Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,566 members, 7,809,066 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:08 PM

Current Prices Of Building Materials In Nigeria - Properties (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Current Prices Of Building Materials In Nigeria (813806 Views)

Current Prices Of Roofing Sheet In Nigeria / I need the current prices for windows+doors in Lagos pls. / What Are The Current Prices Of Building Materials In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (91) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Current Prices Of Building Materials In Nigeria by mufutau55(m): 2:16pm On Aug 09, 2014
KolaShangOne: Gypsum boards vs PVC.
I have never been a fan of PVC for ceiling finishes. Amoula or China. I'll rather go for Nigerite. But i'll like people to talk about why they prefer PVC to other ceiling finishes apart from Cost.

Why not use gypsum boards instead of PVC? Difference in cost is not much and you can be sure it lasts longer than PVC. You can also make gypsum boards into various beautiful designs.
If cost is a problem, why not use Gypsum boards for ur sitting room and pvc for the inner rooms?

What do you guys think? Hajj Mufutau Oya o..

Oga mi, remember I am still learning and not in the building construction pro like some of you.. Frankly I don't know what Gypsum boards are.
I used PVC because I cannot afford the POP and I hate asbestos.. but then I only used the PVC in my small BQ, my Duplex may take a different installation as I know I will install POP is some areas.. So if you can educate me on the Gypsum Boards it would be nice and show us some sample photos, though I may already know it but not by name. I am always looking for the alternative choices.

Hajji M.
Re: Current Prices Of Building Materials In Nigeria by OKOSONALUMINUM(m): 4:28pm On Aug 09, 2014
mufutau55:

Oga mi, remember I am still learning and not in the building construction pro like some of you.. Frankly I don't know what Gypsum boards are.
I used PVC because I cannot afford the POP and I hate asbestos.. but then I only used the PVC in my small BQ, my Duplex may take a different installation as I know I will install POP is some areas.. So if you can educate me on the Gypsum Boards it would be nice and show us some sample photos, though I may already know it but not by name. I am always looking for the alternative choices.

Hajji M.
Re: Current Prices Of Building Materials In Nigeria by lawali: 2:25pm On Aug 10, 2014
I am also interested in knowing about the gypsum. So so waiting. Meanwhile, I need clarification on quality of aluminium roofing sheet and stone coated. From my little finding, nigerian made (Tower and Qualitec) are more expensive and learnt are better than imported ones ( not made for tropical region). For aluminium sheet, many local products (tower, qualitec, MINLMINLlokote, 1st aluminium, AGEX) abound. Which one is the best in quality n price. Pls share ur opinion? Trying to avoid confusion of the desperate marketers on & offline.
Re: Current Prices Of Building Materials In Nigeria by gistmelove(m): 3:48pm On Aug 10, 2014
PRICE LIST FOR OUR DOORS

SIZES

DESCRIPTION MEASUREMENT OUR PRICE LIST

3 FEET STEEL DOOR 860/900 50mm 15,000

4 FEET STEEL DOOR 50mm 26,000

3 FEET STEEL DOOR 70mm 18,000

3 FEET STEEL DOOR 9 INCHES 36,000

4 FEET STEEL DOOR 70mm 30,000

4 FEET STEEL DOOR 9INCHES 50,000

3 FEET KITCHEN DOOR 70mm 30,000

4 FEET KITCHEN DOOR 9 INCHES 50,000

5 FEET STEEL DOOR 70mm 52,000

3 FEET STAINLESS STILL DOOR 70,000

4 FEET STAINLESS STEEL DOOR 120,000

5 FEET STAINLESS STEEL DOOR 160,000

3 FEET STAINLESS STEEL DOOR IN DOOR 140,000

4 FEET STAINLESS STEEL DOOR IN DOOR 160,000

5 FEET STAINLESS DOOR IN DOOR 190,000

3 FEET TURKEY DOOR 9 INCHES 70,000

F TURKEY DOOR 9 INCHES 145,000

LAMINATED WOODEN DOOR 2050*750/840 16,500

100% WOODEN DOOR 2050*840 25,000

3 FEET ARMORED DOOR 9 INCHES 80,000

4 FEET ARMORED DOOR 9 INCHES 150,000

5 FEET ARMORED DOOR 190,000

4 FEET ARMORED DOOR IN DOOR 400,000

3 FEET STEEL DOOR 9 INCHES 30,000

4 FEET STEEL DOOR 9 INCHES 42,000

3 FEET WHITE DOOR 860/900 15,000

3 FEET STEEL GLASS DOOR 33,000

PVC TOILET DOOR 10,000

REGULAR TOILET DOOR 15,500

call ayyub on : 08085310359

Re: Current Prices Of Building Materials In Nigeria by KolaShangOne(m): 3:34pm On Aug 11, 2014
mufutau55:

Hajji M.

