Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,483 members, 7,770,178 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:47 AM

Fuel Subsidy And Fake Subsidy - Simon Kolawole - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Fuel Subsidy And Fake Subsidy - Simon Kolawole (6586 Views)

Remove Fuel Subsidy Now! World Bank Tells Buhari. / Just A Passing Glance At Buharinomics- Simon Kolawole / The Economic Structure Of Nigeria By Simon Kolawole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fuel Subsidy And Fake Subsidy - Simon Kolawole by Nobody: 5:49pm On Oct 24, 2011
I am a notorious pro-fuel subsidy “activist”. I’ve done this all my life. My reasons are twofold. One, as citizens of a petroleum-rich country, why should Nigerians not enjoy the privilege of paying lower prices for fuel? Two, in a country where over 70 percent are classified as living below the poverty line, I believe fuel subsidy is the only “social security” or “dole” that the masses enjoy. All my arguments for fuel subsidy over the years hang on these two threads. Many readers often agreed with me, while industry experts always disagreed. I’ve been involved in countless arguments over the subsidy issue. I’ve even made enemies in the process. However, my pro-subsidy resolve was badly damaged in December 2009 following the “confidential briefing” I received from an industry player who was pushing for full deregulation of the downstream sector.

In one of the most frightening briefings I have ever received on the economy, the man took me through the sordid details of how a few people milk the treasury in the name of subsidy. “Whenever you hear that the government has spent N500 billion on fuel subsidy, discount it by at least 60 per cent,” he said. “Fuel subsidy is the biggest fraud in the history of Nigeria.” He listed three aspects of the “subsidy fraud”. One, he said a fuel importer could bring in 2000 metric tonnes and claim subsidy for 8,000 metric tonnes. “The mark-up will be shared down the line,” he said. “Even if you are a pastor, you will fall for it. The money is just too much. Imagine the billions of naira available to be shared on a regular basis.

So the regulatory system is compromised and weakened.” Two, he said NNPC always imports more than it has storage facility for. “So the product is stored at private tank farms. If NNPC stores 30 million litres with your farm, you don’t have to account for 10 million litres. There is a process by which you can account for only 5 million litres as long as you know how to share the proceeds of the remaining 5 million litres with those who matter.” I jumped up, transfixed, mouth agape, arms akimbo. “Relax, Simon, relax,” he said, sarcastically. “I enjoy reading your column, but your problem is that you write too much about ideals.

Nigeria is not an ideal country. There are many things that are unheard of all over the world that you will find in Nigeria. What works perfectly in Saudi Arabia and Norway will not work here. Ask yourself: how come our refineries have not been working for ages? Name another country that has four refineries that hardly work. Do you know how many emergency billionaires we have produced through turn-around maintenance contracts in the last 20 years?” He finally listed the third aspect of the fraud. Listen to him: “When they tell you the landing cost of petrol is N100 and the pump price is N65, it means the importer will get subsidy payment of a little over N35 per litre. Now, that is another fraud. There are different grades of PMS (petrol). They do not go for the same price. In the UK, for instance, the price of leaded petrol is different from that of unleaded. In Nigeria, we don’t distinguish between grades.

We pay the same price. So the landing cost of the lowest grade may be N75, but the importer still gets a subsidy payment of about N35 instead of N10 per litre. Do the math. Multiply that by millions of litres everyday and you will understand the fraud. Remember too that the importers get paid for demurrage even if they don’t incur it. I can go on and on.” To cap it all, he said: “Simon, I can tell you authoritatively that our daily PMS consumption is not as high as officially quoted. It is the biggest fraud ever. We keep calculating subsidy on the assumption that we consume 40 million litres a day. Remember to always discount the official figures. It is good for your health.” I had never been that sober in my life. The fear of God gripped me. But I gradually summoned courage and asked: “But can’t government do something about these fraudsters? Can’t they be thrown into jail? Why should Nigerians be punished with higher fuel prices because a few people are abusing the subsidy regime?” He sighed. “What government? In a country where you can actually swear to an affidavit that you are President Barack Obama and, with a N200 bribe, the document will be stamped in court? You think these people are stealing this subsidy money without the involvement of government officials? And you think one government official will turn down N50 million just to sign a document that says you’ve brought in 10,000 metric tonnes of PMS? Are you kidding me, Simon? Are you saying you don’t know that fuel subsidy is the easiest way for government to fund patronage and reward its friends and loyalists?” Sensing that he had subdued me, he declared: “The way forward is total deregulation. Free the market. Let anybody who wants to bring in fuel bring it in at his own cost and charge the market price. The money government is spending on fake subsidy should go somewhere else that will help develop the country. That is what you should be fighting for.

