Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,115 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 04:02 AM

Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (13639 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa by suxes2006(m): 6:20pm On Oct 22, 2011
Hi all,

I receive calls every now and then about usa visit visa and
when i tell peeps how to go about it, they think i am
lying or something.

SO i want to use this medium once again to discuss usa visit
visa and how 'easy' to get it!

BRB

SHALOM
Re: Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa by sabbath7th: 4:57pm On Oct 23, 2011
USvisit visa is easy to get all you have to do is convince the officer that you'll come back after the visit. Now thats the hardest part cause US considers everyone going to US as a potential immigrant. Unless its for a business purpose most 90% of the people from Nigeria cannont afford to visit the US. So telling the officer that you are going to US for a holiday is not going to work.

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa by suxes2006(m): 10:41am On Oct 24, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^

That's a good point from your own perspect.
More advice are welcome here!

SHALOM
Re: Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa by DAY12(m): 10:53am On Oct 24, 2011
Subscribing !!! wink
Re: Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa by sabbath7th: 4:18pm On Oct 24, 2011
Also many times people tell that "The officer did not even look at the documents I took" this is because they have already made the decision from the DS-160 you have submitted. Also your documents say a lot about your situation and the VO is looking for certain red flags. For ex there is huge deposit in your bank account days before the interview will raise a red flag or you are a young bachelor wanting to go to the US for holiday. Even worse, is if you have any relative in the US sending you invitation, because the VO will see it as you have a greater chance of staying in the US cause you have someone there.
Also there is no appeal for Non Immigrant visas, the VO decision is final. So if you want to go to US then prepare atleast a year ahead and build your account balance gradually and hold a steady job and invest in property. So you won't have to waste 140$.
AN AGENT CANNOT GET YOU A US VISA!!!
Re: Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa by abayoureal: 3:45pm On Oct 26, 2011
Help in my case,i've secured an appointment interview date.i actually want to go on visit,using my leave period{2 weeks}.i work as a teller in a bank and i have a relative in u.s giving me an invitation, pls,what are the chances of securing a visa?
Re: Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa by sabbath7th: 6:33pm On Oct 26, 2011
I don't think the invitation is going to help you, infact it might work against you. Since you have an relative there the VO might think that you have more chance of staying in the US . You have to prove to the VO on your own that you will come back to Nigeria after your visit is over. You have to show stronger ties to Nigeria.

How old are you?
Are you M or F?
Are you married and have kids?
Do have have a steady job and how long are you working in that job?
Do you own tangable proprety in Nigeria, like a land or house in your name?

IF all the above are satsified then they'll see if you have enough funds to cover your trip.
Your bank statments should show steady balance of funds
You should not have had a big deposit just before the interview to boost your balance etc.

Also when you answer any questions look in the eye and answer, do not look away or look down when talking to the VO and be consistant in your answers.

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa by abayoureal: 10:56am On Oct 27, 2011
@sabbath 7th,thank you so much for your words.Though,am a male,28th of age,still single,ave been working for 4 years now, already working on a house project and am really building up my statement of account,
Though,when filling the ds-160 form i put the address of my invitee in the u.s as the place i will like to stay when getting to u.s,
But,before the interview date can i make an hotel reservation to convince the vo,
Also can i go to the registry with my fiancee atleast i can tell them that i had the wedding after i filled my ds160 form,
pls,wat do you think about this idea?
Re: Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa by imperiouxx(m): 12:01pm On Oct 27, 2011
Saying you got married after filling DS will land you what you don't like. You filled in Oct and your interview is Jan and you can't put into consideration your up coming wedding so that you include it? Say that again grin Just refill your DS160 even after you have book a date. Just go to update profile and insert the new DS160 code and get another confirmation with the new DS code. print and there you go.

2 Likes

Re: Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa by abayoureal: 12:18pm On Oct 27, 2011
@imperiouxx and all others in the house,thank you so much for that idea,so appearing before the VO as a married man,wat are the document i will show as evidence?And is it necessary i remove the address of my invitee?and which address should i put as the place i would stay when arriving to U.S.
Also,should i deny that i know nobody in the U.S, ?plssssss,your contributions are highly welcome,
Thank you allll,
Re: Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa by sabbath7th: 1:30pm On Oct 27, 2011
Do I need a notarized letter of invitation in order to apply?

