Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,290 members, 7,780,675 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:15 PM

Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? (6376 Views)

7 Types Of People In RELIGION SECTION / What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? / Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? by debosky(m): 2:55pm On Oct 20, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

Let me give you an example - I believe that the symbolic event of the curtain in the temple ripped in half after the resurrection means that the Holy Spirit or God's essence is freed upon humanity - no longer to be dished out piece-meal by anointed men of God, but to be accessed individually by everyone. some groups claim that you cannot ask for forgiveness from God by yourself but must do so through an intercessor who is as human as you and in some cases, less morally upstanding than you. (an ill-conceived misconception from not having all the facts). call me a doubting thomas. i must see to believe however it does not mean I do not keep an open mind.

I see - in your case I understand your motives.
Re: Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? by jayriginal: 3:42pm On Oct 20, 2011
debosky:

You left because one of your cornerstones (plants coming before the sun) was blown to smithereens by the existence of light before plants according to Genesis.

This is simply not true. I followed the debate. Let me give the exchange here (in sequence) as it pertains to the issue of plants coming before the sun.

thehomer:

e.g there were plants before the sun was available. How do you explain such a sequence of occurrences?

debosky:

I can't definitively answer this question.

thehomer:

Why not? The Bible gives a definite answer. Do you not believe the answer in the Bible?

debosky:

The bible does not explain why the plants were recorded in the creation account before the sun's mention. If it's not specifically in the bible, I can't explain the reason why it's thus recorded.

thehomer:

Do you think there were plants before the sun? I'm not asking why but whether you think it happened.

debosky:

It depends - Genesis said light was created before the plants, so it is possible that the later verses just explained what light was created initially by God. I don't know what happened.

thehomer:

No, it talks about some other light and later explicitly states that the sun was created. Is it possible that there are other sources of light. Claiming you don't know what happened doesn't get you off because I'm asking what you think about the plants and the sun. Which of them came first?

debosky:

If the ‘other light’ could generate photons required for photosynthesis by plants, then it renders the question of which came first irrelevant. In any case, without being present at creation, I can only speculate. What I think is not rof the essence here as it doesn't change what happened at the beginning.

thehomer:

Now you're just making things up trying to force reality to fit your Bible. That is a terrible approach to knowledge. Sure what you think doesn't change what happened but it goes a long way in showing what you believe and why. And that is important if we're to have any serious discussion.

debosky:

What did I make up? Did the bible not talk about light being created before the plants?  Are photons not the basic unit of light and the requirement for photosynthesis? Just what part did I make up? I'm not forcing any reality into anything - the bible explicitly talks about light existing before plants.

thehomer:

You're forcing reality to fit the Bible. What was the source of this light with photons? You see, you're unable to tell fact from fiction as you've just demonstrated.

debosky:

I’m struggling to see how I am forcing anything. The bible mentions light was in existence before plants, I didn’t make that up.

thehomer:

I don't see any reason why I should continue this discussion with you since you've made up your mind to believe whatever is in the Bible. If you're unable to tell fact from fiction in the Bible, then how will you be able to come to understand the actual origins of man without using myths?

Good luck with your Bible based thinking.

debosky:

I have stated this from my very first post - the bible's account of God creating man is what I believe. If you didn't accept that, why engage in this long winded discussion about inferences and the like?

How you can now claim to have blown anything to smithereens is beyond me, especially seeing that thehomer gave you ample room to wriggle in by telling you about other lights before the sun.
Facts are sacred !
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-766089.96.html
Re: Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? by Enigma(m): 3:54pm On Oct 20, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

Let me give you an example - I believe that the symbolic event of the curtain in the temple ripped in half after the resurrection means that the Holy Spirit or God's essence is freed upon humanity - no longer to be dished out piece-meal by anointed men of God, but to be accessed individually by everyone. some groups claim that you cannot ask for forgiveness from God by yourself but must do so through an intercessor who is as human as you and in some cases, less morally upstanding than you. (an ill-conceived misconception from not having all the facts). call me a doubting thomas. i must see to believe however it does not mean I do not keep an open mind.

But are you not indirectly saying that you accept what the Bible says - at least about the death and resurrection of Jesus?

PS: mind, the curtain was ripped in half upon the death of Jesus not after his resurrection in fact, according to Bible
Re: Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? by zataxs: 4:04pm On Oct 20, 2011
in other words Enigma you are saying,
Oh atheists, let us rape small boys in church in peace! you know like they do in the catholic church
Let's strap ourselves with bombs and let's blow up people in the name of God and give us the freedom to do this
You are asking as to let you burn and kill children who you claim are witches,
come on!
Re: Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? by debosky(m): 4:12pm On Oct 20, 2011
jayriginal:

This is simply not true. I followed the debate. Let me give the exchange here (in sequence) as it pertains to the issue of plants coming before the sun.

