Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,804 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:08 PM

My Mother Is Trying To Break My Home - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mother Is Trying To Break My Home (8177 Views)

Must I Befriend My Husband Mistress Before There Will Be Peace In My Home? / My Mother Is Trying To Turn Me Against My Father. / My hubby want me to break my sim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Mother Is Trying To Break My Home by Flaix(f): 5:54pm On Oct 22, 2011
So, i know it seems somewhat farfetched, but my mum is really bent on makin my husband send me out of our home, and i'll nid advice on how best to handle dis situation . She had me when she was nineteen but my dad didn't marry her cos she was wayward but he accepted me (i'm his carbon copy). So she travelled to d US and married anoda man and has 2 kids for him. When i was fifteen she came to pick me from nigeria and within a week of my gettin †ђξré i ran away cos she was really beatin me and accusing me of havin slept wiv diff men while in naija, and dat i was tryin to snatch her husband. After her problems with social security, she sent me back home. So, i started a new life without her. Now 11years later i got married early dis year and just had a new baby, she started callin that she wants to see her granddaughter and dat she's a pastor now, soo i let my guard down and allowed her come, within days of meeting my nu family and MIL who came for omugwo she started callin them dat why would such a nice man like my husband marry an illegitimate child like me, dat i stole in d US and i'm promiscuous, to my husband and MIL! I called her and was very rude, cos they were all lies as my husband married me a virgin. Please d issue is giving me sleepless nights. I nid your advice. The only thing changed is d country she lives in. Ask me for more details and i'll giv it. Thank you
Re: My Mother Is Trying To Break My Home by Dyt(f): 6:07pm On Oct 22, 2011
Gd u know she s d prob
get er outta ur way
she s no gd

1 Like

Re: My Mother Is Trying To Break My Home by Flaix(f): 6:18pm On Oct 22, 2011
But my husband instructed me not to even respond to anythin she says, and i believe everythin she's sayin is seed she sowing in dier minds. And she won't stop callin dem cos of d episode i had wiv her
Re: My Mother Is Trying To Break My Home by Dyt(f): 6:26pm On Oct 22, 2011
Find everyway 2 get er off ur track
u wanna loose ur hubby?
Re: My Mother Is Trying To Break My Home by Nobody: 6:31pm On Oct 22, 2011
If your husband knows who you are and married you why should you let her rantings give you sleepless nights? Totally ignore her and block all access to her, she cannot destroy your home unless you let her. I know its hard having such a mother but you have come this far without her help so toughen up, you are a mother and a wife too now, make ur own nest and man it well, don't let anyone give you sleepless nights.
She cannot poison anybodys mind against you as long as you continue to love, respect and care for ur husband you kids and your husbands family. Be strong, be tough and don't give urself BP, enjoy ur marriage don't let her frustrations get to you. You have achieved what she can never have

1 Like

Re: My Mother Is Trying To Break My Home by Smilenw(f): 7:04pm On Oct 22, 2011
I guess you should listen to your husband. Pay no attention to her.

On the other hand, if the whole thing is troubling you so much,you could ask your father to come over and talk to your husband and in-laws.
Re: My Mother Is Trying To Break My Home by Flaix(f): 7:14pm On Oct 22, 2011
Thank you sooo much, God bless you.
Re: My Mother Is Trying To Break My Home by dvonne(f): 8:06pm On Oct 22, 2011
Ask her firmly to desist from coming to your home. Politely tell her she is no longer welcome !
Re: My Mother Is Trying To Break My Home by Outstrip(f): 4:41am On Oct 23, 2011
Are you in the US. If you are then all you need is to prove that she is harassing you. You need to get a restraining order on her if you can. To me she is dangerous
Re: My Mother Is Trying To Break My Home by Nobody: 4:45am On Oct 23, 2011
What kinda mother is she?

I think your mother is dealing with mental disorder. This is not an insult. Take her to a psychologist in nigeria.

I am not joking, there are cases like this.

