Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,738 members, 7,802,238 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:25 AM

Fear Of Baba Ijebu: The Beginning Of Financial Wisdom - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Fear Of Baba Ijebu: The Beginning Of Financial Wisdom (15792 Views)

Financial Wisdom / Financial Wisdom / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fear Of Baba Ijebu: The Beginning Of Financial Wisdom by Nobody: 8:23am On Oct 17, 2011
Hello people, I don come again, just picture this as what happened as in below grin

I was driving in a street when i came back to naija, each time i drive pass this particular street, i always see this particular matured Dude, later know to me as Femi, his dressing tells a lot about him like someone who cant feed himself, with dirty cloths all the time, and he is always in a sad mood.
One day i was drive passing and could not bear the poverty look of femi anymore, so i came down and ask the dude what is the matter with him and why he is always in a sad mood and dirty clothings, he told me he has nobody and hardly sees money to feed himself due to no job, out of pettiness, i gave him 20,000 naira, he was so happy that he nearly fling me to the blue sky.

Two days later, when i was drive passing that same spot, i saw femi at same spot as in b4, i was surprised, and i came down from my vehicle again, and ask him what he is doing there with dirty clothing, he told me the money i gave to him have finished, woo, i was shocked, i ask him how come, he just could not explain to me, then i gave him another 20k, and told him to spend it wisely this time around.

, To be continued
Re: Fear Of Baba Ijebu: The Beginning Of Financial Wisdom by Nobody: 8:52am On Oct 17, 2011
Here we continue again grin

Four days passed, i was driving again in the same street, behold, femi again at same spot, now this is getting annoying to me, i decided not to go to him straight and  ask someone i saw around where i do see him all the time if he knows anything about femi, here is what i learnt.

I Iearnt that femi is a bus conductor, who is hoping to buy his own bus in the near future and becomes his own boss, but the problem with him, there is a shop know as Baba Ijabu, just like 20 feet away from where femi is always setting, i got to know that femi is everyday visitor of that Baba Ijabu shop all the time, when ever he comes back from his conducting work, he uses all the money he earned for the day to play that Baba-Ijabu hoping to hit thousands or millions when the results is out, but instead, it is always the other way round and leaving him broke all the time, and little to feed himself

To tell u how bad this have taken over Femi, the last time i helped femi for the third time, and try to talk him out from playing that baba ijabu again, reverse was now the case and replies femi gave to me, could u believe that he tried to talk into and convince me to play the Baba Ijabu too  shocked , telling me how i will hit millions of naira if i use like 500, 000 naira to play it, Lord have mercy, it is time for me to run and never come back,this is now the case of the hunter now is being hunted  grin

So in summary of all, Femi can never buy His own Bus and  becomes his own Boss, untill he realises that The Fear of Baba Ijabu is the Beginning of Financial Wisdom, then he can save much more and be able to buy his own Bus.  cool
Re: Fear Of Baba Ijebu: The Beginning Of Financial Wisdom by tomm2580(m): 9:19am On Oct 17, 2011
undecided hisses.
Re: Fear Of Baba Ijebu: The Beginning Of Financial Wisdom by Nobody: 9:24am On Oct 17, 2011
^^ I take it u are one of the victims of Baba-Ijabu undecided
Re: Fear Of Baba Ijebu: The Beginning Of Financial Wisdom by tomm2580(m): 10:09am On Oct 17, 2011
bros, no be quarel! u for write this thing wit pidgin, that way e go flow well as e be say you no sabi write simple oyinbo. me i know say no be everybody go beta skl. chairman, you dey fall your hand.
Re: Fear Of Baba Ijebu: The Beginning Of Financial Wisdom by tomm2580(m): 10:14am On Oct 17, 2011
bros, no be quarel! u for write this thing wit pidgin, that way e go flow well as e be say you no sabi write simple oyinbo. me i know say no be everybody go beta skl. chairman, you dey fall your hand.
Re: Fear Of Baba Ijebu: The Beginning Of Financial Wisdom by Nobody: 10:17am On Oct 17, 2011
^^Sorry to fall your hand, na machine i take dey write, i no get time to type http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speech_recognition , so take it as it comes, cos i dont have time to edit   grin
Re: Fear Of Baba Ijebu: The Beginning Of Financial Wisdom by stagger: 10:26am On Oct 17, 2011
True word Odiaero!