Hajji, i'm learning too oo..Gypsum ceiling boards are made from the same material as P.O.P (Plaster of Paris). It is not friendly to water but it can absorb much more heat than PVC ceiling. It is usually suspended from the roof using binding wires so there's no need for noggin but there will be panels installed.

It is easy to install,it absorbs sound better than PVC, it can also be used to make various designs (circular, hexagonal, trapezium, star etc). They have come in various widths and lengths with thickness ranging from of 0.5", 3/4 and 1".
A carton comprising of 8pcs costs just about 2600 per sqm.
i hope i have said something meaningful.

1 Share

Re: Current Prices Of Building Materials In Nigeria by mufutau55(m): 4:30pm On Aug 11, 2014
KolaShangOne:

Hajji, i'm learning too oo..Gypsum ceiling boards are made from the same material as P.O.P (Plaster of Paris). It is not friendly to water but it can absorb much more heat than PVC ceiling. It is usually suspended from the roof using binding wires so there's no need for noggin but there will be panels installed.

It is easy to install,it absorbs sound better than PVC, it can also be used to make various designs (circular, hexagonal, trapezium, star etc). They have come in various widths and lengths with thickness ranging from of 0.5", 3/4 and 1".
A carton comprising of 8pcs costs just about 2600 per sqm.
i hope i have said something meaningful.

Thank you very much.. very useful and educative information. I know what you are talking about, we use it here USA very well, I just don't know the name they call it. But about the cost, that I think it costs almost the same as POP per Square meter, so I think people will probably prefer the POP.
This is a very good option and I think someone by the username "Helpee" we call him "Doctor Helpee" actually used it in some part
of his house.. I will send him an email and get the cost and report back here.. Thank you for contributing to my knowledge.

Hajji Mufutau

1 Like

Re: Current Prices Of Building Materials In Nigeria by gistmelove(m): 6:13pm On Aug 11, 2014
still available.. call 08085310359

Re: Current Prices Of Building Materials In Nigeria by cleric(m): 8:07pm On Aug 11, 2014
gistmelove: still available.. call 08085310359
As much as i love ur products , ur adverts get on my nerve with those huge pictures. angry
Re: Current Prices Of Building Materials In Nigeria by KolaShangOne(m): 10:11pm On Aug 11, 2014
mufutau55:

Thank you very much.. very useful and educative information. I know what you are talking about, we use it here USA very well, I just don't know the name they call it. But about the cost, that I think it costs almost the same as POP per Square meter, so I think people will probably prefer the POP.
This is a very good option and I think someone by the username "Helpee" we call him "Doctor Helpee" actually used it in some part
of his house.. I will send him an email and get the cost and report back here.. Thank you for contributing to my knowledge.

Hajji Mufutau

I'm humbled Hajji Mufutau.
I'm installing the gypsum boards at one of our projects (the hall which I created a thread for). I will update when it's finished.

The cost is about 2000-2200 per carton while the POP costs about 3800-4000 per carton.
Re: Current Prices Of Building Materials In Nigeria by mufutau55(m): 11:09pm On Aug 11, 2014
KolaShangOne:
I'm humbled Hajji Mufutau.
I'm installing the gypsum boards at one of our projects (the hall which I created a thread for). I will update when it's finished.

The cost is about 2000-2200 per carton while the POP costs about 3800-4000 per carton.

I am glad to hear that you are installing the Gypsum Boards and that should give us more education/information on this board..

How many square meter is in each carton.. just to guesstimate the cost.. I know it by the above it will still be cheaper than the POP.
I will stay tuned until your coming installation... please don't forget to give us photos to highlight some points. Thank you.

Kola.. Is this what is also called "Suspended POP"? Pardon my ignorance.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Current Prices Of Building Materials In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:31am On Aug 12, 2014
2 x 2 @ N300

2 x 3 @ N400

2 x 4 @ N500

2 x 6 @ N800

3 x 4 @ N800

1 x 12@ N1700 plus smoothing

for Akun, Itara, Koko Igbo, Ara, Afara, Baboo, Iroko, Mansonia, Mahogami
Re: Current Prices Of Building Materials In Nigeria by FastShipping: 5:58am On Aug 12, 2014
HsLBroker: 2 x 2 @ N300

2 x 3 @ N400

2 x 4 @ N500

2 x 6 @ N800

3 x 4 @ N800

1 x 12@ N1700 plus smoothing

for Akun, Itara, Koko Igbo, Ara, Afara, Baboo, Iroko, Mansonia, Mahogami

You said somewhere that your woods don't need soligum. Why do your woods need no soligum? What other services do you provide other than selling woods?
Re: Current Prices Of Building Materials In Nigeria by mufutau55(m): 12:26pm On Aug 12, 2014
FastShipping:
You said somewhere that your woods don't need soligum. Why do your woods need no soligum? What other services do you provide other than selling woods?

