Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,155 members, 7,807,518 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:37 PM

Would You Rather Rent Your Wedding Dress/Suit? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Would You Rather Rent Your Wedding Dress/Suit? (4030 Views)

LADIES; Can You Rock This Outfit On Your Wedding Day? / Here Comes The Bride... With The Most Awful Wedding Dress / A Wedding Dress Made Out Of Condoms (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Rather Rent Your Wedding Dress/Suit? by BABE3: 3:11am On Oct 23, 2011
The wedding is one big occasion. The wedding dress and suit are most likely going to be worn on that day, and that that day alone.

Would you rather sacrifice Memories/Ownership for Money/Savings, by renting the dress(es) and suit(s) instead of buying them?

Would you rather rent your wedding dress/Suit ?
Re: Would You Rather Rent Your Wedding Dress/Suit? by Sissy3(f): 10:24am On Oct 23, 2011
it depends on the couple's budget. if you are on a tight budget, it'd make sense to rent. although there are cheap gowns that almost anyone afford however, regardless of budget, some ppl would still rather rent cause they'd see it as waste of money/useless to buy an expensive one-night-affair dress when they can save and put the money to a good use.
Re: Would You Rather Rent Your Wedding Dress/Suit? by Godmother(f): 9:15pm On Oct 23, 2011
I would rather buy, but I would look for one within a reasonable budget but which is also beautiful.
Re: Would You Rather Rent Your Wedding Dress/Suit? by InkedNerd(f): 11:11pm On Oct 23, 2011
@OP: Good question! I've thought about it before and I've come to the conclusions that I would rather buy than rent a dress. The only problem I have with buying a dress is, what will I do with it after the wedding? So far, the only thing that comes to mind is to donate it to one of those wedding dress charities.
Re: Would You Rather Rent Your Wedding Dress/Suit? by Sissy3(f): 12:46am On Oct 24, 2011
^^^^^^^^

some ppl do keep it to give to their daughters later down the line (even though it might be out of fashion. some might like vintage stuffs) some still see it as a treasured gift

selling it is also an option.

re-inventing it into everyday wearable dress is another option- christening gown/first communion etc

some ppl do get buried in their wedding gown too
Re: Would You Rather Rent Your Wedding Dress/Suit? by MissEZ(f): 8:48am On Oct 24, 2011
For sure, its one day in my life. Will rather rent the thing and be done with once its over. I dont mind renting an expensive dress if i like it, i just dont want to have to deal with the thing when i am done.
Re: Would You Rather Rent Your Wedding Dress/Suit? by Toladipo(f): 8:51am On Oct 24, 2011
THEY ARE SOME SPENDING WHICH R NOT NECESSARY THAT WE DO AND LATER REGRET DOING. WELL I BOUGHT MINE DURING MY WEDDING BUT I MUST CONFESS TO YOU ALL THAT IF HAD THE OPPORTUNINTY OF RE DOING[color=#000099][/color] THE WEDDING I WILL CUT OFF SO MANY UNNECESSARY SPENDINGS. ALL IN THE NAME OF ITS MY DAY. IT'S YOUR DAY BUT U DONT HAVE GO BANKRUPT BECOS OF IT. THE GLORY OF GOD IS ON YOU ALREADY  SO NO MATTER WAT U PUT ON U WILL DEFINITELY LOOK BEAUTIFUL. BUT I HAVE IN PLAN TO USE MY GOWN TO SOWN FOR MY GIRL AS PARTY WEARS LATER

1 Like

Re: Would You Rather Rent Your Wedding Dress/Suit? by eghost247(m): 8:52am On Oct 24, 2011
[size=15pt]Cut Your Coat According to Size[/size]
Re: Would You Rather Rent Your Wedding Dress/Suit? by slimyem: 9:04am On Oct 24, 2011
seriously,i see spending so much of money on a dress you are going to wear for a few hours as UNREASONABLE.
If i find a dress i desire for rent,i'd rent it.if i dont,i'll make/buy one for a reasonable price that wont haunt me in later years.
Re: Would You Rather Rent Your Wedding Dress/Suit? by Demdem(m): 9:30am On Oct 24, 2011
My wife wanted to buy, however on seeing a dress that she so much loves up for rent age she opted for that. It was her choice and i have no issues with it.
Re: Would You Rather Rent Your Wedding Dress/Suit? by Tekepama: 9:42am On Oct 24, 2011
I will rather buy, and later put it for rent. Because is my day everything on me should be new.
Re: Would You Rather Rent Your Wedding Dress/Suit? by Lexusgs430: 9:54am On Oct 24, 2011
Why buy an expensive Tuxedo that you would probably never wear again ? I happily rented mine + 15 of my Grooms Men.
We all looked a Million Dollars, that we were getting request from guest to give details of where we bought our clothes from. The shock on their faces, when we said they were rented. Majority of them agreed to the notion of renting !!!!
Why buy cheap, if you can rent Expensive, for the fraction of the price ?
Re: Would You Rather Rent Your Wedding Dress/Suit? by splitnaija(m): 10:34am On Oct 24, 2011
When you have a highly focussed lady for a wife, the decision is a whole lot easier to make.
Re: Would You Rather Rent Your Wedding Dress/Suit? by semid4lyfe(m): 11:14am On Oct 24, 2011
Question. . .can't the wedding gown/dress be done in a style that it won't be too obvious it's a wedding gown and it can be worn to dinner events & stuff like that after the D-Day? after all a guy can wear his suit after that day
Re: Would You Rather Rent Your Wedding Dress/Suit? by BABE3: 11:23am On Oct 24, 2011
semid4lyfe:

Question. . .can't the wedding gown/dress be done like a style that it can be worn to dinner events & stuff like that? after all a guy wear his suit after that day

It can. However, you know women na; we/they love to stand out and go all out, especially during an occasion like one's wedding.
Re: Would You Rather Rent Your Wedding Dress/Suit? by cynthiafred67(f): 11:52am On Oct 24, 2011
Tekepama:

I will rather buy, and later put it for rent. Because is my day everything on me should be new.

