Stats: 3,143,358 members, 7,780,978 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:45 AM

Who Wants To Be A Housewife? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Wants To Be A Housewife? (5745 Views)

Housewife Caught Having Sex With Lover, Fined N50,000 / Ladies: Can You Be A Housewife? / Should A Housewife Demand An Allowance? (2) (3) (4)

Who Wants To Be A Housewife? by Jenifa1: 1:26am On Oct 18, 2011
On really good days when I've had a nice glass of warm milk before bed, I fall asleep and start to have this fantastic dream. In my dream, I live in a very nice cozy house with my stinking rich husband and two adorable kids. I don't work much professionally (maybe limited part time). Instead I am a housewife. I also have a few hobbies and clubs I belong to to pass time and then . . . . I wake up lipsrsealed

who else has these sweet dreams? and then the alarm wakes them up to get ready for work. tongue

Re: Who Wants To Be A Housewife? by Nobody: 1:48am On Oct 18, 2011
Yes ooo become a house wife and start adding excess weight grin.Yeye girl ur husband dey outside dey hustle dey work u dey house dey busy eat all the food wey dey house and dey watch nollywood home video 24/7 grin.
Re: Who Wants To Be A Housewife? by Nobody: 2:14am On Oct 18, 2011
Jenifa_:

[b]On really good days when I've had a nice glass of warm milk before bed, I fall asleep and start to have this fantastic dream. In my dream, I live in a very nice cozy house with my stinking rich husband and two adorable kids. I don't work much professionally (maybe limited part time). [/b]Instead I am a housewife. I also have a few hobbies and clubs I belong to to pass time and then . . . . I wake up lipsrsealed

who else has these sweet dreams? and then the alarm wakes them up to get ready for work. tongue

[size=14pt]I know say na dream!. . .[/size] grin grin grin
Re: Who Wants To Be A Housewife? by HighChief4(m): 2:46am On Oct 18, 2011
Dream is for free and also legal, so dream on
Re: Who Wants To Be A Housewife? by Jenifa1: 2:49am On Oct 18, 2011
you men are not very encouraging.
I need more women to post.
Re: Who Wants To Be A Housewife? by kasiem(m): 2:58am On Oct 18, 2011
Jenifa, tomorrow u'll dream of where u were gossiping with some indolent women.
Re: Who Wants To Be A Housewife? by lepasharon(f): 4:07am On Oct 18, 2011
not me!
Re: Who Wants To Be A Housewife? by Omoghetto1(f): 4:18am On Oct 18, 2011
ibere tabi iberu olorun maje ta lo ma di aga si ile, mo taka sufe
Re: Who Wants To Be A Housewife? by InkedNerd(f): 4:20am On Oct 18, 2011
I don't wanna be a housewife. It has never and will never be a "dream" of mine.
Re: Who Wants To Be A Housewife? by Jenifa1: 4:59am On Oct 18, 2011
what about part time housewife grin
Re: Who Wants To Be A Housewife? by Nobody: 5:04am On Oct 18, 2011
I'd have to be threatened, blackmailed or uneducated. grin

A stinking rich husband who will eventually leave you for a younger pucee after age 30? Even if you're lucky to get half of it, not the same. And the mind is such a womdaful thing, put it into a better use. Unless you plan to be self-employed at home (indoor business).
Re: Who Wants To Be A Housewife? by Jenifa1: 5:20am On Oct 18, 2011
^ pls get out of here. don't mess up my dream.  grin

of course yea I know reality is different.

Ileke-IdI:

Re: Who Wants To Be A Housewife? by claremont(m): 5:22am On Oct 18, 2011
lefulefu:

Yes ooo become a house wife and start adding excess weight grin.[size=13pt]Yeye girl your husband dey outside dey hustle dey work u dey house dey busy eat all the food wey dey house and dey watch nollywood home video 24/7[/size] grin.
LWKMD!!! cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Who Wants To Be A Housewife? by Nobody: 5:25am On Oct 18, 2011
Jenifa_:

^ pls get out of here. don't mess up my dream.  grin

of course yea I know reality is different.

I wasnt talking to you in general or even directing my post at you, but the housewife topic pisses me off anytime I see it.

Trust me, I've met ppl in Unis whose goal is merely to come and find husband, then become housewife. Some women scare me. How do you just sit home all day with no specific aim or goal. The brain cell just go waste.
Re: Who Wants To Be A Housewife? by Flashaldrin(m): 5:26am On Oct 18, 2011
lefulefu:

Yes ooo become a house wife and start adding excess weight grin.Yeye girl your husband dey outside dey hustle dey work u dey house dey busy eat all the food wey dey house and dey watch nollywood home video 24/7 grin.

