Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,984 members, 7,799,355 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:34 PM

Is Hermain Cain(us Presidential Hopeful) Becoming A Force To Be Reckon With? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Is Hermain Cain(us Presidential Hopeful) Becoming A Force To Be Reckon With? (933 Views)

Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 / Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 / Isreal A Force To Reckon With In The Muslim World: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Hermain Cain(us Presidential Hopeful) Becoming A Force To Be Reckon With? by MrWhy1(m): 6:43pm On Oct 16, 2011
Hermain Cain has a impressive record.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herman_Cain

It seems Obama is going to be a one term president.

Re: Is Hermain Cain(us Presidential Hopeful) Becoming A Force To Be Reckon With? by Nobody: 8:04pm On Oct 16, 2011
His 999 plan cuts taxes on the wealthy and increases taxes on the poor and some middle class. Americans will not tolerate that. He considers himself a man with life experience and not political/not having political ties like other candidates. I hope you caught this in that wikipedia link:

"In 2005 and 2006, Cain worked for the Koch family funded Americans for Prosperity(AFP) alongside Mark Block. Block would later become campaign manager for Cain's 2012 Presidential run and would be joined in Cain's campaign by several other AFP employees."

AFP is ran by two billionaire brothers. They push for right-leaning causes through that group. That's called lobbying. He frequently mentions his career with Godfather's Pizza, but he and/or his campaign folks won't answer any questions when AFP is mentioned, and I bet you his work at AFP is more interesting than him saving a pizza chain, especially considering that he still works with them. I'd like to hear his reason for leaving that part out in his biography on his website: http://www.hermancain.com/about. If it wasn't for AFP, Cain wouldn't be able to make the kind of noise he's making now. He's not a Republican candidate, but an AFP candidate; simply their representative, pushing their agenda at debates.

If he's nominated, he will not defeat President Obama. I am certain.
Re: Is Hermain Cain(us Presidential Hopeful) Becoming A Force To Be Reckon With? by MrWhy1(m): 9:27pm On Oct 16, 2011
@ogugua88
His 999 plan cuts taxes on the wealthy and increases taxes on the poor and some middle class. Americans will not tolerate that. He considers himself a man with life experience and not political/not having political ties like other candidates. I hope you caught this in that wikipedia link:

"In 2005 and 2006, Cain worked for the Koch family funded Americans for Prosperity(AFP) alongside Mark Block. Block would later become campaign manager for Cain's 2012 Presidential run and would be joined in Cain's campaign by several other AFP employees."

AFP is ran by two billionaire brothers. They push for right-leaning causes through that group. That's called lobbying. He frequently mentions his career with Godfather's Pizza, but he and/or his campaign folks won't answer any questions when AFP is mentioned, and I bet you his work at AFP is more interesting than him saving a pizza chain, especially considering that he still works with them. I'd like to hear his reason for leaving that part out in his biography on his website: http://www.hermancain.com/about. If it wasn't for AFP, Cain wouldn't be able to make the kind of noise he's making now. He's not a Republican candidate, but an AFP candidate; simply their representative, pushing their agenda at debates.

You may have legitimate concerns and raised important questions about Mr Cain's track record. However, there is no one contending for a public office that is a saint. They are all prone to some sort of leanings or the other. But he seems to know himself and where he comes from. He is confident and genuine. In fact, he has been engaged in administrative works than Obama when he was vying for the democratic nomination and could be pragmatic in his approach to the economy/Tax issues rather than rely on market forces like Obama is doing.

Obama may appear more modern but he is two faced. He lacks an independent mind. Maybe he is being controlled behind the seen,who knows. His short-sightedness is beyond reason. On the foreign policy front, he goes into a region he practically knows nothing about. He backs a war to prop up oil stocks for his cronies and refuse to come out and strongly condemn the brutal killing been perpetrated on black Libyans and other Africans in Libya by his so called "rebel friends". He threw Mubarak under the bus. Now Egypt is ever more unsafe and volatile than before. Has he come out to passionately empathize with drought stricken women and children in the horn of Africa?

what has he positively done? Except killing Osama and that Yemeni-American fugitive.The ongoing war in Afghanistan he can't win. Even the legendary Alexander the great admittedly called Afghanistan " The grave yard of empires". The unemployment rate in the US remain stagnant; national debt has gone up folds; African Americans have one of the most highest unemployment rates, yet he is busy signing trade deals that will result in more jobs being shipped out. He has shown to be completely out of touch and carried way. Well, his policies are not affecting me domestically , but he ought to stick his feet where they fit and keep away from destabilizing Africa further. Hopefully Americans especially African Americans will be able to think for themselves and do more research this time than to be swayed by emotions and empty rhetoric. Their economic foundations is at stake here.

