Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,934 members, 7,806,708 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:26 PM

Fashola Will Make A Better President Than Gej - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Will Make A Better President Than Gej (7264 Views)

Fashola Will One Day Be The President Of Nigeria - Actor Kunle Afolayan / Fashola Will Need A Doctor, A Massager, And Prayer Warriors’ - Reuben Abati / Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola Will Make A Better President Than Gej by Orikinla(m): 1:02pm On Oct 17, 2011
Let us be honest to God.
I have been following the progress of Governor Babatunde Raji Fashola, SAN, and President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, PhD, since he was deputy and later governor of Bayelsa state, Vice President and now President of Nigeria and using their progress reports to assess them, I can say that Mr. Fahola will make a better President of Nigeria than Mr. Jonathan.

Presently, Lagos is the largest state in Nigeria in population and Governor Babatunde Raji Fashola has been able to address most of the challenges of governance in education, security, health, social welfare, transportation, etc. But President Goodluck Jonathan seems confused.

Re: Fashola Will Make A Better President Than Gej by blacksta(m): 1:05pm On Oct 17, 2011
No doubt

Lets put sentiments aside - One makes promises every day the other commissions project every day . Do you need God to tell you the better one. grin

Over to you beaf - Please post a post a Picture of GEJ commissioning something for the sake of God tongue
Re: Fashola Will Make A Better President Than Gej by Beaf: 1:07pm On Oct 17, 2011
^
There are enough such pics if you 'll bother to look.
Unfortunately, Fashola (good as he is) will NEVER become President of Nigeria because he has remained a coward, too scared to kick Tinubu, the frog-eyed thief into the long grass.
Re: Fashola Will Make A Better President Than Gej by igbo2011(m): 1:11pm On Oct 17, 2011
Once he become president, he will be in a bigger stage. The international people will try to corrupt him and destroy him. Look up Salvador Allende and Thomas Sankara. Also look up John Stockwell and John Perkins they used to work for the US gov.

He would have to stand up like Mugabe, Nkruhmah and Gaddaffi.
Re: Fashola Will Make A Better President Than Gej by Orikinla(m): 1:13pm On Oct 17, 2011
Beaf:

^
Unfortunately, Fashola (good as he is) will NEVER become President of Nigeria because he has remained a coward, too scared to kick Tinubu, the frog-eyed thief into the long grass.

Sometimes, you come across as an intelligent person, but the reply is DUMB.

Who says Babatunde Raji Fashola can never be the President of Nigeria?
Re: Fashola Will Make A Better President Than Gej by Demdem(m): 1:19pm On Oct 17, 2011
Thats a fact. He will definitely be better than the Retardeen.

Beaf:

^

I agree, below is among the frauds he commisioned;

www.youwin.org.ng
Re: Fashola Will Make A Better President Than Gej by Beaf: 1:25pm On Oct 17, 2011
Orikinla:

Sometimes, you come across as an intelligent person, but the reply is DUMB.

Who says Babatunde Raji Fashola can never be the President of Nigeria?

I see you are allowing sentiment overtake you. Except he becomes man enough to escape Tinubu's ugly embrace, he will NEVER become President. Do you remember his very own words during the election period when pressure was put on him to run? He said he had several uncompleted projects that would be used to get him; he has four years to throw off Tinubu and cover up the tracks from his uncompleted projects. Four years is a short time and he is yet to start.

The immeasurably corrupt Tinubu is Fashola's umbilical cord and he himself has presidential ambitions (God forbid). So why fool yourself that Fashola would ever run for President? The man is simply going to become a local champ after his tenure has ended, maybe as a senator (or something similar) to remain relevant.
Re: Fashola Will Make A Better President Than Gej by Demdem(m): 1:30pm On Oct 17, 2011
see me see trouble oooo.

The same way The Retardeen was man enough to wrestle from his Father the Bomber's embrace (IBB). what about from Anenih and OBJ's embrace? etc. the latter recently wrote him some instructions that was leaked to the press remember. The Retardeen obviously has more baggage than Fashola yet he became president
Your logic is faulty. say another abegiiii
Re: Fashola Will Make A Better President Than Gej by Akanbiedu(m): 1:34pm On Oct 17, 2011
This comparison is needless.
Re: Fashola Will Make A Better President Than Gej by Kx: 1:37pm On Oct 17, 2011
This is just like comparing the speed of
"tortoise car" and that of "aeroplane".
No basis whatsoever to compare performance with no performance at all
Re: Fashola Will Make A Better President Than Gej by Orikinla(m): 1:40pm On Oct 17, 2011
Beaf:

I see you are allowing sentiment overtake you. Except he becomes man enough to escape Tinubu's ugly embrace, he will NEVER become President. Do you remember his very own words during the election period when pressure was put on him to run? He said he had several uncompleted projects that would be used to get him; he has four years to throw off Tinubu and cover up the tracks from his uncompleted projects. Four years is a short time and he is yet to start.

