Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,717 members, 7,805,953 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:04 AM

Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? (6384 Views)

7 Types Of People In RELIGION SECTION / What Nigerians Think Of People Who Do NOT Believe In God? / Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? by EvilBrain1(m): 11:43pm On Oct 20, 2011
This topic stu.pid. Just because I don't agree with most people's religious views doesn't mean I can't talk about them. That's like saying Jehovah's Witnesses shouldn't visit the Politics section.

OP is being re.tarded as usual. Nonsense!
Re: Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? by Nobody: 11:57pm On Oct 20, 2011
coming from frosbel. . .

Personally, I wouldn't go to an atheist forum to "push" my beliefs on anyone. I think that's what some of us don't understand. Why visit a forum about belief systems, when you don't believe in religion? Of course that's your right, but I for one, don't understand it.

We did have one poster a while back who admitted to being on here just to plant seeds of disbelief in others. There are also many wonderful posters here who discuss faith/religion intelligently and politely.

But why come on here or any other religion forum if you are just bashing and do not believe in GOD.

Why not ask the unbiased ( Grin ) moderators to provide you with your own section.

I can recommend some titles for your section, god haters pad or sect for non-believers etc .

Comments from the sensible ONLY will be much appreciated.

can anyone tell me why this hypocrite visits Islam for muslims?
Re: Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? by JeSoul(f): 12:32am On Oct 21, 2011
ATLgal:

Lmao. See esa. Too cool to be an atheist. Rubbish. I laugh in tongues.

^Haha. My point just perfectly illustrated. The average NL atheist is belligerent, on the offensive and always seems angry, with a need to bash and denigrate religious people.

Lagerwhenindoubt is 'cool' in the sense his posts are not 'angry' and hence cannot be a typical NL atheist . . . unlike some people who know& have already exposed themselves  cool
Re: Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? by Nobody: 12:54am On Oct 21, 2011
ohhh u got me there, now go collect money from gtb with am undecided
Re: Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? by pkv(m): 1:08am On Oct 21, 2011
Some of u guys argue lyk unbelivers.no different 4rm d athiest, immature hypocrites!hissss!
Re: Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? by kabukabu50(m): 1:34am On Oct 21, 2011
OP,this is a sorry excuse for a post, I hope you lock yourself in a garage with the engine running. grin
Re: Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? by DExplorer1: 1:44am On Oct 21, 2011
Re: Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? by logica(m): 2:33am On Oct 21, 2011
LOL. So we revert to the typical *whine* Why are they bothering us *whine* when all fails. *whine* Why is everybody picking on the poor religious people ehn? Leave them in peace naw! *whine*
Re: Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? by Nobody: 2:52am On Oct 21, 2011
The religious section would be boring without the atheists. They provide the loyal opposition.
Re: Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? by Nobody: 2:53am On Oct 21, 2011
The religious section would be boring without the atheists. They provide the loyal opposition.
Re: Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? by mployer(m): 4:33am On Oct 21, 2011
I disagree - people visiting a religion forum presupposes some interest in religion - if you don't believe in religion in the first place, it is a bit odd to find atheists spending so much time there.

It's like finding a straight guy always visiting Same-sex bars. . . .he is either not being honest with himself or he has some ulterior motive. Grin

I'm loving this statement grin
Re: Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? by hercules07: 6:51am On Oct 21, 2011
This is a board to discuss religion, anybody and everybody is allowed to visit, be it the Christian, Muslim, atheist, sango worshipper, ogun worshipper, this board is to discuss religion not to propagate it, so, an atheist can come here to take pops at Chrisitians and Muslims, a Christian can come here to discuss with fellow Christians and to bash atheists and others, I do not think the OP's question is really necessary, frosbel does not represent the christian community well at all, his posts are full of hatred something Christ was not known for.
Re: Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? by Nobody: 7:37am On Oct 21, 2011
The question hardly makes sense, my bet! It raises d same themes as "why do g/ays engage in romance? Isn't that exclusive 2 boy/girls?". Dumb question indeed. The religious section in nl encompasses a wide range of themes, which necessarily include scientific arguments against religion. In addition, the section is no less the terrain of muslims than it is that of christians or buddhists or whoever. . .
Re: Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? by mecussey(m): 8:01am On Oct 21, 2011
op this is ur answer,