The Embassy does not require applicants to provide an invitation from a party in the United States. If you choose to present an invitation or letter from your relative, friend, or business contact in the U.S., please bring it with you on the day of your interview. Please do not send invitations or letters directly to the Embassy. Since invitations are not required documents, they may be presented in any format, such as email or fax. There is no need to notarize an invitation, and there is no standard format or requirements as to its content.

If you already filled it out like that then just leave it and tell the truth. Remember the if your ties to Nigeria outweighs the VO preception that you'll stay in the US then you'll get the Visa. So work on getting the doccuments necessary to show that you have strong ties to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa by abayoureal: 1:55pm On Oct 27, 2011
@sabbath 7th,so,wat u"re sayin is that we can make use of a valid notarized invitation letter, that show that we should not deny we ave relatives in the state, And can their address be filled in the ds160 form as the place to arrive to in the u.s, ?
Asper the TIES, is marriage and job enough?what other things can one add?
Re: Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa by damola1: 6:21am On Oct 28, 2011
imperiouxx:

Saying you got married after filling DS will land you what you don't like. You filled in Oct and your interview is Jan and you can't put into consideration your up coming wedding so that you include it? Say that again grin Just refill your DS160 even after you have book a date. Just go to update profile and insert the new DS160 code and get another confirmation with the new DS code. print and there you go.

Is it important to get another DS code, if for example I have an interview date on Monday, and had written that I had never really left Nigeria which was true as at the time of application, however just got back from a short trip to the UK?, Is it important to have to update the DS 160 for such information?

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa by imperiouxx(m): 6:47am On Oct 28, 2011
@damola,

Sure mehn, I guess your pp now carries UK visa. So fill another DS, include your trip to UK and insert it as I have explained and get new confirmation printed. It boosts your chance if you are seeking visiting or tourism visa to US. Note this, your old DS doesn't exist once you give them a new DS code. It is the DS code you gave them that would be used to assess you. Goodluck!
Re: Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa by imperiouxx(m): 6:52am On Oct 28, 2011
@abayour,

Marriage, job and landing property are your best ties to your country. Also, if you have bonds or fixed deposit but those above is enough.

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa by damola1: 7:04am On Oct 28, 2011
imperiouxx:

@damola,

Sure mehn, I guess your pp now carries UK visa. So fill another DS, include your trip to UK and insert it as I have explained and get new confirmation printed. It boosts your chance if you are seeking visiting or tourism visa to US. Note this, your old DS doesn't exist once you give them a new DS code. It is the DS code you gave them that would be used to assess you. Goodluck!

Thank you. However, is the VISA AND trip not an obvious fact on the passport?, I remember I really took my time to fill that DS 160 form, going over it again no be beans, I left university in a year and date am unsure of, so I just chose something around that time, This is not some tourism, this is for a business visa.
Re: Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa by imperiouxx(m): 7:20am On Oct 28, 2011
damola1:

Thank you. However, is the VISA AND trip not an obvious fact on the passport?, I remember I really took my time to fill that DS 160 form, going over it again no be beans, I left university in a year and date am unsure of, so I just chose something around that time, This is not some tourism, this is for a business visa.

Sure. However, I didn't know when I resumed uni but when I graduated is clearly stated on my cert. So for this I calculated when my school usually resume semester. Yeah, one must take time in filling DS, especially first timer.
Re: Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa by damola1: 7:25am On Oct 28, 2011
Can I simply leave it out, so that the officer in charge can see the British thing him or herself?, These Americans keep data wella, I don't want to be caught in their web.
Re: Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa by Gbenge77(m): 8:44am On Oct 28, 2011
imperiouxx:

@abayour,

Marriage, job and landing property are your best ties to your country. Also, if you have bonds or fixed deposit but those above is enough.
you meant to say "landed property"?
Re: Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa by suxes2006(m): 11:26am On Oct 28, 2011
Do not forget the main resource website at www.conferencealerts.com
to check for available conferences.

