Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,169 members, 7,807,544 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:06 PM

Is It Time For Mobile Apps Developers To Shine? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Is It Time For Mobile Apps Developers To Shine? (1619 Views)

Should We Make Mobile Apps Or Web Apps For The Nigerian/African Market? / Dev Center:a Community For Nigerian Designers/developers To Discover Each Other / Is There Any C++ Compiler For Mobile Phone Se(java) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Time For Mobile Apps Developers To Shine? by Tokotaya: 6:25pm On Oct 20, 2011
In a build up toward the launch of its AppStore in Nigeria, MTN, Nigeria’s largest telecom operator will hold Ideas Forum tomorrow to parley with mobile applications developers and tech industry as a whole. MTN recognizes the importance of the growing trends toward mobile apps and they are kind of positioning themselves for the future.

I’m writing this today because it’s an invitation-only event, I got one last week. I will be there to liveblog as it goes on. It will hold at Southern Sun Hotel, Ikoyi, Lagos.

Key Discussion Point
•Market Perspective of Mobile Apps
•Key Learnings from other African market – Google
•Strategic Options for Nigerian Application Developers – Nokia
•Presentation of Existing Land local Apps – AfriNolly case Study
•Comments and Questions

I really think if MTN buzz up the app thingy in Nigeria, our mobile apps developers can smile to the bank as more people will find the need to pay for apps, or what do you think?

http://sturvs.com/332515/
Re: Is It Time For Mobile Apps Developers To Shine? by NET1(m): 2:19pm On Nov 04, 2011
mobile applications is the way forward for any developer who wants to make it BIG in the industry.

PS: I checked your blog. I did not see your liveblog of the event as you stated. Did you forget? undecided
.NET
Re: Is It Time For Mobile Apps Developers To Shine? by Mobinga: 3:39pm On Nov 04, 2011
They've been shining ever since. tongue
Re: Is It Time For Mobile Apps Developers To Shine? by talk2hb1(m): 11:34am On Nov 05, 2011
Web application is the present mobile application is the future. So guys position yourself for the BIG BANG.
I think web and mobile application are not dying in the next 10yrs.
Sanjuma
Re: Is It Time For Mobile Apps Developers To Shine? by sweetpawn1: 4:54pm On Nov 08, 2011
talk2hb1:

Web application is the present mobile application is the future. So guys position yourself for the BIG slam.
I think web and mobile application are not dying in the next 10yrs.
Sanjuma
Word.
Re: Is It Time For Mobile Apps Developers To Shine? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Nov 08, 2011
Are we talking about mobile native apps or mobile web apps, left to me i dont think Mobile apps will ever die ,the world is getting to te stage where mobile information is needed and quickly the only issue i face is picking a platform, can't be learning android then jump to .NET and Qt or Java, so for now i'll be sticking to Web apps HTML5,JS unless Qt works on all platform then its game on.
Re: Is It Time For Mobile Apps Developers To Shine? by ucheykuche: 9:52am On Nov 09, 2011
Anyone interested in a contract job for a mobile apps developer should hit me asap on 0806 272 0697, Its a 3 - 6 month thingy.

(1) (Reply)

Firebase For Android Development / What Are The Languages Nairalanders Use / A Web Design And Web Development Training School Needed In Abuja.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.