Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,379 members, 7,808,346 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:40 AM

My Mother Is Trying To Break My Home - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mother Is Trying To Break My Home (8176 Views)

Must I Befriend My Husband Mistress Before There Will Be Peace In My Home? / My Mother Is Trying To Turn Me Against My Father. / My hubby want me to break my sim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mother Is Trying To Break My Home by Kay1kay1(m): 10:44am On Oct 24, 2011
@ Poster

You have to take control here. She's your mum. You've got your life. You are blessed to have an understanding hubby.

Suggestions:

(1) Pray and FAST concerning this matter. She could be causing similar issues to other ladies wherever she's pastoring.

(2) Make that visit the first and last, even if she's appointed G.O. tomorrow.

(3) Make your financial obligations towards her laser-quick and "Bluetoothed".

You have to fight but with wisdom.
Re: My Mother Is Trying To Break My Home by fm7070: 11:07am On Oct 24, 2011
@poster,
this case is a serious one. however, its not new under the sun. We have some mothers that are worse.
Firstly, I want you to build your family (most importantly your husband and children) on Solid Rock = Jesus.
On Him, no storm can move you and your family. Move closer to God.

Agree with your husband to disconnect with her. If he stops responding to her calls and texts, she will stay on her own

I pray for you that every hiding forces that fought your mother and conquer will not prevail over you in Jesus name.

, it is well
Re: My Mother Is Trying To Break My Home by Nobody: 11:31am On Oct 24, 2011
[color=000099] what kind of mother is that? @op get rid of her asap, but as you do that please pray seriosly, i dont think that kind of attitude is normal[/color]
Re: My Mother Is Trying To Break My Home by Meristem: 12:34pm On Oct 24, 2011
someone said my mind verbatim, but i'm going to stress something there for ur own gud. ''she cant throw u out as long as u continue to LOVE, RESPECT, RESPECT, RESPECT, RESPECT AND CARE FOR UR HUBBY'' note well d emphasis. The surest way to disrespect ur hubby (and get thrown out!)is to take on his mother. Let HIM do it. this is the most freq committed blunder in marital crises. if you goof on dis one, ur on your own. Good luck.
Re: My Mother Is Trying To Break My Home by nairapark: 12:39pm On Oct 24, 2011
Pray, pray and take action! cool
Re: My Mother Is Trying To Break My Home by cynthiafred67(f): 12:57pm On Oct 24, 2011
@op
She does not deserve 2 be called a mother if she can say such abt her own child then she can even kill,Send her packing ASAP she is not only dangerous to ur home she is a grate danger 2 ur life as well pray and fast abt. God will not let her to destroy ur home.
Re: My Mother Is Trying To Break My Home by highland(m): 2:44pm On Oct 24, 2011
Don't allow her.
Re: My Mother Is Trying To Break My Home by shumno(f): 3:56pm On Oct 24, 2011
Op, it's a pity this is happening don't give yourself sleepless nights you hear? Hand over everything to God and He will sustain you. It is well with you!
Re: My Mother Is Trying To Break My Home by upuphim(m): 4:08pm On Oct 24, 2011
You do not need to waste time on these developments.  At first your mother lied that she is a pastor but what are you seeing now.  Are you waiting until she turns fetish before you take action? For impersonating a pastor she could be opposite.

I advise you to send her away as fast as possible.  Husbands in such circumstances normally will not show any sign to support but in their heart they are against anything that gives their wives discomfort.

Once again send her packing.
Re: My Mother Is Trying To Break My Home by fali: 5:27pm On Oct 24, 2011
Hi Flaix.
I really salute your courage. Kindly take to people's advice. Try and as much as possible to change all your lines including ur husband line. You can as well relocate because your mum can send hired assassin to ur house if care is not taken. Please note that your husband is ur mum for now. Dont allow devil to use anybody to un-seat you from where u are planted.
God will fight for you but you have to apply wisdom in all. Exodus 14:14
Re: My Mother Is Trying To Break My Home by dayokanu(m): 5:58pm On Oct 24, 2011
Na real wa oo
Re: My Mother Is Trying To Break My Home by Flaix(f): 6:21pm On Oct 24, 2011
i'm deeply touched that I'm gettin such wealth of wisdom from people who don't know me, i actually cried, wow. May the Almighty God continue bless you and may you all find help in your time of need. Again, thank you
Re: My Mother Is Trying To Break My Home by gaposite: 9:27pm On Oct 24, 2011
Since you know where are your problem coming from then assume as if she is not existing. You are just fortunate that you have parents on earth. If at all she can deny you now, let her go ahead and do. she is not relevant again in your life and moreso stop every means of contact to your husband because rubbish she is saying in the presence of husband might be used against you by your husband in future because slight quarrel is not predictable in every relationship.
Re: My Mother Is Trying To Break My Home by Busybody2(f): 9:29pm On Oct 24, 2011
Flaix:

