Nairaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / Login / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 1259977 members, 1702839 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 October 2014 at 06:12 AM

The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? - Literature (1) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? (5849 Views)

Guess The Author Or The Book / Text Book That Wiil Teach Me English / Post A Quote From A Book You're Reading or Have Read. Include the Book Title. (1) (2) (3) (4)

(0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by manny4life(m): 3:32pm On Oct 25, 2011
none --- sorry i don't read books
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by yomola(m): 3:36pm On Oct 25, 2011
That is sad! But you can get audios of the books if reading is a bore
manny4life:

none --- sorry i don't read books

All 31 chapters of Proverbs, One chapter a day
Made me a wiser person at the end of the month  wink
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by gbemijames: 3:39pm On Oct 25, 2011
For me,its,
1.The purpose driven life by Rick Warren
2.Gifted hands by Ben Carson
3.Forgetting the past
Starting over by Bob Gass
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by Frendys(m): 3:42pm On Oct 25, 2011
The ultimate Book & my companion, The Holy Bible.

Purpose and Vision; Rediscovering the Kingdom Mandate. Dr. Myles Munroe

The Law of Assignment. Dr. Mike Murdock

Success in Life and Ministry. Dr. David Oyedepo

Believers' Authority. Kenneth Hagin

Rich Dad, Poor Dad. Robert Kiyosaki

And so many notable Authors
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by Amjustme: 3:44pm On Oct 25, 2011
THE BIBLE; although its more than a book.
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by UyiIredia(m): 3:46pm On Oct 25, 2011
Rich Dad, Poor Dad - by Robert Kiyosaki and Gods Of Management - by Charles Baker
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by NRIPRIEST(m): 3:48pm On Oct 25, 2011
THE LEGENDARY CHINUA ACHEBES WORK; THINGS FALL APART! The book was a revelation of some sort.
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by manny4life(m): 3:52pm On Oct 25, 2011
yomola:

That is sad! But you can get audios of the books if reading is a bore

All 31 chapters of Proverbs, One chapter a day
Made me a wiser person at the end of the month  wink

Well I guess you're right, I guess till the day I take interest, then yeah I will.
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by gbengene2009: 3:59pm On Oct 25, 2011
The PARABLE OF DOLLARS, by Sam Adeyemi
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by rman: 4:01pm On Oct 25, 2011
1) How To Win Friends And Influence People by Dale Carneige
2) 48 LAWS OF POWER
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by cecegorz(m): 4:03pm On Oct 25, 2011
The Power of Positive Thinking - Norman Pearle
Tough Times Never Last - Robert Schuller
Your Vision is your Future - Casey Treat
7 Strategies for Wealth and Happiness - Jim Rohn
Think and Grow Rich - Napoleon Hill

Written in the most significant order.
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by PatKing(f): 4:10pm On Oct 25, 2011
[size=8pt]"TOUGH TIMES NEVER LAST, BUT TOUGH PEOPLE DO"[/size]
By Robert Schuller
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by olawalebabs(m): 4:13pm On Oct 25, 2011
The Quran (Is my own constitution, guide and light)
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by Natasha2(f): 4:14pm On Oct 25, 2011
THE LAW OF ATTRACTION - RICHARD CARSWELL
THE PURPOSE DRIVEN LIFE - RICK WARREN
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by Akanbiedu(m): 4:21pm On Oct 25, 2011
"THINGS FALL APART"
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by Tolulop001(f): 4:33pm On Oct 25, 2011
The 48 laws of power.
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by JUO(m): 4:35pm On Oct 25, 2011
the Bible, rich dad and poor dad
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by iice(f): 4:43pm On Oct 25, 2011
Jason and the Argonauts. Was in elementary when i read this, thanks to my awesome teacher. And i lost myself to wonder tongue
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by umechuma: 4:49pm On Oct 25, 2011
Rich Dad Poor Dad
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by sunnshyn(f): 4:51pm On Oct 25, 2011
Its not about the bike, My journey back to life-----Lance Armstrong
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Oct 25, 2011
Woow, great reads guys. Una too much.

Seems I have got more to add to my Library.
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by pro01: 5:12pm On Oct 25, 2011
(1) The Art of Worldly Wisdom (by Baltasaar Gracian) and The Prince (by Niccolo Machiavelli) = the best books of classical times. (2) 48 Laws of Power (by the awe-inspiring ROBERT GREENE) = the best book of modern times. All three books are masterpieces of unfathomable proportions. Nothing else in the history of literature even comes close (as long a we're talking about profound effect).
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by HISchild: 5:19pm On Oct 25, 2011
The Holy Bible, the only infallible word of GOD by which mankind can be saved, "For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart." - Heb 4:12 and - “All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.” -2 Timothy 3:16-17

So then faith [cometh] by hearing, and hearing by the word of GOD.” - Rom 10:17
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by kodewrita(m): 5:29pm On Oct 25, 2011
Proverbs

7 habits of highly effective people.

Think and grow rich.

the art of war by sun tzu.

48 laws of power

The Books of How and Why

My Book of Bible stories.

Exodus,I&II Kings, I&II Chronicles, Judges ( read them as war stories when I was young, bored and already run out of novels to read).
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by umechuma: 5:32pm On Oct 25, 2011
So many Nigerians read The Quran and Bible and yet so much corrupt and evil doers in Nigeria.
Why are some many Nigerians religious hypocrites and don't practice what they preach.
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by aze(m): 5:33pm On Oct 25, 2011
Apart from The Book - The Bible

48 Laws of Power, 33 Strategies of War by Robert Greene

Plans, Purposes and Pursuit/I Believe in Visions by Kenneth E Hagin

Think n Grow Rich by N. Hill
The Millionaire Next Door

Anointing For Breakthrough. By David Oyedepo and many odaz
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by freecocoa(f): 5:39pm On Oct 25, 2011
The holy bible has done more than impact something in my life,I love the book of proverbs a lot,though I won't call the bible an ordinary book.

Gifted hands by Ben Carson is a book I'll recommend,the man is an inspiration.
Holy spirit my senior partner by DR Yongi Cho is an eye opener.
The power of positive thinking by Robert schuller is a must read.
And many I can't remember now.
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by nagoma(m): 5:47pm On Oct 25, 2011
The Quran
Magana Jari ce - Imam
Tarihin Annabi - Imam
How To Win Friends And Influence People by Dale Carneige
Cry the beloved country by Alan Paton
Alf Laila wa lailatan
Various Poetery books.
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Oct 25, 2011
1. Purpose Driven Life (Rick Warren)
2. Buy The Future (Mensah Otabil)
3. I Dared To Call Him Father (Bliqis Ibrahim)
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by koolJ1(f): 5:49pm On Oct 25, 2011
Why You Act The Way You Do- Tim LaHaye. Taught me to how to handle ppl n get d best from them
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by donpeluchi(m): 6:09pm On Oct 25, 2011
The passport of mallam ilia!
Re: The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life? by Phlegmwash: 6:18pm On Oct 25, 2011
The secret -Rhonda Byrne and The E-myth revisited: why most small businesses don't work and what to do about -Micheal Gerber. Two great books I can't forget in a hurry. And as a side-kick a work of fiction titled Megacorp by one Jonathan Black, its delightfullly awesome IMO.

(0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dental Mental / I Think I'm Losing My Husband (Poem) / I Wanna Learn Pidgin English!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2014 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See Nairalist and How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.