How you can now claim to have blown anything to smithereens is beyond me, especially seeing that thehomer gave you ample room to wriggle in by telling you about other lights before the sun.
Facts are sacred !

In your own sequence I was the one that mentioned the other lights first, so who gave who wiggle room? The fact was that homer had overlooked the mention of other lights and focused solely on the seeming 'plants before the sun' issue. The fact that light was created before the plants renders the argument moot - the light could have been the sun but only mentioned/described subsequently. Even if it wasn't, there was a source of photons (i.e light) which would permit plants to photosynthesize so the issue of sun before plants or vice versa becomes irrelevant.

Facts are indeed sacred - what you need is a source of photons, not the sun for plants to photosynthesize.

While I did not explain the sequence of events, I did not have to - the existence of light before plants is all that is required, be it the sun or some 'other light'.
Re: Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? by thehomer: 4:19pm On Oct 20, 2011
jayriginal:

. . . .

Facts are sacred !

Wow. Thanks a lot. I didn't even know I spent that much time on it. I must have really had strong hopes of enlightenment on that thread.
Re: Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? by thehomer: 4:22pm On Oct 20, 2011
debosky:

In your own sequence I was the one that mentioned the other lights first, so who gave who wiggle room? The fact was that homer had overlooked the mention of other lights and focused solely on the seeming 'plants before the sun' issue. The fact that light was created before the plants renders the argument moot - the light could have been the sun but only mentioned/described subsequently. Even if it wasn't, there was a source of photons (i.e light) which would permit plants to photosynthesize so the issue of sun before plants or vice versa becomes irrelevant.

Facts are indeed sacred - what you need is a source of photons, not the sun for plants to photosynthesize.

While I did not explain the sequence of events, I did not have to - the existence of light before plants is all that is required, be it the sun or some 'other light'.

Where was this other light from? Where did it go?
You see, you simply believe it because it is written in the Bible therefore it must be true yet you think this makes the Bible free from criticism?
You don't need just any photons but you need light of certain wavelengths and such light is produced by certain types of bodies like the sun. This is why I said you're forcing reality to fit your Bible rather than carefully considering the veracity and plausibility of what is written in it.
Re: Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? by debosky(m): 4:46pm On Oct 20, 2011
thehomer:

Where was this other light from? Where did it go?
You see, you simply believe it because it is written in the Bible therefore it must be true yet you think this makes the Bible free from criticism?

Not in the least - but in the same vein, being written in the bible does not make it false either.

You don't need just any photons but you need light of certain wavelengths and such light is produced by certain types of bodies like the sun. This is why I said you're forcing reality to fit your Bible rather than carefully considering the veracity and plausibility of what is written in it.

I don't disagree with the photons and wavelengths requirement, but since the bible is silent on the wavelength and photon characteristics of light created, you cannot conclude that it was unable to support photosynthesis. Besides, the latter mention of the sun may have been an elaboration on the light created in the earlier verse, but I am not certain of this. That is why I said I cannot answer the question definitively.

it is entirely plausible that the sun was created beforehand (and just called light), so there is no force-fitting involved here. Without a definitive explanation of what this previous light was, we can't conclude either way so the possibility remains.

In scientific parlance, when the evidence does not preclude a hypothesis being valid, then it can't be discarded.
Re: Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? by thehomer: 5:01pm On Oct 20, 2011
debosky:

Not in the least - but in the same vein, being written in the bible does not make it false either.

Of course. But since you seem unable to tell whether what is written in the Bible is fact or fiction, you simply accept whatever is written in it as true.

debosky:

I don't disagree with the photons and wavelengths requirement, but since the bible is silent on the wavelength and photon characteristics of light created, you cannot conclude that it was unable to support photosynthesis. Besides, the latter mention of the sun may have been an elaboration on the light created in the earlier verse, but I am not certain of this. That is why I said I cannot answer the question definitively.

it is entirely plausible that the sun was created beforehand (and just called light), so there is no force-fitting involved here. Without a definitive explanation of what this previous light was, we can't conclude either way so the possibility remains.

In scientific parlance, when the evidence does not preclude a hypothesis being valid, then it can't be discarded.

So God created the sun twice? Or was it two suns? Or did he forget about he first sun he created? This is what I mean by you forcing reality to fit your Bible because you cannot tell that those stories were simply ancient myths that were collected at a time of ignorance.