So, i know it seems somewhat farfetched, but my mum is really bent on makin my husband send me out of our home, and i'll nid advice on how best to handle dis situation . She had me when she was nineteen but my dad didn't marry her cos she was wayward but he accepted me (i'm his carbon copy). So she travelled to d US and married anoda man and has 2 kids for him. When i was fifteen she came to pick me from nigeria and within a week of my gettin †ђξré i ran away cos she was really beatin me and accusing me of havin slept wiv diff men while in naija, and dat i was tryin to snatch her husband. After her problems with social security, she sent me back home. So, i started a new life without her. Now 11years later i got married early dis year and just had a new baby, she started callin that she wants to see her granddaughter and dat she's a pastor now, soo i let my guard down and allowed her come, within days of meeting my nu family and MIL who came for omugwo she started callin them dat why would such a nice man like my husband marry an illegitimate child like me, dat i stole in d US and i'm promiscuous, to my husband and MIL! I called her and was very rude, cos they were all lies as my husband married me a virgin. Please d issue is giving me sleepless nights. I nid your advice. The only thing changed is d country she lives in. Ask me for more details and i'll giv it. Thank you

There is good physical health

There is poor physical health

There is good mental health

There is poor mental health

If your Mum was rather suffering from poor physical health and battling something such as Cancer, HIV, or some other physical infirmity that limits what she can do in life, would you be here screaming your head off that her medical condition is going to break your marital home and people should come and help you tie her to the stakes with a burning tyre thrown round her neck for good measures undecided

It is even obvious from your talks with your Father that she has had this poor mental issues since she was in her teens yet he could not get help for her, but could only castigate her for being wayward when he himself slept with her when she was just aged 18 or even younger, wow undecided And we are not talking about girls in this generation who starts sleeping around from their early teens, but waaaaaaaay back in those days where women are subjected to so much pressure to stay chaste till they got married, again all i can say is wow undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: My Mother Is Trying To Break My Home by delpee(f): 10:16pm On Oct 24, 2011
Change your lines or stop using the one she knows for a while. Your husband understands what is happening so you need work with him to get her out of your life. Shes not happy that you are doing well without her though the mental issue sounds plausible. I wish she could be helped but the effort alone is capable of destabilizing your home. Ignore her tantrums and move on with your life. Pray constantly for your family and for her. God will protect you always.
Re: My Mother Is Trying To Break My Home by walcolm(m): 7:59am On Oct 25, 2011
Flaix:

I've sincerely noted all advice, I'm grateful.

be wise which advise you take, not all advise no matter how well intentioned is worth paying attention to

if i was in your shoes, i'll pray but i wont go to any pastor or change church to seek spiritual help. like someone mentioned, what is happening to you is not new under the sun, as a matter of fact, there's no affliction that is peculiar, they are all common among men
i agree with your observation that her statements and texts will sow seeds in the minds of your new family about you. the pitfall is that some things that would have been overlooked in the past will now be read differently by your new family based on some of the things your mother has sowed in their minds. this is another reason for you to pray and keep praying
i hope your husband is wise enough to know that if you didnt sleep around and he met you a virgin, now that you have so much to loose, you have no reason to be unfaithful to him back to point number 2 above, so keep praying and seeking God's divine intervention

even if you change your number, will your MIL and husband change their numbers? you can ignore her calls and sms but since she knows how to copy your MIL and husband in her text messages to you, if you change your number you wont know what damaging info she is sending out so you might want to keep your 'enemy close' by keeping your number

pls also realise that you dont owe her anything, the fact that she's your biological mother doesnt mean you owe her anything. so dont let her blackmail you with that. if she falls into problems and requires help that she cannot get from her current family, help out and leave it at that
Re: My Mother Is Trying To Break My Home by Rossikk(m): 4:08am On Oct 26, 2011
The problem, poster, is that you are weak. You've been brainwashed by all that 'respect' bullshiit. I only respect those who respect themselves, whether you are my mother, or even God. Next time you speak with her, ACTUALLY TELL HER TO GO TO BLAZES, and WARN HER that if she TRIES YOU, she will live to regret it (and mean it). Show her that side of you and you'll be shocked how she'll react like the cowardly mouse she really is.
Re: My Mother Is Trying To Break My Home by Nobody: 5:29am On Oct 26, 2011
Rossikk:

The problem, poster, is that you are weak. You've been brainwashed by all that 'respect' bullshiit. I only respect those who respect themselves, whether you are my mother, or even God. Next time you speak with her, ACTUALLY TELL HER TO GO TO BLAZES, and WARN HER that if she TRIES YOU, she will live to regret it (and mean it). Show her that side of you and you'll be shocked how she'll react like the cowardly mouse she really is.

Like we in Ekiti would say; We give respect when respect is due.

We usually lay low for incident to occur until it's third occurrence, that's when you see bull's eyes.

3 warnings are just about enough.

I'd have send her to an institution to get helped.

Everyday, I just have to thank God for the mother I have. What a beautiful woman, inside and out.
Re: My Mother Is Trying To Break My Home by Nobody: 1:03pm On Oct 26, 2011
walcolm:

pls also realise that you dont owe her anything, the fact that she's your biological mother doesnt mean you owe her anything. so dont let her blackmail you with that. if she falls into problems and requires help  that she cannot get from her current family, help out and leave it at that

Wow, you got me there, you def got me there. I posted on some thread about a mother who did not find anything wrong with a relative sleeping with her daughter, even if such a mother is mentally disturbed, I honestly do not want anything to do with her, let her go find her cure herself.
Re: My Mother Is Trying To Break My Home by Obodo999(m): 10:56pm On Jul 21, 2014
If your husband knows who you are and married you why should you let her rantings give you sleepless nights? Totally ignore her and block all access to her, she cannot destroy your home unless you let her. I know its hard having such a mother but you have come this far without her help so toughen up, you are a mother and a wife too now, make ur own nest and man it well, don't let anyone give you sleepless nights.
She cannot poison anybodys mind against you as long as you continue to love, respect and care for ur husband you kids and your husbands family. Be strong, be tough and don't give urself BP, enjoy ur marriage don't let her frustrations get to you. You have achieved what she can never have
Re: My Mother Is Trying To Break My Home by Kanwulia: 4:29am On Jul 22, 2014
A woman with a HUSBAND and a CHILD acting helpless with a PSYCHO MOM? undecided
WO! If na me ehn? I GO "ARRANGE" her seriously. . . . Pretend like say nor be me do am!!!! cool
If she see me for road, she go catch CONVULSION by the time I finish with this kain PATIENCE OZOKWOR kind of DEMON-IN-LAW! kiss

I GO so shooooooooow am ehn!
SHE WILL BE BANNED FROM MY LIFE FOREVER!
This is not a MOTHER-DAUGHTER relationship on ANY LEVEL. YOU ARE PLAYING WITH A WITCH!!!!! kiss
You are a woman like herself, time to teach her a lesson or 2! kiss
But privately. . . .away from your husband, MIL and child.
Meet her outside YOUR HOME and WARN HER NEVER TO COME ANYWHERE NEAR YOU . . . .Or else, SHE WILL BE ASSASSINATED ON THE SPOT! kiss

Guuuuuuuuuurl!!! No one can break your home UNLESS YOU EMPOWER HIM OR HER TO DO SO! kiss
Re: My Mother Is Trying To Break My Home by Nobody: 7:23am On Jul 22, 2014
It's her mom we talking about. She needs a psychologist since she's mentally disturbed and not violence like you implying
Kanwulia: A woman with a HUSBAND and a CHILD acting helpless with a PSYCHO MOM? undecided
WO! If na me ehn? I GO "ARRANGE" her seriously. . . . Pretend like say nor be me do am!!!! cool
If she see me for road, she go catch CONVULSION by the time I finish with this kain PATIENCE OZOKWOR kind of DEMON-IN-LAW! kiss

I GO so shooooooooow am ehn!
SHE WILL BE BANNED FROM MY LIFE FOREVER!
This is not a MOTHER-DAUGHTER relationship on ANY LEVEL. YOU ARE PLAYING WITH A WITCH!!!!! kiss
You are a woman like herself, time to teach her a lesson or 2! kiss
But privately. . . .away from your husband, MIL and child.
Meet her outside YOUR HOME and WARN HER NEVER TO COME ANYWHERE NEAR YOU . . . .Or else, SHE WILL BE ASSASSINATED ON THE SPOT! kiss

