Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,944 members, 7,806,732 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:07 PM

The Emperor Alhaji Ibn Tinubuktu Of The Ashiwaju Company Of Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Emperor Alhaji Ibn Tinubuktu Of The Ashiwaju Company Of Nigeria (791 Views)

Ashiwaju Tinubu: As A Distraction. / Buhari Returns Tomorrow In The Company Of Shagari / Nomination For Ashiwaju Of Yoruba Politics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Emperor Alhaji Ibn Tinubuktu Of The Ashiwaju Company Of Nigeria by arsenefc: 11:16pm On Oct 23, 2011
he emperor is at it again."

"Which emperor is this?"

advertisement

"The Emperor Alhaji Ibn Tinubuktu."

"What has he done this time?"

"He is imposing candidates on his party men and women ahead of the up-coming local government elections."

"How can a political party impose candidates, where is the wisdom in that?"

"A political party can do whatever it likes, particularly if it is an enterprise."

"An enterprise? I don't understand?"

"The party is an enterprise and is managed as such, and benefits, cash and gains must be derived by the enterprise."

"So some people are kicking against the imposition of some candidates?"

"No single primary election has been held; candidates have been imposed for every available council position by the emperor."

"Sure this emperor does not believe in democracy and the ballot box."

"He believes in his rascals, people like him who are smart, street wise lowlifes, but with the ability to loot without leaving any trace for the EFCC to follow."

"That is unbelievable and we are supposed to be in a democracy?"

"The ACN has a unique approach to democracy and it is the enterprise approach dictated by Emperor Alhaji Ibn Tinubuktu."

"I heard party elders met with the emperor and agreed to return nearly all the incumbent chairmen for re-election while three others were swept aside without a single vote cast."

"Did you say party elders? What kind of elders are these? Elders without democratic temper or credentials surely."

"No wonder the masses of the party are demonstrating and insisting on electoral primaries."

"No primaries will take place for as long as the imposed men delivered to those who put them there, the same people they hold their continued stay in power to."

"But what have these imposed people done to merit a second term and the royal fiat of his majesty?"

"What they did or did not do for the masses are immaterial; it is what they sent to the emperor that counts."

"Then let the people team up at the poll to defeat the emperor's candidates, it is as simple as that. Remember Papa Awolowo allowed primaries in the Old Oyo State when Uncle Bola Ige showed interest and the readiness to challenge Reverend Alayande."

"Papa Awo was a democrat and the emperor is not."

"Then what is the difference between ACN and PDP? Even PDP holds electoral primaries. Though the highest bidder would eventually win at least primaries were held."

"The difference is that the PDP has no emperor while the ACN has Emperor Alhaji Ibn Tinubuktu. The emperor is all in all and his words are decrees that must be followed."

"That is very undemocratic."

"He does not care; you either take it or leave it. It is his royal road or you can move into the highway. Many have since left the party because they do not consider it democratic at all."

"Of course, it is not democratic. What a shame that that is the party of Babatunde Raji Fasola."

"Even Fasola almost got kicked out and prevented from contesting for a second term by the emperor."

"Are you serious?"

"The emperor has his way always and no one can stop him."

"In this democracy and in the 21st century?"

"Was that not the reason some left the party and others enter sidon look."

"But the man in Somolu said he has done a lot and executed some projects."

"But his party men and women said he's done nothing; they said there are no roads, no health centres, and no progress."

"Even if he's done a lot let the people still decide through the ballot box if he should repeat class and go for a second term."

"Repeat class, oh like Lucky Igbinedion? The protesters said the projects the man claimed to have executed do not exist!"

"Bogus and phony projects just like the projects Emperor Alhaji Ibn Tinubuktu carried out during his eight years."

"And then the man said his party endorsed his candidacy, did you not hear that?"

"I heard. He did not say his satisfied customers, the party faithful and the people of Somolu endorsed him, but the party."

"It is the emperor, who is also the party and the state rolled into one who endorsed him."

"That is ACN democracy for you - a demonstration of power by the monarch and maximum leader."

"But the party rumour monger said they have a problem that is cumbersome because about 20 eminently qualified persons (EQPs) are jostling for one position."

"If 20 EQPs are jostling for a position is that not the reason why a congress and party primary should be held?"

"I would think so."

"Let the primaries decide the party's candidates rather than allowing royal rascals to select and impose their will on the party."

"Even some of the imposed candidates are said to possess fake certificates and qualifications."

"Made in Chicago degrees and procured diplomas?"

"Something like that."

"The party was built on such foundation, and this is not new. Don't worry the media boys are still there to clean up the mess for the emperor."

"Our third republic, or is it fourth republic, is not growing at all."

"We have a long way to go."

"We should not allow dictators and emperors in our democracy."

"I already told you this is not a democracy."

"So what is it?"

"It is a shameful fraud, at least as things stand today."

"The emperor can't be challenged."

"Is he god?"

"He is the overall head of the party."

"And what is Chief Bisi Akande?"

"That is what he is - a chief in the emperor's kingdom."

"Then Akande is no more than the emperor's sidekick."

"Remember the emperor served two terms of eight lacklustre years."

"And so?"

"He reaped and no one said anything, so his boys, the boys handpicked by the emperor are also free to do two terms."

"They are all his puppets and he controls the ropes from his palace."

"I like that. It is a puppet show and the real entertainer is Emperor Alhaji Ibn Tinubuktu."

"He is the puppeteer and manipulator in chief of the ACN."

"Everyone must dance to the emperor's music, which is why three relations of his have been imposed and catapulted to offices."

"It is the puppet show and the theatre is part of the Nigerian landscape."

"As pointed out by Oscar Wilde, puppets have one advantage: they never argue."

"The emperor will brood no argument and he will not allow dissent in his palace."

"Honestly, I did not know it is like that until now."

"Are you serious?"

"I did not know until recently when I heard that Oloye Sarumi left the party and then read about the protests by party faithful at the local governments."

"I even heard he was behind the delay in the appointment of commissioners in Ekiti and Osun State."

"Why was that?"

"He wanted to impose candidates on the governors."

"Why would he do that? He is not the elected governor and he is just one of the leaders of the party."

"He considers himself the party and the party is his enterprise."

"What happened eventually?"

"I don't know, but I heard he nominated about half of the commissioners in those states."

"This is not a good trend at all. There is nothing wrong is someone having an influence, positive influence and making contributions, but to literally impose things on people is just unacceptable."

"He is the emperor."

"There is no place for an emperor in our democracy."

"One of your political parties has an emperor and you say there is no place for that in your democracy, what do you plan to do about that?"

"The people must wrest themselves from such an emperor-loving party by electing people who have voices and are no sidekicks of a local emperor."

"It will be difficult to dislodge this emperor."

"What makes it difficult?"

"He has full control over the rascals who aid electoral rigging and manipulate the votes."

"Then get rid of the rascals the very same way the motor tout rascals Alao Akala depended on in Oyo State were dealt with."

"It will be very difficult."

"But it is not impossible.

http://nigeriaworld.com/feature/publication/babsajayi/100511.html
Re: The Emperor Alhaji Ibn Tinubuktu Of The Ashiwaju Company Of Nigeria by Akanbiedu(m): 8:19am On Oct 24, 2011
Love the title Emperor!

OP,

BTW, when are you going to stop w-a-n-k-i-n-g?

(1) (Reply)

Undp: Nigerians’ Life Expectancy On The Rise / Boko Haram Leader’s Revelation Rattles Pdp / Robbers, Boko Haram Kill 602 Policemen In 5 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.