Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,277 members, 7,807,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:04 PM

Do You Have A Domicillary Account? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Do You Have A Domicillary Account? (6195 Views)

Domicillary Account Needed In Intercontinental Bank / Domicillary Account Needed In Benin / How Do I Transfer Funds Outside Nigeria Without Using A Domicillary Account ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Have A Domicillary Account? by Godmother(f): 9:01am On Oct 19, 2011
Which bank did you use in opening? When I was opening mine I tried using GTB but they gave me so much problems that I decided to use a different bank and I ended up using Intercontinental.
Re: Do You Have A Domicillary Account? by 2sexy(m): 9:26am On Oct 19, 2011
No, I do not have due to the fact that banks ask too many questions,some embarrasing, when it comes to owning a dorm.

I remember vividly when a guy in 1st bank said I was too young to own a credit card. Can you imagine that? Man, I felt it was a curse to have a baby face 'cos at 27 i still look like an 18 year old kid. Non would believe it till I show my National ID.
Re: Do You Have A Domicillary Account? by Godmother(f): 9:38am On Oct 19, 2011
Join the club. Im the same age and also look young. It may not be too nice now but it will later.
Re: Do You Have A Domicillary Account? by ochukoccna: 10:56am On Oct 19, 2011
Am looking forward to opening one soon.
Can anyone intimate one with the best 9ja bank to open a dom acct with as of today?
I know many would say try any bank yet rates would vary& all that. So do share your info starting with thee godmother.
Re: Do You Have A Domicillary Account? by maxims: 11:42am On Oct 19, 2011
Yep! I do have one with GTB.

Its easier when you already have an account (either savings/current) running for some while prior to your intention to open the dormiciliary account coupled with working with a good company.
Re: Do You Have A Domicillary Account? by jamace(m): 11:47am On Oct 19, 2011
Yes o. GTB is my haven.
Re: Do You Have A Domicillary Account? by Geenet: 12:24pm On Oct 19, 2011
i dont think they shud be any issue if u hv people to referee u from GTBank,  Mine was opened under 5days
Re: Do You Have A Domicillary Account? by ifyalways(f): 6:54am On Oct 20, 2011
Yes,I do and with GTB.That was even the first account i opened with them.They only demanded I get 2 guaraantors who must be operating a 6 months old and above "current" account with "any" bank. That easy!
Re: Do You Have A Domicillary Account? by Godmother(f): 9:07am On Oct 20, 2011
I have also heard that GTB is the best to open a dom account with, thats why I wanted to open one with them. But they gave me so much drama I had to change my mind
Re: Do You Have A Domicillary Account? by leMuhito(f): 9:08am On Oct 20, 2011
I do have one and from my experience, a DOM acct from GTB is the best
Re: Do You Have A Domicillary Account? by DoubleN(m): 9:16am On Oct 20, 2011
Yes I do with GTB and it took just a couple of mins to get it open. Once you have a functioning current account with them, opening a Dorm account is a breeze.
Re: Do You Have A Domicillary Account? by Nobody: 9:33am On Oct 20, 2011
the only thing that delays or complicate the opening process is the referees.
A lot of people make the mistake of concluding that submitting a firstbank referee to GTBank will work too.

It take close to 2 months before these banks reply each other. This tends to discredit the other bank and annoy their customers, (i guess thats the intention)
I have learnt to walk through the banking hall and get ppl to sign as referee for me on same day.

no go try am o, ma mouth sweet and i come get innocentee face join am

OP, i will recommend GTB, international money transfer leaves same day
Re: Do You Have A Domicillary Account? by teemon: 9:33am On Oct 20, 2011
This is funny shocked,God imagine y'all coming here to brag about dorm acct God,i think i like to brag with something else mtscheee!*Leaving the room!*
Re: Do You Have A Domicillary Account? by LongOne1(m): 9:35am On Oct 20, 2011
I opened mine with GT Bank, and I wasn’t in Nigeria at the time. Apparently, my folks used long leg to get it done, all I had to do was sign some documents and email them.
I am happy with their services, apart from the occasional card blockage because of overdrawn funds.

2sexy:

I felt it was a curse to have a baby face 'cos at 27 i still look like an 18 year old kid. Non would believe it till I show my National ID.

This is a definite plus for you, if you are female.
Re: Do You Have A Domicillary Account? by Nobody: 9:38am On Oct 20, 2011
teemon:

This is funny shocked,God imagine y'all coming here to brag about dorm acct God,i think i like to brag with something else mtscheee!*Leaving the room!*

to you, i guess it's biggie owning a dom account so you assume the poster must be bragging.

2sexy:
I felt it was a curse to have a baby face 'cos at 27 i still look like an 18 year old kid.
just curious, can i get to see you?
Re: Do You Have A Domicillary Account? by Nobody: 9:58am On Oct 20, 2011
Mine is Oceaninc Bank , First Bank, Diamond Bank and Zenith Bank
Re: Do You Have A Domicillary Account? by lynxnoon(m): 10:13am On Oct 20, 2011
GTB
Once u have a valid current account with the bank u want to get d dorm account from it shouldn't take more than 5 working days.
Re: Do You Have A Domicillary Account? by 2sexy(m): 10:26am On Oct 20, 2011
Na wa o people one see me ooo. Chai. . . I don enter again. Heh?