The immeasurably corrupt Tinubu is Fashola's umbilical cord and he himself has presidential ambitions (God forbid). So why fool yourself that Fashola would ever run for President? The man is simply going to become a local champ after his tenure has ended, maybe as a senator (or something similar) to remain relevant.

I know Oloye Tinubu more than Fashola since the days of June 12 crisis and was his guest before I left Lagos. Until he is convicted of corruption, I cannot accuse him of any corrupt practices since I don't have any evidence. If you have the evidence, you can e-mail it to me if you are really honest and serious.

Personally, I feel sorry for Jonathan, because he is more at the mercy of his godfathers than Fashola. If Oloye Tinubu is as you said the problem of Fashola, than what of Jonathan and his corrupt godfathers in the PDP?
Re: Fashola Will Make A Better President Than Gej by Nobody: 1:42pm On Oct 17, 2011
how come nigerians dont like to admit d truth??
Re: Fashola Will Make A Better President Than Gej by Beaf: 1:51pm On Oct 17, 2011
Orikinla:

I know Oloye Tinubu more than Fashola since the days of June 12 crisis and was his guest before I left Lagos. Until he is convicted of corruption, I cannot accuse him of any corrupt practices since I don't have any evidence. If you have the evidence, you can e-mail it to me if you are really honest and serious.

Personally, I feel sorry for Jonathan, because he is more at the mercy of his godfathers than Fashola. If Oloye Tinubu is as you said the problem of Fashola, than what of Jonathan and his corrupt godfathers in the PDP?

I am sure your weak excuse of waiting for Tinubu to be convicted applies equally to those you call "corrupt godfathers in the PDP?" It is strange the way you have contradicted yourself so completely.
The drug running Tinubu is as corrupt as the likes of IBB and Atiku; just as the bulk of the top men in his party are ex-PDP. Any claims of relative sainthood are mangy and bloody hypocritical.
Re: Fashola Will Make A Better President Than Gej by Orikinla(m): 1:55pm On Oct 17, 2011
The awesome challenges of governance in Lagos State have made me to appreciate the administration of Fashola whom I have never met in person and did not try to approach him whenever he visited an uncle whose palace is just a block away from my office. I am rating him according to the facts from going round the state since 2008 to date. He has achieved more than the past governors since 1970 to date. My parents worked for the Lagos State government for decades and I was with them and knew what were the challenges in the 1970s, 80s and 90s and can say that they would be impressed to see the remarkable achievements of the present governor.
Re: Fashola Will Make A Better President Than Gej by Orikinla(m): 2:00pm On Oct 17, 2011
Beaf:

I am sure your weak excuse of waiting for Tinubu to be convicted applies equally to those you call "corrupt godfathers in the PDP?" It is strange the way you have contradicted yourself so completely.
The drug running Tinubu is as corrupt as the likes of IBB and Atiku; just as the bulk of the top men in his party are ex-PDP. Any claims of relative sainthood are mangy and bloody hypocritical.

Beaf,
Please, read my first post.
I did not start with pointing accusing fingers at any corrupt political godfather. You did. And I only reminded you of that of your Saint Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan.
Re: Fashola Will Make A Better President Than Gej by Beaf: 2:15pm On Oct 17, 2011
Orikinla:

Beaf,
I did not start with pointing accusing fingers at any corrupt political godfather. You did. And I only reminded you of that of your Saint Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan.

You are dodging the issue you raised. You claimed that Tinubu is a saint while in the very same breath talking about "corrupt godfathers in the PDP." Don't you think it is hypocritical to demand proof that Tinubu is corrupt while tarring others in the same breath?
My brother, all parties are corrupt and in many ways ACN is much more corrupt than PDP, so lets not make vain attempts to resurrect the sugar coated nonsense that has died a natural death since the last elections.

For emphasis, Tinubu is corrupt and is surrounded by corrupt men. Even Fashola himself is corrupt, its just that in his case we are willing to overlook one or two things (at least, for now), because the man has done quite well. The same goes to Amaechi, Chime and Lamido Sanusi of Jigawa.
Re: Fashola Will Make A Better President Than Gej by Demdem(m): 2:21pm On Oct 17, 2011
Beaf:

all parties are corrupt . Yes we agree

and in many ways ACN is much more corrupt than PDP See MADNESS on Display !!!!
Re: Fashola Will Make A Better President Than Gej by danjohn: 2:28pm On Oct 17, 2011
Orikinla:

Let us be honest to God.
I have been following the progress of Governor Babatunde Raji Fashola, SAN, and President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, PhD, since he was deputy and later governor of Bayelsa state, Vice President and now President of Nigeria and using their progress reports to assess them, I can say that Mr. Fahola will make a better President of Nigeria than Mr. Jonathan.

