Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,026 members, 7,799,503 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:51 PM

What Do You Know About Yii Framework - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What Do You Know About Yii Framework (1835 Views)

GENESIS FRAMEWORK+THEMES, WORDPRESS/WEB DEVELOPMENT VIDEO TRAINING & SOFTWARES / Download WP Genesis Framework Latest V 2.0.2 For Free / Yii Framework: The Framework Jumia And Kaymu Were Built On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Know About Yii Framework by virtualn(m): 11:04pm On Oct 17, 2011
I am a php developer using yii framework, please i need someone who is familiar with this framework to share ideas with.

thank you.
Re: What Do You Know About Yii Framework by Ymodulus: 1:52am On Oct 18, 2011
Am not the framework kinda man. Though there's notting wrong using a framework but i just dont know. I dont seem to be comfortable to some extent. I can only be comfortable using things i know i cant implement which serve as helpers e.g PHPMAILER CLASS, STRINGS OR TEXT, INFLECTOR IS NOT REALLY USEFULL, and so on but on core issues like ROUTER, LOADER, REGISTRY error class and translator i prefer coding it myself. Also I REALLY DONT LIKE YII CAUSE ITS DIFFICULT TO INSTALL UNLIKE CODEIGNITER WHICH is so simple. But anyway my opinion. Have not even installed the one i have now i even asked myself if i actually downloaded the real file. Cuz i can only see YII BLOG DEMO and some games.
Re: What Do You Know About Yii Framework by moderatorr: 1:19am On Oct 20, 2011
am coding with cakephp.
And i did extensive research before delving in.
Yii has a reputation for bad documentation.
Re: What Do You Know About Yii Framework by binkabir(m): 8:17am On Oct 20, 2011
virtualn:

I am a php developer using yii framework,  please i need someone who is familiar with this framework to share ideas with.

thank you.

I HAVE LONG AGO LOOKED TO SOME ONE LIKE YOU  cheesy. I'M GOOD IN YII. IF YOU ARE ON THE YII FORUM LIST YOU CAN SEND ME A PM, MY ID IS "BINKABIR".
I HAVE DEVELOPED GREAT WEB APPS WITH YII AND I REALLY WANT SOMEONE THAT I WILL SHARE TO IDEAS WITH IN NIGERIA . wink
WELCOME TO YII.  grin
Re: What Do You Know About Yii Framework by binkabir(m): 8:26am On Oct 20, 2011
moderatorr:

am coding with cakephp.
And i did extensive research before delving in.
Yii has a reputation for bad documentation.

this was the same thing i said to myself when i saw about to jump into yii from zend FW,cakephp. but i found a very good tutorials online that made the break through.
here is one
www.larryullman.com/series/learning-the-yii-framework/

there is no doubt about how great Yii is, only about personal opinion.
Re: What Do You Know About Yii Framework by virtualn(m): 11:09am On Oct 23, 2011
@binkabir, i will definitely PM you,
Re: What Do You Know About Yii Framework by binkabir(m): 9:03am On Oct 24, 2011
im waiting kiss
Re: What Do You Know About Yii Framework by mruwaifo(m): 10:05pm On Jun 09, 2012
Yii is just awesome . Been using it and having fun .
Re: What Do You Know About Yii Framework by Nobody: 12:49am On Jun 10, 2012
Yii Developer here, used to be a Zend coder till i saw the light cool. i use Yii alot we can share some ideas and i need answers on some stuff too. take care bro
Re: What Do You Know About Yii Framework by Nobody: 12:50am On Jun 10, 2012
bad documentation ke yii, am sure you didnt read the Yii Guide and Blog Examples and its Wikis, if it were Zend i'd agree

(1) (Reply)

Please Show Me Nairaland Forum Template's Latest Version / Which CMS Is Best For Creating A Classified Site / Phases Of Effective Website Design & Development

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.