taraba is blessed. And the road from Jalingo to Sirte is in a deplorable state. God willing, I shall be in Mambilla before the year runs out. I'll come with a Mambillan friend of mine. The dude is from Gembu.

They have mineral resources and fertile land for farming in Taraba State.

Sardauna Local Government at 9,389km2 is bigger than my State(Osun State) at 9,251km2. They have lush green field and fertile land for farming.

Gembu and other towns/villages would have being a perfect tourist centre if Federal Government had invested into tourism there. Sometimes, I ask myself why didn't Gen Danjuma with all the Billions invest heavily in that state?

Most people are farmers. They farm Honey(Oloyin) Beans, Tea, Livestock Farming(learnt the cattles are very big), Corn(learnt their corn is oversize, very big), Banana, Plantain, Pineapple, Kolanut, Red & White Carrots, Irish Potatoes, Berries, Yellow Pepper, Apple, Sweet Potatoes, Coffee Arabica, Cassava, Cocoa Yam etc.

Not to talk of wildlife animals in Gashaka Gumti at Serti(the town before Mambilla Plateau), precious stones, waterfall, crude oil(it was not in commercial quantities thus it was abandoned) and other resources.

Over endow dey worry the state aswear. Yet, there's poverty in the land simply because the resources are not being explored to the fullest.

My state has rich land for farming. Solid minerals like aquamarine, talc, mica, gold(very pure gold), tin, etc yet the state is poor simply because the system is a feeding bottle system where we go to Abuja every month to collect akpalapala. How I wish we could go back to the olden days where every region had autonomy. My state doesn't have any business with poverty with cocoa and solid minerals in abundance. Too badt.

We have a long way to go in this nation. Until we look inward and tap the abundant minerals, we would be romancing poverty. May God help us.

Have a blessed week Ma'am.
Re: Cameroon Pepper! by Sleekbaby(f): 9:32pm On Sep 06, 2015
zimoni:

Yes, I learnt Taraba is blessed. And the road from Jalingo to Sirte is in a deplorable state. God willing, I shall be in Mambilla before the year runs out. I'll come with a Mambillan friend of mine. The dude is from Gembu.

They have mineral resources and fertile land for farming in Taraba State.

Sardauna Local Government at 9,389km2 is bigger than my State(Osun State) at 9,251km2. They have lush green field and fertile land for farming.

Gembu and other towns/villages would have being a perfect tourist centre if Federal Government had invested into tourism there. Sometimes, I ask myself why didn't Gen Danjuma with all the Billions invest heavily in that state?

Most people are farmers. They farm Honey(Oloyin) Beans, Tea, Livestock Farming(learnt the cattles are very big), Corn(learnt their corn is oversize, very big), Banana, Plantain, Pineapple, Kolanut, Red & White Carrots, Irish Potatoes, Berries, Yellow Pepper, Apple, Sweet Potatoes, Coffee Arabica, Cassava, Cocoa Yam etc.

Not to talk of wildlife animals in Gashaka Gumti at Serti(the town before Mambilla Plateau), precious stones, waterfall, crude oil(it was not in commercial quantities thus it was abandoned) and other resources.

Over endow dey worry the state aswear. Yet, there's poverty in the land simply because the resources are not being explored to the fullest.

My state has rich land for farming. Solid minerals like aquamarine, talc, mica, gold(very pure gold), tin, etc yet the state is poor simply because the system is a feeding bottle system where we go to Abuja every month to collect akpalapala. How I wish we could go back to the olden days where every region had autonomy. My state doesn't have any business with poverty with cocoa and solid minerals in abundance. Too badt.

We have a long way to go in this nation. Until we look inward and tap the abundant minerals, we would be romancing poverty. May God help us.

Have a blessed week Ma'am.

Seems dt u know taraba very well, I served in Seriti
Re: Cameroon Pepper! by zimoni(f): 9:42pm On Sep 06, 2015
Sleekbaby:

Seems dt u know taraba very well, I served in Seriti

No, I only read about the state.

Google is still my friend. Lols.

The Coldest towns in Nigeria are Gembu and Bang both on Mambilla Plateau. The temperature hardly exceeds 19C or below. What a Blessed State.

May God open the eyes of our leaders to see that it's not all about oyel.

It is well.
Re: Cameroon Pepper! by Sleekbaby(f): 9:55pm On Sep 06, 2015
zimoni:

No, I only read about the state.

Google is still my friend. Lols.

The Coldest towns in Nigeria are Gembu and Bang both on Mambilla Plateau. The temperature hardly exceeds 19C or below. What a Blessed State.

May God open the eyes of our leaders to see that it's not all about oyel.

It is well.

Wow! I'm impressed, we r blessed, if u go there u will like it.

1 Like

Re: Cameroon Pepper! by tpiar: 5:02pm On Dec 09, 2015
any pictures?
Re: Cameroon Pepper! by Nakairogold(f): 8:45pm On Dec 09, 2015
I don't know if d pepper is from Cameroon, buh it has a nice scent. You can get d grounded ones at shoprite or justrite. I use it to cook almost all my meals.
Re: Cameroon Pepper! by webcool(m): 5:51pm On Apr 02, 2020
Am seriously in need of Black Pepper in large qty for sale?
What grade do you have...need to be enlightened enough about the grades you have.
WhatsApp or call

Lets me know the type you have and pictures
Re: Cameroon Pepper! by nlPoster: 6:59pm On Apr 02, 2020
Open a thread with your request instead of bumping the ones where I responded.

angry

You people have irritated me so much today. angry

(1) (Reply)

Please I Need A List Of Sugar-free Fruit Drinks? / Dont Let That Over Ripe Plantain Waste / Healthy Sweet Potato Porridge: How To Prepare Nigerian Sweet Potato Porridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.