Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,413 members, 7,808,473 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:28 PM

Current Prices Of Building Materials In Nigeria - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Current Prices Of Building Materials In Nigeria (813754 Views)

Current Prices Of Roofing Sheet In Nigeria / I need the current prices for windows+doors in Lagos pls. / What Are The Current Prices Of Building Materials In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (91) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Current Prices Of Building Materials In Nigeria by oyewole123: 11:30am On Sep 11, 2012
@ brabus
Thanks for the response
Sorry for leaving room for a guess work
The answer to ur Question is all rooms are of standard sizes and all ensuite as well
Does the 360k estimate covers per room or flat plastering??
Does that include internal and external plastering as well??
Pls kindly send your response to my email leaving ur contact details as well, I may have to contact you for ur service if the price is affordable
Email- jimmyakins@ymail. com
Awaiting ur response
Thanks
Re: Current Prices Of Building Materials In Nigeria by brabus(m): 2:43pm On Sep 11, 2012
oyewole123: @ brabus
Thanks for the response
Sorry for leaving room for a guess work
The answer to ur Question is all rooms are of standard sizes and all ensuite as well
Does the 360k estimate covers per room or flat plastering??
Does that include internal and external plastering as well??
Pls kindly send your response to my email leaving ur contact details as well, I may have to contact you for ur service if the price is affordable
Email- jimmyakins@ymail. com
Awaiting ur response
Thanks

The 360k quote is a rough guess-timate for internal wall in extreme case but in order not to compound issues further, here's what we did for another client for 450k (internal/external walls)

Re: Current Prices Of Building Materials In Nigeria by favourite(f): 2:02pm On Sep 12, 2012
@ brabus

How much can estimate for 22 pillars and the lintels
labour and iron bender work

1 Like

Re: Current Prices Of Building Materials In Nigeria by marabout(m): 4:27pm On Sep 12, 2012
i
Re: Current Prices Of Building Materials In Nigeria by lancee(m): 11:14pm On Sep 12, 2012
Thanks for this thread
Re: Current Prices Of Building Materials In Nigeria by akinfas: 1:24am On Sep 13, 2012
dudubody: Dangote cement 1900 sango otta
Please where can I buy galvanized thick door frames(6 inches) in Abuja, what I see around is not thick.How much is it?
akinfas-Abuja
Re: Current Prices Of Building Materials In Nigeria by akinfas: 1:33am On Sep 13, 2012
brabus:

The 360k quote is a rough guess-timate for internal wall in extreme case but in order not to compound issues further, here's what we did for another client for 450k (internal/external walls)
Hello sir, i am new to this site, so I dont relly know how to post.
Please can someone tell me the value of external wall screening vis-a -viz use of texcote paint on the external wall.Which one is more cost effective .i.e. value for money viz -a -viz more long lasting.What extra benefits does screening offer.
I recently came across Hydrosilex water repellant, which I was advised to add to my cement when doing my external wall plastering.was that decisin cost effective?Please what is the average price for screening?
Is it wise to screed parapet external ceiling?
I will appreciate a detailed response.I can be contacted also by email akinfas@gmail.com
akinfas
Re: Current Prices Of Building Materials In Nigeria by brabus(m): 5:19am On Sep 13, 2012
favourite: @ brabus

How much can estimate for 22 pillars and the lintels
labour and iron bender work

Naturally, you must have asked your builder and architect this question and they might have given you some answer. To counter check their answers you are simply sending this msg to me.

I do not have any magical capability to know the cost of construction just by knowing the quantity of the pillars.

However, if you want to build your house with
best possible engineering and quality construction without compromises, then there is no way an online guess-timate can help.

Pls speak to a qualified quantity surveyor.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Current Prices Of Building Materials In Nigeria by brabus(m): 5:47am On Sep 13, 2012
And gradually we're beginning to derail this thread with all these guess-timate Q and As.

