Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,384 members, 7,808,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:53 AM

How Do Men Want To Be Loved? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do Men Want To Be Loved? (4700 Views)

Help! Am I Too Dark-skinned To Be Loved? / Do Men Want Skinny Women? / Why Do Men Want To Marry Virgins? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do Men Want To Be Loved? by trinigirl1(f): 11:48pm On Sep 12, 2007
I have a burning question. Every now and then my man asks me "Why do you love me"? And honestly, I'm stumped, because I love him unconditionally, not because he does anything for me, just for who he is, good and bad. So I give him one thing I admire about him, like I might say "I love you because you're strong, you're a survivor, and you always manage to make any difficult situation still work in your favour in the end".

He just gets quiet, and I'm not quite sure what he's thinking.

Please tell me, is there a particular way a man wants to be loved/seen by his woman?
Re: How Do Men Want To Be Loved? by naijacutee(f): 12:22am On Sep 13, 2007
That, my sister, is the million-dollar question.

Subcribes to thread.
Re: How Do Men Want To Be Loved? by tundewoods(m): 12:28am On Sep 13, 2007
Men want to be loved for who they are and not what they are or have.
Re: How Do Men Want To Be Loved? by labiyemmy(m): 1:05am On Sep 13, 2007
absolutely.
Re: How Do Men Want To Be Loved? by trinigirl1(f): 1:13am On Sep 13, 2007
ok fine. but what do they want to hear when they ask the question "Why do you love me?"
Re: How Do Men Want To Be Loved? by Raymond88(m): 1:22am On Sep 13, 2007
Men want to be loved with good hot sex. tongue
Re: How Do Men Want To Be Loved? by chaloo(m): 1:54am On Sep 13, 2007
Why they ask such a question from a Lady? Probably, because they are not sure about themselves. A man who is sure about himself would not ask such a question.
What answer they would like to hear from a woman? Probably, unneccesary praise.
Re: How Do Men Want To Be Loved? by henry007(m): 1:57am On Sep 13, 2007
unless eve asked adam such a dumb question, then i can give u a reasonable answer
Re: How Do Men Want To Be Loved? by ssRhino: 2:47am On Sep 13, 2007
trini- when u asked such question, be honest about it, but every man wanna be loved, cos of who he is, and cos of his being, and his heart and not cos of his pocket or looks
Re: How Do Men Want To Be Loved? by fatty27: 4:41am On Sep 13, 2007
@Chaloo,
you are wrong, ma.
Re: How Do Men Want To Be Loved? by swiftycool(m): 9:16am On Sep 13, 2007
Listen honies!
when u've got a reason 4 loving someone, its not unconditional, what if he gets weak, disabled, ugly from a disfiguring accident (fire, acid), cant perform anymore (in bed) 4 some resons, acquires a terminal disease, becomes broke, loses his means of livelihood or is degraded amongst fellow men. Would u still love him?
if you truely can then u really do love him. But we guys know very few women can do all that, when all d chips r down. So we just mostly take ur "I love yous" 4 face value!
ONLY MOMMAS can love u that much! or do u think she has a reason 4 loving u? Nah she just does nomatter how useless, and bleeped up u get.  cheesy
Re: How Do Men Want To Be Loved? by hucarson(m): 9:41am On Sep 13, 2007
Good food.
Re: How Do Men Want To Be Loved? by saucekid(m): 12:22pm On Sep 13, 2007
you wont expect a man to tell ya how he wants to be loved,
a man shows you how he wants to be loved
Re: How Do Men Want To Be Loved? by NaJaHaJe(f): 12:40pm On Sep 13, 2007
I think he's insecure hence why he's seeking assurances for you. You are acting like his mirror mirror on the wall.

Love better expressed through action rather than words.

Yes it is important to say 'I LOVE YOU' every once in a while; but that does not equate any absent actions.

when next he asks you that question;,,,,,, go close to him, hold him, look him in eye and ask him in a sultry voice;,,,,,, 

baby, why u want to know?
Re: How Do Men Want To Be Loved? by Easybaby(f): 12:43pm On Sep 13, 2007
chaii .  . . this love issue again undecided

*clear throat* tongue

*Reaching for my menthols* wink

*i will be back shortly* cheesy grin
Re: How Do Men Want To Be Loved? by efficiencie(m): 3:37pm On Jun 13, 2021
A real man needs a woman that:
1. Says what she means and means what she says (not the one that says NO but means YES)
2. Submits to a real man and not to a fool.
3. Wants to build with her man and not walk into an already built man
4. Is wise, prudent and discreet
5. Controls her environment in the place of prayer
Re: How Do Men Want To Be Loved? by bepositive11: 5:03pm On Jun 13, 2021
tundewoods:
Men want to be loved for who they are and not what they are or have.

How does "who they are" and "what they are" differ?

(1) (Reply)

Revealed: The Most Beautiful Woman In The World! / What Will Make A Girl Give Out Sex Freely? / 10 Things Men Do In Bedroom That Nigerian Women Hate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.