Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,709 members, 7,805,909 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:22 AM

Photo: Tragedy As Trailer Plunged From Top Of Ijora Bridge - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photo: Tragedy As Trailer Plunged From Top Of Ijora Bridge (9699 Views)

2015 Gov Bid Plunged Me Into Debt – Jimi Agbaje / Buhari Has Plunged Nigerian Economy Into Recession Says Utomi / Ambode Leading Officers To Arrest Traffic Offenders In Ijora (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photo: Tragedy As Trailer Plunged From Top Of Ijora Bridge by danteweb: 2:31pm On Oct 19, 2011
Make all of ona shut up for there. I was at the scene when this accident happened. This is a pure case of disorganization in the nations leadership. First of all, i'm sure u all know that the ports are controlled by the federal govt. Also bridges such as ijora bridge are federal govt roads, which the state has no jurisdiction over.

As such port organization such as trailer routes, policing and laws that govern the port administration generally are functions of the federal govt. When this accident happened, people were trapped under the buses, so a lot of people came to the scene to try and lift the trailer up so as to save the innocent lives in those two buses. In a nation of 150million people? no officlal fire service, no ambulance service (apart from the ones paid for by lagos government in collaboration with some private banks - finbank etc), no police presence to cordon off the area.

This also raises the question of what a motor park is doing right under such a bridge. If them chase dem comot now, ona go say fashola too wicked say him wan plant flower everywhere. I think its our collective responsibliity in this country to stand up for our rights and demand good governance, accountability from our leaders. If we don't, they will continue to cheat us and take us for a ride. See what happened in Tunisia, Egypt and so on. . .
Re: Photo: Tragedy As Trailer Plunged From Top Of Ijora Bridge by Okijajuju1(m): 2:54pm On Oct 19, 2011
Lord have mercy!
Re: Photo: Tragedy As Trailer Plunged From Top Of Ijora Bridge by Otamio: 3:12pm On Oct 19, 2011
Recklessness
Re: Photo: Tragedy As Trailer Plunged From Top Of Ijora Bridge by sandysprax(m): 3:50pm On Oct 19, 2011
mikeywise:

HOW CAN U COMPARE AN ACCIDENT DAT OCCURED IN TOWN (WHERE ON A NORMAL DAY IS VERY BUSY) AND AN ACCIDENT DAT OCCURED IN AN EXPRESS WAY (WHERE ON A NORMAL DAY,U WONT EVEN FIND PEOPLE USING).WE ARE VERY FAST TO DISCREDIT OURSELVES. WHAT KIND OF ORGANISATION ARE U LOOKING AT?HOW CAN U BE EXPECTING ORGANISATION WEN THE ACCIDENT WAS SERIOUS? I GUESS U MEAN THOSE THAT CAME TO THE ACCIDENT SCENE SHOULD HAVE LINED UP? SMH shocked shocked

All am saying is they should always try to make way for evacuation purposes in case of emergencies such as this.
Re: Photo: Tragedy As Trailer Plunged From Top Of Ijora Bridge by maninmood(m): 4:54pm On Oct 19, 2011
Beef, I have a little respect for you today. Your comments are inspiring wink. However, you behave so rude sometimes when it comes to ACN governors. undecided
Re: Photo: Tragedy As Trailer Plunged From Top Of Ijora Bridge by DCAT: 5:07pm On Oct 19, 2011
i will not mention names, i must say that some NL are educated daft. just could not see reason why some dude would be slanging each other without any reason.
Re: Photo: Tragedy As Trailer Plunged From Top Of Ijora Bridge by jmaine: 5:21pm On Oct 19, 2011
Orikinla:

Same way a Molue bus plunged from the highest Ijora flyover on May 26, 1993 and killed my mother.
May God save us from such accidents.

Amen . . . . cry
Re: Photo: Tragedy As Trailer Plunged From Top Of Ijora Bridge by jmaine: 5:22pm On Oct 19, 2011
Please can we stop being partisan a bit when people lives are at stake  embarassed 
Re: Photo: Tragedy As Trailer Plunged From Top Of Ijora Bridge by oobim(m): 6:05pm On Oct 19, 2011
Nigeria is d most disorganisd country in d world.#shoot me,if u can

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Chairs Security Council Meeting / 6,000 Delegates To Vote In PDP National Convention / Running-Mate Scarcity: Stop Mounting Pressure On Tinubu - Agbomhere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.