Please let's keep to the topic.

akinfas:
Hello sir, i am new to this site, so I dont relly know how to post.
Please can someone tell me the value of external wall screening vis-a -viz use of texcote paint on the external wall.Which one is more cost effective .i.e. value for money viz -a -viz more long lasting.What extra benefits does screening offer.
I recently came across Hydrosilex water repellant, which I was advised to add to my cement when doing my external wall plastering.was that decisin cost effective?Please what is the average price for screening?
Is it wise to screed parapet external ceiling?
I will appreciate a detailed response.I can be contacted also by email akinfas@gmail.com
akinfas

Its good and wise decision to add water repellent additives to plaster mix to protect formation of fungus and dampness and act as raincoat for exterior surface.
Re: Current Prices Of Building Materials In Nigeria by brabus(m): 6:00am On Sep 13, 2012
Mile 2 - Agbara

12mm - 132k
16mm - 126k
8mm - 100k
5 cu. Granite - 25k
10 cu. Granite - 46k (depending on distance)
9in block hollow - 165
6in block hollow - 130
4in block hollow - 100
Bag of Nail - 4.7k
Re: Current Prices Of Building Materials In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:26pm On Sep 13, 2012
@brabus,

Pls what type of sand is better used with granite?,a friend suggested I use kabakaba instead of sharp sand for pillars,linted and decking.if kabakaba,pls any idea on price of 20tons of kabakaba sand 10tyres tipper.

Cheers
Re: Current Prices Of Building Materials In Nigeria by Oila: 7:44pm On Sep 13, 2012
euromilion: @brabus,

Pls what type of sand is better used with granite?,a friend suggested I use kabakaba instead of sharp sand for pillars,linted and decking.if kabakaba,pls any idea on price of 20tons of kabakaba sand 10tyres tipper.

Cheers
Which one is kabakaba sand ? Is it dagbolu (soft sand) ? If it s dagbolu, then where is the location ? Cos Distance counts. We also suply granite and sharp sand. 08093600109
Re: Current Prices Of Building Materials In Nigeria by brabus(m): 9:07pm On Sep 13, 2012
euromilion: @brabus,

Cheers

Bros, the way you're going about this your project is not the best o. You can't just rely on info given online or other medium as a guide to build your own house.

If I tell you 'kabakaba' sand is outdated that 'gongo aso' is the best sand, will you just take it hook line and sinker.
Your project needs professional guidance!

Any sand will do the work but the end result is what matters. I know you want piece of mind.

1 Like

Re: Current Prices Of Building Materials In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:33am On Sep 14, 2012
Bros I kno what u mean,I've a professional Eng doin d job,it's just dat I want d best evryting so dat I can get peace of mind.thnx 4 ur concern
Re: Current Prices Of Building Materials In Nigeria by dmangodwin(m): 5:02am On Sep 16, 2012
dudubody: Dangote cement 1900 sango otta
hi! I hav been reading thru dis site as a guest 4 a while but now i need some info.Nairalanders kindly post the prices of building materials in ifo.
Re: Current Prices Of Building Materials In Nigeria by kunlexist(m): 5:35pm On Sep 16, 2012
I love this thread; very educative&informative.........
Monitor your cost, call in a quantity surveyor now for your
- Estimations
-BOQ
-Material schedule
-valuation /aassesment/report
-Tender preparation&documentation
-contract documentation
-contractual advices
Re: Current Prices Of Building Materials In Nigeria by kcstyle40(m): 2:02pm On Sep 19, 2012
A plot of land measuring 28 by 65fts at satellite town ( Inside Otubu estate alonge marwa road) lagos is up for sale.
suitable for a 3 bedroom duplex, bungalow,warehouse with a enough space for a car park.
at a give away price of 1.7.million [negotiable] call 08035612233 for inspection. Am the direct owner tanx
Re: Current Prices Of Building Materials In Nigeria by Bidatouchs: 10:45am On Sep 20, 2012
hi guyz i'm a building contractor and i will you to see some of my work.
mbatuku2:

pls send pix of the bricks to my email, excanny @ yahoo.com.
Re: Current Prices Of Building Materials In Nigeria by brabus(m): 11:45pm On Sep 20, 2012
Material Prices (Lambe, Akute, Ajuwon - Ogun State)

