Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,858 members, 7,806,429 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:28 PM

Can A Man Rape His Wife? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Can A Man Rape His Wife? (9911 Views)

Man Stabs Friend To Death For Sleeping With His Wife / Graduate Posts Girl’s Nude Pictures Online, Teenager Alleges Rape (pictured) / Three Women Kidnap Man, Rape Him And Steal His Semen In South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Man Rape His Wife? by Toonice(m): 4:57pm On Oct 21, 2011
If she doesn't feel like doing it at the particular time and he uses force to get it. Anytime force is used to get sex, that is violation!
Re: Can A Man Rape His Wife? by justwise(m): 5:10pm On Oct 21, 2011
Toonice:

If she doesn't feel like doing it at the particular time and he uses force to get it. Anytime force is used to get sex, that is violation!

Yes.
Re: Can A Man Rape His Wife? by Blazing88(f): 5:14pm On Oct 21, 2011
yes!
If she doesnt feel like doing it, why dont u respect her wishes.
Shes ur wife u guyz are 1.
If u violate her, u violate urself too!
its funny how men dont get diz.
Re: Can A Man Rape His Wife? by InkedNerd(f): 5:29pm On Oct 21, 2011
Rapë is rapë, regardless if the girl is some random stranger or your wife!
Re: Can A Man Rape His Wife? by Dyt(f): 5:32pm On Oct 21, 2011
no he cant
Re: Can A Man Rape His Wife? by InkedNerd(f): 6:03pm On Oct 21, 2011
Dyt:

no he cant

How can you say no he can't?
Re: Can A Man Rape His Wife? by Nobody: 6:08pm On Oct 21, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

How can you say no he can't?

why would a legal wife deny his husband his constitutional and marital rights ?
Re: Can A Man Rape His Wife? by InkedNerd(f): 6:22pm On Oct 21, 2011
~Bluetooth:

If a woman says no, then the answer is no. Her being your wife doesn't change the fact that as a human being she the right to not have sëx with her husband. Let me see this supposed constitution that you claim that a woman must abide by? Any man who forces himself on a woman, whether its his wife, girlfriend, or stranger isa pig and DESERVES to have his pënis cut off!!
Re: Can A Man Rape His Wife? by itiswell1(m): 6:36pm On Oct 21, 2011
Hmmmmn. I'm too young to contribute.
Re: Can A Man Rape His Wife? by sexsinners(m): 6:53pm On Oct 21, 2011
yesssssssss
Re: Can A Man Rape His Wife? by ronkebp(f): 7:00pm On Oct 21, 2011
Why would a man think of r.a.ping his wife at all. What kind of selfishness and disrespect is that??
Re: Can A Man Rape His Wife? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Oct 21, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

If a woman says no, then the answer is no. Her being your wife doesn't change the fact that as a human being she the right to not have sëx with her husband. Let me see this supposed constitution that you claim that a woman must abide by? Any man who forces himself on a woman, whether its his wife, girlfriend, or stranger isa pig and DESERVES to have his pënis cut off!!

I have never done it and i don't think i will anytime soon but don 't  you think a woman is giving her husband a red light to look outside if she keeps denying him sexx ?
Re: Can A Man Rape His Wife? by ronkebp(f): 7:01pm On Oct 21, 2011
~Bluetooth:

And who says, sex is only for the man??
Re: Can A Man Rape His Wife? by InkedNerd(f): 7:06pm On Oct 21, 2011
~Bluetooth:

I have never done it and i don't think i will anytime soon but don 't  you think a woman is giving her husband a red light to look outside if she keeps denying him sexx ?

A woman saying no is not a red light to look outside of the marriage. You thinking is the reason why such things continue to happen to women. I have said thsi before and I will say it again. Sëx and rapë are one in the same!!!

ronkebp:

And who says, sex is only for the man??