@op. seriously! Some dreams become real. Be careful of wat u dream for.
Re: Who Wants To Be A Housewife? by iice(f): 3:03pm On Oct 18, 2011
If i dream of living in a big house. . .it has nobody but me and i have my own money hence the big house. Comes from no one but myself.
Re: Who Wants To Be A Housewife? by tellwisdom: 4:54pm On Oct 18, 2011
On really good days when I've had a nice glass of warm milk before bed, I fall asleep and start to have this fantastic dream. In my dream, I live in a very nice cozy house with my stinking rich husband and two adorable kids. I don't work much professionally (maybe limited part time). Instead I am a housewife. I also have a few hobbies and clubs I belong to to pass time and then . . . . I wake up lipsrsealed

With what u just wrote, Honestly speaking u cant make a GOOD WIFE sad sad. You fell in the category of a MAID undecided undecided
Re: Who Wants To Be A Housewife? by Nobody: 5:56pm On Oct 18, 2011
As a rich guy, I would prefer my wife weren't idle. I would need her to be on the same intellectual plane as me as long-term idleness not only is the devil's workshop, but it can lead to some very far out [b]assumptions [/b]about REAL LIFE.

She can do a home business thing or assist me in running the family business one way or the other (cuz it is only by owning a business or brand that you can honestly be "stinking rich" in this world)
Re: Who Wants To Be A Housewife? by ojubi(m): 6:07pm On Oct 18, 2011
Ever wonder why the average young lady want to get married by all means, why the average young man want to postponed marriage? For the average nigerian woman, marriage is an exit and encourages economic/mental and physical indolence. Why for the man marriage is simply eternal financial slavery accountable to your wife. Afterall, which landlord ask the wife for rent when the rent expires or who bear the shame when there is no food in the house and the children are dressed in rags? Men don't ever allow women to pressure u into premature marriage cos all they do is to give birth to children on yearly basis and sit down at home with the kids and increase your recurrent expenditure to the extent you migth never be able to carry out any useful project in your life again.

Re: Who Wants To Be A Housewife? by ojubi(m): 6:08pm On Oct 18, 2011
Ever wonder why the average young lady want to get married by all means, why the average young man want to postponed marriage? For the average nigerian woman, marriage is an exit and encourages economic/mental and physical indolence. Why for the man marriage is simply eternal financial slavery accountable to your wife. Afterall, which landlord ask the wife for rent when the rent expires or who bear the shame when there is no food in the house and the children are dressed in rags? Men don't ever allow women to pressure u into premature marriage cos all they do is to give birth to children on yearly basis and sit down at home with the kids and increase your recurrent expenditure to the extent you migth never be able to carry out any useful project in your life again.
Re: Who Wants To Be A Housewife? by lindabon: 6:12pm On Oct 18, 2011
being a housewife is not a "sweet dream" for me.
Having a rich husband is not a "sweet dream" for me either.
Being a very wealth woman, is the beginning of a "sweet dream" for me grin grin grin grin
Let me know wen you have such a dream. . . . undecided undecided undecided
Re: Who Wants To Be A Housewife? by Blazing88(f): 6:13pm On Oct 18, 2011
i dont mind being an housewife. But just for a limited period. I will love to work too. kiss
Re: Who Wants To Be A Housewife? by Blazing88(f): 6:14pm On Oct 18, 2011
i dont mind being a housewife. But just for a limited period. I will love to work too. kiss
Re: Who Wants To Be A Housewife? by dayokanu(m): 6:31pm On Oct 18, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

I wasnt talking to you in general or even directing my post at you, but the housewife topic pisses me off anytime I see it.

Trust me, I've met ppl in Unis whose goal is merely to come and find husband, then become housewife. Some women scare me. How do you just sit home all day with no specific aim or goal. The brain cell just go waste.

It beats me.

I mean why go to High school Go to University incurr loans, Study boring books and end up aspiring to be a housewife.

So what happens when your husband kicks you out, When he starts cheating or beating you, Because you are financially incapable you cant leave

Even money for chewing gum, pad, lipstick you have to wait for him at the door to collect it like a beggar

Re: Who Wants To Be A Housewife? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Oct 18, 2011
dayokanu:

It beats me.

I mean why go to High school Go to University incurr loans, Study boring books and end up aspiring to be a housewife.

