Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,196 members, 7,807,670 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:09 PM

How To Get A Company Tax Clearance Certificate In Nigeria - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Get A Company Tax Clearance Certificate In Nigeria (57207 Views)

Filling Company Tax Return And Company Financial Audit / Tax Clearance Certificate And DPR License! / Usefulness Of Tax Clearance Certificate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Get A Company Tax Clearance Certificate In Nigeria by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:43pm On Dec 20, 2011
@udokpuenyi thanks for the useful info - BTW are you the same guy who deals with car parts?
Re: How To Get A Company Tax Clearance Certificate In Nigeria by udokpuenyi(m): 2:39pm On Dec 20, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

@udokpuenyi thanks for the useful info - BTW are you the same guy who deals with car parts?

Yes, My private stake is in auto business (sparepart and auto conversion services) , that is the industry i was born into.

Corporate wise, a  software development  consultant and wide range business fellow ( since you asked).

I put on nice suite, speak and write big grammar like Hon Patrick from Edo state , at the same time I slip under people vehicles to find why their sump cover should be leaking oil. ( no jokes)

4 Likes

Re: How To Get A Company Tax Clearance Certificate In Nigeria by mrinfo(m): 3:39pm On Dec 20, 2011
@ sley4life you can get in touch with us thru info[a]nairabrains.com. We'll get you to a CAC insider who can help you get your NGO registration done in a matter of weeks.

1 Like

Re: How To Get A Company Tax Clearance Certificate In Nigeria by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:34pm On Dec 20, 2011
udokpuenyi:

Yes, My private stake is in auto business (sparepart and auto conversion services) , that is the industry i was born into.

Corporate wise, a  software development  consultant and wide range business fellow ( since you asked).

I put on nice suite, speak and write big grammar like Hon Patrick from Edo state , at the same time I slip under people vehicles to find why their sump cover should be leaking oil. ( no jokes)

Great way to gain Competitive Advantage - not bad at all - hit me an email on bisola_4@yahoo.com I need parts for a Mitsubishi Outlander 2007/2009
Re: How To Get A Company Tax Clearance Certificate In Nigeria by ALNUTOINC: 6:19pm On Feb 14, 2012
Is there any thing as Late registration fine for Tax Clearance Certificate, and how much does it cost
Re: How To Get A Company Tax Clearance Certificate In Nigeria by labiola: 4:00pm On Feb 17, 2012
The president GEJ has signed into law in june 2011 the Personal income tax act amended (PITAM), the effective date is june 2011 though the new amendement came into known in December 2011, the new PITA has a tax reduction for low earner income.
For any info on tax issues talk to labiola@yahoo.com.

1 Like

Re: How To Get A Company Tax Clearance Certificate In Nigeria by labiola: 4:14pm On Feb 17, 2012
@Alnuto INC, the question you ask is not clear but let me try and answer your question the way i understand it.
When you incorpoarted your company with CAC,  you are to register with FIRS for TIN ( Tax Identification number) within 6months after your company has been incorporated. Failure to do so attract penalty of N5,000 for each month you refused to register.  For more information talk to labiola@yahoo.com
Re: How To Get A Company Tax Clearance Certificate In Nigeria by Pukkah: 3:19pm On Mar 08, 2012
JIC Ltd:

Mobile Money Service is the next Hot Business for any Entrepreneur/Business Minded Person in Nigeria

CBN has introduced a cashless Society Policy & it's taking full effect in Nigeria from 1st of June 2012[b],it has started in Lagos already.[/b]

Effectively, the policy starts in Lagos on March 30, 2012.
Re: How To Get A Company Tax Clearance Certificate In Nigeria by babybird82(f): 9:09pm On Mar 25, 2012
Hello good people of nairaland. Please we registered a business name in June 2011. My husband and I are partners. We are yet to open an account and the shop is still under construction. We intend to sell children's outfits bought from UK in one section and all types of drinks in the other section. Hopefully, business will be in full gear by May/June 2012.

My question is this. How do we go about getting the TIN and the TCC? We intend to use the business account later in the future to apply for Visa's and we don't want to have any issues in terms of tax.

Thanks for ur anticipated response.
Re: How To Get A Company Tax Clearance Certificate In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:37pm On May 11, 2012
babybird82: Hello good people of nairaland. Please we registered a business name in June 2011. My husband and I are partners. We are yet to open an account and the shop is still under construction. We intend to sell children's outfits bought from UK in one section and all types of drinks in the other section. Hopefully, business will be in full gear by May/June 2012.

My question is this. How do we go about getting the TIN and the TCC? We intend to use the business account later in the future to apply for Visa's and we don't want to have any issues in terms of tax.

