Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,217 members, 7,807,736 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:15 PM

Which Programming Language Should He Go For? - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Which Programming Language Should He Go For? (23567 Views)

I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? / Which Programming Language Should I Start With And Why? / I Want To Learn Computer Programming, What Language Should I Learn First? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Re: Which Programming Language Should He Go For? by Nobody: 7:19pm On Nov 28, 2011
I go with C#
Re: Which Programming Language Should He Go For? by Thelstan(m): 8:09pm On Nov 28, 2011
Start with Python and you can't go wrong.

Then maybe you can move on to C# on the .NET platform.
Re: Which Programming Language Should He Go For? by candylips(m): 8:34pm On Nov 28, 2011
scala
Re: Which Programming Language Should He Go For? by xterra2(m): 8:47pm On Nov 28, 2011
Start with C it would introduce you to the world of programming
then go for Java, if you understand C you would learn Java easier
Re: Which Programming Language Should He Go For? by charlsecy4(m): 9:02pm On Nov 28, 2011
Please, what is python used for? After learning it, what can you do with it?
Re: Which Programming Language Should He Go For? by canadaik(m): 9:05pm On Nov 28, 2011
i am studying java and it is a pretty good language, easy to understand if you are mathematics oriented, intuitive and good at solving problems.
computer science is a wise way to invest your time in and i am sure it would be beneficial
Re: Which Programming Language Should He Go For? by MrWhy1(m): 9:39pm On Nov 28, 2011
Before you decide on which of the languages you should learn in depth. Have you asked yourself if you prefer object oriented programming to web programming or both?
Re: Which Programming Language Should He Go For? by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 9:43pm On Nov 28, 2011
Good Q
Re: Which Programming Language Should He Go For? by Thelstan(m): 10:00pm On Nov 28, 2011
Mr--Why:

Before you decide on which of the languages you should learn in depth. Have you asked yourself if you prefer object oriented programming to web programming or both?

BCuZiMBlaCk:

Good Q

Bad question. Who said Web programming cannot be Object Oriented?

I think the question you meant to ask is if desktop programming or web programming is preferred? grin
Re: Which Programming Language Should He Go For? by donjos10(m): 10:04pm On Nov 28, 2011
go and pray
Re: Which Programming Language Should He Go For? by Ascony(m): 10:32pm On Nov 28, 2011

u just read my mind,

also if i decide to learn only C, or C++, what exactly can i do with it?
Re: Which Programming Language Should He Go For? by Thelstan(m): 10:50pm On Nov 28, 2011
charlsecy4:

Python can be used for desktop applications or for web based applications (e.g. via Django, more on that later).

Most of Google's awesome codes are done in Python. Of course that includes the Google App Engine and also Youtube.

http://www.python.org/about/quotes/

"Python has been an important part of Google since the beginning, and remains so as the system grows and evolves. Today dozens of Google engineers use Python, and we're looking for more people with skills in this language." said Peter Norvig, director of search quality at Google, Inc.

"Python is fast enough for our site and allows us to produce maintainable features in record times, with a minimum of developers," said Cuong Do, Software Architect, YouTube.com.

Python combines being very powerful with being easy to learn for a beginner. It is a great programming language to start with because it entails many modern programming practices.

Django is a high-level Python Web framework that encourages rapid development and clean, pragmatic design.

Django is used for web based programming in Python. It's one of the best things about Python.

Finally, Python was also used to cook the moinmoin wiki engine. http://moinmo.in/  grin Ummmm delicious!
Re: Which Programming Language Should He Go For? by MrWhy1(m): 11:16pm On Nov 28, 2011
Thelstan:

Bad question. Who said Web programming cannot be Object Oriented?

I think the question you meant to ask is if desktop programming or web programming is preferred?  grin

Oh my bad, I meant to ask desktop programming.  We still saying the same thing though. Mastering the tools for either is very paramount.
Re: Which Programming Language Should He Go For? by sylve11: 11:27pm On Nov 28, 2011
nice nairalanders, always there 2 assist u. cool
Re: Which Programming Language Should He Go For? by jimctu: 11:41pm On Nov 28, 2011
Re: Which Programming Language Should He Go For? by Thelstan(m): 12:02am On Nov 29, 2011
^^^^

What's the NASA image for?
Re: Which Programming Language Should He Go For? by Bossman(m): 12:04am On Nov 29, 2011
Scientific what, and how did you come up with that? C is a precedural programming language while C++ and Java are object oriented programming languages. All 3, in addition to other languages, can be used to learn programming. The key thing is to gt a good grasp of the constructs. Regardless of the programming language of choice.

jimctu:

C and C++ are more scientific ones,
you should try Java.

[center][img]http://s03.flagcounter.com/map/FMv/size=t/txt=000000/border=CCCCCC/pageviews=1/viewers=3[/img]
[img]http://2.s03.flagcounter.com/count/FMv/bg=00CC66/txt=000000/border=000000/columns=1/maxflags=1/viewers=3/labels=1/pageviews=1/[/img][img]http://s03.flagcounter.com/count/FMv/bg=00CC66/txt=000000/border=000000/columns=1/maxflags=1/viewers=3/labels=1/pageviews=1/[/img][/center]
Re: Which Programming Language Should He Go For? by Obiagu1(m): 2:55am On Nov 29, 2011
Start with C++. I don't think you need C.
Once you're good with C++, you can easily move to any other language.
Re: Which Programming Language Should He Go For? by Victorsky(m): 11:03am On Nov 29, 2011
Go to youtube, Type programming GUI on the search engine, you have over 52 free lecturers with various topics. You can study anything from this Environment even causes like SAP programmin (ABOP) that gives over 2million naira salary /month, wishing you the best in your programming adventures.
Re: Which Programming Language Should He Go For? by OmoTier1(m): 11:04am On Nov 29, 2011
@op, depends where you want to pitch your tent, and why you want to learn the programming language, whether as a hobbist or a Pro!

For a start, have a go at scripting languages like Python, then maybe you can decide where you want to pitch your tenth, web or desktop.

Python makes life so easy that you bother less of syntax and focus more on the solution. It is encompasses procedural and Object Orietend Porgramming (oop) concepts and you have an ever growing support and libraries for python. You can graduate from a novice to an intermediate in python within six months on self tutor!
Re: Which Programming Language Should He Go For? by Trac: 5:33pm On Nov 29, 2011
C++ with object oriented programming (C++ OOP). You have a wider surface area to cover in application of your know-how in this area. Wouldn't take much to adapt to Objective C and Java wouldn't be of much stress if you decide to opt to it.
Re: Which Programming Language Should He Go For? by kodewrita(m): 4:07pm On Dec 04, 2011

(1) (2)

Programmers: At What Age Did You Start Programming? / Java Tutorial For Beginners / I Want To Learn Computer Programming, What Language Should I Learn First?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.