Presently, Lagos is the largest state in Nigeria in population and Governor Babatunde Raji Fashola has been able to address most of the challenges of governance in education, security, health, social welfare, transportation, etc. But President Goodluck Jonathan seems confused. 

duh!!!!
Re: Fashola Will Make A Better President Than Gej by jaso1(m): 3:12pm On Oct 17, 2011
@ orikinla,
You have made a vibrant poit here and God wont wipe your knowledge.
With the system Fashola is operating i think one should give it to him but when you campare some of his project with whats obtainable abroad in term of standard he may not get our nod all. The level of corruption in the land may not permit one with good intention to discharge 100% people orriented project with no compromise but when you look at Nigerians and benefit of those who toes this line after living office you will jumb and speedily filled Fashola score card with excellent. For unle GEJ i beg that can be judge by deaf and dump, Nigeria is in big mess and we can only loose out of boundage through bloody revolution.
Re: Fashola Will Make A Better President Than Gej by Gbawe: 4:12pm On Oct 17, 2011
Orikinla:

Beaf,

I don't even know how you respond to a class A dullard who is not even minimally bright enough to see his own nauseating double standards. Who was GEJ pleasing , if not his godfathers, when Mr. President insanely directed that the clearing house of corruption (NNPC) turn around our refineries within 24 months when the entire world is screaming "transparent privatisation"?

How about "leaner Government not possible"? Who are the beneficiary of that cowardly action if not GEJ's many AGIP godfathers and pals he is too scared to upset or mess with?

Has OBJ escaped his godfathers (GEJ, Anenih et al) who still think they are still de-facto President to the extent that one of them (OBJ) is emboldened to petition the police to arrest journalist only for GEJ to face the embarrassment of having to order their release after the entire world assumed he is the latent dictator?

The moronic Beaf has the nerve to attach "coward" to fashola's name yet the entire world wonders why GEJ is unable to act against Boko Haram preferring instead to timidly and impotently shadow box shamelessly around the 'sponsors' his Government say they know to include a "former head of state" !!!!

I could go on but I think the repellent delusions, hypocrisy and myopia of Beaf is obvious. A total joker!!!!! If Fashola has one godfather he cannot shake then GEJ has 50 and it is only a mad man and a moronic, unthinking supporter of GEJ who will dare accuse Fashola of cowardice when GEJ's own cowardice, very obvious to the entire world, is leading to the death of Nigerians.

Re: Fashola Will Make A Better President Than Gej by ektbear: 4:23pm On Oct 17, 2011
Anyone honest with themselves knows this.

Water is wet, the sun rises in the east and sets in the west, and BRF >>>>> GEJ.
Re: Fashola Will Make A Better President Than Gej by tunyus(m): 4:28pm On Oct 17, 2011
OFFCOURSE, that is not something to argue about, it is a known fact
Comapring the two of them is like comparing the dff btw day and nite, or comparing NEW YORK and ONITSHA
Re: Fashola Will Make A Better President Than Gej by Gbawe: 4:29pm On Oct 17, 2011
ekt_bear:

Anyone honest with themselves knows this.

Water is wet, the sun rises in the east and sets in the west, and BRF >>>>> GEJ.

That is the koko of the matter. Fabricating percieved 'weaknesses' against Fashola does nothing to dim what every averagely intelligent individual , "honest with themselves", can discern i.e Fashola has performed excellently in public office while GEJ has at best been "underwhelming" (courtesy USA as revealed by wikileaks).

It is only bigotry and blind support of "our brother" that will make anyone say otherwise. Then again, that is precisely what is killing Nigeria i.e folks seeing ethnicity and region of origin ahead of everything else and to the extent that judgement is compromised badly.
Re: Fashola Will Make A Better President Than Gej by SouthEast2: 4:31pm On Oct 17, 2011
Na yam? Lagos state is just 1/36 of Nigeria. It is an unpredictable projection how anyone will fare, moving from being a state Gov to being a president. He has people from other groups to contend with and he has not got the experience to handle cries of marginalization from disparate groups. So this post is a no-brainer.

He may have built one or two physical structures, but what manner of democratic civil society has he helped create when he is known to support imposition of candidates on the voting population. Fashola is a non-starter for the post of a president.

Besides, the SW is taking a back seat from Aso Rock for a long time
Besides, ACN is a tribal party
Besides, Fashola deported fellow Nigerians from Lagos- that is against the constitution of the country- for which he is in the same mold with Theodore Orji
Besides, he is the handbag bearer of THIEF TINUBU- the most hated Nigerian of today
Re: Fashola Will Make A Better President Than Gej by kizito96(m): 4:33pm On Oct 17, 2011
We are solidly behind him.
Re: Fashola Will Make A Better President Than Gej by kaboninc(m): 4:35pm On Oct 17, 2011
For me, for the fact that Fashola is performing now dosent mean that he can do well or not at the Federal level. One thing we must realise is that the job of a president is very complex and no matter how clean and well-intended the occupier maybe, it's still hard to have faith in them. Fashola manages a state with less bureacracy unlike that Jonathan does. Well, you never know untill he's in.

