Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,008 members, 7,806,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:15 AM

Is It Right To Go Out With Your Close Friend? - Dating And Meet-up Zone - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / Is It Right To Go Out With Your Close Friend? (2664 Views)

Am Xo Lonely... I Need A Close Friend. / Is It Right For A Girl Dat Is Married To Stil Greet Her Ex- / Is It Right To Date A Distant Cousin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right To Go Out With Your Close Friend? by moskeme: 4:41pm On Sep 12, 2007
u have a friend, u are very very close 2 each other , as a guy is it right to ask her out, or if u are a female will u welcome dat as in can u also date him?
Re: Is It Right To Go Out With Your Close Friend? by otuwe(f): 10:44am On Sep 13, 2007
i am in that dilenma!!! if i sort myself out then i will respond!!!

Attimes a platonic relationship is better preserved than the wahala of an intimate relationship!!! cheerio
Re: Is It Right To Go Out With Your Close Friend? by crusader(f): 12:27pm On Sep 13, 2007
well I do think it depends on the situation at hand, personally I think there is no harm in trying, if its right or not depends on opinon, to me there is nothing wrong in it. Though the asking party must realise, that there it takes a lot of things to make a relationship work, its a different ball game from 'just' freindship.
Re: Is It Right To Go Out With Your Close Friend? by NaJaHaJe(f): 12:33pm On Sep 13, 2007
review the relationship you have with her.

if you two start dating and it doen't work out will your friendship still be intact?

if not; then don't bother. (Real) Friends are hard to find.
Re: Is It Right To Go Out With Your Close Friend? by saucekid(m): 1:33pm On Sep 13, 2007
NaJa HaJe:

if you two start dating and it doen't work out will your friendship still be intact?

WORD
Re: Is It Right To Go Out With Your Close Friend? by NaJaHaJe(f): 1:55pm On Sep 13, 2007
@Saucekid

how you doing babe?
Re: Is It Right To Go Out With Your Close Friend? by saucekid(m): 7:31pm On Sep 13, 2007
@ Naje Haje,

i'm aiight, and you?
Re: Is It Right To Go Out With Your Close Friend? by iice(f): 8:39pm On Sep 13, 2007
NaJa HaJe:

Gbam!
Re: Is It Right To Go Out With Your Close Friend? by debosky(m): 8:45pm On Sep 13, 2007
My advice? Don't try it!! Simply because that would be a clear case of ladder jumping, punishable by being cast into the ABYSS shocked shocked

read more about the Ladder Theory wink
Re: Is It Right To Go Out With Your Close Friend? by Seun(m): 9:07pm On Sep 13, 2007
If your close friend wants it, why not? Ladder jumping theory is nothing but a joke theory.
Re: Is It Right To Go Out With Your Close Friend? by SwtNsoFLyy(f): 6:10am On Sep 14, 2007

Its alot of fun going out with good friends of the opposite sex, I believe in platonic friendships, unless I see him as a 'brother' figure, and he starts liking me more , then its awhole different situation, and i probably would be uncomfortable,

love & light

Re: Is It Right To Go Out With Your Close Friend? by henry007(m): 6:13am On Sep 14, 2007
go out wit whoeva u please and make sure u bring segz into it so az to zeal the relationship
Re: Is It Right To Go Out With Your Close Friend? by Bosdem(f): 9:37am On Sep 14, 2007
If u feel comfortable why not, but for me i dont like it, my close friends remain friends
Re: Is It Right To Go Out With Your Close Friend? by Sulaig(m): 12:00pm On Sep 18, 2007
It depends on how close this friend is.I think it's important for people to become friends b4 they become lovers.That way the relationship has a greater possibility of succeeding.Many times close friends cannot help it,especially if there is a mutual attraction between them.

But again this raises another question:Are lovers not supposed to be close friends?
Someone please help me out.
Re: Is It Right To Go Out With Your Close Friend? by opokonwa(m): 12:30pm On Sep 18, 2007
It depends on the circumstances surrounding each particular situation.

Any twosome can be friendz but Intimacy is for mature mindz.

If your feelings is true for her and not simply because you feel an urge to bed her, (na only you can figure that out undecided) and if you've got real plans for her,

Then I guess you should let it out instead of dying in silence. smiley

Otherwise, look for other topics! tongue
Re: Is It Right To Go Out With Your Close Friend? by Joey82(m): 12:40pm On Sep 18, 2007
In platonic friendship, there's mutual understanding - d guy looks at d girl as though she was a boy and verse vesa. There is this absence of feminine punctiliousness and things move rather so well.

