Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,275 members, 7,780,626 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:01 PM

Help Advice On Affordable Quality Wedding (anxious For A Reply) - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Help Advice On Affordable Quality Wedding (anxious For A Reply) (1987 Views)

Affordable + Quality Video Coverage And Photography Services / Affordable, Quality Design And Printing For Your Events / How Do I Get Quality Wedding Gowns For Sale Or Rent In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Help Advice On Affordable Quality Wedding (anxious For A Reply) by barbiedoll(f): 1:44pm On Sep 13, 2007
Hello everyone,
I'm new but I really need ur help
Please guys I need your assistance. My wedding is coming up October ending and nothing is been set in motion yet. Could u advice on d list of things I need to do. I want a guest of about 100 people, also I want a quality wedding that does not cost much, something within our affordability, say within the range of N450,000. PLEASE HELP because I don't have anyone to help, suggest or advice me on hw to start or wot to do.

you cld also suggest caterer (s)
I want to rent a wedding gown, do u have suggestions where i cld rent and at wot cost?

I appreciate any suggestion I can get.

thanx
Re: Help Advice On Affordable Quality Wedding (anxious For A Reply) by ssRhino: 1:56pm On Sep 13, 2007
how much would it cost to buy a nice wedding gown in nigeria?
Re: Help Advice On Affordable Quality Wedding (anxious For A Reply) by barbiedoll(f): 2:15pm On Sep 13, 2007
Rhino,
thanx for responding.
actually I have no idea and besides i dont want buy I just want to rent
Re: Help Advice On Affordable Quality Wedding (anxious For A Reply) by barbiedoll(f): 2:39pm On Sep 13, 2007
hello everyone,
still waitn 4 ur suggestions

thanx
Re: Help Advice On Affordable Quality Wedding (anxious For A Reply) by GeeCee(m): 4:02pm On Sep 13, 2007
Dis someone who needs assistance and nobody is helping out. Pls help dis woman especially those of u who have been invovlved in 1 way or the other.

@ Poster, sorry i can't help.
Re: Help Advice On Affordable Quality Wedding (anxious For A Reply) by benit(f): 4:30pm On Sep 13, 2007
Poster,
One thing is needful and that is a Budget. You are looking at 450,000 thereabout for like 100 people.
OK lets start like this, make a list of all expenses you are likely to have e.g
                                                                    =N=
Reception Venue                                          Bleep
Decoration
canopies/chairs(if any)
Malt (No of crates x amount)
Mineral
Juice/wine
food(total estimated cost)
Wedding Gown
Bridal accessories(flower,beads,hair etc)
Music
MC(if a professional)
etc

Monetize all the expenses and see if it suits your pocket. If you over-shoot, try and reduce some aspects vice versa.
Note that family rites like Bride price, drinks etc are also budgeted for. Plan with your partner. However it is better to over budget than to under budget because contingency will surely come up.

As for the gown aspect, it varies depends on type and location. Its adviceable you rent considering your budgeted amount because I now see  mine as an unwise purchase.
Would have loved to help more if you were based in PH but don't fret you can have a cool wedding even with 2 weeks planning.
Re: Help Advice On Affordable Quality Wedding (anxious For A Reply) by ssRhino: 6:13pm On Sep 13, 2007
for the food, u might wanna talk to those pple that cook for pple and tell them the kinda food that you wanna cook and ask how much will it be to cook for 100 pple, but u have to expect more than 100 pple if you invite 100 pple, cos of all the i heard i branch.
Re: Help Advice On Affordable Quality Wedding (anxious For A Reply) by kellorah: 12:38am On Sep 14, 2007
$$Rhino:

for the food, u might want to talk to those people that cook for people and tell them the kind of food that you want to cook and ask how much will it be to cook for 100 people, but u have to expect more than 100 people if you invite 100 people, because of all the i heard i branch.
You're hilarious. Jeez!!