REPLY BELOW:

HsLBroker: because the wood are the best hardwood that stand the test of time, and they are old wood, and they have anti termite odor that drives termite away

mufutau55: OK. Thanks. I just thought those termites can go/eat thru any wood. But this is really good to know if they cannot eat hard and old wood.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Current Prices Of Building Materials In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:59pm On Aug 12, 2014
FastShipping:

Thanks Hajj.

Dear FastShiping, thanks for your questions, this wood are full matured before cutting in the forest, they are from angiosperm trees family, they possess poisonous chemical that fight against their enemies the insects, just like immunity in human being this angiosperm woods or hardwood trees too have their own immunity, not like the Gymnosperm trees the softwood they use for decking or raft foundation.

Answering your second questions, I sell land here on nairaland, in my company Life Light Properties, we have many artisans such as carpenters, Aluminium Installer, Bricklayers, P.O.P modular and Installer, Painter, Interior and Exterior Decorators, we are builders and contractors, we are also supplies good building materials products, such as hardwood, Nigerite Slate and Asbestos, Aluminium roofing Sheets such as Step Tiles and Long Span both Imported and Nigeria Made, such as first aluminium and Tower or Bozac and Sumo products, we also supply Stone Coated products.

Our services are on unquestionable with the fear of integrity at stake.

Regards
Re: Current Prices Of Building Materials In Nigeria by mufutau55(m): 2:09pm On Aug 12, 2014
HsLBroker: Thanks Hajj.

Dear FastShiping, thanks for your questions, this wood are full matured before cutting in the forest, they are from angiosperm trees family, they possess poisonous chemical that fight against their enemies the insects, just like immunity in human being this angiosperm woods or hardwood trees too have their own immunity, not like the Gymnosperm trees the softwood they use for decking or raft foundation.
Regards.

I am surely keeping you in mind for my next roofing.. I like people who know their stuff, we shall be in touch.
Natural anti-termites is real good. Thanks.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Current Prices Of Building Materials In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:25pm On Aug 12, 2014
FastShipping:

Regards.
Re: Current Prices Of Building Materials In Nigeria by cleric(m): 4:59pm On Aug 12, 2014
HsLBroker:

Regards.

Your services will be employed by me as well.

1 Like

Re: Current Prices Of Building Materials In Nigeria by skimanski(m): 7:05pm On Aug 12, 2014
Architecture is a word that qualifies every aspect of our houses. Our bedrooms, living room, Kitchens and the way we want to live in it. The way we finish and the dreams we had before even embarking on what we want to do. As a result, the most important part of architecture is decision making, furthermore, the most important decision making of any Architecture is the decision making of the client/owner. So as a pivotal part of our Architecture, its important that people prioritize properly before embarking on building. and this priority is (1)a: What we want and then (1)b: how to manage our resources in getting it, instead of (2)a: what resources we have and (2)b: what it can give to us. by going with priority (2), we are then at the mercies of the expertise, allowing them to dictate and balance their workload and their own personal desires. But by going with priority (1), we are then able to set a target for our selves, though sometimes, the target can be difficult, but worth every penny, as that is how every great life achievement today was born. Lets embrace good Architecture today, even if not for others, but good Architecture for ourselves. In stringent times, there is a danger that short-term money-saving decisions will be made on new buildings which result in poor solutions that are effectively false economies. Good design is an investment that pays for itself over a building’s lifetime; bad architecture will always cost more; invest now, or pay later.’

High quality architecture and design make a really important contribution both to society and to the economy, particularly when budgets are tight and value for money is key. Ugly, poorly-designed and ill-considered buildings sink the spirits of those who live and work in them, most particularly those who pay for them. And can, at worst, actually help defeat the core purpose of the building itself

Follow us via our link below for as we prepare a new Dimension to Architect in Nigeria.
https://www.nairaland.com/1164230/best-architectural-interior-construction-works
DEZYNS AND STRUCUTURE
+2348038390386

Re: Current Prices Of Building Materials In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:31pm On Aug 12, 2014
cleric:
Your services will be employed by me as well.
thanks for your patronage
Re: Current Prices Of Building Materials In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:45pm On Aug 12, 2014
mufutau55:

I am surely keeping you in mind for my next roofing.. I like people who know their stuff, we shall be in touch.
Natural anti-termites is real good. Thanks.

Hajji Mufutau
Thanks Hajj
Re: Current Prices Of Building Materials In Nigeria by csiworksnig(f): 1:18am On Aug 13, 2014
we supply silk paints of popular american brands of Benjamin Moore and Sherwin Williams for as low as 20k for 25litres and 4k for 4litres

these paints have an average coverage of 16m2 per litre on a regular wall and its available in any colour upon request.