Thanks for ur anticipated response.
Re: How To Get A Company Tax Clearance Certificate In Nigeria by postemail: 10:46pm On May 12, 2012
For business visa application, FIRC or LIRC tax clearance certificate?
Re: How To Get A Company Tax Clearance Certificate In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:25am On Jun 22, 2012
Hello please, got your addy from nairaland. I just registered a company in March and opened an account a month later but there hasnt been any business transaction since then. However, i anticipate a business deal very soon and i need to get a tax clearance, i have gotten my TIN number but not yet a tax clearance. Please is it ok for me to just walk into my FIRS office for this or what would the procedure be like? Warm regards
Re: How To Get A Company Tax Clearance Certificate In Nigeria by dayoakeem: 4:01pm On Sep 13, 2012
for info on any tax matters send your requests to akeemdayo@yahoo.com or call 08086046995

1 Like

Re: How To Get A Company Tax Clearance Certificate In Nigeria by oneblacboi: 11:05pm On Sep 20, 2012
Shelze Consulting is a firm of chartered accountants, tax practitioners and management consultants. We have the requisite know-how to handle any tax issue complex of simple. From registration with tax authorities to contesting assessments raised by tax authorities against you.

Contact us:
0817-014-4053
[email]info@shelze.com.ng[/email]
www.shelze.com.ng

1 Like

Re: How To Get A Company Tax Clearance Certificate In Nigeria by lfruia: 5:15pm On Jan 05, 2013
Ok I have a question. I have a friend who is self employed and was working in Lagos. The IRS there and mf is telling him he needs 500.00 to get a tax clearance and money laundering certificate in order to receive his pay. Is this true?. He is very concerned.
Re: How To Get A Company Tax Clearance Certificate In Nigeria by labiola: 5:10pm On Jan 22, 2013
@Ifrui. Were you the one that sent me a private mail? if yes, how far with your friends claim? please let me know.
Re: How To Get A Company Tax Clearance Certificate In Nigeria by labiola: 5:15pm On Jan 22, 2013
Hi guys, have been receiving quite a few private mails on tax issues lately, it is time we start talking about tax related issues. please if you have any question please free feel to ask, i will be available to answer your questions and also on any accounting related issues let discuss it together.
Re: How To Get A Company Tax Clearance Certificate In Nigeria by teexzle: 12:50pm On Mar 13, 2013
thank you very much for this insight, can i call you please u can inbox ur number @tinuoshinubi@gmail.com, i have a question aus, pleas i have a company that has initially collected a tcc but its still yet to commence business, what are the procedures for getting the current year tcc..thanks,

udokpuenyi: Let me state this fact clearly.

Please do not hand your tax tax computation into the hands of the revenue office worker else you will regret doing so, I am saying this without exclusion to any , because they will run you down and ruin your firm. Anybody suggesting that you just walk into any revenue office and do this or that is note giving the right advice at least as far as Nigeria tax board offices are concerned. Let the person do so and then have the experience

There are a whole lot thing involved during initial tax filling and registration and you have to get it right right from the onset else you continue paying how you started it.

Get a consultant to manage you tax affair and you will be shielded from the extortionist tendencies of the taxman; and if you cannot afford to get a tax consulting firm; look for a friend , a relation or any body who works in a tax firm and consult with him on individual level. Proper advice before you start all your tax filling is indispensible and all effort must be made to get right.
Tax issue are serious, it can ruin one business if not properly handled. I work in tax consulting firm and I know what I am saying

Below is the list of documents needed for registration as a tax payer

1.Registered address
2.Business address
3.Nature of business
4.Date of incoporation

5.Date of commencement
6. Proposed name and address f banker
7. Proposed name and address of auditor
8. Name and address of directors
9. Proposed accounting date of the company
10. statement of affairs

In addition to above , you need
a.Memo and article of association
b.certificate of incorporation

Also know about the new Personal Income Tax Regime

before
First N30,000 taxed at 5%
Next N30,000 taxed at 10%
Next N50,000 taxed at 15%
Next N50 000 taxed at 20%
Above N160 000 taxed at 25%

Now:

First N300,000 taxed at 7%
Next N300,000 taxed at 11%
Next N500,000 taxed at 15%
Next N500,000 taxed at 19%
Next NI, 600,000 taxed at 21%
Above N3, 200,000 taxed at 24%

ireogwu@ijewere.com

1 Like

Re: How To Get A Company Tax Clearance Certificate In Nigeria by LOUDmedia(m): 7:10am On Apr 10, 2013
Topdogs85: A TIN can only be issued by the FIRS and not the CAC. the business registration number issued by the CAC is different from the TIN. You can walk into the FIRS office closer to the registered address for the generation of your TIN. However this should be done not later than 6 months from incorporation or commencement of business which ever is earlier. You will then be required to file monthly VAT returns even without any trading. Failure to do so would lead to the imposition of penalties and interest thereon. For a TCC, its issuance is free if all conditions are satisfied. For a company yet to commence business, one of the conditions is the payment of a pre-operational levy of 25K for the first year and 20k in subsequent years.

Please note that the above payment only applies to registered companies. Registered business names (individuals, partnerships) do not need to obtain TCC from the FIRS but the state board of internal revenue where they are located. For more information you can contact me on topdogs85@yahoo.com

Thanks for the info. Good one.