Guuuuuuuuuurl!!! No one can break your home UNLESS YOU EMPOWER HIM OR HER TO DO SO! kiss
Re: My Mother Is Trying To Break My Home by Kanwulia: 7:40am On Jul 22, 2014
kulyie: It's her mom we talking about. She needs a psychologist since she's mentally disturbed and not violence like you implying

That is not my business.
I deserve SOME FORM of normalcy in my own life. cool
She will not be allowed to propagate such curses in MY OWN LINEAGE I have createed with my husband.
Guaranteed!

She will have to seek that help somewhere else. . . FAR AWAY FROM ME.
She has other children. Let her face them o. kiss
I will choose to be her MINUS ONE till death do her part! kiss
I really will not care! kiss

Those who want love, respect and consideration MUST first practice them!
She will not be missed.
My mama nor go fit try am. SHE KNOW MY OWN KRASE nor get end! kiss
My whole family know WELL-WELL! Go and ask them if you fit.
Nor be dis wan we we sidon dey type for NL o. . . .Hmmmm!
I will not need ANY GOD OR ALLAH to teach her the gravest lessons of her life.
She go CRY GO GRAVE. . . and I will NOT EVEN SPIT ON IT WHEN SHE DIES! kiss
kiss

I go show am if she mess with moi o!
This na WOMAN TO WOMAN O. . . I will not even remember we are related by 'bloodz' when that time comes o.
I DON'T PLAY THAT! kiss
I am not boasting. . .you fit go ask my own mama wetin I fit take her eye and nose see ke! grin
She nor dey krase near my husband o. kiss
IF SHE TRY AM. . . .

TELL IT NOT IN GATH. . . AND PUBLISH IT NOT ON THE STREETS OF ASKELON!

EBENEBE!!!!

Una wey dey read BIBLE. . .Go and read Micah 1:10-16! kiss
Re: My Mother Is Trying To Break My Home by Kanwulia: 7:55am On Jul 22, 2014
. . . .And I quote:

[size=20pt]“Tell it not in Gath;[/size] weep not at all; in Beth-le-aphrah roll yourselves in the dust. Pass on your way, inhabitants of Shaphir, in unclothedness and shame; the inhabitants of Zaanan do not come out; the lamentation of Beth-ezel shall take away from you its standing place. For the inhabitants of Maroth wait anxiously for good, because disaster has come down from the LORD to the gate of Jerusalem. Harness the steeds to the chariots, inhabitants of Lachish; it was the beginning of sin to the daughter of Zion, for in you were found the transgressions of Israel. Therefore you shall give parting gifts to Moresheth-gath; the houses of Achzib shall be a deceitful thing to the kings of Israel. I will again bring a conqueror to you, inhabitants of Mareshah; the glory of Israel shall come to Adullam. Make yourselves bald and cut off your hair, for the children of your delight; make yourselves as bald as the eagle, for they shall go from you into exile.”

cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: My Mother Is Trying To Break My Home by Nobody: 10:27am On Jul 22, 2014
Kanwulia don sign o grin grin grin grin grin
Kanwulia:

That is not my business.
I deserve from normalcy in my own life.
She will not be allowed to propagate such curses in MY OWN LINEAGE I have created with my husband.
Guaranteed!

She will not be missed.
kiss

This na WOMAN TO WOMAN O. . . I will not even remember we are related by 'bloodz' when that time comes o.
I DON'T PLAY THAT! kiss
I am not boasting. . .you fit go ask my own mama wetin I fit take her eye and nose see ke! grin
IF SHE TRY AM. . . .

EBENEBE!!!!

Re: My Mother Is Trying To Break My Home by beau49: 12:09am On Jul 23, 2014
Kanwulia:

That is not my business.
I deserve from normalcy in my own life.
She will not be allowed to propagate such curses in MY OWN LINEAGE I have created with my husband.
Guaranteed!

She will not be missed.
kiss

I DON'T PLAY THAT! kiss
IF SHE TRY AM. . . .

EBENEBE!!!!

cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin This woman no go kill person....#hilarious

(1) (2) (Reply)

When The Right One Loves You Right. / Drug Abuse: When Last Did You Check Your Children’s Bags? – NAFDAC / Is It Right For A Husband To Carry His Plate To The Kitchen After Eating?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.