So what happens when your husband kicks you out, When he starts cheating or beating you, Because you are financially incapable you cant leave

Even money for chewing gum, pad, lipstick you have to wait for him at the door to collect it like a beggar

In America you take the house, kids, half your husband's sweat, alimony + child support? why work?
Re: Who Wants To Be A Housewife? by ronkebp(f): 7:46pm On Oct 18, 2011
@ Poster, Me oooooooooooooo, i want to be, not a full time house wife, a part time house wife would be fun, i would have time to do things i love, go clubbing, everly in the spa, and gym, eyeing those young handsome guys with lovely abs and tight buttocks, wink wink wink wink hmmmmm, would start a charity organization in my spare time, (an orphanage) that should keep me busy, build houses and buy lands every where, ( i will so put my hubby's money to use). Gba beee, then i will officially be ''za bigz gal''!
Re: Who Wants To Be A Housewife? by nolongTing: 8:25pm On Oct 18, 2011
Who will raise the next generation of Nigerian leaders?
1. Full-time wife
2. House girl
3. Nobody and they become a menace to society
Re: Who Wants To Be A Housewife? by nolongTing: 8:26pm On Oct 18, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

A stinking rich husband who will eventually leave you for a younger pucee after age 30? Even if you're lucky to get half of it, not the same. And the mind is such a womdaful thing, put it into a better use. Unless you plan to be self-employed at home (indoor business).

Yuck! Dose not sound very Ekiti to me grin grin grin
Re: Who Wants To Be A Housewife? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Oct 18, 2011
^^^ Housewife is not an Ekiti thing. Most of these women provide for themselves and their family.
A jobless Ekiti women would either start selling in the market or on the street like the usual Nigerian.
But to sit home and wait for husband's money, no.
You can always prove me wrong o.
Re: Who Wants To Be A Housewife? by nolongTing: 8:37pm On Oct 18, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

^^^ Housewife is not an Ekiti thing. Most of these women provide for themselves and their family.
A jobless Ekiti women would either start selling in the market or on the street like the usual Nigerian.
But to sit home and wait for husband's money, no.
You can always prove me wrong o.

Are you implying that Ekiti men do not like to take care of their wives? Mothers are very important, oyinbo women choose to be independent because their economies are developed.  If Nigerian women take your attitude its very bad for society, raising children is more difficult than any career in the world - its not about sitting around idle.  Idle mothers are useless mothers.
Re: Who Wants To Be A Housewife? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Oct 18, 2011
nolongTing:

Are you implying that Ekiti men do not like to take care of their wives? Mothers are very important, oyinbo women choose to be independent because their economies are developed.  If Nigerian women take your attitude its very bad for society, raising children is more difficult than any career in the world - its not about sitting around idle.  Idle mothers are useless mothers.

How does saying that an Ekiti women provides for her children and her family implies that Ekiti men don't.
Raising children is indeed a difficult work, but when did it now become only the woman's work?
When the husband gets home from work, the woman leaves to work. Or both leave at the same time, with the grandparents watching over. Or go to work when your children are at school.
Just stop creating endless excuse as to why women should stay idle.
In a society like Nigeria's, you hardly find it hard not to find someone able to watch your kids while at home.

Re: Who Wants To Be A Housewife? by nolongTing: 8:53pm On Oct 18, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

How does saying that an Ekiti women provides for her children and her family implies that Ekiti men don't.

If a woman has to go out and work to provide for her children then:

1. her husband is unemployed
2. He earns peanuts
3. he's not around

Ileke-IdI:

Raising children is indeed a difficult work, but when did it now become only the woman's work?
When the husband gets home from work, the woman leaves to work. Or both leave at the same time, with the grandparents watching over. Or go to work when your children are at school.

If thee woman goes to work when the man comes back from work then they have a terrible, marriage, devoid of romance and focused on earning money to pay the bills – yuck! Why must the
woman leave for work when her husband gets back? When will they spend time together?

Grandparents are not babysitters. plus they might not be healthy enough to keep an eye on young children for long periods.

Ileke-IdI:

Or go to work when your children are at school.

So who will pick up the kids from school? Who will pick the kids up during emergencies? What is your obsession with work? Children grow up fast, getting to raise them full time is a priviledge.

Ileke-IdI:

Just stop creating endless excuse as to why women should stay idle.

To the contrary, you need to stop making a full time wife sound like hell – its a priviledge

Ileke-IdI:

In a society like Nigeria's, you hardly find it hard not to find someone able to watch your kids while at home.

Terrible attitude, this is what leads to disfunctional kids; if you cannot take care of them don't have them!

My Old Parents Are Still At War / What Names Will You Give Your Twins? / g