Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,358 members, 7,780,972 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:39 AM

USA Or Canada - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Or Canada (1235 Views)

Britain Or Canada? / USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? / Would You Leave A Well Paying Job To Relocate To The U.S Or Canada? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

USA Or Canada by mimi234: 4:46pm On Oct 19, 2011
Hey guys,

I'm looking to do my masters next year in either the States or Canada,

Where do you think is best for me to do so, I'm looking to do masters in finance (or finance related like international business/economics etc). I'm ideally looking to relocate from the UK.

I'm aware that after studies in the states you can apply for the OPT for max 12months and from there if lucky your employer may file for H1B visa (i think thats what its called). However what are the chances/odds of that happening, i really don't wanna stay in the States for two years and then have to come back to the UK and look for a job cry

With Canada i'm aware that you can apply for work permit after your studies how long is the permit for?? As I am looking to get into finance, Canada isn't exactly the hub of the finance world, so i'm guessing whatever financial institutions they have there jobs will be very competitive as they may not be that many firms (not too sure if i'm right so correct me if i'm wrong  undecided)

Oh I ideally would like to stay around Washington, Philadelphia, Maryland area as I will not too near and not too far from ATL where my relations stay lol - I like having my own independence lol grin - Also I hopefully will have one year full-time work experience (which includes my admin work + summer internship) hence why i'm opting for masters not MBA

If you was given the opportunity where would you pick and why? I'm looking for cost of living, standard of living, just in general pro's and con's , if this has been discussed before pls refer me to the thread

(1) (Reply)

Studying In The UK Or Canada, Which Is Better? / Canada Fsw New Regulations ... Effective Jan 2013 / Israeli Visa (for Pilgrimage), Nigeria Or Kenya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.