Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,357 members, 7,808,241 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:16 AM

Credit Deduction On Glo Comonth - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Credit Deduction On Glo Comonth (14832 Views)

Glo Blackberry Comonth 3GB Slashed To 1GB / How To Cancel Etisalat Internet Daily Deduction / Glo Comonth On Laptop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Credit Deduction On Glo Comonth by donaemeka(m): 7:13am On Oct 20, 2011
Pls I need ur help guys. I use d glo CoMonth plan. Whenever I use the web browser or appworld to download, glo deducts all the credit I have.this is really annoying because I paid for internet services. I really need ur help guys, what do I do?
Re: Credit Deduction On Glo Comonth by Nobody: 7:58am On Oct 20, 2011
ur app world has bin compromised. .

Dlet it, rebooth. . . U*l see d icon. . Click on it and redownload again. . Workd 4 me.
Re: Credit Deduction On Glo Comonth by donaemeka(m): 9:06am On Oct 20, 2011
Sorry, but I think it also happens when I use my web browser too. I'l do what U said sha, thanks. I use 9700
Re: Credit Deduction On Glo Comonth by donaemeka(m): 11:12am On Oct 20, 2011
Dem just zap my 50 naira now. D stuff didn't work o
Re: Credit Deduction On Glo Comonth by Nobody: 12:45pm On Oct 20, 2011
donaemeka:

Dem just zap my 50 naira now. D stuff didn't work o

mine worked with mtn, okay lets see, what is ur phone model??

1 Like

Re: Credit Deduction On Glo Comonth by LordReed(m): 2:31pm On Oct 20, 2011
@donaemeka
Go to Settings>Advanced System Settings>TCP IP and uncheck the APN Settings Enabled
Re: Credit Deduction On Glo Comonth by donaemeka(m): 7:04am On Oct 21, 2011
Lord I'l do that. Thanks

Immanuel I told U na, its 9700 (bold 2)
Re: Credit Deduction On Glo Comonth by hooged: 7:28am On Oct 21, 2011
Lord_Reed:

@donaemeka
Go to Settings>Advanced System Settings>TCP IP and uncheck the APN Settings Enabled
The highlighted above will surely be of help make sure u untick APN .
Re: Credit Deduction On Glo Comonth by Nobody: 9:16am On Oct 21, 2011
Yeah Un-tick the APN, Then my friend CO-Month browsing doesn't work if his fone is on 0Naira, Whereas mine works perfectly fine at any amount, Y is that so?
Re: Credit Deduction On Glo Comonth by femionasan(m): 9:54am On Oct 21, 2011
I was told buy a glo customer service person that you must have at least N40 on your phone at every point in time for your BIS to work. Sometimes mine keeps working and sometimes when my credit falls below N40 it stops working.
Re: Credit Deduction On Glo Comonth by blank(f): 10:58am On Oct 21, 2011
What does unticking APN do?
Re: Credit Deduction On Glo Comonth by isarumah(m): 11:52am On Oct 21, 2011
As u have subscribed, dönt use glo default setting. Configure personal confgrtn with access point. Apn=gloflat, un=flat, pw=flat. Name the profile and activate as default for all apps. You subcrptn will now work. Glad to give u further asst.
Re: Credit Deduction On Glo Comonth by LordReed(m): 12:55pm On Oct 21, 2011
blank:

What does unticking APN do?

It forces apps to use the BIS. If you enable APN settings some apps will seek to connect using it thereby using up your credit.

femionasan:

I was told buy a glo customer service person that you must have at least N40 on your phone at every point in time for your BIS to work. Sometimes mine keeps working and sometimes when my credit falls below N40 it stops working.

Untrue. I use CoMonth and no such requirement goes on with my phone. I hardly use the phone to call so there's hardly credit on it most of the time yet I have no issues with browsing or pinging.

isarumah:

As u have subscribed, dönt use glo default setting. Configure personal confgrtn with access point. Apn=gloflat, un=flat, pw=flat. Name the profile and activate as default for all apps. You subcrptn will now work. Glad to give u further asst.

