Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,372 members, 7,800,747 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:23 AM

New Upcoming Nigerian Writer - Sade Adeniran - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / New Upcoming Nigerian Writer - Sade Adeniran (3902 Views)

Who Is The Greatest Nigerian Writer Ever / The Next Nigerian Writer Who Should Win The Nobel Prize / Helen Oyeyemi: A new Nigerian writer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Upcoming Nigerian Writer - Sade Adeniran by sbabes: 12:20am On Sep 13, 2007
A friend of mine recently self-published her debut novel called Imagine This. I'd like to help her out by posting it on this forum and raise her profile a little bit. She's received some great reviews, but without a multimillion advertising budget, she needs the word of mouth thing to work for her. Check out her website @ www.imaginethisthenovel.com and check out the reviews below. The book is available on Amazon.co.uk

http://www.pambazuka.org/en/category/books/42867
http://www.sandiegochronicle.com/articles/viewArticle.asp?articleID=31450
http://meandmybigmouth.typepad.com/scottpack/2007/08/major-investmen.html
Re: New Upcoming Nigerian Writer - Sade Adeniran by Orikinla(m): 2:39pm On Sep 15, 2007
I have read the reviews.

Let me tell you how to push the novel far and wide.

Let the author publish one of her best short stories and enter it for the Caine Prize for African Fiction. Because, the Caine Prize has so much to offer very talented creative writers.

If you make the last five, the Caine Prize committee will invite you to the final prize giving ceremony and increase your mileage and patronage.

If your novel is good and you are very sure of your genius, let the publisher submit it for the Commonwealth Prize for Literature.

These two prizes open doors for African writers.

Helon Habila won the Caine Prize with a short story that he self-published and he had to borrow to send it to the organizers. But today, he is one of our literary icons of the new generation and included in the anthology of the best new writers from Nigeria.

If you follow my advice, your creative genius will take you places and open new doors for you.

Just go and make us proud.
Re: New Upcoming Nigerian Writer - Sade Adeniran by Orikinla(m): 2:57pm On Sep 15, 2007
Congratulation to Sade Adeniran.

"Imagine This" is selling fast and only one copy is left on Amazon.Co.UK

Re: New Upcoming Nigerian Writer - Sade Adeniran by Seun(m): 8:34pm On Sep 16, 2007
Tip: Promote the book and not the author.
Re: New Upcoming Nigerian Writer - Sade Adeniran by enugu(f): 2:55pm On Sep 17, 2007
heard about it on choice fm so bought the book on amazon. fantastic. read it in a few hours. was worth every penny. Sade, well done and more grease to your elbow!!!!
Re: New Upcoming Nigerian Writer - Sade Adeniran by Ndipe(m): 9:19pm On Sep 17, 2007
Is this from the same author whose book is "The (Airegin?) Dream? I mean, it was spelled backwards from Nigeria
Re: New Upcoming Nigerian Writer - Sade Adeniran by TrueBrit: 10:36pm On Sep 17, 2007
Nah, that was someone else. Can't remember her name.
Re: New Upcoming Nigerian Writer - Sade Adeniran by subice(m): 11:06pm On Sep 17, 2007
The reviews sound good and being someone who enjoys novels, i think i'll grab a copy and see what it's like. I've always believe Nigeria is a talent bubble.
Re: New Upcoming Nigerian Writer - Sade Adeniran by Ndipe(m): 11:21pm On Sep 17, 2007
Thanks@trueBrit.

The literary field in Nigeria is undergoing (should I say) a second renaissance, again. More grease to their elbows.
Re: New Upcoming Nigerian Writer - Sade Adeniran by Bosdem(f): 12:21pm On Sep 18, 2007
Well done sis.
Re: New Upcoming Nigerian Writer - Sade Adeniran by Rodent: 12:34pm On Sep 22, 2007
Hey, i've written about this lass in the past and I'm sooo happy she is getting recognition for her literary prowess.
This is a book to read, i'd even stick out my neck as far as to say if you genuinely dont like the read i'll give you back the cover price, grin it's a book many will be able to relate to.
I've spoken to people who have read this novel, many shed a tear, the majority were so gripped they were unable to put it down, the general concensus? They are all eagerly awaiting the sequel!!!
Talent always breaks forth and floats to the surface!!
Re: New Upcoming Nigerian Writer - Sade Adeniran by newera(f): 8:53am On Sep 27, 2007
It will be good to know where this book can be purchased in Nigeria.
Re: New Upcoming Nigerian Writer - Sade Adeniran by Consultant(f): 8:42pm On Sep 29, 2007
I just finished this book and to be honest, Chimamanda has nothing on this girl. Imagine this is a very great book and Sade is extremely talented. I am looking forward to the sequel already.
Re: New Upcoming Nigerian Writer - Sade Adeniran by olawale03(m): 12:36am On Oct 08, 2007
how and where can i get this book
Re: New Upcoming Nigerian Writer - Sade Adeniran by Hosiris: 1:02pm On Jan 29, 2008
Apparently you can pick up a copy from Book Worm and Farafina on Victoria Island.
Re: New Upcoming Nigerian Writer - Sade Adeniran by oldie(m): 1:52pm On Jan 30, 2008
Hosiris:

Apparently you can pick up a copy from Book Worm and Farafina on Victoria Island.

Pls can you give us actual addresses of Book Worm or/and Farafina?
Phone numbers and e-mail addresses will also suffice
Re: New Upcoming Nigerian Writer - Sade Adeniran by Hosiris: 8:28pm On Feb 05, 2008
Sorry don't know about Farafina sad However, Bookworm's address is Unit 6 Eko Hotel Shopping Complex, 1 Ajose Adeogun St, Victoria Island.

Just got their email and it's sales@bookwormlimited.com
Re: New Upcoming Nigerian Writer - Sade Adeniran by sbabes: 8:45pm On Feb 14, 2008
Imagine This has just been shortlisted for the Commonwealth prize.

http://www.commonwealthfoundation.com/news/news/detail.cfm?id=392
Re: New Upcoming Nigerian Writer - Sade Adeniran by Ndipe(m): 4:30am On Feb 15, 2008
I wish her the best. It appears her book is doing well and getting recognition. Her nomination for the CommonWealth prize is an added plus. Do you know the author personally? How can one get in touch with her?
Re: New Upcoming Nigerian Writer - Sade Adeniran by sbabes: 10:30am On Feb 15, 2008
Yes I do know her personally, which is why I'm doing all I can to promote her book.

If you want to email her, there is a link on her website www.ImagineThisTheNovel.com
Re: New Upcoming Nigerian Writer - Sade Adeniran by kay9(m): 4:23pm On Feb 26, 2008
@ oldie: Farafina is at www.kachifo.com

@orinkila: How does one enter for the Caine Prize, cos i have lots of short stories over here.
Re: New Upcoming Nigerian Writer - Sade Adeniran by sbabes: 1:37am On Mar 15, 2008
Yeah the winners have been announced and Imagine This won best first book for the Africa region of the Commonwealth prize. Congratulations to Sade, I'm proud to be your friend cheesy

http://www.commonwealthfoundation.com/culturediversity/writersprize/2008/regionalwinners/
Re: New Upcoming Nigerian Writer - Sade Adeniran by Ndipe(m): 1:00am On Mar 16, 2008
Congratulations to Sade Adeniran. It's nice and encouraging to know that a self published writer has won an award.
Re: New Upcoming Nigerian Writer - Sade Adeniran by Seun(m): 9:16pm On Mar 23, 2008
Wow. Happy for her. Here's an excerpt from the novel: http://www.sades-world.com/book.pdf
Re: New Upcoming Nigerian Writer - Sade Adeniran by Hosiris: 12:09am On Oct 20, 2008
More news cheesy

Imagine This has been long listed for the World Book Day campaign Books to Talk About. If you've read Imagine This, please follow the link below to vote and comment. It needs your vote to get into the next round, if you haven't read it, you can still vote. Registration takes 2 mins.

http://www.spread-the-word.org.uk/pages/books-2009/book-detail.asp?BookID=17
Re: New Upcoming Nigerian Writer - Sade Adeniran by hillus: 10:25pm On Dec 19, 2012
[url]focfunds..com[/url] get your free gifts ebooks etc
Re: New Upcoming Nigerian Writer - Sade Adeniran by Bec(f): 2:18pm On Dec 20, 2012
'Imagine This' is a must read for everybody that loves literature,she presented her imagery with ease, she blends the African world and the Western world together smoothly.she's the bomb. I'm sure she'll make it.she's a great writer.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria@57: Happy Independence Day Messages, Quotes, Poems / BECOME LANDLORD WITH N350,000 (XMAS PROMO N250,000 ENDING 19TH DEC) 07068198049 / Bawomolo Should Be Immortalized

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.