Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:40 AM

Gadhafi Was Fashion-conscious Until The End - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Gadhafi Was Fashion-conscious Until The End (1413 Views)

Own A Classic Suit: Budget Conscious Suit / How Does A Guy Who Is Conscious Of His Dressing Translate To Gay. / Are Nigerian People Brand-conscious, Trendy And Chic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gadhafi Was Fashion-conscious Until The End by Remii(m): 9:54pm On Oct 21, 2011
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/envoy/gadhafi-looks-conscious-until-end-155524820.html

Gadhafi was looks-conscious until the end
By Phoebe Connelly | The Envoy – 4 hrs ago

(AP Images)
Thursday brought to an abrupt end the months-long hunt for Libyan strongman Moammar Gadhafi. But as authorities seek to piece together a timeline of his final moments, some striking reminders of his extravagant lifestyle have emerged.

The Washington Post reports Friday that when investigators performed DNA testing on Gadhafi's body, they learned that the vainglorious strongman was wearing a wig. Interim Prime Minster Mahmoud Jibril told the Post that an autopsy team took samples of Gadhafi's blood, saliva and hair--and soon discovered that the hair did not actually belong to the former dictator. Gadhafi's body is now at a mosque outside of Sirte.

The former dictator was known for his vanity--in March, a Brazilian plastic surgeon came forward with an account of a four hour cosmetic procedure he'd performed on Gadhafi in 1995. "He told me that he had been in power for 25 years at that time, and that he did not want the young people of his nation to see him as an old man," Dr. Liacyr Ribeiro told the AP. "I recommended a facelift, but he refused." Gadhafi received hair plugs and had fat from his belly injected into his face to counteract the appearance of aging. The operation occurred in the middle of the night in Gadhafi's compound in Tripoli. He insisted on local anesthesia, so he could remain awake during the procedure; midway through the surgery, he paused to snack on a hamburger.

Gadhafi's hair, real or fake, was a signature. In a 2009 piece anointing the dictator a style icon, Vanity Fair said that Gadhafi's tonsorial look betrayed the influence of wild-maned rock impresario Phil Spector. The magazine put together a slide show of the dictator's fashions--a "homage to a sartorial genius of our time."

1 Like

Re: Gadhafi Was Fashion-conscious Until The End by Remii(m): 9:56pm On Oct 21, 2011
more

Re: Gadhafi Was Fashion-conscious Until The End by Remii(m): 9:57pm On Oct 21, 2011
more

Re: Gadhafi Was Fashion-conscious Until The End by Remii(m): 9:58pm On Oct 21, 2011
more

Re: Gadhafi Was Fashion-conscious Until The End by Remii(m): 10:19pm On Oct 21, 2011
see

Re: Gadhafi Was Fashion-conscious Until The End by Remii(m): 10:21pm On Oct 21, 2011
see

Re: Gadhafi Was Fashion-conscious Until The End by Natasha2(f): 10:24pm On Oct 21, 2011
hmmmmm grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Gadhafi Was Fashion-conscious Until The End by nanidee(f): 9:40pm On Oct 22, 2011
hm!! baddddddddest guy. wink wink
Re: Gadhafi Was Fashion-conscious Until The End by InkedNerd(f): 11:12pm On Oct 23, 2011
I liked his clothes kiss

R.I.P Gadhafi cry
Re: Gadhafi Was Fashion-conscious Until The End by yme1(f): 2:06pm On Oct 26, 2011
I felt so down and sad when this man got killed sad
so unfair cry cry cry
R.I.P Sir
Re: Gadhafi Was Fashion-conscious Until The End by Kx: 2:13pm On Oct 26, 2011
y me:

so unfair cry cry cry
R.I.P Sir
really,how, why?
Re: Gadhafi Was Fashion-conscious Until The End by deols(f): 5:00pm On Oct 26, 2011
wearing the map of Africa looks patriotic.

may God forgive him his sins
Re: Gadhafi Was Fashion-conscious Until The End by adetunrayo(f): 5:19pm On Oct 26, 2011
no forgiveness after death.
Re: Gadhafi Was Fashion-conscious Until The End by InkedNerd(f): 5:31pm On Oct 26, 2011
y me:

so unfair cry cry cry
R.I.P Sir

I know what you mean. The few people who did care about Mama Africa, is gone cry

(1) (Reply)

Meet FRANCA AIDE, Nigeria's Most Talented Upcoming Actress / Kids Jelly Sandals Directly From Usa / Modified: 2weeks Makeup Training for an amazing deal of 4k! Click for details.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.