Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,393 members, 7,808,383 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:16 AM

Easiest Course To Read In University - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Easiest Course To Read In University (25494 Views)

The Only English Sentence That When Read In Reverse Will Still Be The Same / Opinion: Easiest Course To Study In The University Is- Electrical Engineering / Disaster In University Of Uyo As Fire Guts Girls Hostel [see Photo] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Easiest Course To Read In University by Nobody: 12:45pm On Oct 22, 2011
to you, what is the easiest course to read in the university for a businessman who wants to run biz and school part-time. one which will not be hard to read and does not require a lot of mathematical equations.
Re: Easiest Course To Read In University by olawalebabs(m): 7:01pm On Oct 22, 2011
It all depend on you capacity and interest, there is no course that is hard or cheap. To answer you now. Business Administration is your best bet, but you said you don't want calculation. In biz admin there are some calculations there sha
Re: Easiest Course To Read In University by Nobody: 7:18pm On Oct 22, 2011
Thanks Wale. I still need more contributions.
Re: Easiest Course To Read In University by chamber2(m): 4:56am On Oct 23, 2011
If you need a course that does not require mathematics then i will suggest you go for political science, philosophy or sociology. Just as someone already said, there is no easy course in the university, all courses require effort and time to be understood.
Re: Easiest Course To Read In University by fjjc(m): 9:42am On Oct 23, 2011
The political science in some schools require mathematics most especially oauife.the best course that suit your interest is business administration.
Re: Easiest Course To Read In University by chamber2(m): 9:56am On Oct 23, 2011
what is the mathematics in political sci apart from statistics? Those in political science are expected to take statistics at their 200 and maybe 300 levels. It's not peculiar to IFE alone.

The poster seems to be a busy person and therefore needs a course that he can combine effectively with his business. Reasonably, as a business man, business admin would have been the ideal course for him. But in this case he needs something he can handle along side his business.

In business admin you get to take the following mathematics courses;

Business mathematics
statistics
Micro and macro economics
Accounting
Cost and mgt accounting
Business forecasting etc

These courses require proper attention and hard work compared to political science courses. In a typical political sci program you are expected to take the following course;

African politics
Political thoughts
Nigerian legal system
Statistics for social science
Local govt admin
Sociology
etc

Compare and make your choice.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Easiest Course To Read In University by yamakuza: 12:40am On Oct 24, 2011
He can study English or any other Arts subject.
Re: Easiest Course To Read In University by Nobody: 6:31am On Oct 24, 2011
Thanks for all contributions, but i still need more opinions.
Re: Easiest Course To Read In University by sammirano: 1:00pm On Oct 24, 2011
perhaps you can study Yoruba.
Re: Easiest Course To Read In University by highland(m): 1:11pm On Oct 24, 2011
Go for Business administration/management. it will help a little, but the ultimate education is in practice.
Re: Easiest Course To Read In University by Nobody: 1:27pm On Oct 24, 2011
Mass Communication.
Re: Easiest Course To Read In University by engrj(m): 1:41pm On Oct 24, 2011
Wow this is a post i have been looking for, Pls Can anyone help me with the list of all the University in Lagos state that have part time programs apart from Unilag. & Lasu. , university alone not poly pls.
Re: Easiest Course To Read In University by prince0(m): 2:07pm On Oct 24, 2011
Read any art course like history, international relations, sociology, english with these you can read even at night.
Re: Easiest Course To Read In University by member479760: 3:39pm On Oct 24, 2011
hin town language!
Re: Easiest Course To Read In University by courage89(m): 3:45pm On Oct 24, 2011
I think marketing will do the trick. Not too much calculation involved and it will help with your business
Re: Easiest Course To Read In University by Goodcare(m): 4:39pm On Oct 24, 2011
guz i apprciate this ,
Re: Easiest Course To Read In University by Nobody: 4:40pm On Oct 24, 2011
Why not study any of the following; Stat, Math or Physic and Astronomy. grin grin grin
Re: Easiest Course To Read In University by lifestyle1(m): 4:50pm On Oct 24, 2011
bigmodo:

to you, what is the easiest course to read in the university for a businessman who wants to run biz and school part-time. one which will not be hard to read and does not require a lot of mathematical equations.