Cement (Dangote) - N1800
Sharp sand (small tipper) - N12k
Laterite (small tipper) - N5.5k
Washed Gravel (small tipper) - N20k
12mm iron rod (1 ton) - N125k
10mm iron rod (1 ton) - N100k
Binding Wire (1 bundle) - N2.5k
1 x 12 White wood - N750
2 x 3 - N250
2 x 2 - N200
Nails (1 bag) - N5k
6in block - N135
9in block - N150
Re: Current Prices Of Building Materials In Nigeria by rufusakomolafe: 2:16pm On Sep 21, 2012
dudubody: hi nairalanders, i think it will be of great help to many people in the process of building, tell us how much building materials are in ur area, anywhere in nigeria. for example cement, blocks, doors, roofing materials etc. i just bought the following materials in otta-ogun state;

Dangote cement, 1900 per bag
9" blocks, 145

OUR SERVICES INCLUDE THE SUPPLY OF GRANITES AND HAULAGE
Are you a Landlord, who like to build more houses?
Are you a building contractor?
Are you a developer?
Are you a Granite buyer?
Do you want to construct a road or bridge?
If your answer is yes, please call now
Granite of various sizes is available with affordable price
●Granite 3/8”, 1/2“, 3/4", 7/8”
●Stone Dust
●Stone Base 50:50, 40:60 etc
●Special Blocks (Fire & Water Proof)

FOR MORE INFO CONTACT
AKOMOLAFE RUFUS NIGERIA ENTERPRISES
QUARRY & INDUSTRIAL CONSULTANT
Tel: 07035338852, 08169592889
Email: akomolaferufus@gmail.com, rufus.akomolafe@yahoo.com

Re: Current Prices Of Building Materials In Nigeria by fematech: 11:21pm On Sep 21, 2012
]i need a builder to add to my fence and plastering,about 3 more couch high how much is your labor fee and painting the outside house it 2 bed room of 2flat house.
Re: Current Prices Of Building Materials In Nigeria by fematech: 11:29pm On Sep 21, 2012
i need a builder to add to my fence and plastering,about 3 more couch high how much is your labor fee and painting the outside house it 2 bed room of 2flat house.i also need a price for tiling a stranded rooms and setting room please and how much is a tile per meter and how many meter will i need for one room a standard room is 12x12

Re: Current Prices Of Building Materials In Nigeria by fematech: 1:36am On Sep 22, 2012
please what is the price of outside paint and which of the paint is good for outside and inside thank you please right to me here or my email fematech@live.com and if you are the right person to do this job ok.
Re: Current Prices Of Building Materials In Nigeria by dudubody: 12:17pm On Sep 22, 2012
good job guys keep posting prices, and those posting ads pls stop, this thread is for current prices of building materials in Nigeria
Re: Current Prices Of Building Materials In Nigeria by dheavydee: 3:41pm On Sep 22, 2012
Hello everyone. Please can somebody help me figure out if this estimate for a sockaway adds up.:

Soak away pit measuring 3.60m x 3.30m x 2.10m = 25.1m³

1. Framing of soak away, timber sizes required and workmanship:-
a) 40 2 x 3 @ N350 = N14,000
b) 32 1 x 12 @ N900 = N28,800
c) Nails @ = N3,000
d) Labour charged = N12,000
N57, 800.00
2. Reinforcement bars required and workmanship:-
a) Main bars standing in single line = 23 lengths @ N1,215 = N27,945
b) Transvaal bars running in double, inside and outside = 78 lengths @ N1,215 = N94,770
c) Binding wire required @ N3,000
d) Labour charged = N15,000
N140, 715.00
3. Casting of soak away pit and materials required including workmanship:-
a) Since we cannot purchase half, 1 trip of granite @ N110,000
b) Since we cannot purchase half, 1 trip of sand @ N65,000
c) 23 bags of cement @ N1,900 = N43,700
d) Concrete mixing machine for casting @ N15,000 for a day
e) Renting of shovels, head pans and other tools @ N2,800
f) 15 Other workers required to load materials into machine & to carry concrete @ N2,500 = N37,500
N274, 000.00
Grand Total to have soak away done = N472, 515.00