Ask am o!
Re: Can A Man Rape His Wife? by dammizz(m): 7:13pm On Oct 21, 2011
Its not right 2 refuse d man his right, or how will d woman feel if d man refuse her when she needs it? She must have deprived him several times b4 any man cld think of using force. Its high time women stopped developin headache every evening
Re: Can A Man Rape His Wife? by InkedNerd(f): 7:17pm On Oct 21, 2011
dammizz:

Its not right 2 refuse d man his right, or how will d woman feel if d man refuse her when she needs it? She must have deprived him several times b4 any man cld think of using force. Its high time women stopped developin headache every evening

So you're advocating the rapë of married women?
Re: Can A Man Rape His Wife? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Oct 21, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

A woman saying no is not a red light to look outside of the marriage. You thinking is the reason why such things continue to happen to women. I have said thsi before and I will say it again. Sëx and rapë are one in the same!!!

Ask am o!

This same reason is what every other men will give but the women seem not to understand what sexx mean to men.It's either they get it from their wives when pressed or chose to get it elsewhere.if women can bend a little to the sexual demands of men,the level of marital conflict will be put to check.
Re: Can A Man Rape His Wife? by ronkebp(f): 7:29pm On Oct 21, 2011
dammizz:

i do not understand how men would think that sex is their right!!!!!!!! am trying to understand it, sex is the right of both the husdand and the wife. if one person is not up to the task, the otehr should understand and stop giving lame excuses for  bad attitudes.
Re: Can A Man Rape His Wife? by Nobody: 7:32pm On Oct 21, 2011
[size=14pt]SMH @ some pitiably lopsided discombobulated and incontrovertibly obfuscated responses! Ignorance must really really be eternal bliss, if at this day and time, some folks still compartmentalize r[b]a[/b]pe to the non married! SMH again at a failed education System, If someone is vociferous enough to type balderdash in form of comments, and say that a man has unequivocal rights to ra[b]p[/b]e a woman, because she is his wife!. . . Bull[b]s[/b]hit!. . .[/size]
Re: Can A Man Rape His Wife? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Oct 21, 2011
ronkebp:

i do not understand how men would think that sex is their right!!!!!!!! am trying to understand it, sex is the right of both the husdand and the wife. if one person is not up to the task, the otehr should understand and stop giving lame excuses for  bad attitudes.
We may frown at ra-ping a woman but why would a woman use sexx as a punishment tool against a man ?
Re: Can A Man Rape His Wife? by Nobody: 7:44pm On Oct 21, 2011
op. nice question. I remember during one of my lectures in my MBA class in University of calabar couple of years ago, such a topic was brought up whilst the lecture was on. The lecturer is a British trained barrister at Law and an elderly man. he stated categorically that theres nothing like ra,apeee in marriage. There were decided court cases that were cited which shows similarities with whats being asked here. One of the marital responsibilities is $ex. However, the law doesn't permit violence on the wife but the husband must not also be denied enjoyment
Re: Can A Man Rape His Wife? by InkedNerd(f): 7:47pm On Oct 21, 2011
ronkebp:

i do not understand how men would think that sex is their right!!!!!!!! am trying to understand it, sex is the right of both the husdand and the wife. if one person is not up to the task, the otehr should understand and stop giving lame excuses for  bad attitudes.

Thank you! I really don't undersdtand why peopel are so daft when it comes to matters of sex and marriage.

~Bluetooth:

This same reason is what every other men will give but the women seem not to understand what sexx mean to men.It's either they get it from their wives when pressed or chose to get it elsewhere.if women can bend a little to the intimate demands of men,the level of marital conflict will be put to check.

No, it it not the same reason! You and many other men are the reason why this persists!

sexkillz:

[size=14pt]SMH @ some pitiably lopsided discombobulated and incontrovertibly obfuscated responses! Ignorance must really really be eternal bliss, if at this day and time, some folks still compartmentalize r[b]a[/b]pe to the non married! SMH again at a failed education System, If someone is vociferous enough to type balderdash in form of comments, and say that a man has unequivocal rights to ra[b]p[/b]e a woman, because she is his wife!. . . Bull[b]s[/b]hit!. . .[/size]

Thank you!!! Well said!

