Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,878 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:01 AM

What Does It Take To Clear Car At Lagos Port - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / What Does It Take To Clear Car At Lagos Port (10880 Views)

Cheap Honda Accord Ex '06 Landed At Lagos Port For Just #900,000 Only!!(SOLD) / Buy Or Clear You Portable Car's.direct From Cotonou At A Brilliant Price, / Learn The Secrets - Buy Any Car At Auction Price From The U.S (With Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does It Take To Clear Car At Lagos Port by Omosorire: 8:12am On Oct 18, 2011
Dear Nairalanders,

Pls I am expecting a car from US next week and I need you to enlighten me on what it takes to clear the car from Lagos port. Pls tell me what and what I need to do to clear the car ( the cost, time etc). Thank you all!
Re: What Does It Take To Clear Car At Lagos Port by femmy2010(m): 8:28am On Oct 18, 2011
The cost of clearing varies with the make and year of the vehicle to be cleared in addition to the terminal it would be cleared from.
It takes between 2day - 5days to complete clearing.
Do you have the BOL already in Nigeria?

Call 08036363467 or email duduconsultt@yahoo.com to use my service.
Re: What Does It Take To Clear Car At Lagos Port by 2bosun: 1:43am On Nov 07, 2011
Hello Femmy

How much would you clear a 1999 ML320 from Lagos?
Re: What Does It Take To Clear Car At Lagos Port by femmy2010(m): 2:45am On Nov 07, 2011
2bosun:

Hello Femmy

How much would you clear a 1999 ML320 from Lagos?

N300k Sir.
Re: What Does It Take To Clear Car At Lagos Port by Damolux01(m): 7:51am On Nov 07, 2011
@Femmy, hw much wuld help clear dz skool bus After purchase, I was told to pay close to 200k for shipment, d cost is getting too much even!!!

Re: What Does It Take To Clear Car At Lagos Port by femmy2010(m): 7:54am On Nov 07, 2011
Damolux01:

@Femmy, hw much wuld help clear dz skool bus After purchase, I was told to pay close to 200k for shipment, d cost is getting too much even!!!

A budget of N200k would get it cleared.
Re: What Does It Take To Clear Car At Lagos Port by Damolux01(m): 10:07pm On Nov 08, 2011
So u mean 100-150 can't get this bus cleared, I'll rather get it in Nig then.
Re: What Does It Take To Clear Car At Lagos Port by femmy2010(m): 5:00am On Nov 09, 2011
Damolux01:

So u mean 100-150 can't get this bus cleared, I'll rather get it in Nig then.

If under 1999 and shipped on a grimaldi line then N150k would clear it
Re: What Does It Take To Clear Car At Lagos Port by Damolux01(m): 7:07am On Nov 09, 2011
Tnx sir, I'll ask 4 d year and get back to, gat ur no already with.
Re: What Does It Take To Clear Car At Lagos Port by femmy2010(m): 7:44am On Nov 09, 2011
Okay.would be expectant.
Re: What Does It Take To Clear Car At Lagos Port by bodynsoul(m): 11:25am On Nov 09, 2011
hi femmy, i intend importing any two of the following cars 1) 2000 Rover 75 2)2004 Peugeot 607 and 3)2004 Hyundai-XG350L
Please how much will it cost to clear them at the port. Also give me the RORO option.
Thanks.
Re: What Does It Take To Clear Car At Lagos Port by femmy2010(m): 3:24pm On Nov 09, 2011
bodynsoul:

hi femmy, i intend importing any two of the following cars 1) 2000 Rover 75  2)2004 Peugeot 607 and 3)2004 Hyundai-XG350L
Please how much will it cost to clear them at the port. Also give me the RORO option.
Thanks.

Good afternoon and do pardon the delayed response.
2000 Rover 75 - N220k
2004 Peugeot 607 - N250k
2004 Hyundai XG350L - N250k

You are advised to make usage of Grimaldi shipping line for the shipment.
Re: What Does It Take To Clear Car At Lagos Port by bodynsoul(m): 10:09am On Nov 10, 2011
femmy2010:

Good afternoon and do pardon the delayed response.
2000 Rover 75 - N220k
2004 Peugeot 607 - N250k
2004 Hyundai XG350L - N250k

You are advised to make usage of Grimaldi shipping line for the shipment.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for the reply Femmy.
From your experience if using Grimaldi shipping line for the shipment, which of the countries can i get the best deal.
Thanks.
Re: What Does It Take To Clear Car At Lagos Port by tuogun(m): 7:26am On Apr 18, 2013
It is no longer mandatory that the consignee engages the services of a registered Freight Forwarders/Clearing and Forwarding Agent inrespect of merchandise and raw materials. In such cases, the consignee may opt for self clearance as is the case with personal effects, where the owners may clear the cargo when familiar with the clearing procedure.

BILL OF LADING
The consignor/shipper sends the Bill of Lading in advance of the
arrival of the ship to the consignee/importer. This document contains the following vital information:
(a) The name of the ship carrying the goods
(b) The description of the goods along with their marks and numbers.
(c) The date of departure from port of loading
(d) The weight of cargo
(e) The terms of contract of affreightment.

