Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,575 members, 7,801,651 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:27 PM

Return Of Jenifa becomes Fastest grossing Nollywood movie Of All Time - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Return Of Jenifa becomes Fastest grossing Nollywood movie Of All Time (9065 Views)

Top 20 Highest Grossing Nigerian Movies Of All Time / Alakada Or Jenifa? / Name Ur Best Seasonal Movie Of All Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Return Of Jenifa becomes Fastest grossing Nollywood movie Of All Time by dotman2(m): 10:36am On Oct 21, 2011
,[img]http://1.bp..com/-TnrnhWKhuyo/TqE0BuFCLSI/AAAAAAAAIrc/mEaU9czvQYc/s280/The-Return-of-Jenifa-Trailer-.jpg[/img]

, sold about N10 million in seven days
…gets two weeks extension at cinema

Just after a week of its release to the cinemas, “The Return of Jenifa” (TROJ) has out sold all other Nollywood movies at the cinema around the country, a feat which has never been achieved by any other Nollywood movie and this has earned the movie the title of ‘the fastest grossing Nollywood movie of all time’ by cinema operators. And this feat is more remarkable as the movie is only showing in three cinemas- Silverbird Lagos and Abuja and Ozone Cinema in Yaba, Lagos.

Earning such a feat would come as no surprise as Funke has been known to have churned out some blockbusters movies in DVD; movies like Jenifa and Omo Ghetto were said to have sold in their numbers.

The impressive showing which has made the movie earn close to N10 million in seven days has made the cinema asked for two weeks extension to show the movie at the cinema. That means the movie will be at the cinema for four weeks.

Since its grand premier at The Muson Center on the Friday, October 7, the movie has been earning applause and respect of industry people who trooped out in their numbers to support the actress at the premiere which had the First Lady of Lagos in attendance. Others in attendance are, Eldee, Dayo Adeneye, Rita Dominic, Kate Henshaw, Oge Okoye, Ali Baba, Gbenga Adeyinka, AY, Julius Agwu, Tunde Kelani, Ireti Osayemi, Ibinabo Fiberesima, Chioma Chukwuka, Helen Paul, Queen Nwokoye, Adora Ukoh, Kunle Bakare, Mayor Akinpelu and others.

The Return of Jenifa which was shot both within and outside the country features an impressive cast which parades both music and movie stars such as Eldee the Don, Banky W, Denrele, Antar Laniyan, Helen Paul and others.

The storyline of the movie revolves around the life of the main character, Jenifa. Here she registers to be part of a dancing competition. But when she is asked to undergo an HIV test as part of the requirement for entry into the competition, she fled, being unsure of her status as a result of her past exploits.

She is later forced to withdraw from the society that she once ruled and move back to her village. Going back to the village however does not stop her from being her crazy self and in the end she learns that life is not all about being a ‘gbogbo bigs girl’

http://www.lindaikeji..com/2011/10/return-of-jenifa-becomes-fastest.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook&m=1
Re: Return Of Jenifa becomes Fastest grossing Nollywood movie Of All Time by pkv(m): 12:56pm On Nov 01, 2011
dot_man:

,[img]http://1.bp..com/-TnrnhWKhuyo/TqE0BuFCLSI/AAAAAAAAIrc/mEaU9czvQYc/s280/The-Return-of-Jenifa-Trailer-.jpg[/img]

, sold about N10 million in seven days
…gets two weeks extension at cinema

Just after a week of its release to the cinemas, “The Return of Jenifa” (TROJ) has out sold all other Nollywood movies at the cinema around the country, a feat which has never been achieved by any other Nollywood movie and this has earned the movie the title of ‘the fastest grossing Nollywood movie of all time’ by cinema operators. And this feat is more remarkable as the movie is only showing in three cinemas- Silverbird Lagos and Abuja and Ozone Cinema in Yaba, Lagos.

Earning such a feat would come as no surprise as Funke has been known to have churned out some blockbusters movies in DVD; movies like Jenifa and Omo Ghetto were said to have sold in their numbers.

The impressive showing which has made the movie earn close to N10 million in seven days has made the cinema asked for two weeks extension to show the movie at the cinema. That means the movie will be at the cinema for four weeks.

Since its grand premier at The Muson Center on the Friday, October 7, the movie has been earning applause and respect of industry people who trooped out in their numbers to support the actress at the premiere which had the First Lady of Lagos in attendance. Others in attendance are, Eldee, Dayo Adeneye, Rita Dominic, Kate Henshaw, Oge Okoye, Ali Baba, Gbenga Adeyinka, AY, Julius Agwu, Tunde Kelani, Ireti Osayemi, Ibinabo Fiberesima, Chioma Chukwuka, Helen Paul, Queen Nwokoye, Adora Ukoh, Kunle Bakare, Mayor Akinpelu and others.