Configure the APN if you what to use apps like 2go but your regular browsing might eat into it too so be very mindful of that.
Re: Credit Deduction On Glo Comonth by Nobody: 1:54pm On Oct 21, 2011
@Op

I have been using glo for a long time until I switch over to MTN, but toady I am back with Glo.

Glo is very fond of pinching subscribers monies. I realized that the Comonth of a thing does not work on blackberry protect, other services are intact but the download privileges initially granted on first plan before this comonth of a thing had been slashed off by 65 - 70% on comonth. That's all I experience.

Bottom-line: But in order to be free of all this nonsense they are doing, get a separate Sim for your BIS subscription. so that once you load your BIS credit and subscribe they'll have nothing to steal, in fact someone notified me that when I am ready to renew my BIS I should ensure I have only 1500 in my phone, which I followed suit!

Cheers!
Re: Credit Deduction On Glo Comonth by chinnyonwu(m): 2:07pm On Oct 21, 2011
pls my youtube doesnt work with my bis, Keeps on tellin me error occured while trying to play media file, Is this normal?
Re: Credit Deduction On Glo Comonth by LordReed(m): 2:17pm On Oct 21, 2011
@Ranks007
You are very wrong. Blackberry Protect works perfectly on CoMonth. See Pix below. You need to check your settings well.
Re: Credit Deduction On Glo Comonth by LordReed(m): 2:34pm On Oct 21, 2011
chinnyonwu:

pls my youtube doesnt work with my bis, Keeps on tellin me error occured while trying to play media file, Is this normal?

If you click a link to watch a youtube video you will get that error message. Instead go to the youtube site on the native browser and search for the particular video. This way it works. Also check browser settings and make sure switching to carrier network for streaming media is not checked.
Re: Credit Deduction On Glo Comonth by Kwenku: 3:40pm On Oct 21, 2011
Go to Advanced Options on your phone then click on Browser. Ensure you changed your settings to Internet Browser. With this done, you won"t be charged for anything while surfing the net. It doesn't matter amount you have as balance.
Re: Credit Deduction On Glo Comonth by chinnyonwu(m): 5:03pm On Oct 21, 2011
Thanks,, just did all those but it aint still working, Does any body's youtube work with bis??
Lord_Reed:

If you click a link to watch a youtube video you will get that error message. Instead go to the youtube site on the native browser and search for the particular video. This way it works. Also check browser settings and make sure switching to carrier network for streaming media is not checked.
Re: Credit Deduction On Glo Comonth by LordReed(m): 6:14pm On Oct 21, 2011
My youtube works on Glo well. What OS and phone model are you using?
Re: Credit Deduction On Glo Comonth by chinnyonwu(m): 6:18pm On Oct 21, 2011
I use bb curve3. It used to work fine until my credit finished. I noticed that its d youtube dat zapped my 150 naira I had last as my balance as I didn't make any call. But rite now, I use tubidy.com to watch online videos.
Lord_Reed:

My youtube works on Glo well. What OS and phone model are you using?
Re: Credit Deduction On Glo Comonth by chinnyonwu(m): 6:21pm On Oct 21, 2011
And pls does any one know how to configure my glo bb curve 3 to browse with 2go??
Re: Credit Deduction On Glo Comonth by Kcwarren: 9:45pm On Oct 21, 2011
Help pls
My MTN bb doesn't accept other networks BIS!
Wana do Comonth but nothing is happening!
How do I go about this please
Re: Credit Deduction On Glo Comonth by scorpiogal(f): 11:44pm On Oct 21, 2011
Re: Credit Deduction On Glo Comonth by itsik(m): 1:14am On Oct 22, 2011
PLS FRIENDS, I NEED HELP HERE. MY BB, BOLD 2, DOESNT ALLOW ME TO DOWNLOAD. IMAGINE IT DOWNLOADING AT THE SPEED OF 2.1kb/s. 0R EVEN BELOW DAT. AND UPON THAT ONCE IT MANAGES TO GET TO LIKE 15% DOWNLOAD IT WILL JUST CANCEL ITSELF. THIS HAS BEEN HPPENING TO ME FOR THE PAST 2 TO 3 WEEKS NOW. PLS I NEED URGENT HELP. I LIKE DOWNLOADING THING LIKE SONGS AND VIDEOS BUT I CAN NO LONGER DO THAT. PLEASE BROTHERS AND SIS THEM HELP ME.