PROCEDURE: IMPORT
The importer/consignee takes the Bill of Lading to the NPA Central Office for Planning and Information (C.O.P.I) of the appropriate port for details about the arrival date of the ship and her allocated berth.
This information can also be obtained from the shipping company.
•The importer or his agent completes the Bill of Entry and registers it with the Nigerian Customs Service.
•The consignee or importer proceeds to the shipping company to effect Shipping Company Release of the goods.
•There, the Bill of Lading is cross-checked and compared with the ship’s manifest. After certifying the correctness of consignee’s documents, a blank form called Delivery Order (D.O.) supplied to the Shipping Company by the Nigerian Ports Authority, is then issued to the importer.
•The consignee or his agent completes the Delivery Order and returns same and the Bill of Lading to the shipping company.
•The Shipping Company then scrutinizes the details on the Delivery Order, endorses it and withdraws the original of the Bill of Lading from the consignee or his agent. Thereafter, the lower portion of the Delivery Order is detached and handed back to the importer who holds it as evidence of shipping company release.
•The main body of the Delivery Order is sent to the Terminal Operator at the specific Port.
•The Terminal Operator then raises all necessary bills trough a computerized system, after which customer proceeds to bank for payment. (Or even now, I hear you can use GT Bank online payment- not sure though)
On receipt of bank confirmation, Terminal Delivery Order is raised and the necessary delivery sets are produced using information contained in the Delivery Order.
•The documents are subsequently transferred to the transit shed or delivery point.
•The consignee or his agents then proceeds to the appropriate shed or delivery point to effect delivery. After loading, cargo pass is issued to the consignee or his agent who then proceeds to NPA gate for security checks and final exit.

Either ways, you may still choose to liaise with a clearing agent of your choice since they know the terrain well.

2 Likes

Re: What Does It Take To Clear Car At Lagos Port by tuogun(m): 7:31am On Apr 18, 2013
tuogun: It is no longer mandatory that the consignee engages the services of a registered Freight Forwarders/Clearing and Forwarding Agent inrespect of merchandise and raw materials. In such cases, the consignee may opt for self clearance as is the case with personal effects, where the owners may clear the cargo when familiar with the clearing procedure.

BILL OF LADING
The consignor/shipper sends the Bill of Lading in advance of the
arrival of the ship to the consignee/importer. This document contains the following vital information:
(a) The name of the ship carrying the goods
(b) The description of the goods along with their marks and numbers.
(c) The date of departure from port of loading
(d) The weight of cargo
(e) The terms of contract of affreightment.

PROCEDURE: IMPORT
The importer/consignee takes the Bill of Lading to the NPA Central Office for Planning and Information (C.O.P.I) of the appropriate port for details about the arrival date of the ship and her allocated berth.
This information can also be obtained from the shipping company.
•The importer or his agent completes the Bill of Entry and registers it with the Nigerian Customs Service.
•The consignee or importer proceeds to the shipping company to effect Shipping Company Release of the goods.
•There, the Bill of Lading is cross-checked and compared with the ship’s manifest. After certifying the correctness of consignee’s documents, a blank form called Delivery Order (D.O.) supplied to the Shipping Company by the Nigerian Ports Authority, is then issued to the importer.
•The consignee or his agent completes the Delivery Order and returns same and the Bill of Lading to the shipping company.
•The Shipping Company then scrutinizes the details on the Delivery Order, endorses it and withdraws the original of the Bill of Lading from the consignee or his agent. Thereafter, the lower portion of the Delivery Order is detached and handed back to the importer who holds it as evidence of shipping company release.
•The main body of the Delivery Order is sent to the Terminal Operator at the specific Port.
•The Terminal Operator then raises all necessary bills trough a computerized system, after which customer proceeds to bank for payment. (Or even now, I hear you can use GT Bank online payment- not sure though)
On receipt of bank confirmation, Terminal Delivery Order is raised and the necessary delivery sets are produced using information contained in the Delivery Order.
•The documents are subsequently transferred to the transit shed or delivery point.
•The consignee or his agents then proceeds to the appropriate shed or delivery point to effect delivery. After loading, cargo pass is issued to the consignee or his agent who then proceeds to NPA gate for security checks and final exit.

Either ways, you may still choose to liaise with a clearing agent of your choice since they know the terrain well.

lest I forget, you now need to have your up-to-date tax clearance otherwise, you wont make headway
Re: What Does It Take To Clear Car At Lagos Port by PeaceAdvocate: 11:47pm On Aug 23, 2015
How much will it cost to clear a 2007 BMW X5 and a 2009 VW Passat at the Port?
Re: What Does It Take To Clear Car At Lagos Port by Zdoh(m): 9:33am On Jul 25, 2016
We are expert custom licensed clearing and forwarding agent, we provide our clients with Freight Services; act as agents to exporters and importers, as well as statutory agencies for the provision of logistics support and documentations of exportation and importation of goods. Equally, we render Custom Licensed Clearing and Forwarding services, being swift in delivery of all assignments as given to us to handle. Our presences in virtually airport port in Nigeria have facilitated the increase in our list of clients far and wide, mainly those importing to Nigeria.

We offer good and considerable price packages for our clients and are always ready to accommodate suggestions and reasonable negotiations that will facilitate our service delivery and clients’ satisfaction respectively. We are presently looking out for Shipping and Freight Forwarding agencies abroad that will partner with us here in Nigeria for mutual and beneficial shipping/Clearing and Forwarding business relationship..In order to ensure the confidence of our clients we offer payment on delivery.A trail will convince you.

Cargo Section,
MMI Airport,Ikeja,Lagos,
Tel: Voice/Whatsapp_+2348088759163,

(1) (Reply)

clean tokunbo Dodge Charger Sxt 2006model (US MACHINE)2m for sale #08023408690 / PreOrder Your Cars From Copart and IAAI Using Our License with Little Commission / add old buy your dream car in ibadan 08088525399

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.