CONTACT
08028540261, 08093577005
email: csiworksnig@gmail.com
Re: Current Prices Of Building Materials In Nigeria by group507(m): 4:07pm On Aug 14, 2014
Please can somebody help me with approximate cost to fence a house

The land is 110 ft by 200ft

The house on the left side has a fence covering about 100ft

Please I need breakdown approximate number of bricks, sand, and cost of material and labour

Thanks
Re: Current Prices Of Building Materials In Nigeria by KolaShangOne(m): 6:57pm On Aug 16, 2014
mufutau55:

I am glad to hear that you are installing the Gypsum Boards and that should give us more education/information on this board..

How many square meter is in each carton.. just to guesstimate the cost.. I know it by the above it will still be cheaper than the POP.
I will stay tuned until your coming installation... please don't forget to give us photos to highlight some points. Thank you.

Kola.. Is this what is also called "Suspended POP"? Pardon my ignorance.

Hajji Mufutau

I will have more answers by first week in September when we commence the ceiling using gypsum boards.
It's actually suspended using wires and it's made of same chemical used for POP. So I don't know if some people call it suspended POP, we call it suspended ceiling.
Re: Current Prices Of Building Materials In Nigeria by trumpcoat(m): 7:03pm On Aug 16, 2014
+234 [0] 80 2828 7950
info@trumpcoat.com.ng
www.trumpcoat.com.ng

Re: Current Prices Of Building Materials In Nigeria by OKOSONALUMINUM(m): 9:21pm On Aug 16, 2014
[b][/b] OKOSON ALUMINUM COMPANY
We specialize in aluminum fabrication of all kinds like windows,doors,glass house,cladding,partitions etc.
Our aim is to give your building a beautiful and attractive look as we use latest world class aluminum profiles.
Our vision is to revitalize the Nigerian building pattern to world class standards.

CALL US ON 07032184206 OKOSON ALUMINUM COMPANY
We specialize in aluminum fabrication of all kinds like windows,doors,glass house,cladding,partitions etc.
Our aim is to give your building a beautiful and attractive look as we use latest world class aluminum profiles.
Our vision is to revitalize the Nigerian building pattern to world class standards.

CALL US ON 07032184206
OKOSON ALUMINUM COMPANY

CALL US ON 07032184206

1 Like

Re: Current Prices Of Building Materials In Nigeria by cleric(m): 9:51pm On Aug 16, 2014
OKOSONALUMINUM: [b][/b] OKOSON ALUMINUM COMPANY
Please, do you know who did the 'mat-like' designs on the wall of the picture above?
Re: Current Prices Of Building Materials In Nigeria by Xzevian(m): 8:02am On Aug 25, 2014
Contact us @ Paradox Granite Ent for ur
granite chippings direct frm d source! whatsapp or call
08067748960, 08093102705, pin- 7A53A391.....Email- paradoxgranite@yahoo.com. Trusted&
Re: Current Prices Of Building Materials In Nigeria by Bodlade(m): 8:41am On Aug 25, 2014
For accurate and cheap supplies of granite and Sharp Sand, please call SORTED IMPACT COMPANY on 08032350238.

Integrity is our watchword so we don’t compromise standards

1 Like

Re: Current Prices Of Building Materials In Nigeria by Bodlade(m): 10:11am On Aug 25, 2014
group507: Please can somebody help me with approximate cost to fence a house

The land is 110 ft by 200ft

The house on the left side has a fence covering about 100ft

Please I need breakdown approximate number of bricks, sand, and cost of material and labour

Thanks

You will need to specify the height of the proposed fence. For the measurement you provided here, if you are going to do say for example 5 couches of blocks, you'll need about 1900 blocks or approximately 2000 blocks. Pls give details of the height you want and the location, then one will be able to work on a more accurate estimate. You can also call me on 08032350238 for clarifications or mail bodlade@yahoo.com
Re: Current Prices Of Building Materials In Nigeria by Xzevian(m): 11:17am On Aug 26, 2014
Xzevian: Contact us @ Paradox Granite Ent for ur
granite chippings direct frm d source! whatsapp or call
08067748960, 08093102705, pin- 7A53A391.....Email- paradoxgranite@yahoo.com. Trusted&
Re: Current Prices Of Building Materials In Nigeria by topsy23: 2:55pm On Aug 26, 2014
You can only get the best from us at TOPSELG. We are into electrical/mechanical design and installation.

Our contact are

Phone: 08033643191, 08051750560
Whatsap: 08033643191
Bb pin: 2A9D23FF

You can also visit our thread: https://www.nairaland.com/1233943/contact-us-electrical-mechanical-plumbing/9

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (91) (Reply)

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.