Thank you
Re: Current Prices Of Building Materials In Nigeria by brabus(m): 4:45pm On Sep 22, 2012
dheavydee: Hello everyone. Please can somebody help me figure out if this estimate for a sockaway adds up.:

Soak away pit measuring 3.60m x 3.30m x 2.10m = 25.1m³

1. Framing of soak away, timber sizes required and workmanship:-
a) 40 2 x 3 @ N350 = N14,000
b) 32 1 x 12 @ N900 = N28,800
c) Nails @ = N3,000
d) Labour charged = N12,000
N57, 800.00
2. Reinforcement bars required and workmanship:-
a) Main bars standing in single line = 23 lengths @ N1,215 = N27,945
b) Transvaal bars running in double, inside and outside = 78 lengths @ N1,215 = N94,770
c) Binding wire required @ N3,000
d) Labour charged = N15,000
N140, 715.00
3. Casting of soak away pit and materials required including workmanship:-
a) Since we cannot purchase half, 1 trip of granite @ N110,000
b) Since we cannot purchase half, 1 trip of sand @ N65,000
c) 23 bags of cement @ N1,900 = N43,700
d) Concrete mixing machine for casting @ N15,000 for a day
e) Renting of shovels, head pans and other tools @ N2,800
f) 15 Other workers required to load materials into machine & to carry concrete @ N2,500 = N37,500
N274, 000.00
Grand Total to have soak away done = N472, 515.00

Thank you

The only thing missing here is the soil condition. Is it water-logged or flood zone? Or is it dry land?

Pls provide details
Re: Current Prices Of Building Materials In Nigeria by dheavydee: 10:43pm On Sep 22, 2012
Lets say, its a dry land bordering on a waterlogged area .Location is between Ajah and Eleko.
Re: Current Prices Of Building Materials In Nigeria by estheradeola: 3:35am On Sep 23, 2012
i need a land in ogun state asap
nt too expensive oooo
budget btw 250000-280000
pls send me ur infos
Re: Current Prices Of Building Materials In Nigeria by brabus(m): 6:34am On Sep 23, 2012
dheavydee: Lets say, its a dry land bordering on a waterlogged area .Location is between Ajah and Eleko.

@dheavydee, 472k is a lot of money and its way too much for a septic tank of the dimension you quoted.

Labour charges within the area is not that much and there are few materials you need to cut down.

Why can't you buy the exact quantity of sand and granite needed? If you use 1 ton of iron rod to do a septic tank, how many ton will be used to do a slab?

The carpentary seems fair but I don't know white wood are that expensive in Ajah. It usually ranges btw 700 - 800 in most areas and Ajah been close to Epe/Ijebu-ode shouldn't be an exception.

I'd advice you get a second and in fact third quote.

1 Like

Re: Current Prices Of Building Materials In Nigeria by brabus(m): 6:40am On Sep 23, 2012
estheradeola: i need a land in ogun state asap
nt too expensive oooo
budget btw 250000-280000
pls send me ur infos

Which part of Ogun state? Abeokuta, Ifo, Ilaro, Sango-otta, Ijebu, Mowe, Simawa, Sagamu, Ogijo, Owode, Ofada etc.

N250k is a good sum but it can only get you a community land. I'm sure you understand what that means - you're buying from Omo-Onile.

See my details in signature below.

1 Like

Re: Current Prices Of Building Materials In Nigeria by brabus(m): 6:48am On Sep 23, 2012
Aluminium Roofing sheet - Lagos

0.35 guage Longspan Roofing Sheet - N780 per sqm (Imported)
0.35 guage Longspan Roofing Sheet - N880 per sqm (Nigeria)
0.45 guage Step-tiles Roofing Sheet - N1050

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (91) (Reply)

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.