Unfortunately, those of you who keep fighting for the retention of fuel subsidy don’t know that you are playing into the hands of the cabal that milks the treasury of billions and billions of naira every year.” After the encounter, I began to meditate on the way around this scandal. I came up with a two-part series entitled: “Time to Rethink Fuel Subsidy” published in February 2010, when President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua was away in Saudi Arabia receiving medical attention. I reshaped my long-held position on fuel subsidy and argued that it should be paid directly into the salary package of workers. I said there should be an item called “fuel subsidy” on the pay slip. This is like a direct transfer to the citizens. That way, the money would reach the people while fuel pricing would be left to the market. But my “amended” position was weak on many counts: what of Nigerians who don’t have jobs? How would they benefit? What of the private sector? Won’t ghost workers begin to surface to claim fuel subsidy? The major problem with my proposal is that we don’t have a national ID system where every citizen will have a social security number. So any attempt to transfer money directly to Nigerians will be massively abused. Obviously, we—the die-hard fuel subsidy “activists”—are losing the argument. But does that mean the government is winning the argument? The answer is no. To start with, I find it very bemusing the way government is handling the issue. We just woke up one day to learn that the government had written to the National Assembly saying fuel subsidy would be removed from January.

The lawmakers—who are very important in the whole game—heard of it, just like any other Nigerian, when the letter was read on the floor of the National Assembly. That is terrible. I am also not aware that the labour unions were consulted in the first place, even if they would oppose it. And, up till now, I am not aware of an articulated government presentation to Nigerians on the issue. What is the problem? What is the solution? What is the message for Nigerians? How are Nigerians going to be sure that the benefits would reach them at all after decades of failed promises? The impression I’m getting is that we are only discussing the removal of subsidy so that the governors would be able to pay the new minimum wage. If that is the case, government has already missed the road.

Already, there is a wide communication gap between the government and the people on this fuel subsidy issue, which we all know is highly inflammable (no pun intended). As for me, the only condition that can make the removal of subsidy attractive is for us to be cocksure of how we would enjoy the benefits. When Gen. Sani Abacha increased fuel prices in 1994, he set up the Petroleum (Special) Trust Fund (PTF), under the leadership of Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, to spend the savings on infrastructural development. We all saw what PTF did. It remains the best public works programme the country has embarked upon in ages. Anything short of this landmark will be a massive failure. Meanwhile, the debate continues…

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/fuel-subsidy-and-fake-subsidy-/101109/
Re: Fuel Subsidy And Fake Subsidy - Simon Kolawole by DrummaBoy(m): 6:02pm On Oct 24, 2011
Oh Nigeria
I lament you
So this is it?
May this REVOLUTION brhin quick!
Re: Fuel Subsidy And Fake Subsidy - Simon Kolawole by Nobody: 11:29pm On Oct 24, 2011
Lord have mercy! This is legalised stealing nobody can fight the machinery behind this unless its oxygen supply is cut.
Re: Fuel Subsidy And Fake Subsidy - Simon Kolawole by hercules07: 3:47am On Oct 25, 2011
My own question is if a government can not take on criminality, why should it expect the ordinary citizen to bear the brunt?
Re: Fuel Subsidy And Fake Subsidy - Simon Kolawole by arsenefc: 4:24am On Oct 25, 2011
How I wish Nigerian writers werent so boring.
Re: Fuel Subsidy And Fake Subsidy - Simon Kolawole by ektbear: 4:44am On Oct 25, 2011

He sighed. “What government? In a country where you can actually swear to an affidavit that you are President Barack Obama and, with a N200 bribe, the document will be stamped in court?

lmao grin grin grin
Re: Fuel Subsidy And Fake Subsidy - Simon Kolawole by Nobody: 7:23am On Oct 25, 2011
In one of the most frightening briefings I have ever received on the economy, the man took me through the sordid details of how a few people milk the treasury in the name of subsidy. “Whenever you hear that the government has spent N500 billion on fuel subsidy, discount it by at least 60 per cent,” he said. “Fuel subsidy is the biggest fraud in the history of Nigeria.” He listed three aspects of the “subsidy fraud”. One, he said a fuel importer could bring in 2000 metric tonnes and claim subsidy for 8,000 metric tonnes. “The mark-up will be shared down the line,” he said. “Even if you are a pastor, you will fall for it. The money is just too much. Imagine the billions of naira available to be shared on a regular basis.

So the regulatory system is compromised and weakened.” Two, he said NNPC always imports more than it has storage facility for. “So the product is stored at private tank farms. If NNPC stores 30 million litres with your farm, you don’t have to account for 10 million litres. There is a process by which you can account for only 5 million litres as long as you know how to share the proceeds of the remaining 5 million litres with those who matter.

Nigeria is not an ideal country. There are many things that are unheard of all over the world that you will find in Nigeria. What works perfectly in Saudi Arabia and Norway will not work here. Ask yourself: how come our refineries have not been working for ages? Name another country that has four refineries that hardly work. Do you know how many emergency billionaires we have produced through turn-around maintenance contracts in the last 20 years?”