2 Likes

Re: My Mother Is Trying To Break My Home by ifyalways(f): 6:45am On Oct 23, 2011
@OP,Have you informed your dad? He should know how to handle her.
Re: My Mother Is Trying To Break My Home by Nobody: 7:25am On Oct 23, 2011
Ileke-IdI is right oh! Cos that's what came to my mind too.
My mum did similar things in the past.

In fact all the tell tale sighns r there. My mum also got ordained as a pastor later.

But now its really obvious somthing has been wrong for ages.

Op its really painfull but u have to pray for her but she really needs help. Lyk another poster said, man ur own nest.
Re: My Mother Is Trying To Break My Home by Flaix(f): 11:20am On Oct 23, 2011
You see, my dad already spoke to my MIL and he told me dat she has always been like that, he even mentioned d mental case issue. She has returned to the states, but she has sent me over 50 mssgs(which she automatically forwards to my husband nd MIL), insultin nd cursin me dat i won't stay long in my marriage(i didn't invite her). ‎she expected my life to be over when she sent me back home and now dat I'm ok she wants to destroy it. Thank you all for takin time out to respond.
Re: My Mother Is Trying To Break My Home by Flaix(f): 11:35am On Oct 23, 2011
She just left friday night, I've missed 96 calls and receivd over 50 sms.
Re: My Mother Is Trying To Break My Home by Nobody: 12:43pm On Oct 23, 2011
^^Can yous change your number?

1 Like

Re: My Mother Is Trying To Break My Home by Outstrip(f): 1:03pm On Oct 23, 2011
Also please see if your husband and MIL will be okay with changing theirs. I am glad you have a good relationship with your MIL because something like this can be used against you if things go sour. I wish you well
Re: My Mother Is Trying To Break My Home by Flaix(f): 5:48pm On Oct 23, 2011
I've sincerely noted all advice, I'm grateful.
Re: My Mother Is Trying To Break My Home by Nobody: 9:07pm On Oct 23, 2011
I think it is a psychological thing about mothers and kids out of wedlock or kids they gave up for adoption (more %), they tend to detest them soo much that they dont wish them well most especially when they eventually turned out good just like you [/b]and Oprah Winfrey (for example) did.

Change [b]ALL
your numbers and buy your in-laws new sim if need be, she has to stop getting to you by all means, she is just regretting what she has done and doesn't want to accept the fact that you are doing fine without her help. She might get over it and she may not forever.

I know its not easy to get your mind off it but try and find peace with yourself and your immediate family and go on with your life without her. Life is too short , enjoy your family. It is well.
Re: My Mother Is Trying To Break My Home by GoldCircle: 10:23pm On Oct 23, 2011
Not every body that flies at night on a broom with a cone hat is a witch!Some operate in the open just like this woman here! WTF!!! sounds like one of them superstory thingy! can a mother really do this to her child?? I think as for me, I'll go any length to severe any ties i have with her!

@ OP,
Pls do all you can to get 'that woman" outta your house AQAP!!!

2 Likes

Re: My Mother Is Trying To Break My Home by 2mch(m): 12:36am On Oct 24, 2011
Just change your number and have it in mind that you only have one parent. If she has mental problems which i think is also a factor, her new family will take care of that. Protect your own family by just cutting off all communication. Your MIL can be the mother you never had. Not all birth parents are supposed to be parents. Protect your family and kids from this monster. This is if what you are writing here is true.
Re: My Mother Is Trying To Break My Home by tellwisdom: 1:15am On Oct 24, 2011
Freix, can i see ur pant?? undecided undecided. I knw it klin
Re: My Mother Is Trying To Break My Home by Nekai(f): 3:02am On Oct 24, 2011
Scary! Mental illness is a horrible thing. sad
Re: My Mother Is Trying To Break My Home by Flaix(f): 8:05am On Oct 24, 2011
Thank you. i've never seen a mother like mine,even my husband doubted she culd be dat bad which was why he encouraged me to let her come to Nigeria to meet my new family, now he understands, cos everybody can see wat she's trying to do. @2much Its the truth, it currently happening to me.
Re: My Mother Is Trying To Break My Home by Nobody: 8:20am On Oct 24, 2011
//
Re: My Mother Is Trying To Break My Home by Nobody: 9:13am On Oct 24, 2011
shocked @ topic send her back to where she came from.before its too late!how can a mother be that cruel!
Re: My Mother Is Trying To Break My Home by Nobody: 9:31am On Oct 24, 2011
Dyt:

Gd u know she s d prob
get er outta your way
she s no gd

Stop writing on this Kamikaze writings, u are confusing people's eye here

@ OP, give her a date to leave, but do it in a gentle way
Re: My Mother Is Trying To Break My Home by adanny01(m): 9:47am On Oct 24, 2011
Threaten to sue her and serve her her own medicine by calling her husband. Before you do make sure your hubby and mil change their numbers. Let your father also call her husband. your father should be able to help protect you.
@ topic send her back to where she came
from.before its too late!how can a mother be that
cruel!
@ OP, give her a date to leave, but do it in a
gentle way
I believe she's left.
Re: My Mother Is Trying To Break My Home by adanny01(m): 9:47am On Oct 24, 2011
Threaten to sue her and serve her her own medicine by calling her husband. Before you do make sure ur hubby and mil change their numbers. Let ur father also call her husband. Ur father should be able to help protect you.
Re: My Mother Is Trying To Break My Home by 9icelag: 9:57am On Oct 24, 2011
just take it easy and move on as if nothing ever happened in d near future if u have misunderstanding with ur hubby he may abuse u with it but pls dont let it get to u take it as your cross meanwhile be a good wife and mother ur good deeds will speak for you
Re: My Mother Is Trying To Break My Home by atasteve: 10:17am On Oct 24, 2011
You see, my dad already spoke to my MIL and he told me dat she has always been like that, he even mentioned d mental case issue. She has returned to the states, but she has sent me over 50 mssgs(which she automatically forwards to my husband nd MIL), insultin nd cursin me dat i won't stay long in my marriage(i didn't invite her). ‎she expected my life to be over when she sent me back home and now dat I'm ok she wants to destroy it. Thank you all for takin time out to respond.

A mother's love is meant to be protective and edifying but as it is reverse is the case. Your husband is asking you not to respond (that is perfect and you must obey him absolutely) but you know that you have to stand for what is rightfully yours if not for your sake BUT FOR THE SAKE OF YOUR CHILDREN! You can't afford to allow anything happen to your marriage since you don't want your children to go thru what you are going thru.

Going forward, show your mother love by assisting her to get help but keep her at arm's length and ASK God for help as concerning your marriage.

God will see you through.
Re: My Mother Is Trying To Break My Home by kpolli(m): 10:36am On Oct 24, 2011
Just tell ur husband that ur mother is a depressed biatch who is jealous of u cos she never married the man that disvirgined her. . . . So now she is a depressed soul cos she has realised ur far better than her. . . Plus I hope u have already told ur husband about ur past experiences wiv her
Re: My Mother Is Trying To Break My Home by andyanders: 10:41am On Oct 24, 2011
@Flaix

It's a pity your mother is a replica of devil and you should watch her before she gets nasty. I am sorry to use those words.What I am saying here is, she might turn fetish and now change your husband's good attitude to something nasty diabolically as an African.
Send her out now, since she is already married. She got an agenda. That agenda is from the devil.  What is inside her equally wants you to pass through same process she passed through.
Now, you need a real true and strong man of God, like Prophet T B Joshua to get you out of this situation before it gets too late. You need prayers. If you have MYTV cable, watch Emmanuel TV(Sundays/Mondays) and you will come to see that most of this kind of problems could be a family curse.
She can destroy your home if steps are not taken to get this issue out of your life.

(1) (2) (Reply)

When The Right One Loves You Right. / Drug Abuse: When Last Did You Check Your Children’s Bags? – NAFDAC / Is It Right For A Husband To Carry His Plate To The Kitchen After Eating?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.