then for the people that said dat utube use to deduct their air time. i think its true. b4 u start viewing anythin on utube, there is this warning sort nof that appears on ur screen, like that there might be an extra cost for viewing the content and u say yes. so it will educt it. ur money.
Re: Credit Deduction On Glo Comonth by clip: 6:11am On Oct 22, 2011
If you get settings right. Glo is glowing on bis services
Re: Credit Deduction On Glo Comonth by etteorok(m): 11:14am On Oct 22, 2011
The information I get is my wireless service plan does not support blackberry protect. Have not been able to protect my device from glo Coweek, what do I do.
Re: Credit Deduction On Glo Comonth by Saipro(m): 11:42am On Oct 22, 2011
How so true! On a sister thread, I made mention of how my CoMonth doesn't stay connected long enough for meaningful use. My bro's own DOES browse - at the expense of his airtime. My sister's own keeps flicking between EDGE & 3G but NEVER browses. And I've MET so many people with similar woes. What can we do?!
Re: Credit Deduction On Glo Comonth by LordReed(m): 6:52pm On Oct 22, 2011
Saipro:

How so true! On a sister thread, I made mention of how my CoMonth doesn't stay connected long enough for meaningful use. My bro's own DOES browse - at the expense of his airtime. My sister's own keeps flicking between EDGE & 3G but NEVER browses. And I've MET so many people with similar woes. What can we do?!

Your issues may not be network related but settings related or even location related. As I type this I have EDGE on my phone and I just came from somewhere where I had 3G on my phone in this same Abuja. Your brother's browser is bypassing BIS and using direct TCP/IP check his browser settings. Your sister should reload the service books.
Re: Credit Deduction On Glo Comonth by walcolm(m): 9:19pm On Oct 22, 2011
donaemeka:

Pls I need your help guys. I use d glo CoMonth plan. Whenever I use the web browser or appworld to download, glo deducts all the credit I have.this is really annoying because I paid for internet services. I really need your help guys, what do I do?
i think the glo complete package is a mix of the other bb social packages.

the social packages do not allow you to download, so when you browse using your bb internet app, it counts as download and you are charged. same thing happens when you go to appworld and try to instal apps

the first social package allows you to chat and view your mails on the go while blocking social networking apps
the second package doesnt allow email but lets your social networking apps (facebook, twitter) to work as well as your IM apps

the complete package allows social networking, IM and 1 email to work

i dont think all that gist about enabling or disabling APN does anything for you
Re: Credit Deduction On Glo Comonth by walcolm(m): 9:23pm On Oct 22, 2011
Kcwarren:

Help pls
My MTN bb doesn't accept other networks BIS!
Wana do Comonth but nothing is happening!
How do I go about this please

MTN has locked your device to their network, you need to demand they release your BB PIN from their network so you can move away, if they refuse, threaten them with lawsuit, you paid full retail value for the device so they have no right to lock your pin to their network and refuse to release it on demand
Re: Credit Deduction On Glo Comonth by LordReed(m): 10:50pm On Oct 22, 2011
walcolm:

i think the glo complete package is a mix of the other bb social packages.

the social packages do not allow you to download, so when you browse using your bb internet app, it counts as download and you are charged. same thing happens when you go to appworld and try to instal apps

the first social package allows you to chat and view your mails on the go while blocking social networking apps
the second package doesnt allow email but lets your social networking apps (facebook, twitter) to work as well as your IM apps

the complete package allows social networking, IM and 1 email to work

i dont think all that gist about enabling or disabling APN does anything for you

Responding without knowledge is not good. I use Glo Comonth and i get full value for my money, browsing, watching youtube, downloading, etc I do all without a single extra kobo leaving my phone.

The fact is that RIM did not limit the operation of Blackberries to BIS/BES alone; if you choose not to use either you can still get online albeit you will miss out on their security and other features (BBM for example).

Anyone who has his/her credits being deducted is simply short changing his/her self. Its a very simple thing to check your settings and rectify especially is you use OS6.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tether Your Bb To Pc With 1k 3gb Glo Bis / Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages / The Most Likely Reason Why Ntel SIM Is Still Scarce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.