Pleas o o o, I b Man o o.

But seriously, I look just too young than my actual age. If I claim 18, my guy you go believe me die. Na nw I dey even dey grow bia bia lol.

The funny thing now is that I am currently dating a girl with exactly the same facial,body features. If u wanna see me, i can drop my facebook name but only at your request.
Re: Do You Have A Domicillary Account? by akanxpress: 10:29am On Oct 20, 2011
There are regulations guiding banks.
To open a Dom. Accnt in GTB, you have to satisfy the condition of operating a Current account with them for 6 months. Than collect A Dom Account opeing form, fill with ya passport photo and ID Card. I think they require $500. But Mine, since I doscover that they open account first b/4 funding, I did not even have the cash. I paid $100 after abount 5 months - no stress.
GTB is good esp if you want to be doing internet banking. Can stay in ya nome/office and wire money to any bank account outside Nigeria and they their corporate culture/ethics is good. Thay dont charge clients account expect legally and when necessary.
Most posters in this forum are busybody. So filter out sensible posting !!!!
Thanks
Re: Do You Have A Domicillary Account? by freecocoa(f): 10:36am On Oct 20, 2011
I don't have but won't mind if anyone can help me open one. any cheerful giver in the house? grin
Re: Do You Have A Domicillary Account? by 2sexy(m): 11:01am On Oct 20, 2011
Haba free cocoa, why would you want some one to help you open a dorm? People like you are a good prey to fraudsters.

You mean with all the scam flying here and there on Nairaland, your eyes are too blind to see, right?

E b like say them no flug u well wen u small. Where ma kpankere dey. . . Oya i dey c u so, b gin enter any bank and ask them wetin u want. If you no enter, eh? Na my kpakere I go take peel ya back. . .

Money Don't go on trees. Be Wise. Learn to Do things by yourself. It pays!
Re: Do You Have A Domicillary Account? by 2sexy(m): 11:02am On Oct 20, 2011
Haba free cocoa, why would you want some one to help you open a dorm? People like you are a good prey to fraudsters.

You mean with all the scam flying here and there on Nairaland, your eyes are too blind to see, right?

E b like say them no flug u well wen u small. Where ma kpankere dey. . . Oya i dey c u so, b gin enter any bank and ask them wetin u want. If you no enter, eh? Na my kpakere I go take peel ya back. . .

Money Don't go on trees. Be Wise. Learn to Do things by yourself. It pays!
Re: Do You Have A Domicillary Account? by Igosun: 11:42am On Oct 20, 2011
I have one with UBA and it very ok by me.
Re: Do You Have A Domicillary Account? by Progreen: 11:49am On Oct 20, 2011
yes ke
Re: Do You Have A Domicillary Account? by marocguy(m): 12:16pm On Oct 20, 2011
i hav one wit finbank since 2007. A nice experience wit them so far
Re: Do You Have A Domicillary Account? by ladel(m): 12:35pm On Oct 20, 2011
i av a coperate dom account with stanbic ibtc. it was very easy to open since i av been banking with them since 2003 as chartered bank. i use my dom account basically for goods procurement mainly frm south africa and china but one recent problem with stanbic is they are deducting wht they call offshore charges. on every transaction, they deduct 4k from my current account plus 1% of total money i am transfering in USD plus this offshore thing (also in USD frm my dom account) which unfortunately is not defined.
can someone tell me what his/her experience is with regards to payment for overseas goods with a dom account from other banks?
thanks
Re: Do You Have A Domicillary Account? by HECTORBOSS(m): 12:52pm On Oct 20, 2011
Taking a poll i am going to conclude here that the best remains GTB based on the contribution from people who replied to this thread. For me it took all most immediately. If you have all the necessary documentation in place.
Re: Do You Have A Domicillary Account? by naylove(m): 3:10pm On Oct 20, 2011
i do have a dom acct with GTB and to be honest. there was no hassle whatsoever in opening it. my only grouse is their charges when i wire money. but then i guess that obtains in most other banks too. so i recomend GT all da way. its basically the same rqmt as in opening a current account. at least last time i checked.
Re: Do You Have A Domicillary Account? by lagcity(m): 5:04pm On Oct 20, 2011
[size=14pt]abeg guys. how can i get one from yankee without going to naija?[/size]
Re: Do You Have A Domicillary Account? by ogedanny: 5:24pm On Oct 20, 2011
i am giving away free gold and stock account to Dom act holders, visit the link below for more Free info
Re: Do You Have A Domicillary Account? by ogbongzky(m): 5:53pm On Oct 20, 2011
I have a GTB US dollar dorm account and thats what am using to cash my adsense checks till today.

http://www.ogbongeblog.com/2009/12/how-to-open-domiciliary-account-in.html
Re: Do You Have A Domicillary Account? by Revolva(m): 5:55pm On Oct 20, 2011
Why does this have to be in NL front page, @poster which one con concern us if you get DOMI ACCOUNT,

(1) (2) (Reply)

6 Powerful Reasons Why All Business Startups Should Start Financial Planning / Quality Paints For Your Homes. / Paper Recycling Company In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.