Any way, in order not to derail this thread, I'll stop here. If it cannot even occur to you that the Bible is wrong on such basic scientific information, I have no choice but to conclude that you're unable to tell fact from myth.
Re: Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? by jayriginal: 5:27pm On Oct 20, 2011
debosky:

Yeah I concede that point. Apologies are due. I was juggling too many things in the office to concentrate. Still, I do not see how you can claim from that exchange to have demolished anything. Even you agree that you arent certain and cannot answer definitively.
debosky:

thehomer:

Wow. Thanks a lot. I didn't even know I spent that much time on it. I must have really had strong hopes of enlightenment on that thread.
smiley
Re: Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? by debosky(m): 6:59pm On Oct 20, 2011
thehomer:

Of course. But since you seem unable to tell whether what is written in the Bible is fact or fiction, you simply accept whatever is written in it as true.

And you've provided nothing to disprove the accounts - the burden of proof is on you to point out the fact or fiction I am unable to distinguish.

So God created the sun twice? Or was it two suns? Or did he forget about he first sun he created? This is what I mean by you forcing reality to fit your Bible because you cannot tell that those stories were simply ancient myths that were collected at a time of ignorance.

Light was created and could be the sun but does not have to be. The bible is not explicit on whether they are one and the same, so I cannot conclude either way.

I am not forcing anything into the bible, the issue here is how literal a reading do you want to make and whether there is sufficient information to definitively discard or conclude a hypothesis is true.

Any way, in order not to derail this thread, I'll stop here. If it cannot even occur to you that the Bible is wrong on such basic scientific information, I have no choice but to conclude that you're unable to tell fact from myth.

If you can prove conclusively that the bible is wrong, then let me hear the argument - to glibly say the bible is wrong means absolutely nothing. Besides, as I mentioned many times previously, the aim of the bible is not to be a precise scientific manual, but to reveal that God created the earth - that's why it doesn't go into details about the photons and wavelength requirements for photosynthesis, or about mitochondria or about alleles.
Re: Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? by Nobody: 7:32pm On Oct 20, 2011
The question still remains unanswered , Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? grin
Re: Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? by debosky(m): 7:34pm On Oct 20, 2011
frosbel:

The question still remains unanswered , Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? grin

To repeat ad nauseam that I can't tell the different between facts and myths. grin
Re: Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:40pm On Oct 20, 2011
Enigma:

But are you not indirectly saying that you accept what the Bible says - at least about the death and resurrection of Jesus?

PS: mind, the curtain was ripped in half upon the death of Jesus not after his resurrection in fact, according to Bible

It has been a long while since i last re-read the bible - I stand corrected. the point is Salvation is Free for the asking, It is suspect when some MOG says he forgives you on God's behalf or actually does it himself. I have issues with that. Law and Grace are 2 different eras, some Christians mix and match OT Law and NT Grace to suit ends that are suspect. fortunately I don't believe anything I hear until i have the opportunity to know it for myself.
Re: Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Oct 20, 2011
@ lagerwhenindoubt

@OP. I think it is becoming worrisome that Religious folks will dedicate so much energy discussing atheism and its qualities in the most purile manner.

I'm not sure you understand what you just wrote here. the section clearly reads - "RELIGION" . . . why then are you surprised to find religious people there? If at all you worry so much about the amount of energy religious folk dedicate to debating atheists i believe the RIGHT question to ask is what the OP is asserting - why do atheists spend so much energy getting involved in a cause they do not believe in? Virtually 9 in 10 atheists here post exclusively in the religion section . . . why?

I thought the scriptural injunction and foremost on the minds of religious christian folks is spreading the message of Salvation, Love and Brotherhood. Letting their light so shine before men that they may see their good works and glorify God.

atheists are either confused or double-tongued snakes. On one hand lagerwhenindoubt says we should follow God's injunctions to spread the message of salvation (which we do here faithfully until atheists come around to DELIBERATELY over-run the threads) . . . on the other hand mazaje, riff-raff, harakiri and co COMPLAIN night and day about how christians doing the very same thing lagerwhenindoubt advocates here is synonymous with intolerance and "pushing" the bible in their faces.

Religious folks do not honor God by engaging is so much idle banter that it has now become a breakfast item for christians on NL. I think it has become a psychotic behavior that implies a much deeper underlying problem - ADDICTION to ATHEISM.

The section again is the religious section so we are rightfully were we belong. the question is whether atheists themselves are addicted to theism that they so much claim to despise. Like debosky said . . . do you query homos[i]e[/i]xuals for going to man-lover bars? Rather arent you more worried about so-called straight men who visit man-lover bars?