As Malcolm said "I have more respect for a man who let me know where he stands even if he's wrong, than a man who comes up like an Angel and he is nothing but a , Fill in the gap sista undecided
Re: Is Hermain Cain(us Presidential Hopeful) Becoming A Force To Be Reckon With? by martinosi: 12:12pm On Oct 18, 2011
Mr--Why:

Hermain Cain has a impressive record.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herman_Cain

It seems Obama is going to be a one term president.

HERMAIN CAIN = WALL STREET PUPPET!!!

AFRICAN AMERICANS SHOULD NOT BE RUNNING FOR THE PRESIDENCY!!!

THE COUNTRY IS FALLING APART AND THEY ARE BEING SUCKERED INTO TAKING THE WHEEL!

OBAMA SHOULD NOT WIN A SECOND TERM AND THIS HERMAIN CAIN SHOULD NOT WIN THE REPUBLICAN NOMINATION!!!

"NON-BLACKS" CREATED THE MESS, LET THEM CLEAN IT UP!!!!
Re: Is Hermain Cain(us Presidential Hopeful) Becoming A Force To Be Reckon With? by cap28: 12:48pm On Oct 18, 2011
^^^

thank you bro -

Infact the chances of Herman Cain becoming the next US president are extremely slim, the rednecks in the south have had just about as much as they can bear from a black (or mixed race) president, but as you said blacks should leave the imminent collapse of the US economy in the hands of the people who created it.
Re: Is Hermain Cain(us Presidential Hopeful) Becoming A Force To Be Reckon With? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Oct 18, 2011
Mr--Why:
@ogugua88

You may have legitimate concerns and raised important questions about Mr Cain's track record. However, there is no one contending for a public office that is a saint. They are all prone to some sort of leanings or the other. But he seems to know himself and where he comes from. He is confident and genuine. In fact, he has been engaged in administrative works than Obama when he was vying for the democratic nomination and could be pragmatic in his approach to the economy/Tax issues rather than rely on market forces like Obama is doing.

Obama may appear more modern but he is two faced. He lacks an independent mind. Maybe he is being controlled behind the seen,who knows. His short-sightedness is beyond reason. On the foreign policy front, he goes into a region he practically knows nothing about. He backs a war to prop up oil stocks for his cronies and refuse to come out and strongly condemn the brutal killing been perpetrated on black Libyans and other Africans in Libya by his so called "rebel friends".  He threw Mubarak under the bus. Now Egypt is ever more unsafe and volatile than before.  Has he come out to passionately empathize with drought stricken women and children in the horn of Africa?

what has he positively done? Except killing Osama and that Yemeni-American fugitive.The ongoing war in Afghanistan he can't win. Even the legendary Alexander the great admittedly called Afghanistan " The grave yard of empires". The unemployment rate in the US remain stagnant; national debt has gone up folds; African Americans have one of the most highest unemployment rates, yet he is busy signing trade deals that will result in more jobs being shipped out. He has shown to be completely out of touch and carried way. Well, his policies are not affecting me domestically , but he ought to stick his feet where they fit and keep away from destabilizing Africa further. Hopefully Americans especially African Americans will be able to think for themselves and do more research this time than to be swayed by emotions and empty rhetoric. Their economic foundations is at stake here.

As Malcolm said "I have more respect for a man who let me know where he stands even if he's wrong, than a man who comes up like an Angel and he is nothing but a ,  Fill in the gap sista undecided

I don't want Herman Cain for president because his tax plan will raise taxes or give new taxes to the poor and decrease taxes for the rich and wealthy. Now, is that fair? Lower taxes on the rich does not mean that money will be used to create new jobs. If you had extra cash in hand, you wouldn't give it to someone. You'd probably invest on yourself, which is what quite a few of the wealthy do.

I don't want Herman Cain for president because he is a puppet. Did you watch him on "Meet The Press" over the weekend? I don't even think he knows what that 999 Plan he was given entails. Has he released any numbers besides 9? How much will be saved? How much will be lost? Anything of that nature? None. An economic plan should have numbers, at least more numbers than the number 9. When asked about the plan, he gave an example of bread makers and a delivery man and how their costs go down. The Washington Post and The Wall Street Journal have ridiculed his plan. Until Cain stops generalizing this plan of his and lays out a plan involving more numbers than 9, I'll continue to assume he doesn't know what he's talking about.