i think honest atheists are simply people who wants to see reasons or evidence to qualify or believe something. They come to this section to see more reasons why they have to believe in our God or any, since science has no clear evidence on how life came to be. Sadly, they may never see what they are looking for because, God won't stoop so low.
Re: Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? by Nobody: 8:34am On Oct 21, 2011
People who say dis thread is a dumb one,y'all should be flogged,hanged,flogged,buried and flogged again, this question is a nice one.kuddos to the poster, atheists ve got numerous reasons of visiting dis section,of which one is to confirm whether those who say they re deep-rooted in their religion,are! those foolish one's who claim to deeply rooted in their respective religions not knowing dis, emit their decayed attitude and all their grilled brains spit out is nonsense!ATHESIST ALSO VISIT THIS SECTION BECAUSE THEY WANT TO BE GIVEN A REASON WHY THEY SHOULD BELIEVE IN A RELIGION WHICH CLEARLY THEY DONT SEE BECAUSE of THE HIGH RATE OF MORAL DECADENCE PRESENT AMONG THOSE WHO SAY THEY BELIEVE IN ONE RELIGION, this gives em more reason to remain where they re!it's a pity dat guys here aren't witty enough to know that what we do here,atrocity!doesnt tell good on our identity! angry[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? by Eltonluigi(m): 8:55am On Oct 21, 2011
Atheists aren't the ones bombing places in the name of God or the preists that are molesting kids,I think they often come here to check on how you religious people are thinking so as to step up their game, don't hate on my opinion please!
Re: Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? by zataxs: 8:56am On Oct 21, 2011
@Captain Cids @mecussey @m-ployer @JeSoul

if your religious folks were not molesting young boys in church, and blowing yourself and many innocent people with suicide bombs.

Religious are all over our space, trying to invade our science classes with ID crap, they are over the streets killing same sex lovers, blocking stem cell research, advocating for bombing and invading of countries without any basis, are obsessing over patches of land that they claim are sacred and directly coming in the way of development and progress.

Yet when there is progress in science, the religious are the first ones to take credit. When  someone is healed in hospital you say it is God.
We are here to remind you it is the doctor. It is the drug. It is the study of evolution to understand how organisms mutate that's what treats diseases. It is science.

So the right question here should be,

Why do religious fanatics come to public places and start shooting innocent people since they believe in peace?
Re: Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? by Nobody: 9:09am On Oct 21, 2011
There are also many wonderful posters here who discuss faith/religion intelligently.

But there is a particular breed of atheists , you know the ones that remind you of Stalin , who want to abolish the teaching of creation in schools, prevent parents from training their children in godly ways and who delight in outright attacks on GOD . These ones are not here to learn !!

And for all those accusing me of hatred, go to ISLAMIC or COMMUNIST countries to see what real hatred is. The hatred that takes away the lives of hundreds of thousands of innocent lives on a yearly basis.

We are simply here, loving , exhorting , rebuking and exposing.

All well meaning atheists are welcome, but the militant atheists, please go away !!!!
Re: Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? by Enigma(m): 9:15am On Oct 21, 2011
^^^ In every day life we have dealings each day with atheists. Amicable, no friction; some we can even call friends.

The problem is with the evangelical atheist, usually ignorant and dishonest and maybe also suffering some kind of angst, who comes fulminating out of his ignorance and dishonesty. They then get angry and petulant when their conceit is punctured and they get shown up for the dumbasses that they are for the most part.

cool
Re: Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? by Jenwitemi(m): 11:37am On Oct 21, 2011
Why, you ask? Because opposites attract. If atheists are to get their own forum, theists like you would flock the place like bees after honey. Theists(religionists) and atheists need each other to uphold their adopted identities. They both draw energy from each other's presence. wink smiley
Personally, I wouldn't go to an atheist forum to "push" my beliefs on anyone. I think that's what some of us don't understand. Why visit a forum about belief systems, when you don't believe in religion? Of course that's your right, but I for one, don't understand it.

We did have one poster a while back who admitted to being on here just to plant seeds of disbelief in others. There are also many wonderful posters here who discuss faith/religion intelligently and politely.

But why come on here or any other religion forum if you are just bashing and do not believe in GOD.

Why not ask the unbiased (   ) moderators to provide you with your own section.

I can recommend some titles for your section, god haters pad or sect for non-believers etc .