You are going into business wish will involve cash transaction and what have you, why don't you just take your time and learn or do you want some one to be in charge of your money? well you can still Go for Marketing,
Re: Easiest Course To Read In University by jmoore(m): 6:47pm On Oct 24, 2011
engr j:

Wow this is a post i have been looking for, Pls Can anyone help me with the list of all the University in Lagos state that have part time programs apart from Unilag. & Lasu. , university alone not poly pls.

National open university
Re: Easiest Course To Read In University by jmoore(m): 6:53pm On Oct 24, 2011
@ poster, there are no easy courses

you can do business related courses.

If you like national open university, you can study Business management and Entrepreneurial
Re: Easiest Course To Read In University by Bigsolo88: 7:30pm On Oct 24, 2011
U can study library and information science

1 Like

Re: Easiest Course To Read In University by seedord247(m): 8:21pm On Oct 24, 2011
You can study Food and Nutrition. cheesy cheesy
Re: Easiest Course To Read In University by dipoley2k(f): 9:02pm On Oct 24, 2011
[size=16pt]STUDY IN MALAYSIA (UK CAMPUS)[/size]
Study for and complete international Masters, degrees and diploma programmes from UK in Malaysia Campus. You can also opt to transfer to universities in Australia and UK after a year or two in Malaysia.
Get your Admission from the following Educational Institutions Malaysia Campus:
* University of East London (Degree & Masters program)
* University of Coventry UK (Degree program)
* Edexcel UK (HND), AND SO MUCH MORE.
[size=13pt]Diploma : Nursing,Business and IT[/size]
[size=13pt]DEGREE :[/size]
Three (3) Years UK Degree Program-Full Time
BACHELOR OF ENGINEERING (HONS) CIVIL ENGINEERING,BACHELOR OF ENGINEERING (HONS) ELECTRICAL & ELECTRONIC ENGINEERING (POWER/ CONTROL/COMMUNICATIONS),BSC (HONS) SOFTWARE ENGINEERING,BA (HONS) ACCOUNTING & FINANCE,BSC (HONS) BUSINESS INFORMATION SYSTEMS,BA (HONS) BUSINESS STUDIES
BA (HONS) GRAPICS,BA (HONS) 3D,BA (HONS) FASHION DESIGN,BA (HONS) PHOTOGRAPHY ,BA (HONS) ANIMATION,BENG (HONS) MECHANICAL ENGINEERING,BENG (HONS) MECHANICAL ENGINEERING (DESIGN).
BENG (HONS) CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT,BENG (HONS) ARCHITECTURAL DESIGN TECHNOLOGY,BENG (HONS) QUANTITATIVE STUDIES AND COMMERCIAL MANAGEMENT.ETC
[size=13pt]MASTERS :[/size]
Master of Science in Computer Systems Engineering (Control Systems) - University of East London, UK
Master of Science in Computer Systems Engineering (Software Systems) - University of East London, UK
Master of Science in Computer Systems Engineering (Integrated Systems) - University of East London, UK
Master of Science in Mobile Communications - University of East London, UK
Master of Science in Civil Engineering - University of East London, UK
Master of Science in Computer Systems and Engineering - University of East London, UK
Master of Science in Business Information Systems - University of East London, UK
Master of Science in Information Technology - Anglia Ruskin University, UK

[size=16pt]VISIT MALAYSIA[/size]
VISIT MALAYSIA FOR BUSINESS OR PLEASURE--->We will be able to :
*Make HOTEL RESERVATION and Guide you through point of Entry at the Airports.
*SECURE VISA
*TICKET BOOKING (Optional)
*ARRANGE AIRPORT PICKUP
*SECURE AFFORDABLE ACCOMMODATION

[size=15pt]For Enquires on Admission/Visa Processes call :
Contact Nigeria (LADI) : 08062858628 or 07085734710
Contact Malaysia (MIKE) : +60146624459
Email : overseasadmission@rosaad.com[/size]
Re: Easiest Course To Read In University by dipoley2k(f): 10:30am On Oct 25, 2011
[size=16pt]ONLINE MASTERS
[/size]
Master of Business Administration - Distance Learning
Master of Business Administration is one-year graduate program from (Scandinavian Art and Business Institute Finland)
Master of Arts in Business Administration is one year graduate program. It bears 120 ECTS credits.This program is available as Distance-Learning program. Total amount of tuition fee for this program is USD 11800 and students pay in three installments

For Enquiries on Admission :
Contact Nigeria (LADI) : 08062858628 or 07085734710
Contact Malaysia (MIKE) : +60146624459

Email : overseasadmission@rosaad.com
Re: Easiest Course To Read In University by Elhef(m): 11:42am On Oct 25, 2011
chamber2:

[sub]what is the mathematics in political sci apart from statistics? Those in political science are expected to take statistics at their 200 and maybe 300 levels. It's not peculiar to IFE alone.