And if you talk about godfathers in PDP, I also believe that there are godfathers too in ACN. Sentiments aside.
Re: Fashola Will Make A Better President Than Gej by kaboninc(m): 4:37pm On Oct 17, 2011
South.East:

Na yam? Lagos state is just 1/36 of Nigeria. It is an unpredictable projection how anyone will fare, moving from being a state Gov to being a president. He has people from other groups to contend with and he has not got the experience to handle cries of marginalization from disparate groups. So this post is a no-brainer.
Exactly.
Re: Fashola Will Make A Better President Than Gej by brainpulse: 4:37pm On Oct 17, 2011
This roads (Egibo, Isheri and more)have being awarded several times and its being abandone again by fashola. with alot of tax we are paying in lagos the roads are still bad.
Re: Fashola Will Make A Better President Than Gej by midep: 4:39pm On Oct 17, 2011
Beaf can you 4 1nce in ur life accept defeat that ur candidate (GEJ) is a total failure, its very obvious your hatred for Asiwaju Tinubu, come to tink of it the guy is yet to b convicted of any corruption and if truly Tinubu is controlling BRF and yet hes still the best performing Governor in the Country today tell ur maggot and shameless president and his GOD FATHER Obasanjo and co to emulate him. Agbaya Olodo,
Re: Fashola Will Make A Better President Than Gej by Gbawe: 4:40pm On Oct 17, 2011
kaboninc:

[b]For me, for the fact that Fashola is performing now dosent mean that he can do well or not at the Federal level. [/b]One thing we must realise is that the job of a president is very complex and no matter how clean and well-intended the occupier maybe, it's still hard to have faith in them. Fashola manages a state with less bureacracy unlike that Jonathan does. Well, you never know untill he's in.

And if you talk about godfathers in PDP, I also believe that there are godfathers too in ACN. Sentiments aside.

The topic is; Re: Fashola Will Make A Better President Than Gej.

That is what you should respond to. I.e do you think Fashola will make a better President compared with GEJ or not? With all due respect, no one is asking you whether Fashola will perform or not if he gets there.
Re: Fashola Will Make A Better President Than Gej by danjohn: 4:42pm On Oct 17, 2011
Demdem:

see me see trouble oooo.

The same way The Retardeen was man enough to wrestle from his Father the Bomber's embrace (IBB). what about from Anenih and OBJ's embrace? etc. the latter recently wrote him some instructions that was leaked to the press remember. The Retardeen obviously has more baggage than Fashola yet he became president
Your logic is faulty. say another abegiiii

Beaf, Demdem made a reasonable argument here. Why didn't you respond to him?
Re: Fashola Will Make A Better President Than Gej by aljharem3: 4:42pm On Oct 17, 2011
South.East:

Yes Lagos is 1 out of 36 states but it is a very good projection of what he can do in all 36 states. Do you know what projection and statistical analysis is ?

Being a gov. is a very good projection.

What other groups are you talking about ?

the post makes a lot of sense.

South.East:

He may have built one or two physical structures, but what manner of democratic civil society has he helped create when he is known to support imposition of candidates on the voting population. Fashola is a non-starter for the post of a president.

How has fashola impose candidates on people. Are you aware of ACN lost in Ikorodu ?

All u just posted there lack objectivity, evidence and shows how close minded you can be .

South.East:

Besides, the SW is taking a back seat from Aso Rock for a long time

What do you mean. Are we voting based on performance or based on zones and ethnic groups ?

South.East:

Besides, ACN is a tribal party

Yet the founding father of ACN is Ngige and Atiku

Yet a tribal party won, anambra, akwa ibom, benue, edo and has a strong position in NE and NC

you clearly do not know what you are talking about.

Moreover this has nothing to do with ACN but Fashola

South.East:

Besides, Fashola deported fellow Nigerians from Lagos- that is against the constitution of the country- for which he is in the same mold with Theodore Orji

Nope Lagos deported almajiries

while Orji deported productive people

so what are you talking about here NO  comparison HERE

completely different reasons and scenarios

South.East:

Besides, he is the handbag bearer of THIEF TINUBU- the most hated Nigerian of today

Tinubu is facing is before the tibunal now so he does not answer to Tinubu.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Innoson Unveils First ‘made-in-nigeria’ Cars (pics) / BREAKING NEWS: Jubilation As Germany Officially Recognizes Biafra Nation [VIDEO] / Election Postponement: Nigerians Still Counting Losses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.