I don't want Herman Cain for president because of his character. Yes, his character. When any of us middle or low-class citizens apply for jobs, they judge us by our work employment history (if any) and our character/demeanor. Over the weekend, Cain made a silly remark about electric fences to prevent illegal immigrants from coming to the US to commit crime. Not only was he barking into the microphone, but he made a distortion. Illegal immigrants do not cross the border to kill American citizens; they come for work and to better their lives, mostly. Illegal immigrants are underrepresented in prisons. In fact, a majority of prisoners are whites. If Cain is worried about criminal activity against US citizens, he should be addressing another group.

President Obama is the lesser evil.
Re: Is Hermain Cain(us Presidential Hopeful) Becoming A Force To Be Reckon With? by MrWhy1(m): 9:55pm On Oct 19, 2011
I don't want Herman Cain for president because his tax plan will raise taxes or give new taxes to the poor and decrease taxes for the rich and wealthy. Now, is that fair? Lower taxes on the rich does not mean that money will be used to create new jobs. If you had extra cash in hand, you wouldn't give it to someone. You'd probably invest on yourself, which is what quite a few of the wealthy do.

I don't want Herman Cain for president because he is a puppet. Did you watch him on "Meet The Press" over the weekend? I don't even think he knows what that 999 Plan he was given entails. Has he released any numbers besides 9? How much will be saved? How much will be lost? Anything of that nature? None. An economic plan should have numbers, at least more numbers than the number 9. When asked about the plan, he gave an example of bread makers and a delivery man and how their costs go down. The Washington Post and The Wall Street Journal have ridiculed his plan. Until Cain stops generalizing this plan of his and lays out a plan involving more numbers than 9, I'll continue to assume he doesn't know what he's talking about.

I don't want Herman Cain for president because of his character. Yes, his character. When any of us middle or low-class citizens apply for jobs, they judge us by our work employment history (if any) and our character/demeanor. Over the weekend, Cain made a silly remark about electric fences to prevent illegal immigrants from coming to the US to commit crime. Not only was he barking into the microphone, but he made a distortion. Illegal immigrants do not cross the border to kill American citizens; they come for work and to better their lives, mostly. Illegal immigrants are underrepresented in prisons. In fact, a majority of prisoners are whites. If Cain is worried about criminal activity against US citizens, he should be addressing another group.

President Obama is the lesser evil.

Well , I do not know much about how the American micro economic system works and the tax system. But what I do know is that one of the things that made America the largest economy, is also what is destroying the economy and that is "Extreme capitalism". Have you read Karl Max theory concerning the capitalist class? They don't give a damn about the proletariat(common man), as long as profit increases.

American politicians like to say how "the fundamentals of the economy are strong". They are not telling the truth. The base of the economy has shifted East. It is just a matter of time before people start to feel the strong effect about how bad things have become. In fact, many are beginning to accept reality. The American labor force/ wages cannot compete with the East. Have you asked yourself why American companies/CEO's have shifted their production there? Cheap labor= lots of profits. That is how the super capitalist mind work. He would say that you didn't create the wealth for him/her. Why should you tax them and distribute wealth? You see, America has lost the spirit of humanitarianism that was once part of the culture, when the likes of Carnegie Mellon, John Rockefeller, Leland Standford and many more donated their wealth for the good of the people and country. Many of the best American universities where set up by these selfless men. That is not the case now. So, all this cock and bull talks about tax are mere camouflage. The politicians including Obama are all in the pockets of these Super elite group.

One thing I like about Cain is his genuity. Obama smiles and promises in front of camera but behind the scene, he is a different person altogether. I once supported Obama, but he has ruined his credibility. About immigration issues on Obama's watch, you can check the link below.

http://news.yahoo.com/u-deports-record-number-immigrants-2011-230107407.html

If you think there is something I am mistaking here, maybe you can enlighten me more.
Re: Is Hermain Cain(us Presidential Hopeful) Becoming A Force To Be Reckon With? by MandingoII(m): 1:03am On Oct 20, 2011
HOT AIR.

he's a non mutha, fuggin factor

(1) (Reply)

North Korean Leader Tells Army: 'prepare For War' / BREAKING NEWS: Mayhem At Trump's New Mexico Rally / Saudi Arabia: Prince Turki Saud-al-kabir Executed For Murder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.