~Bluetooth:

We may frown at ra-ping a woman but why would a woman use sexx as a punishment tool against a man ?

Who said anything about punishtment? Stop thinking with your pënis.

toba:

op. nice question. I remember during one of my lectures in my MBA class in University of calabar couple of years, such a topic was brought up whilst the lecture was on. The lecture is a british trained barrister at Law an an elder man. he stated categorically that theres nothing like ra,apeee in marriage. There were decided court cases that were cited which shows similarities with whats being asked here. One of the marital responsibilities is $ex. However, the law doesnt permit violence on the wife but the husband must not also be denied enjoyment

Where is this law that you all keep talking about?!?! Show it since apparently you all want to use the law as a means of justifying such a heinous act!!!
Re: Can A Man Rape His Wife? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Oct 21, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

Where is this law that you all keep talking about?!?! Show it since apparently you all want to use the law as a means of justifying such a heinous act!!!

here are few lines from wiki as regards the subject and i implore us to use common sense to read and then deduct reasonably

wiki:
Marital rape, also known as spousal rape, is non- consensual sex in which the perpetrator is the victim's spouse. As such, it as a form of partner rape, of domestic violence , and of sexual abuse .
Once widely condoned or ignored by law, spousal rape is now repudiated by international conventions and increasingly criminalized. Still, in many countries, spousal rape either remains legal, or is illegal but widely tolerated and accepted as a husband's prerogative.

In 2006, it was estimated that marital rape could be prosecuted in at least 104 countries (in four of these countries, marital rape could be prosecuted only when the spouses were judicially separated) [1] and since 2006 several other countries have outlawed spousal rape. In many countries it is not clear if marital rape may or may not be prosecuted under ordinary rape laws. Several countries in Eastern Europe and Scandinavia made spousal rape illegal before 1970, but other countries in Western Europe and the English- speaking Western World outlawed it much later, mostly in the 1980s and 1990s.

Most developing countries outlawed it in the 1990s and 2000s.
pls take note of the emphasised words.
in line with the foregoing, i think we really need to arm ourselves with information before posting on Nl, thats why i dont take many posters here serious. The percentage of countries that outlawed it is more than those that illegalised it
Re: Can A Man Rape His Wife? by Roland17(m): 8:09pm On Oct 21, 2011
Its a very big pity that many married women are rape-d everyday, some are too scared to even complain, they see it as something normal, sex is never fun or interesting whenever it is selfish or one sided.
Re: Can A Man Rape His Wife? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Oct 21, 2011
toba:

op. nice question. I remember during one of my lectures in my MBA class in University of calabar couple of years ago, such a topic was brought up whilst the lecture was on. The lecturer is a British trained barrister at Law and an elderly man. he stated categorically that theres nothing like ra,apeee in marriage. There were decided court cases that were cited which shows similarities with whats being asked here. One of the marital responsibilities is $ex. However, the law doesn't permit violence on the wife but the husband must not also be denied enjoyment
[size=14pt]Bulls[b]h[/b]it!. . . And for this to come from a so called British trained Barrister at law, is even more aggravated, B[b]u[/b]llshit!

Ra[b]p[/b]e is the act of forcing a girl or woman to have [b]s[/b]ex against her will! Married or NOT! Then the same law that doesnt permit violence on the wife, says that there is nothing like rape in marriage? SMH!

The law is Discombobulated!. . .
[/size]
Re: Can A Man Rape His Wife? by ronkebp(f): 8:13pm On Oct 21, 2011
As long as the woman says NO!!!!!!!! foR whatever reason, and the man; carries her, removes her wrapper/ skirt/shorts by force and by fire, with the WOMAN still resisting, and the man forces her legs open and forces his thing into her,and restains her, pinning her to the ground or bed with all his might, then that is R.APE, whether MARRIED OR NOT.
Re: Can A Man Rape His Wife? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Oct 21, 2011
sexkillz:

[size=14pt]Bulls[b]h[/b]it!. . . And for this to come from a so called British trained Barrister at law, is even more aggravated, B[b]u[/b]llshit!

