Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,360 members, 7,808,251 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:25 AM

Pls Help B4 I Smash My Laptop - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Pls Help B4 I Smash My Laptop (2056 Views)

4k Laptop, 15k Laptop, Wich One Is Real B4 I Get Scammed? / How To Use The Sim Card Slot On My Laptop / Help B4 Naija Computer Engineers Kill Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help B4 I Smash My Laptop by NnamdiN: 2:34pm On Oct 20, 2011
it's been showing dis stuff all week, I've been tryna fix it myself, but it's nt working.please nl gurus make una help me o

Re: Pls Help B4 I Smash My Laptop by Maleeq(m): 3:35pm On Oct 20, 2011
You haven't passed any information about your plight. How then do you want the "gurus" to proffer solutions?
Re: Pls Help B4 I Smash My Laptop by NnamdiN: 3:52pm On Oct 20, 2011
I'm sorry sir, the picture I tot I had uploaded is more than 200kb so it didn't upload, I'm still trying to compress it.
But the info on my screen now is " a problem has been detected and and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer, " I'll still upload the pic
Re: Pls Help B4 I Smash My Laptop by femi4: 12:06am On Oct 21, 2011
NnamdiN:

I'm sorry sir, the picture I tot I had uploaded is more than 200kb so it didn't upload, I'm still trying to compress it.
But the info on my screen now is " a problem has been detected and and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer, " I'll still upload the pic
Reasons for the Blue Screen of Death(BSOD)

1. Software Errors

Errors with software running on the computer are common causes of the Blue Screen of Death. When drivers are incorrectly installed (or not installed at all), Windows may encounter a system error and be unable to continue running the software. The solution usually lies in installing the correct drivers for the software or upgrading the computer so that it meets the minimum requirements of the software.

2. Hardware Errors

Hardware errors, such as errors from ancillary products (an external CD drive, a flash drive, or even a printer) can cause the Blue Screen. This can be due to the hardware malfunctioning, or even be correlated to the user unplugging the hardware in the middle of an operation.
Installation Errors

2b. During the installation process of a new piece of software. Indeed, installing Windows itself (such as to a freshly built computer or a re-install) can be a very critical time for errors. This can happen when the computer's hardware is incorrectly configured.

3. Startup

If a computer is infected with a virus or too much spyware, the Blue Screen can appear upon startup. These malicious programs make changes to the registry in order to collect information on the user. Sometimes these changes make it impossible for Windows to boot correctly.

4. Random Errors

Because they don't seem to follow any type of predictable pattern, random appearances of the Blue Screen of Death can be the most frustrating. The causes for these intermittent errors can be anything from low memory to a processor overheating. Unfortunately, these seemingly random errors are usually the surest signs of serious computer trouble.
The best defense is to begin moving important files off the hard drive and consider getting a new computer.

BEST SOLUTION THAT WILL TAKE CARE OF PROBLEM 1-3 WITHOUT STRESS IS TO FORMAT YOUR SYSTEM OR UPGRADE TO WIN7 IF YOU ARE USING WIN VISTA. Just hope its not problem 4, else you'll get a new system.
Re: Pls Help B4 I Smash My Laptop by xtremeidea(m): 10:47am On Oct 21, 2011
Causes

Memory Problem, Hard Disk Problem, corrupt operating system.

Suggestions

[list]
[li]If u have two memory , remove one, start your system with one n see if it will work will, if it doesnt try the other one. if none works borrow from a friend n test ur system.

Start your system on safe mode n see if you will experience same problem.

Run a Hard disk check utility, check your hard disk for errors.

Repair or Format your system. or install a new os.

If u cant do or have no knowledge of any of the above, visit an engineer who can assist u.[/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]

*****Pls dnt smash the poor machine, cuz u'll miss it  grin grin grin grin*************
Re: Pls Help B4 I Smash My Laptop by UncleJJ(m): 3:26pm On Oct 21, 2011
cool [size=32pt]FORMAT THE DAMN tin - Wat R u Waiting FOR. [/size]
Re: Pls Help B4 I Smash My Laptop by NnamdiN: 3:33pm On Oct 21, 2011
thanks everyone. I'm currently working on a project, I've really gone far, that's y I'm scared of formatting.
Actually, the problem is from a software my friend installed,he was able to uninstall it via safe mode but now the safe mode doesn't work anymore.I tried installing d OS again from a CD but the option for upgrading is not highlighted, the one highlighted is for me to install a clean copy but I'm gonna loose everything.
Please anyother option?
There's also a new error info now, it says "windows failed to load because the system registry file is missing, or corrupt.  Please I really love this baby, I'll miss her for life if I smash her grin

Re: Pls Help B4 I Smash My Laptop by NnamdiN: 3:37pm On Oct 21, 2011
@femi4 will upgrading to win 7 keep my files and programs(a whole lotta them work with cracks and I can't get most of the cracks)
Re: Pls Help B4 I Smash My Laptop by PCTECH1: 8:54pm On Oct 21, 2011
Hi Nnamdi,

, Smashing your laptop wil not help you outta the issue, instead worsen it.
As pointed out by other engineers in the house, try the following steps accordingly:

1. Put on your system and hold down the F8 key, choose the safe mode and revert to any earlier restored state.

2. If it doesn't work, press F2 on start up and run a diagnostic test on both hard drive and RAM. This will give you a clue if it's hardware related, then change faulty one detected.