The Return of Jenifa which was shot both within and outside the country features an impressive cast which parades both music and movie stars such as Eldee the Don, Banky W, Denrele, Antar Laniyan, Helen Paul and others.

The storyline of the movie revolves around the life of the main character, Jenifa. Here she registers to be part of a dancing competition. But when she is asked to undergo an HIV test as part of the requirement for entry into the competition, she fled, being unsure of her status as a result of her past exploits.

She is later forced to withdraw from the society that she once ruled and move back to her village. Going back to the village however does not stop her from being her crazy self and in the end she learns that life is not all about being a ‘gbogbo bigs girl’

http://www.lindaikeji..com/2011/10/return-of-jenifa-becomes-fastest.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook&m=1
4rm ur brief hylyt of d storyline i don c d film finish.Nollywud no go eva tire with repeatation cos of lack of innovatiön
Re: Return Of Jenifa becomes Fastest grossing Nollywood movie Of All Time by Nobody: 1:00pm On Nov 01, 2011
Who fucking care about that movie,, not some dumb movie i need classic movies
Re: Return Of Jenifa becomes Fastest grossing Nollywood movie Of All Time by sheyguy: 1:06pm On Nov 01, 2011
At least the film try 4 naija level, wella.
Re: Return Of Jenifa becomes Fastest grossing Nollywood movie Of All Time by asudan: 1:25pm On Nov 01, 2011
For once support our artist and not condemn dem.Until we learn to support them we will continue to remain where we are
Re: Return Of Jenifa becomes Fastest grossing Nollywood movie Of All Time by pkv(m): 1:34pm On Nov 01, 2011
asudan:

For once support our artist and not condemn dem.Until we learn to support them we will continue to remain where we are
4 hw long wuld we continue 2 support rubbish.haba bro c common ghana don waka leave us.biko na
Re: Return Of Jenifa becomes Fastest grossing Nollywood movie Of All Time by highland(m): 1:42pm On Nov 01, 2011
This girls is in money.
Re: Return Of Jenifa becomes Fastest grossing Nollywood movie Of All Time by abY2: 1:48pm On Nov 01, 2011
10 million naira a week, it isn't a small thing oooo.
Re: Return Of Jenifa becomes Fastest grossing Nollywood movie Of All Time by omo9ja1(m): 1:54pm On Nov 01, 2011
what is this movie all about seems am missing something heresmiley
Re: Return Of Jenifa becomes Fastest grossing Nollywood movie Of All Time by pkv(m): 1:58pm On Nov 01, 2011
omo9ja1:

what is this movie all about seems am missing something heresmiley
is about gross trash.u aint missing anyting pal trust me on dat
Re: Return Of Jenifa becomes Fastest grossing Nollywood movie Of All Time by atasteve: 1:59pm On Nov 01, 2011
Well done.
Re: Return Of Jenifa becomes Fastest grossing Nollywood movie Of All Time by iyeyemi: 2:15pm On Nov 01, 2011
@pkv, come on bro, i haven't seen d movie either, but from the preview it's a comedy i.e. a movie that doesnt take itself too seriously. And judging from the reactions its obvious a majority of movie goers don't think its as trashy as you make it sound.
Re: Return Of Jenifa becomes Fastest grossing Nollywood movie Of All Time by lynxnoon(m): 2:57pm On Nov 01, 2011
whatever we say, good or bad, she's making her bucks grin
kudos to her jare . . . . . grin grin
Re: Return Of Jenifa becomes Fastest grossing Nollywood movie Of All Time by KacHemNaU(m): 3:21pm On Nov 01, 2011
pkv:

4 hw long wuld we continue 2 support rubbish.haba bro c common ghana don waka leave us.biko na
Maybe till when hollywood gets out of the picture
Re: Return Of Jenifa becomes Fastest grossing Nollywood movie Of All Time by KacHemNaU(m): 3:23pm On Nov 01, 2011
lynxnoon:

whatever we say, good or bad, she's making her bucks grin
kudos to her jare . . . . . grin grin
And u're the one feeding her pocket, so who's gaining?
Re: Return Of Jenifa becomes Fastest grossing Nollywood movie Of All Time by femmy2010(m): 3:33pm On Nov 01, 2011
Thumb up to Jenifa.
Re: Return Of Jenifa becomes Fastest grossing Nollywood movie Of All Time by mellow(m): 3:51pm On Nov 01, 2011
Hmmmm,
Re: Return Of Jenifa becomes Fastest grossing Nollywood movie Of All Time by dammizz(m): 4:11pm On Nov 01, 2011
Nigerian movies dont pull my attention no more, this one either. I hate wasting my time on repetition
Re: Return Of Jenifa becomes Fastest grossing Nollywood movie Of All Time by librangyps(f): 4:48pm On Nov 01, 2011
'I cnt wait to Ơ̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴͡ d movie' (I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ British accent) wink
Re: Return Of Jenifa becomes Fastest grossing Nollywood movie Of All Time by temmytboi(m): 5:58pm On Nov 01, 2011
Who be all these haterz naw? I knw d kind film wey Una lyk #Fuckin films Awon Ashewo oloshi mschewww
Re: Return Of Jenifa becomes Fastest grossing Nollywood movie Of All Time by Laajman(m): 6:44pm On Nov 01, 2011
I'd focus on the bright side of this story.
Not necessarily the movie, or its quality or lack thereof.