Ra[b]p[/b]e is the act of forcing a girl or woman to have s[/b]ex against her will! Married or NOT! Then the same law that doesnt permit violence on the wife, says that there is nothing like violation in marriage? SMH!

The law is Discombobulated!. . .
[/size]

well u could have saved your self a lot of stress by just reading what i posted from wiki to see if u have a say legally rather than feeling bad by what someone in the legal profession had said. I also hope u read the part where i said [b] decided cases were cited in this regard. i think its the court that u need to vex with and not the lawyer citing a case decided by a judge
Re: Can A Man Rape His Wife? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Oct 21, 2011
ronkebp:

As long as the woman says NO!!!!!!!! foR whatever reason, and the man; carries her, removes her wrapper/ skirt/shorts by force and by fire, with the WOMAN still resisting, and the man forces her legs open and forces his thing into her,and restains her, pinning her to the ground or bed with all his might, then that is R.APE, whether MARRIED OR NOT.
this still boils down to u using a word with several meaning and interpretations under the law. Im not married to u and forcefully had a carnal knowledge of u is quite different from im married to u and forcefully had a carnal knowledge of u. do u agree with me?
Re: Can A Man Rape His Wife? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Oct 21, 2011
toba:

well u could have saved your self a lot of stress by just reading what i posted from wiki to see if u have a say legally rather than feeling bad by what someone in the legal profession had said. I also hope u read the part where i said decided cases were cited in this regard. i think its the court that u need to vex with and not the lawyer citing a case decided by a judge
[size=14pt]Yeah! The law is an A[b]S[/b]S!. . . And because Wiki said so doesnt mean it's true! Or you actually believe everything you hear, or read? You allow your conscience to be guided by the consciences of lawyers, who apparently have NO REGARD for morality? How many times has a lawyer set a known criminal free? In law, it's all about winning an Argument! Winning an Argument doesnt make you RIGHT!. . . Cant believe i just explained that!. . .[/size]
Re: Can A Man Rape His Wife? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Oct 21, 2011
toba:

this still boils down to u using a word with several meaning and interpretations under the law. [b]Im not married to u and forcefully had a carnal knowledge of u is quite different from im married to u and forcefully had a carnal knowledge of u. [/b]do u agree with me?
[size=14pt]Hmm! Law of Forcible "Carnalology!" Pls Explain, i dont agree!. . .[/size]
Re: Can A Man Rape His Wife? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Oct 21, 2011
sexkillz:

[size=14pt]Yeah! The law is an A[b]S[/b]S!. . . And because Wiki said so doesnt mean it's true! Or you actually believe everything you hear, or read? You allow your conscience to be guided by the consciences of lawyers, who apparently have NO REGARD for morality? How many times has a lawyer set a known criminal free? In law, it's all about winning an Argument! Winning an Argument doesnt make you RIGHT!. . . Cant believe i just explained that!. . .[/size]
hmm u are enlarging the scope of the discourse by importing morality into it. Morality will lead us into asking many questions. Is it morally right for a wife to deny her husband $ex? will it be morally right for the husband to go look outside cos the wife had denied him his right unjustly?
Re: Can A Man Rape His Wife? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Oct 21, 2011
sexkillz:

[size=14pt]Hmm! Law of Forcible "Carnalology!" Pls Explain, i dont agree!. . .[/size]
i've answered/explained it already. Marriage is a legal institution in the eyes of the law hence this issue of raaappe in marriage hasnt been clearly prohibited or outlawed. but any kind of forceful penetration without the consent of one of the parties in a relationship which is not backed by law attracts a punishment. I think the jail term for rrrappe in Nigeria is not less than 11 years behind the bar. Im yet to see a married man jailed in Nigeria for rrraape

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Court Discharges, Acquits Rasheed Ladoja Of N4.7bn Fraud Charge / Nigeria Loses N3.133trn To Cybercrime Annually — NITDA DG / Sylvester Oromoni: Okowa Backs Lagos On School Closure, Vows To Ensure Justice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.