The poster seems to be a busy person and therefore needs a course that he can combine effectively with his business. Reasonably, as a business man, business admin would have been the ideal course for him. But in this case he needs something he can handle along side his business.

In business admin you get to take the following mathematics courses;

Business mathematics
statistics
Micro and macro economics
Accounting
Cost and mgt accounting
Business forecasting etc

These courses require proper attention and hard work compared to political science courses. In a typical political sci program you are expected to take the following course;

African politics
Political thoughts
Nigerian legal system
Statistics for social science
Local govt admin
Sociology

This is the mistake that most people make, not having the depth of the requirement of various courses but just want to draw some generalization. Somebody said political science in some schools require mathematics but that statement was quickly debunked to mean that other schools also offer statistics . I graduated from OAUIFE and studied Political Scienece. I never had issues with mathematcis anyway because, it was one of my best subject in secondary school and even in the university. I did maths throughout my first year in Ife SSC 105 & SSC 106 ( mathematics for social scientist) ditto for other social science departments and administrations.
In my 2nd year, Idid statistics as well as micro and macro economics . part 3, i did contemporay political analysis that using mathematical and statistical models to analyse events, behaviours and events e.t.c I am saying all dis so that , the person asking question will not be misinformed.
Infact most people have extra years because of this misinformation. Given that they never had the depth of the requirement of the courses they are studying.
Social Science is a science, hence the application of some mathematical and scientific tools for analysis.e.g simulations , game theory, modelling e.t.c
To the poster, I will advise that you put your act togeda and study economics and try to develop your mathematical skills. It may be the best for you , so I think!
Re: Easiest Course To Read In University by chamber2(m): 12:03pm On Oct 25, 2011
Elhef:

So, after all this grammar you recommended economics? The person doesn't want a course that requires mathematics, so economics may not be a good option for him--he will be frustrated at best.

He can consider courses in philosophy, sociology, history and in't studies or maybe mass communication.

Political science is also another good option. The depth of mathematics in pol sc. is not comparable to that of economics. You need a robust understanding of mathematics to succeed in any economics program.

However, the best thing is to avoid the maths completely, no matter how little. Mass comm, philosophy, sociology and maybe history and in't studies will be okay.
Re: Easiest Course To Read In University by Elhef(m): 12:26pm On Oct 25, 2011
@ chamber 2
I suggested economics because I believe, it is going to be of great benefit to d guy. However, I have encouraged him to put his acts togeda and show interest in mathematics because I believe economics will be more beneficial to him given that he is doing business already. Or rather he should go and study law with bias in business and contract!
Re: Easiest Course To Read In University by Nobody: 6:14pm On Oct 25, 2011
i wanna talk you all for the useful contributions. i appreciate. it has been really useful indeed.
Re: Easiest Course To Read In University by bizboy01(m): 11:00pm On Oct 25, 2011
Go and study History and International Studies, its easy and you can do it without any maths
Re: Easiest Course To Read In University by Dizasparks(f): 10:58pm On Dec 11, 2016
prince0:
Read any art course like history, international relations, sociology, english with these you can read even at night.
Na so.. No course is easy that's the thing..
Re: Easiest Course To Read In University by Guru9ja(m): 7:27am On Dec 12, 2016
engrj:
sorry bro. you should have contacted guru9ja. Lasu has been ban from PT programme. Unilag, tasued,funaab, uniosun,eksu,kwasu are the schools eligible and accredited to run Part time degree courses in the southwest region

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Placard Of Protesting Sacked Kaduna Teachers: "Exam Not True Test Of Knowledge" / OAU Law Students Defy Odds To Win On Debut At Indian Competition / Roof Of Female BVER Hostel In OAU Collapses During Heavy Rain (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.