For Religious folks who feel the obligation to free Atheists from their debauched state,  please seek medical and psychological attention in earnest before it develops into a Cult problem

i think you would have been taken more seriously if this section had read "atheists only".
Re: Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? by Nobody: 7:43pm On Oct 20, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

It has been a long while since i last re-read the bible - I stand corrected. the point is Salvation is Free for the asking, It is suspect when some MOG says he forgives you on God's behalf or actually does it himself. I have issues with that. Law and Grace are 2 different eras, some Christians mix and match OT Law and NT Grace to suit ends that are suspect. fortunately I don't believe anything I hear until i have the opportunity to know it for myself.

But this is not biblical, I am certain no one has portrayed this impression on Nairaland of the gospel !
Re: Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? by Nobody: 7:43pm On Oct 20, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

It has been a long while since i last re-read the bible - I stand corrected. the point is Salvation is Free for the asking, It is suspect when some MOG says he forgives you on God's behalf or actually does it himself. I have issues with that. Law and Grace are 2 different eras, some Christians mix and match OT Law and NT Grace to suit ends that are suspect. fortunately[b] I don't believe anything I hear until i have the opportunity to know it for myself. [/b]

that there is a contradiction. You want the opportunity to study things for yourself but refuse to read the bible in a long while?
Re: Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? by Nobody: 7:46pm On Oct 20, 2011
davidylan:

that there is a contradiction. You want the opportunity to study things for yourself[b] but refuse to read the bible in a long while[/b]?

grin grin

He confused me from the start of the thread !!
Re: Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 8:02pm On Oct 20, 2011
@frosbel and davidylan  grin  grin you guys are priceless. I have no liver for arguments raised from warping my posts with your "confused" interpretation. you can carry on with the Christians vs. others roforofo fight. your time
Re: Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? by Nobody: 8:04pm On Oct 20, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

@frosbel and davidylan  grin  grin you guys are priceless. I have no liver for arguments raised from warping my posts with your "confused" interpretation.

I'm positive that i have not warped your posts neither have i made a confused interpretation of it. You said - @OP. I think it is becoming worrisome that Religious folks will dedicate so much energy discussing atheism and its qualities in the most purile manner.

This is quite a senseless statement . . . for the very simple fact that the title of the section reads - RELIGION. Now what is an atheist like you doing here?
Majority of the threads that have devolved to theism vs atheism "debates" were largely started desiring input from christians ONLY. A very good example is the "testimonies only" thread which had to be actively cleaned up by the mods here after it was invaded by atheists who then turn around to shed crocodile tears about theists expending energy on atheists? Really?
Re: Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? by Enigma(m): 8:10pm On Oct 20, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

I agree salvation is free and I also detest the role that fraudulent or misguided "MOGs" arrogate for themselves.

However, my point is about your opinion that the death of Jesus and the tearing of the veil grants us greater access to the Holy One. My point though is that for one who is not a Christian (I believe this is what you say of yourself), you are accepting what the Bible says at least about the events surrounding the death of Jesus. In fact, if you think about it properly, it means that you are accepting quite a lot - a lot a lot a lot - of what the Bible says. My probing was to discover if you were conscious and aware of this. smiley
Re: Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? by JeSoul(f): 8:14pm On Oct 20, 2011
Enigma:

I agree salvation is free and I also detest the role that fraudulent or misguided "MOGs" arrogate for themselves.

However, my point is about your opinion that the death of Jesus and the tearing of the veil grants us greater access to the Holy One. My point though is that for one who is not a Christian (I believe this is what you say of yourself), you are accepting what the Bible says at least about the events surrounding the death of Jesus. In fact, if you think about it properly, it means that you are accepting quite a lot - a lot a lot a lot - of what the Bible says. My probing was to discover if you were conscious and aware of this. smiley

^haha. Which is why I said earlier than LG does not fit at all into the category of this thread.

I was going to jump on his bit about the rending of the curtain and his 'christian' interpretation of it before you beat me to it smiley.
Re: Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 8:45pm On Oct 20, 2011
JeSoul:

^haha. Which is why I said earlier than LG does not fit at all into the category of this thread.

I was going to jump on his bit about the rending of the curtain and his 'christian' interpretation of it before you beat me to it smiley.

You must have confused me for an atheist  grin perhaps my tone has something to do with it. maybe i can jog you memories a bit.