3. if you may need to recover some essential files and programs on the system, e-mail me at: ainaoladapo@pc-techworld.us.tc or call 07028624366 for help and the system will thereafter be loaded afresh.
Re: Pls Help B4 I Smash My Laptop by femi4: 10:47pm On Oct 21, 2011
NnamdiN:

@femi4 will upgrading to win 7 keep my files and programs(a whole lotta them work with cracks and I can't get most of the cracks)
It will keep only your files, you have to do away with the present OS. Back up your files first
Re: Pls Help B4 I Smash My Laptop by blackracle(m): 11:27pm On Oct 21, 2011
@poster
I would revive your OS and U̶̲̥̅̊ would still have your files.call me on 08033586504 so we can meet and I fix it for U̶̲̥̅̊.
Re: Pls Help B4 I Smash My Laptop by NnamdiN: 7:58am On Oct 22, 2011
femi4:

It will keep only your files, you have to do away with the present OS. Back up your files first
I'm sorry if my question is silly but how do I back up since I can't get into the system?
blackracle:

@poster
I would revive your OS and U̶̲̥̅̊ would still have your files.call me on 08033586504 so we can meet and I fix it for U̶̲̥̅̊.
aight, wud give ya a call
Re: Pls Help B4 I Smash My Laptop by jmoore(m): 8:20am On Oct 22, 2011
To retreive your files, you need to run ubuntu (WARNINGsmiley I do not mean installing ubuntu, installing ubuntu will wipe your system of every files) there is an option for you to run ubuntu on your pc without installing it. Download ubutu for free and burn into a cd or usb flash drive
Re: Pls Help B4 I Smash My Laptop by NnamdiN: 10:02am On Oct 22, 2011
jmoore:

To retreive your files, you need to run ubuntu (WARNINGsmiley I do not mean installing ubuntu, installing ubuntu will wipe your system of every files) there is an option for you to run ubuntu on your pc without installing it. Download ubutu for free and burn into a cd or usb flash drive
would keep that in mind but reviving the pc is my main concern 4 now. Thanks anyway
Re: Pls Help B4 I Smash My Laptop by jmoore(m): 10:18am On Oct 22, 2011
NnamdiN:

would keep that in mind but reviving the pc is my main concern 4 now. Thanks anyway

when you run ubuntu, you can then copy your necessary files to a usb flash drive, then you can format and reinstall windows, that's all.
Re: Pls Help B4 I Smash My Laptop by henryskywalker2003(m): 12:10pm On Oct 22, 2011
I see you have what is known as the Blue Screen Of Death. Some ppl have already told you why it happens and proferred solutions. In my own opinion, I think it's best you just reformat the system like they have suggested and you can use Ubuntu cd to retrieve your files before you format. If you are in lagos and need extra help towards that, give me a call anytime. O8Onine86three1nine8six.
Re: Pls Help B4 I Smash My Laptop by NnamdiN: 12:54pm On Oct 22, 2011
^^ I'm in Uyo (it's painful staying here too, all d technicians I met screamed "format it" after "just looking" at it) I will do as you all have advised
Re: Pls Help B4 I Smash My Laptop by Ekiti1: 2:17pm On Oct 23, 2011
U will av 2 format the pc but b4 u do, u can retrieve ur files by doing the following:
1)Buy hard disc casing from any pc store
2)Remove the hard disc from ur pc and and put it in the external casing (this will turn it into an external drive)
3) connect the hard disc to another pc and open it as u would open a flash drive.
4) copy ur files.
Hope this helps.
Re: Pls Help B4 I Smash My Laptop by suunneey: 9:27am On Oct 24, 2011
plz o what is the prize of hp
dv6 screen of 16:9 inches my screen just broke
Re: Pls Help B4 I Smash My Laptop by Ekiti1: 10:17am On Oct 24, 2011
suunneey:

plz o what is the prize of hp
dv6 screen of 16:9 inches my screen just broke
Depends on ur area & if u need tokunbo or brand new .
But the range is 13 - 18k.
Re: Pls Help B4 I Smash My Laptop by NnamdiN: 10:43am On Oct 24, 2011
Ekiti1:

U will av 2 format the pc but b4 u do, u can retrieve your files by doing the following:
1)Buy hard disc casing from any pc store
2)Remove the hard disc from your pc and and put it in the external casing (this will turn it into an external drive)
3) connect the hard disc to another pc and open it as u would open a flash drive.
4) copy your files.
Hope this helps.
Done. I copied everything. I may have to run windows 7 on it. I'm so sad

(1) (Reply)

/ Buy A Used Laptop HP G62, Very Very Neat! / HELP! Recommend A Very Good Laptop For Me!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.