^^^same here everything has 2 be new because dat day is special
Re: Would You Rather Rent Your Wedding Dress/Suit? by blank(f): 11:57am On Oct 24, 2011
I rented my own dress for GBP600 which was half the price for the dress. i knew i could av bought something cheaper but that dress was just too beautiful and i could not pay GBP1200 for a dress that no one will buy off me for half of that price and it would take up space in my luggage and space was a luxury item for me. I do not regret it for one day. I looked exquisite and i was so happy with the dress.
Re: Would You Rather Rent Your Wedding Dress/Suit? by Dandy1(m): 11:59am On Oct 24, 2011
I'm definitely buying 4 ma future wife (whoever dat turns out to be).I once saw this style in a mag. so flambouyant,bt d lower part turned out to be detatchable. Wen detatched,d upper looks just so super-smart like ur everyday gown,but exceptionally beautiful en still a bit puffy bt doesn't look much of a wedding gown anymore.
I wish 2 get one like dat,so once every year I'll make my boo will wear it to a commemorative dinner of our wedding anniversary.This is my dream!
Re: Would You Rather Rent Your Wedding Dress/Suit? by ImaIma1(f): 12:35pm On Oct 24, 2011
d wedding gown just takes up space in d wardrobe and begins to annoy u later.

u cnt throw it away cos u remember how much u lavished on it and if u keep it, ur daughter will never wear it 4 her wedding(dis is naija).and chances are you would hv outgrown it and so u cant be buried in it.

u want to give it out so ur friend or ur sis cn use it but its not their taste or they dnt want to look exactly like u on their wedding day. so it just lies there.
for me i prefer to rent or buy and make arrangements with d shop to resell.but if i see a gown dts my taste for rent, i'l prefer it.whether d gown is new or not,nobody will kno xcept u say.
i cn look better and more classy with a rented gown than someone dt buys one.
it doesnt affect d marriage.d weddin is jst a day, d marriage is a lifetime.
Re: Would You Rather Rent Your Wedding Dress/Suit? by nairapark: 12:56pm On Oct 24, 2011
I think guys can still wear theirs for various functions after the wedding but it will be very funny to see a lady wearing a wedding gown seated in an eatery.
Re: Would You Rather Rent Your Wedding Dress/Suit? by Sike(m): 1:09pm On Oct 24, 2011
Now Noted!!! in case of my turn.
Re: Would You Rather Rent Your Wedding Dress/Suit? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Oct 24, 2011
By wedding Dress, I'm taking it you mean white wedding gown.

If I were to do it all over again, I'd do neither. I'd buy me something re-useable, like our traditional outfit, that would still be useful after the wedding. Best way to conserve money, and cut off all the effizys associated with white wedding. Just my opinion.
Re: Would You Rather Rent Your Wedding Dress/Suit? by Motunmi: 3:53pm On Oct 24, 2011
@ poster,

Thanks for this thread. I am planning for my wedding next year and this same question has been on my mind - "whether to buy or to rent". My married friends always complain that the gown is taking space, you cant wear it to any occassion and all sorts which got me more confused.

I think I'm getting some points from these replies here,

Thank you all
Re: Would You Rather Rent Your Wedding Dress/Suit? by BABE3: 3:58pm On Oct 24, 2011
^^ You're very welcome.
Re: Would You Rather Rent Your Wedding Dress/Suit? by gascoign1(m): 11:59pm On Oct 24, 2011
rent joor!
Re: Would You Rather Rent Your Wedding Dress/Suit? by Nobody: 12:29am On Oct 25, 2011
Must buy mine. That's like the only thing I care for about my wedding anyway. So let me spenddddd!!! kiss cheesy
Re: Would You Rather Rent Your Wedding Dress/Suit? by BABE3: 3:21am On Oct 25, 2011
stillwater:

Must buy mine. That's like the only thing I care for about my wedding anyway. So let me spenddddd!!! kiss cheesy

You don't care for your bride/groom? grin
Re: Would You Rather Rent Your Wedding Dress/Suit? by toyemz(f): 4:26am On Oct 25, 2011
@poster
renting of a wedding dress ke
i thot tradition was that one gets buried in one's wedding dress
or has this tradition died?
Re: Would You Rather Rent Your Wedding Dress/Suit? by tripleace(m): 10:51am On Oct 25, 2011
Loving this topic. Thanks to PO.
WHERE CAN YOU RECOMMEND THAT YOU RENT SUCH AT AN AFFORDABLE PRICE FOR BOTH HIS/HERS ?
Re: Would You Rather Rent Your Wedding Dress/Suit? by realiforj: 1:46pm On Oct 25, 2011
better to rent to wasting resources in buying since its just for few hours. makes sence to rent.
Re: Would You Rather Rent Your Wedding Dress/Suit? by Maymary: 9:45am On Oct 26, 2011
I would rather rent if it is too expensive , but I bought mine at last , because I can afford this dress
http://www.buyer100.com/product.php?productid=50062&cat=0&page=1
Re: Would You Rather Rent Your Wedding Dress/Suit? by ElmA1(f): 10:00pm On Oct 26, 2011
I would rent.But it would be a very expensive one though. Its just for a few hours anyways. Renting all the way.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Beautiful Prom Dress For African Queen || Ankara Styles || Women Dresses / Natural Hair Products / Ladies: Jumia Hottest Trending Gown Right Now...dont Miss It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.