Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:17 AM

9ice’s Bashorun Gaa And Versus Set For Release - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 9ice’s Bashorun Gaa And Versus Set For Release (2983 Views)

Bashorun Gaa And Versus Albums By 9ice Sell 1million Copies In 2 Days / 9ice Finally Releases Long-awaited Fourth Album,bashorun Gaa And Versus / New Songs From The Much Expected Double Album From 9ice "Bashorun Gaa & Versus" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

9ice’s Bashorun Gaa And Versus Set For Release by rpalmwine: 9:34pm On Oct 17, 2011
The highly anticipation of his double albums “BASHORUN GAA” and “VERSUS” has prompted Nigerian born music superstar 9ice, to promote three singles prior to the release of the albums.

This move is seemingly being made to wet the appetite of awaiting fans and also to give an idea of what to expect from the proverbial lyricist who has undeniably created niche for himself that is yet to be matched.

The three singles, “SHAKASHIKI” from his Bashorun Gaa album, “ALL THE WAY” featuring the duo “P-Square” and “LONI NI” features the late Dagrin from his Versus Album are quite infectious upon first listen. These songs find 9ice giving us a refined, smoother, updated, version of the sweet melody he became famous for while still being delivered with a positive message in a mixture of Nigerian dialects, Pidgin and English.

In a melodious tone that relaxes the body while enjoying the sound, “Shakashiki” is delivered by 9ice effortlessly. The groovy tune brings us a message about the tapa culture, royalty, dance and praise worship.

Notable in the first verse of the song, 9ice sings melodiously “God don promise me say no story, oluwa tishe, emi lo a ni yosi , ileku shi” meaning “God had promised him no story, God has done it and why shouldn’t he be joyful, doors have opened”.

After complete listen, besides wanting to press the repeat button you are in some way left with a feeling of assurance that indeed god has promised us all “No Story”.

In “All the Way” 9ice teams up with the dynamic twins “P-Square” in an inspirational praise worship song that keeps your feet moving while still praising the most high God.

9ice’s delivery is fantastic and his lyrical content leaves you with something to think about , while P-Square came in hard with an inspirational verse that mixes different dialects while leaving a message for people who hate for no reason. “All the Way” will leave you with the feeling that God is truly a champion on both 9ice and P-Squares lives and yours too.

“Loni Ni” featuring the Late “Dagrin” is certain to be a fan favourtie in the “Versus” Album as 9ice and Dagrin come out with one of the grooviest tunes out in a while.

A mixture of Highlife and Hip Hop, Loni ni is a reassuring dance track for matured listeners who just wish to move their body gently to the music. 9ice was nice on the chorus and delivered his versus seemlessly while Dagrin left us with a lyrically prolific verse.

Shakashiki was produced by Ty Mix, while All the Way and Loni Ni were produced by Cheepho. Bashorun Gaa and Versus will be released in the last quarter of 2011 and from the looks of things, this double album is set to be 9ice’s best body of work thus far. A lot of hard work, thought, lyrical content and good beats has been put into both albums.

9ice, who has been busy working hard towards the release of both albums, has three previous albums under his belt titled “Certificate”, “Gongo Aso” and “Tradition”. In a feat no other indigenous Nigerian artist has attempted to try, the double albums “Bashorun Gaa” and “Versus” will be his 4th and 5th album respectively. He is also working on relasing videos for some of the major songs on the albums.

Bashorun Gaa has songs like Everyday, Display, Attitude, Juwonlo, 3310, Takoto, Buje Budanu, Shakashiki and many More. Versus has songs like Tempo ft Banky W, Life is beautiful ft 2face Idibia, Iya Alariya ft King Sunny Ade (KSA), Mayabiaku feat Duncan Mighty, I Matter ft. Timaya, Health is Wealth ft K1 (Kwam1 Ultimate) and more.

http://www.radiopalmwine.com/9ice%E2%80%99s-bashorun-gaa-and-versus-set-for-release/