@ Poster: If you've got a friend or family with a huge house you might be able to hold the reception there.
Re: Help Advice On Affordable Quality Wedding (anxious For A Reply) by ssRhino: 1:53am On Sep 14, 2007
kelorah, that is a good idea.
Poster, if it is a church wedding, cant you use the reception of the church for the reception, since you are member of the church and i am sure you must ave been paying tithes and offerings almost every sunday.
Re: Help Advice On Affordable Quality Wedding (anxious For A Reply) by osisi5: 1:57am On Sep 14, 2007
renting a wedding gown is a good way to cut cost afterall you only wear it once.
Re: Help Advice On Affordable Quality Wedding (anxious For A Reply) by ssRhino: 2:11am On Sep 14, 2007
I will blv you have families that cld give both the groom and the bride vehicles to use to and from the church.
For the honeymoon, just book a nice hotel in nigeria and spend the weekend together and treat yourslf nice.
For the food, no need to cook too many kinda food, just cook the common food like Jollof, pounded yam and give them nice drinks.
Re: Help Advice On Affordable Quality Wedding (anxious For A Reply) by barbiedoll(f): 9:06am On Sep 14, 2007
Benit
Rhino
Ceecee
kellorah
Osisi
U guys are wonderful, thanx for all ur contributions most of all Benit, u Itemized everything, now I have a picture of how to start infact I'm going to copy it out just the way u listed it out and work with it. I also wish u reside in Lagos so u can be of more assistance to me. I appreciate
Re: Help Advice On Affordable Quality Wedding (anxious For A Reply) by gentleone(f): 12:45pm On Sep 14, 2007
@barbie, how prepartion?
since u're looking at 100 people then u would definitely not need a venue because it would be a waste of money. u can have the reception in your compound or that of a family member as someone suggested.
also u might need to plan for 150/200 people cos a lot of people u dint even invite always turn up.
as per the food as well, just get people that help to cook(we call them olopo in my place), it will definitely cut cost as well instead of getting a caterer.
as for your gown/accessories, try benkol or other bridal shops @ tejuosho market.
also, check magazines like wedding planner and others for ideas and contacts.
u can try tripple bee party concepts on 08023020722 for your cake/decor, she makes very nice cakes and you can bargain with her very well once you tell her the amount you have.
also check out www.nigerianweddings.net
well, i hope i have been of help.
good luck.
Re: Help Advice On Affordable Quality Wedding (anxious For A Reply) by barbiedoll(f): 1:55pm On Sep 14, 2007
gentleone,
thanx for d advice. i will check out the website and I guess u r rite about people turning up for a party uninvited, so i will just plan towards 150 guest
Re: Help Advice On Affordable Quality Wedding (anxious For A Reply) by osisi5: 1:00am On Sep 15, 2007
barbiedoll:

Benit
Rhino
Ceecee
kellorah
Osisi
You guys are wonderful, thanx for all your contributions most of all Benit, u Itemized everything, now I have a picture of how to start infact I'm going to copy it out just the way u listed it out and work with it. I also wish u reside in Lagos so u can be of more assistance to me. I appreciate

Thanks dear.
Above all,stick to your budget come rain or shine.
Like someone advised,you can invite 100 but try to have enough food for 150.
let the people helping you share the food,cut the portions to make sure everyone gets something .

Don't care what anyone may think.
You and your sweetheart should not be bothered.
After the wedding,they all go home and you will live your lives without them.
If you borrowed money or spent all you had to impress,you'll be left to start a marriage penniless.

The wedding ceremony is just a ceremony.
My dear,you should be more concerned about a happy marriage.
I wish you the very best of God's blessing in your marriage.
May His mighty hands continually guide you and may our Lord be gracious unto you.
Re: Help Advice On Affordable Quality Wedding (anxious For A Reply) by vigasimple(m): 6:21pm On Sep 15, 2007
@ +osisi

Your miracle is here in Jesus name. for that wonderful advice to Barbiedoll

@ Barbiedoll.

That is the best advise you will get once in a lifetime from +osisi.

Read it and re-read it and print it out and let it guide you. The wedding day is just a ceremony, it is the marriage afterwards. Don't get carried away. Don't do the marriage for the ceremony. Do the ceremony for the marriage.

Submitt to your husband with your heart and in return God will make him to love you from the bottom of his heart. He will be your brother, your father and everything that will be there for you for the rest of your life. This marriage will be fruitfull with many wonderful children, those children the Lord will give you will be for signs and wonders.

May your wedding day be a memorable one.

Be happy and spend the little more than you need to spend. Speak to all your families to rally round you.

God bless and to all bachelors and spinsters looking for marital blessing, the Lord that answerth by fire will answer you speedily. Amen and amen
Re: Help Advice On Affordable Quality Wedding (anxious For A Reply) by osisi5: 12:25am On Sep 16, 2007
Amen.
I receive my miracle my dear vigasimple.
In Jesus name
Re: Help Advice On Affordable Quality Wedding (anxious For A Reply) by barbiedoll(f): 12:20pm On Sep 17, 2007
+osisi
vigasimple

What more can I say, u guys are great. I asked for one thing and I get even more, thank you! and God will grant u all ur heart desires.
Re: Help Advice On Affordable Quality Wedding (anxious For A Reply) by ayeesha: 2:06pm On Sep 19, 2007
@ barbiedoll

what do you intend to use for your traditional wedding ( that is if you are having one ). beads or gold?

if you intend to use beads, call me up on 08080661951 or email me at singingwindz2@yahoo.com

i can make make you something affordable and within your budget as well as really beautiful.

its going to be your day and yours alone and you need to stand out from the crowd!

hook me up if you are interested.
Re: Help Advice On Affordable Quality Wedding (anxious For A Reply) by ayeesha: 2:14pm On Sep 19, 2007
like someone has already mentioned, try and find some local cooks instead of caterers. they are cheaper and some of them are realy good.
as for drinks, i feel it will be better if you purchase them your self and get some drums and iced block and assign a member of your family or husband`s family to help in the serving. it is cheaper than hiring someone to supply them for you.
Re: Help Advice On Affordable Quality Wedding (anxious For A Reply) by twinskenny(m): 5:41pm On Oct 26, 2009
@ ayeesha are you base in Lagos

my wedding is coming up february i may need your input on the bead as well

thanks u can email me on 08051355133

(1)

Balloon Games For Kids' Parties / An Evening Of Music And Magic Concert / The Mass Killing Of Dolphins In Denmark

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.