SHALOM
Re: Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa by abayoureal: 2:39pm On Oct 28, 2011
@pple in the house, ,what are we saying about the singles.Is it that there is no visa for the singles applying?because pple keek mentioning FAMILY TIES, what of single guys that have good job,landed property and even good bank account?, Please talk about this,
Re: Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa by suxes2006(m): 3:20pm On Oct 28, 2011
^^^^^^^

No one says there is no chance for single guys to get visa boss

SHALOM
Re: Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa by imperiouxx(m): 7:09pm On Oct 28, 2011
Gbenge 77:

you meant to say "landed property"?

Yeah, slip of finger grin
Re: Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa by abayoureal: 3:36pm On Oct 29, 2011
CURRENT HOME ADDRESS AND LANDED PROPERTY:, guys in the house,pls let discuss this:which address suppose to be use while filling ds160 form{current HOME ADDRESS}is it where one lives presently or address on ones landed property?PLEASE ur answers are highly needed,

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa by imperiouxx(m): 4:00pm On Oct 29, 2011
Current address is where ever you dey live now.
Re: Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa by sheguru(f): 10:19am On Apr 18, 2012
am A young mother and i want to go fro my sister's graduation in august. i want to go with my two kids how do i go about the application process and also include them do i have to apply for my kids( 4years and 17months) separetely from my application?

Plss tell me in detailss how i need to proceed.

Thanks,
Mrs Justin
Re: Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa by opsy4real1: 11:21pm On Jul 04, 2012
If i secured an appointment interview date with a specific Ds 160 form and i updated anoda Ds 160 form in my profile against d initial one i booked d appoĆ­ntment date with..is it possible dat d date i secured wit d initial one wil not change despite a change in Ds 160 form
Re: Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa by suxes2005(m): 5:40pm On Jul 05, 2012
opsy4real1: If i secured an appointment interview date with a specific Ds 160 form and i updated anoda Ds 160 form in my profile against d initial one i booked d appoĆ­ntment date with..is it possible dat d date i secured wit d initial one wil not change despite a change in Ds 160 form

Break it down... to a lay man's english.

Sheyi
Re: Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa by opsy4real1: 7:37pm On Jul 05, 2012
Thank u sheyi...assuming I already got Interview appointment confirmation letter wit AA0521JDJ(DS 160 barcode confirmation code)associated wit d interview appointment confirmation for sept 10 and I decide to fill up another DS 160form e.g(A0582636VD) due to error in the previous one.Is it possible to update the new bar Code A0582636VD in my profile against d previous AA0521JDJ and the same sept 10 interview date be valid for same...thank u.
Re: Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa by suxes2005(m): 7:04am On Jul 06, 2012
You filled another ds160 form? Make sure its the number you also have on your appointment letter. Just edit it in your profile.

Sheyi
Re: Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa by opsy4real1: 11:44am On Jul 16, 2012
suxes2005: You filled another ds160 form? Make sure its the number you also have on your appointment letter. Just edit it in your profile.

Sheyi
After editing it in my profile, will my appointment date remain same or will need to be rescheduled due to the changes made?
Re: Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa by phemobay: 8:48am On Feb 28, 2013
Pls I need some guidance

I am single, I av a passport (virgin), my monthly Salary is 32k, I av a business in which av been running, I av applied ti register my Business name with corporate affairs Commission (CAC) in which I wl get a Cartificate of incorporation next week... I av a bulky Statement of account in which av bn transacting wt d account at least 250k comes weekly to d account some times 500k but I do remove d money for business purpose.... But I can afford to av a balance of 850k or more on my statement...

My uncle is invitine me to US wt his documents, his passports visa bank statement utility bills....

Please with all d above can u gv me. Some clue as to how to compose my format for d CO in lagos Consulate.... Chees.... Waiting for ur good guidance.....

(1) (2)

Nigeria Air: FG Suspends National Carrier Project / Vulture Stalking Baby / Students Coming To The Netherlands-things You Should Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.