Years back, when I was a student, there was this woman always begging money in the park. I mean for four years I used tha park whenever I am going back to, or coming home from school, she is always there telling the story of how her children and husband are dead, she has no one, blah blah blah.

One day, one guy who travelled with us who was obviously a wealthy dude, called her and asked her what amount of money she needed to open a business. She told him (big money o), and the guy opened his briefcase and gave her the money cash!

Needless to say there was pandemonium in the park that day as everyone came to know who the "angel" was.

Some days later, same dude travelled the same park just as I did, and here was this woman again; came to meet the man to beg for money (apparently she did not remember who he was). The rest as they say, is history.

Some people just cannot be saved from themselves.

1 Like

Re: Fear Of Baba Ijebu: The Beginning Of Financial Wisdom by doctokwus: 10:33am On Oct 17, 2011
@stagger,true tale
@odiaero,a contorted imagination of a victim of baba ijebu antics
Re: Fear Of Baba Ijebu: The Beginning Of Financial Wisdom by femmy2010(m): 11:33am On Oct 17, 2011
Op you are right.
This baba Ijebu has ruined many but the problem is they refuse to accept this assertion.
May God open their eyes sha.
Re: Fear Of Baba Ijebu: The Beginning Of Financial Wisdom by Nobody: 11:36am On Oct 17, 2011
What is baba ijabu ?
Re: Fear Of Baba Ijebu: The Beginning Of Financial Wisdom by Nobody: 11:39am On Oct 17, 2011
Poverty is a thing of the mind, If you believe that you are poor, and you can never make great success i can assure you that you won't. Lack of opportunity is not an excuse. There are so many business people can start with out there that requires little or no capital. But the poverty oriented mind would rather DIE!!! Than think. If 5million is distributed equally among just 20 people, 15 would still come back begging from others in 2yrs time about the way they squandered their money, Some would blame their failure to 1 thing or the other, A dead mind is a dead pocket!!!
Re: Fear Of Baba Ijebu: The Beginning Of Financial Wisdom by shadrach77: 11:41am On Oct 17, 2011
betting is one of the devices through which the devil ruins people's lives - it's a horrible thing - people like the cundoctor guy needs spiritual deliverance undecided lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Fear Of Baba Ijebu: The Beginning Of Financial Wisdom by Timsilver(m): 11:45am On Oct 17, 2011
~Bluetooth:

What is baba ijabu ?
it is a form of lottery in which you predict 5 numbers out of 1-99. If you get 2 numbers you win. The more numbers you get the more money you win.
Re: Fear Of Baba Ijebu: The Beginning Of Financial Wisdom by DAY12(m): 11:55am On Oct 17, 2011
I played *babe ijebu* for almost 4yrs undecided

Guess how much I won sad

1 Like

Re: Fear Of Baba Ijebu: The Beginning Of Financial Wisdom by Bestglo(f): 12:02pm On Oct 17, 2011
Do they also use juju to ensure people dont win? i guess nobody plays and does well with baba ijebu
Re: Fear Of Baba Ijebu: The Beginning Of Financial Wisdom by Bestglo(f): 12:04pm On Oct 17, 2011
Day11, how much were u able to win for 4 years grin
Re: Fear Of Baba Ijebu: The Beginning Of Financial Wisdom by JAkpayen(m): 12:04pm On Oct 17, 2011
Odiaero, you are MIA here: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-743770.2080.html

No matter what or how you convince them it's already ingrained in their blood to the extent that even old people play 'baba ijebu'
Re: Fear Of Baba Ijebu: The Beginning Of Financial Wisdom by Nobody: 12:07pm On Oct 17, 2011
i play baba ijebu and iv been thrice lucky hitting a total of 43k in all my winnings and have spent less than 2k in stakes.
its a game of luck and as they say,"E fit be you ooo"
Re: Fear Of Baba Ijebu: The Beginning Of Financial Wisdom by ImaIma1(f): 12:22pm On Oct 17, 2011
dear poster i think u should watch your spending. u gave him 20k twice?there r people that genuinely need dt money for school fees, medicals and all.but u gave a loafer(from ur discription) 20k? 20 as in 20.wow!
am broke could u give me 10k? wink
Re: Fear Of Baba Ijebu: The Beginning Of Financial Wisdom by badesco(m): 12:42pm On Oct 17, 2011
@odiaero . i do not belief this story at all and i see this as a kind of show off. even if you give anybody anything must you come and tell us here.so cut this out now.
Re: Fear Of Baba Ijebu: The Beginning Of Financial Wisdom by tomm2580(m): 1:00pm On Oct 17, 2011
true baba ijebu is bad. but wetin dey vex me b say d op dey lie say e give d guy 20k 3 times!!. op u don start again abi
Re: Fear Of Baba Ijebu: The Beginning Of Financial Wisdom by Nobody: 1:02pm On Oct 17, 2011
Timsilver:

it is a form of lottery in which you predict 5 numbers out of 1-99. If you get 2 numbers you win. The more numbers you get the more money you win.
Sounds like gambling right ? Anyways thanks.
Re: Fear Of Baba Ijebu: The Beginning Of Financial Wisdom by Librate(m): 1:10pm On Oct 17, 2011
crymsssssstcctcccchhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Re: Fear Of Baba Ijebu: The Beginning Of Financial Wisdom by stagger: 1:10pm On Oct 17, 2011
badesco:

@odiaero . i do not belief this story at all and i see this as a  kind of show off. even if you give anybody anything must you come and tell us here.so cut this out now.

Why don't you focus on what the OP is trying to point out, which is how people fail to utilize opportunities and choose to play the lottery. I saw as tory on Al-Jazeera on how a woman who sells charcoal uses all her earnings to play the lottery. In Haiti since the earthquake, over 90% of the population has resorted to playing the lottery to get money to leave the make-shift camps they have been occupying since the earthquakes.

This is what the OP is pointing out. If you are envious that he can give out 20k, then you give out 50k yourself and stop the hate!
Re: Fear Of Baba Ijebu: The Beginning Of Financial Wisdom by Nobody: 1:13pm On Oct 17, 2011
^^ Abeg help me tell them, instead of them to focus on the message am sending, they are focusing on another thing
Re: Fear Of Baba Ijebu: The Beginning Of Financial Wisdom by Basildon1(m): 1:13pm On Oct 17, 2011
tomm2580:

true baba ijebu is bad. but wetin dey vex me b say d op dey lie say e give d guy 20k 3 times!!. op u don start again abi
Na so we see am!!
Re: Fear Of Baba Ijebu: The Beginning Of Financial Wisdom by tomm2580(m): 1:20pm On Oct 17, 2011
e b like say na d op dey feed u, dat is y u dey always say, yes sir! to every tin e says. abeg try dey use ur own sense
Re: Fear Of Baba Ijebu: The Beginning Of Financial Wisdom by mithel(m): 1:33pm On Oct 17, 2011
ODIERO!!! MY GUY,U SEE SAD GUY 4 ROAD,DASH AM 20K TWICE,I HAIL OOO.

Oya,me sef broke gan an,just 15k would be enough,i promise say i no go use am play baba ijebu. :-P
Re: Fear Of Baba Ijebu: The Beginning Of Financial Wisdom by slap1(m): 1:40pm On Oct 17, 2011
Whether Odia gave the dude money, or he was using parables, the bottomline is: Do not play Baba Ijabu. End of!
Re: Fear Of Baba Ijebu: The Beginning Of Financial Wisdom by sley4life(m): 1:47pm On Oct 17, 2011
@OP, na so u de share 20k like father xmas. Me self go wear tarted cloth wait 4 u 2 collect share of the national loot. lol. Baba ijebu has rily wrecked people. I have played it some time and won 5k. But i didnt collect the dough. I played it then 4 fun not to enrich myself to see how good I am in guessing
Re: Fear Of Baba Ijebu: The Beginning Of Financial Wisdom by mikron(m): 2:27pm On Oct 17, 2011
@OP to say im confused by this ur jagons is an understatement. Just what are u trying to tell us? What is ur point? Because femi kept playing pool with his money? Dat one na news? We have thousands of femi's in nigeria and beyond who does that (pool betting) so what the heck?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

What's Your Response/reaction To A Coffin-seller Who Complains About Sales-drop? / 10 Life Hacks On How To Save & Manage Money In Nigeria / CBN Unveils 36 Items Approves For Forex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.