Re: 9ice’s Bashorun Gaa And Versus Set For Release by rpalmwine: 9:35pm On Oct 17, 2011
Download all three previously released tracks from the link above
Re: 9ice’s Bashorun Gaa And Versus Set For Release by Acidosis(m): 10:05pm On Oct 17, 2011
Nice! 2 album in a CD plate or just separate?
Re: 9ice’s Bashorun Gaa And Versus Set For Release by ikechukz(m): 10:22pm On Oct 17, 2011
just can't wait.hope it includes juwonlo and mu number.
Re: 9ice’s Bashorun Gaa And Versus Set For Release by tosinaded(m): 10:28pm On Oct 17, 2011
been waiting for a year
Re: 9ice’s Bashorun Gaa And Versus Set For Release by MeGaStReEt: 5:52am On Oct 18, 2011
at last, after how many years. I be don dey think say the guy don retire self
Re: 9ice’s Bashorun Gaa And Versus Set For Release by BabaEleko(m): 7:50am On Oct 18, 2011
I cant wait for this.
Re: 9ice’s Bashorun Gaa And Versus Set For Release by Mobinga: 9:41am On Oct 18, 2011
Ruggedman > Modenine

Re: 9ice’s Bashorun Gaa And Versus Set For Release by rpalmwine: 11:09pm On Oct 22, 2011
Three tracks from the anticipated album. Download all here

http://www.radiopalmwine.com/9ice-everyday-adigun-attitude/
Re: 9ice’s Bashorun Gaa And Versus Set For Release by oddy4real(m): 1:52am On Oct 23, 2011
i cant stop listening to EVERYDAY. we have heard enough of rubbish, let 9ice bring back the nice tunez nicely
Re: 9ice’s Bashorun Gaa And Versus Set For Release by BabaEleko(m): 3:44am On Oct 23, 2011
^^^ Correct talk.
Re: 9ice’s Bashorun Gaa And Versus Set For Release by mikuz(m): 5:43pm On Oct 23, 2011
Like serious? Everyday? Mehn that jam wackity wack!
Was reluctant to download the jams until i hear them on radio.
But with the comments i read so i thought the dude is coming with a bang!
Little did i know that i was basing my judgements on sheer hypocrisy!
Was so disappointed with the everyday jam that i didn't border to even look at the rest.
If this is what 9ice has to offer then what can i say?
To think that it was the coolest among the three singles.
Abeg make i hear word.
What's wrong with nigerian artistes sef? No consistency at all
Apart from 2face,these cats can't just stay relevant in the game as they drop their so called albums.
Na wa o!
Hope say em go sell pass 1,000 copies for ph sha.
Re: 9ice’s Bashorun Gaa And Versus Set For Release by BabaEleko(m): 6:06pm On Oct 23, 2011
mikuz:

But with the comments i read so i thought the dude is coming with a slam!
Was so disappointed with the everyday jam that i didn't border to even look at the rest.
Abeg make i hear word.
Apart from 2face,these cats can't just stay relevant in the game as they drop their so called albums.
Na wa o!

[size=14pt]You need a di<k in ur mouth.[/size]
Re: 9ice’s Bashorun Gaa And Versus Set For Release by mikuz(m): 6:25pm On Oct 23, 2011
F O O L !
Was i referring to you?
Re: 9ice’s Bashorun Gaa And Versus Set For Release by BabaEleko(m): 2:45am On Oct 24, 2011
^^^^Obviously you weren't referring to me. And 9ice is too busy to be reading your poo 5hit thats why i think a di<k will do justice in your mouth.
Re: 9ice’s Bashorun Gaa And Versus Set For Release by oddy4real(m): 7:11am On Oct 24, 2011
mikuz:

But with the comments i read so i thought the dude is coming with a slam!
Abeg make i hear word.
Na wa o!

Minority report. 9ice's songs aint for everybody. they are for deep thinking and intelligent peeps. i am sure u love Whizkid and all those rubbish spitting musicians. Best of luck
Re: 9ice’s Bashorun Gaa And Versus Set For Release by 9icelag: 10:11pm On Oct 24, 2011
Cant stop listening to EVERYDAY but who is d bro referring to in the track. 9ice is twice as nice
Re: 9ice’s Bashorun Gaa And Versus Set For Release by Nobody: 12:48am On Oct 25, 2011
Everyone's allowed their own opinion, a concept proving difficult for some Nigerians to grasp.

I think I prefer "Shakashiky" and "All The Way" to these three. Wasn't feeling "Attitude" at all. "Adigun" and "Everyday" are good, but I haven't been abusing my play button with these tracks like I did with "Shakashiky" and "All The Way". Even "Appetizer" sef. Maybe they'll grow on me.

(1) (Reply)

Slikish - Tonight / Samklef ft Skales "Where I 4 dey" / Music: Cardi B – Drip Ft Migos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.