That Nollywood is being premiered and shown at local Cinemas is definitely a good sign.
Finally, Nollywood is picking a few tricks from Hollywood,
Re: Return Of Jenifa becomes Fastest grossing Nollywood movie Of All Time by Akiika: 7:56pm On Nov 01, 2011
We all agree on the fact that Nollywood is not yet there, but amongst her pair, she a force to reckon with. I'll watch her movie anyday. With the poverty in Naija and lawlessness (unrestrained piracy), do you expect them to produce any high budget film? Can anybody buy any naija movie's DVD for even $10 (1500 Naira) for example, if the answer is NO so let's make do with fast improving standard and stop hating. Funke Akindele is the bomb, she veered into the industry and set the standard. Even for the token amount they sell it, most of you haters will not buy but waiting for someone to post it on youtube et al.
Re: Return Of Jenifa becomes Fastest grossing Nollywood movie Of All Time by pkv(m): 1:32am On Nov 02, 2011
iyeyemi:

@pkv, come on bro, i haven't seen d movie either, but from the preview it's a comedy i.e. a movie that doesnt take itself too seriously. And judging from the reactions its obvious a majority of movie goers don't think its as trashy as you make it sound.
trust me on this man.is absolute trash!majority of d movie goers gt primary reason why dem dey go there.d film na tertiary.i better go 2 an agbua 1st 11 joint
Re: Return Of Jenifa becomes Fastest grossing Nollywood movie Of All Time by amblors(m): 5:08am On Nov 02, 2011
e don tey i watch naija film thank God for delivering me grin grin grin grin grin
I havn't watched the return of jenifa, but i did c the part one,
its the type that would sell on the streets, no surpise,
as everyone seems to love the "aki popo" type movies.

kudos to her n the crew,
i won't watch though.

i was shocked to discover she was same girl in that "pro safe sex" tv series,
cant rem the name.
Re: Return Of Jenifa becomes Fastest grossing Nollywood movie Of All Time by clip: 8:10am On Nov 02, 2011
Akiika:

We all agree on the fact that Nollywood is not yet there, but amongst her pair, she a force to reckon with. I'll watch her movie anyday. With the poverty in Naija and lawlessness (unrestrained piracy), do you expect them to produce any high budget film? Can anybody buy any naija movie's DVD for even $10 (1500 Naira) for example, if the answer is NO so let's make do with fast improving standard and stop hating. Funke Akindele is the bomb, she veered into the industry and set the standard. Even for the token amount they sell it, most of you haters will not buy but waiting for someone to post it on youtube et al.
You said it all
Re: Return Of Jenifa becomes Fastest grossing Nollywood movie Of All Time by Gbenge77(m): 5:23pm On Nov 02, 2011
Tremendous.
Re: Return Of Jenifa becomes Fastest grossing Nollywood movie Of All Time by semid4lyfe(m): 8:32am On Nov 03, 2011
Hmmm. . .Funke Akindele sure knows how to work the press cos I can't believe the publicity and awards Jenifa got and it seems the Return of Jenifa is heading in the same direction.

Anyway, it still doesn't change the fact that Jenifa was WACK and I expect the Return of Jenifa to be WACKER.

amblors:
i was shocked to discover she was same girl in that "pro safe sex" tv series,
cant rem the name.

The name is I Need to Know
Re: Return Of Jenifa becomes Fastest grossing Nollywood movie Of All Time by amblors(m): 8:44am On Nov 03, 2011
^^^
Yea , I need to know,
thanks
Re: Return Of Jenifa becomes Fastest grossing Nollywood movie Of All Time by semid4lyfe(m): 8:52am On Nov 03, 2011
?
Re: Return Of Jenifa becomes Fastest grossing Nollywood movie Of All Time by oladayo042: 9:32am On Nov 04, 2011
Kudos to her anyway.
Re: Return Of Jenifa becomes Fastest grossing Nollywood movie Of All Time by nibiyem(m): 8:56am On Apr 15, 2012
It is the WACKS that brought the flow. She knows how to get her audience's attention. grin grin grin. Just that....
what about this scene with Banky W and co...
http://www.healtharoundus.com/

(1) (Reply)

Download Doctor Strange Full Movie / Best Comedian In Nigeria? / Your First Cinema Experience.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.