Comments from the sensible ONLY will be much appreciated.
Re: Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? by stildude(m): 1:08pm On Oct 21, 2011
To all those atheists especially naija fols who come to christian fora looking for a fight. co'mon don't you know that most atheists became one opeonly (even though otherwise secretly) cos of issues they have with God concerning some misfortunes in their lives. They don't believe in God, Yet they blame God for the circumstances of their lives. Others, mostly Whites, don't want to accept the fact that the black man, asians, and other came from the same human root as the 'precious' white man. some of the foremost atheists were german and Russian scholars who I think didn't want to accept the fact that all races have the same forefathers becos they upheld the superiority of the man man. Yet we have Naija folks feeling educated by slamming anything that has a God sticker on it. I will put up a few quotes for your digest= ''Even the most admirable of atheists is nothing more than a moral parasite, living his life based on borrowed ethics. This is why, when pressed, the atheist will often attempt to hide his lack of conviction in his own beliefs behind some poorly formulated utilitarianism, or argue that he acts out of altruistic self-interest. But this is only post-facto rationalization, not reason or rational behavior''. -Vox Day ; ''I can see how it might be possible for a man to look down upon the earth and be an atheist, but I cannot conceive how he could look up into the heavens and say there is no God''.-Abraham Lincoln ; ''A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion''. -Francis Bacon ; ''God will not take shelter behind a jugglery of logic or metaphysics. He is neither a schoolman nor theologian, but our Father in Heaven''. –George MacDonald; ''According to the teaching of our Lord, what is wrong with the world is precisely that it does not believe in God. Yet it is clear that the unbelief which he so bitterly deplored was not an intellectual persuasion of God’s non-existence. Those whom he rebuked for their lack of faith were not men who denied God with the top of their minds, but men who, while apparently incapable of doubting him with the top of their minds, lived as though he did not exist''. -John Baillie lastly this : ''You think you are too intelligent to believe in God. I am not like you''. -Napoleon Bonaparte
Re: Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? by Nobody: 1:31pm On Oct 21, 2011
Tobi
Surely u jest. U don't really consider a whole group as monolithic? Just like Frosbel does not speak for the entire crazy segment of christianhood.
Re: Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? by begwong: 1:39pm On Oct 21, 2011
atheist are searching for membership hence poke-nosing their arsses in rel section. sad sad
Re: Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Oct 21, 2011
Atheists gets infamous for bashing God Almighty,

And people who bashes Satan aren't because the world thinks its irrelevant,

What is the English word for folks who don't believe in Satan?
Re: Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 2:42pm On Oct 21, 2011
Ranks007:

Atheists gets infamous for bashing God Almighty,
And people who bashes Satan aren't because the world thinks its irrelevant,
What is the English word for folks who don't believe in Satan?

Tree-huggers grin
Re: Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Oct 21, 2011
Atheist. They don't believe in any imaginary entities. Unicorns included. Nice try though.
Re: Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Oct 21, 2011
ATLgal:

Atheist. They don't believe in any imaginary entities. Unicorns included. Nice try though.

Imaginary fairies do exist though, hahaha grin
Re: Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? by Konjour(m): 2:48pm On Oct 21, 2011
3 pages,and i'm yet to find a direct response borne out of "logic". Its funny i once saw of these NL "evangelical" atheists posting

explicitly about how some advanced forms of surreal Magic is real,and he was still hinging his disbelief about God on lack of "logic". grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? by Ishilove: 3:33pm On Oct 21, 2011
frosbel:

There are also many wonderful posters here who discuss faith/religion intelligently.

But there is a particular breed of atheists , you know the ones that remind you of Stalin , who want to abolish the teaching of creation in schools, prevent parents from training their children in godly ways and who delight in outright attacks on GOD . These ones are not here to learn !!

And for all those accusing me of hatred, go to ISLAMIC or COMMUNIST countries to see what real hatred is. The hatred that takes away the lives of hundreds of thousands of innocent lives on a yearly basis.

All well meaning atheists are welcome, but the militant atheists, please go away !!!!
Frosbel,u a gaaaaangsterr . . . Twale baba!! I am loyal. Rotflmao!!! :-D
Re: Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? by Ishilove: 3:34pm On Oct 21, 2011
frosbel:

Frosbel,u a gaaaaangsterr . . . Twale baba!! I am loyal. Rotflmao!!! :-D
Re: Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? by Ishilove: 3:41pm On Oct 21, 2011
ATLgal:

Tobi
Surely u jest. U don't really consider a whole group as monolithic? Just like Frosbel does not speak for the entire crazy segment of christianhood.
Now THIS cracked me up entirely. I am so loving this thread :-D
Re: Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? by Nobody: 3:42pm On Oct 21, 2011

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Historically Analyzing The Crucifixtion And Resurrection Claim. / God,Allah Do We All Serve Same God? / Why Islam Say Kill Infidels

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.