For Christians - How Does Faith Work? Can It Be Proven
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-577028.0.html

Why Did God Need To Write The 10 Commandments
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-564882.0.html

Scriptural Abuse By Christians? Touch Not My Anointed And Others
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-294454.0.html

How Will You Know Your Sins Are Forgiven? answering some Christian's question  grin
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-650113.0.html

The Assumption Of Mary - Satisfactory Answer Needed From A Devout Catholic
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-497592.0.html

In a theist vs. atheist thread, you will surely find me asking atheist-type questions. grin this is because a lot of Christians are not watchful and end up in a position where they start to defend against atheists challenges using atheists attacks grin. examples are littered everywhere on NL
Re: Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:09pm On Oct 20, 2011
davidylan:

I'm positive that i have not warped your posts neither have i made a confused interpretation of it. You said - @OP. I think it is becoming worrisome that Religious folks will dedicate so much energy discussing atheism and its qualities in the most purile manner.

This is quite a senseless statement . . . for the very simple fact that the title of the section reads - RELIGION. Now what is an atheist like you doing here?
Majority of the threads that have devolved to theism vs atheism "debates" were largely started desiring input from christians ONLY. A very good example is the "testimonies only" thread which had to be actively cleaned up by the mods here after it was invaded by atheists who then turn around to shed crocodile tears about theists expending energy on atheists? Really?

You must have me confused with one of your numerous atheists friends - Please tell (I am a novice) what is Religion about - really?
Re: Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? by Nobody: 9:53pm On Oct 20, 2011
U assume that. Maybe the questions pop up on the home page or twitter.
Re: Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? by JeSoul(f): 9:55pm On Oct 20, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

You must have confused me for an atheist  grin perhaps my tone has something to do with it. maybe i can jog you memories a bit.

For Christians - How Does Faith Work? Can It Be Proven
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-577028.0.html

Why Did God Need To Write The 10 Commandments
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-564882.0.html

Scriptural Abuse By Christians? Touch Not My Anointed And Others
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-294454.0.html

How Will You Know Your Sins Are Forgiven? answering some Christian's question  grin
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-650113.0.html

The Assumption Of Mary - Satisfactory Answer Needed From A Devout Catholic
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-497592.0.html

In a theist vs. atheist thread, you will surely find me asking atheist-type questions. grin this is because a lot of Christians are not watchful and end up in a position where they start to defend against atheists challenges using atheists attacks grin. examples are littered everywhere on NL
 Lol. Actually, I have not once confused you for an atheist. I've seen you play devil's advocate on an occasion or two to spice up discussions - kinda like you started on this thread and my initial statement that you do not fall into this category smiley. You're much too cool to be an atheist jor  cheesy
Re: Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Oct 20, 2011
Lmao. See esa. Too cool to be an atheist. Rubbish. I laugh in tongues.
Re: Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? by rgp922: 9:59pm On Oct 20, 2011
Cause we can?  cool umad?
Re: Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? by Enigma(m): 10:04pm On Oct 20, 2011
JeSoul:

Lol. Actually, I have not once confused you for an atheist. I've seen you play devil's advocate on an occasion or two . . .

Actually, I believe I've actually seen him do more than just play devil's advocate on occasion. smiley
Re: Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? by Nobody: 10:43pm On Oct 20, 2011
meeehhn. sleep is worrying me seriously but when  i saw this topic on the home page i had to pop in, to read through. it gladdens my heart to read the posts of the likes of davidylan, justcool and especially debosky who have ample knowledge about God's existence, the bible and science. I laughed reading the pathetic attempt of my atheist friend jayriginal to defend what cannot be defended. The debate debosky had with the atheist was followed by both the theists and the atheists on Nl as well as other guest. its very clear the intentions of the other party and the way the subject would have been tactically changed if not for the consciousness of debosky. its obvious that we now know the intentions of most atheists here are just to cause confusion, incite and make mockery with little substance to add to a good discussion. I rest my case.

In response to the topic, they are here to preach to us and evangelize the non existence of a god so that we can abandon our belief and take up their own belief in the non existence of a God
Re: Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? by Nobody: 11:22pm On Oct 20, 2011
Rubbish. Only a atheist nazi cares about converting u. Religion is ur own private belief. I simply do not want it shoved down my throat or used to dictate my life. Much like u Jesus Freaks do not want to be subject to sharia.
Re: Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? by Nobody: 11:33pm On Oct 20, 2011
madam, thats what u think. pls go to page 1 of this thread and read post #24 from an atheist, addressing why non believers are posting here. Now madam u will consider your self a non believer so we are told that non believers are here to tell us or educate us on the reason(s) why we shouldnt hold on to such absurd beliefs. On the Other hand, the theists too does the same in the religion section, trying to tell the non believers reasons why they shouldnt hold on to such absurd belief that theres no God. ma, i amy be correct that we are all evangelist with different messages cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ignore Everything I Have Been Saying All These Months. The Bottomline Is / Do You Still Take Your Bible To Church? / When God Calls You I

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.