The most difficult thing I have come to realise is asking a close female friend out. It sucks d heart if things dont go so well as expected. cool
Re: Is It Right To Go Out With Your Close Friend? by showstopa: 12:50pm On Sep 18, 2007
i'm in a situation where i like this boyand i dont know if i'm pushing too much.
i am the one who calls him but he says he doesnt mind.
when he sends mi texts, its always staight to the point.
do u think i should stop calling
what do u think
Re: Is It Right To Go Out With Your Close Friend? by savesoul(m): 1:02pm On Sep 18, 2007
My girlfriend once told me she wanted to try it, but qiuckly ejected her self like a DISC from a DVD . She later found out that the guy dated most of her friends after she told him she wasnt interested
MY VERDICT
GUYS WOULD NEVA BECOME YOUR FRIEND UNLESS THEY WANT SOMETHING FROM YOU
smiley
Re: Is It Right To Go Out With Your Close Friend? by chaloo(m): 1:08pm On Sep 18, 2007
poster

personally If I am in your situation I would not try. Real friends are hard to find as Naja said. There could be a possibility that over a length of time if the feeling is mutual circumctances would bring you two more close.
Re: Is It Right To Go Out With Your Close Friend? by salinco(m): 1:25pm On Sep 18, 2007
It depends on what individual want. But the most important thing is to believe in God, have the fair of God and understand the purpose, meaning of every relationship.
Having your friend spouse or others means that you are to understand your self very well and even relate well.
So let us ask ourself, who is a friend and who is your lover?

We are talking about very important topic
Re: Is It Right To Go Out With Your Close Friend? by Ldales(m): 1:37pm On Sep 18, 2007
i have read everyone's comments, and its amazing what peoples convictions are. Lets start from here, would anybody want to date someone he/she doesnt know, Lets take it deeper, per chance you get to marry this person, and you were not friends before you start dating, u begin to discover some traits in the person after you have gotten married, and then often times, there is divorce, which could have been avoided.

Secondly,if you date your friend, there is a friendship foundation, which makes things easier for both of you. Sex is compulsory in any marriage, and then when both cant have sex again, what happens, there is a tendency that they 'look' outside, but the friendship they have built way back is what comes into play now, Girls that say 'i cnat date you cos we are already friends end up dating the wrong people, and having broken hearts, trust me, this works, I stand to be corrected.
Re: Is It Right To Go Out With Your Close Friend? by lawuyi(m): 1:51pm On Sep 18, 2007
Personally i think it's not such a bad idea cos u really should be friends with someone before going out with em. However, if as d girl a guy's asking u out and d thought hasn't crossed ur mind before then u definitely don't love him so don't try it oooo. However, if u've been thinking about it then u guys can try it but know that ur friendship will never be the same again.

All said you should only date ur very good friend if you're 100% certain that you have stronger feelings for him/her.

As per the person that said guys only befriend girls for one thing, dats totally untrue my man. It's not like dat for all of us. U need to turn to God bro.

Lastly for my sista dats calling and texting a guy and not getting d same level of response. Free the guy cos while we won';t tell u to bugger off, guys r slightly intimidated and confused by a girl being the aggressor in d relationship. Leave him for a while and u'll see that he'll be the one to start doing the calling if he's interested. IF he doesn't then you'll know he was never interested.
Re: Is It Right To Go Out With Your Close Friend? by Bidy(f): 2:01pm On Sep 18, 2007
@ Ldales

I quite agree with you. Friendship is the best foundation for love. Your lover must first be your bestfriend, your confidant etc. So when all things go wrong, the love built on friendship will keep you going.
Re: Is It Right To Go Out With Your Close Friend? by Glorya(f): 2:07pm On Sep 18, 2007
i don't think it is worth the risk except you know that you really love that person if not it would only spoil the friendship and trust.
Re: Is It Right To Go Out With Your Close Friend? by sanrima(f): 2:12pm On Sep 18, 2007
well i won,t do it if i were to be in such a situation cos things may not workout and i may not go back being good friends with the person after wards.
Re: Is It Right To Go Out With Your Close Friend? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Sep 18, 2007
My own experince was not a good one but it could differ from person to person. We were best friends but a lousy couple. Still paying the price for a bad relationship
Re: Is It Right To Go Out With Your Close Friend? by play(f): 2:36pm On Sep 18, 2007
been in the same yard before before, no be beta xperience cry
Re: Is It Right To Go Out With Your Close Friend? by play(f): 2:38pm On Sep 18, 2007
aisha2 , dont keep licking your wounds, get over it quick, e go just weigh u
Re: Is It Right To Go Out With Your Close Friend? by play(f): 2:40pm On Sep 18, 2007
who is sulaig wink
Re: Is It Right To Go Out With Your Close Friend? by realdemi(f): 3:03pm On Sep 18, 2007
@aisha2
what's da price u are still paying?

@ poster
I won't think of dating someone that was never a friend. ANYMORE!!!
There's a point u get to in a platonic relationship, u'll begin think u both can take it to another level, if the feeling is mutual and u guys are sincere with each other., you might just have found your soul mate! smiley

friendship IS one of the best basis for a cool relationship.
Re: Is It Right To Go Out With Your Close Friend? by play(f): 3:07pm On Sep 18, 2007
demi, na tru u talk gir tongue
Re: Is It Right To Go Out With Your Close Friend? by Awo4(m): 3:19pm On Sep 18, 2007
There is nothing wrong with dating someone who has been your close friend especially if the feeling you have towards each other is mutual. As for me, I have to know what type of person I'm dealing with, hence, friendship first.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mynd, Ova Ere / Do You Need A Rich, Nice And Sexy Sugar Mummy/daddy That We Make You Rich? / Dyt, Happy Birthday To You!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.