Tried sending you a mail via "topdogs85@yahoo.com", but returned undelivered.

Please, provide a valid email. Need to have a chat with you.
Re: How To Get A Company Tax Clearance Certificate In Nigeria by LOUDmedia(m): 7:10am On Apr 10, 2013
Topdogs85: A TIN can only be issued by the FIRS and not the CAC. the business registration number issued by the CAC is different from the TIN. You can walk into the FIRS office closer to the registered address for the generation of your TIN. However this should be done not later than 6 months from incorporation or commencement of business which ever is earlier. You will then be required to file monthly VAT returns even without any trading. Failure to do so would lead to the imposition of penalties and interest thereon. For a TCC, its issuance is free if all conditions are satisfied. For a company yet to commence business, one of the conditions is the payment of a pre-operational levy of 25K for the first year and 20k in subsequent years.

Please note that the above payment only applies to registered companies. Registered business names (individuals, partnerships) do not need to obtain TCC from the FIRS but the state board of internal revenue where they are located. For more information you can contact me on topdogs85@yahoo.com

Re: How To Get A Company Tax Clearance Certificate In Nigeria by oneblacboi: 3:53pm On Apr 10, 2013
You can contact a firm of competent tax advisers by sending an email to info@shelze.com.ng

Shelze Consulting
www.shelze.com.ng

LOUDmedia:

Re: How To Get A Company Tax Clearance Certificate In Nigeria by disc20: 5:54am On Aug 10, 2013
The procedure is easy, read the step-by-step guide @ www.fertilenigeria..com. Helping you do the right thing @ the right time in an easy way
Re: How To Get A Company Tax Clearance Certificate In Nigeria by disc20: 11:46am On Aug 12, 2013
For current procedures on how to register your business in Nigerian, read the step-by-step guide here http://fertilenigeria..com/2013/08/how-to-get-tax-clearance-certificate.html
Re: How To Get A Company Tax Clearance Certificate In Nigeria by LaudateII: 12:42pm On Aug 12, 2013
wesley80:
The guy was actually being lenient by asking for just 200k! You have to realize the number of laws you've broken to appreciate the amount you're bein charged. You failure to register for VAT alone and file monthly returns for the period would have racked up more than that amount not to speak of your non rendering of Áccount for the period. There's always a chance you might meet someone lenient but the law has u on this one and u're at their mercy. BTW, are you sure what u've got is a TIN no? They NEVER come with the CAC documents but have to be applied for separately at your DOMICILED tax office.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I got the impression that the =N=200k was a bribe being requested by the Head honcho? Aren't there laws against corruption?
Re: How To Get A Company Tax Clearance Certificate In Nigeria by wesley80(m): 12:28pm On Aug 18, 2013
Sometimes
Laudate II:

Correct me if I am wrong, but I got the impression that the =N=200k was a bribe being requested by the Head honcho? Aren't there laws against corruption?
I'm not sure if it was requested as a bribe or a penalty. Sometimes arbitrary penalties are levied at the discretion of the tax inspector. However, if it was meant as a bribe, it of course is illegal but you're as likely to meet an incorruptible tax examiner sitting on a desk as you're likely to meet an incorruptible police officer manning a road block. The odds are very even!

1 Like

Re: How To Get A Company Tax Clearance Certificate In Nigeria by wesley80(m): 12:30pm On Aug 18, 2013
Laudate II:

Re: How To Get A Company Tax Clearance Certificate In Nigeria by wesley80(m): 12:32pm On Aug 18, 2013
Sometimes
Laudate II:

I'm not sure if it was requested as a bribe or a penalty. Sometimes arbitrary penalties are levied at the discretion of the tax inspector. However, if it was meant as a bribe, it of course is illegal but you're as likely to meet an incorruptible tax examiner sitting on a desk as you're likely to meet an incorruptible police officer manning a road block. The odds are very even!
Re: How To Get A Company Tax Clearance Certificate In Nigeria by Mcleo007(m): 11:40am On Jul 16, 2014
Nice to find this thread this here. I want to process my Tax Identification Number (TIN) and would need some guidance. I understand it is free for newly certified businesses or businesses registered even over a long time, but have yet to commence operation. I have 3 business incorporations that fall within this bracket. I will appreciate whatever guidance i can get here. My location is Ojota, Lagos.

Thanks.
Re: How To Get A Company Tax Clearance Certificate In Nigeria by labiola: 4:38pm On Aug 25, 2014
@Mcle007.

All you need to do is to approach the FIRS Tax office that is closer to your registered address, you will be given a form to fill and all require information, getting a TIN is free of charge, you can also apply for a Nil tax clearance within six month of your incorporation. if you need any further clarification, you can contact me on labiola@yahoo.com

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rice Seller's N400,000 Turns To Paper In Ogwashi-Ukwu, Delta State (Video) / "No More International Transactions!" Did You Receive This? / Ooni Of Ife And Aliko Dangote On A Tour Of Dangote Refinery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.