When they tell you the landing cost of petrol is N100 and the pump price is N65, it means the importer will get subsidy payment of a little over N35 per litre. Now, that is another fraud. There are different grades of PMS (petrol). They do not go for the same price. In the UK, for instance, the price of leaded petrol is different from that of unleaded. In Nigeria, we don’t distinguish between grades.

We pay the same price. So the landing cost of the lowest grade may be N75, but the importer still gets a subsidy payment of about N35 instead of N10 per litre. Do the math. Multiply that by millions of litres everyday and you will understand the fraud. Remember too that the importers get paid for demurrage even if they don’t incur it

Simon, I can tell you authoritatively that our daily PMS consumption is not as high as officially quoted. It is the biggest fraud ever. We keep calculating subsidy on the assumption that we consume 40 million litres a day. Remember to always discount the official figures

You think these people are stealing this subsidy money without the involvement of government officials? And you think one government official will turn down N50 million just to sign a document that says you’ve brought in 10,000 metric tonnes of PMS? Are you kidding me, Simon? Are you saying you don’t know that fuel subsidy is the easiest way for government to fund patronage and reward its friends and loyalists

Already, there is a wide communication gap between the government and the people on this fuel subsidy issue, which we all know is highly inflammable (no pun intended). As for me, the only condition that can make the removal of subsidy attractive is for us to be cocksure of how we would enjoy the benefits. When Gen. Sani Abacha increased fuel prices in 1994, he set up the Petroleum (Special) Trust Fund (PTF), under the leadership of Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, to spend the savings on infrastructural development. We all saw what PTF did. It remains the best public works programme the country has embarked upon in ages. Anything short of this landmark will be a massive failure. Meanwhile, the debate continues…
Re: Fuel Subsidy And Fake Subsidy - Simon Kolawole by Buckie10: 7:35am On Oct 25, 2011
The picture painted here is the closest to what is actually going on with Fuel Subsidy. The questions needs to be asked what are we using to subsidise petroleum products considering crude oil sales accounts for over 90% of the nation's revenue, so are we subsidising oil with cocoa or coal or groundnut? The answer is NO because we stopped exporting those on a large scale since we found the black stuff, only a few connected individuals export anything in Nigeria now and i can bet my life they don't pay tax but rather bribe a few top government officials to look the other way.  Which ever way we look at it the system is meant to benefit a few,when the subsidy is eventually removed the importers of fuel who are the same people that claim the subsidy in the first place will only just increase the fuel price to recoup whatever they made from the subsidy. My opinion is fix the refineries and everything else will fall into place.
Re: Fuel Subsidy And Fake Subsidy - Simon Kolawole by AZeD1(m): 9:32am On Oct 25, 2011
hercules07:

My own question is if a government can not take on criminality, why should it expect the ordinary citizen to bear the brunt?
Brilliant question,
Re: Fuel Subsidy And Fake Subsidy - Simon Kolawole by gregg2: 12:05pm On Oct 25, 2011
The supply structure of petroleum products is blurred and as Oby Ezekwesili advised, it should be strenghtened.
Re: Fuel Subsidy And Fake Subsidy - Simon Kolawole by folem: 12:24pm On Oct 25, 2011
Ban Fuel importation in Nigeria and all the shenanigans will end.

Any other solution will not work.

After banning fuel importation, you will be surprised to see close to 10 new refineries (public and private) coming into the market and then and only then can any truthful person claim that subsidy should be removed.
Re: Fuel Subsidy And Fake Subsidy - Simon Kolawole by otokx(m): 1:01pm On Oct 25, 2011
It is not just enough to say remove petrol subsidy, let them prosecute by death those who have benefited from previous corrupt subsidy deals. They should also sell of the refineries and then ban importation of petroleum products after 12 months from the date of sale.
Re: Fuel Subsidy And Fake Subsidy - Simon Kolawole by highland(m): 2:05pm On Oct 25, 2011
i have just 2 questions:

what are names of the company collecting this subsidy and their directors?

what is the annual quota of imported PMS?

Thanks
Re: Fuel Subsidy And Fake Subsidy - Simon Kolawole by Johnpaul2k2(m): 2:17pm On Oct 25, 2011
i suggest we build Refineries first!! before removing this subsidy cool cool cool
Re: Fuel Subsidy And Fake Subsidy - Simon Kolawole by proudly9ja(m): 2:19pm On Oct 25, 2011
If Government cannot deal with the criminals milking us dry, why should we trust them to use the money saved from fuel subsidy wisely?
Re: Fuel Subsidy And Fake Subsidy - Simon Kolawole by campbell05: 2:21pm On Oct 25, 2011
Revolution is taking place around the world it WON'T happen in a country called Nigeria,
Re: Fuel Subsidy And Fake Subsidy - Simon Kolawole by igbonla(m): 2:25pm On Oct 25, 2011
hercules07:

You sure don't live in Nigeria, is there anything Nigerian government can take on?? Don't we all run our own government providing virtually everything in our homes??

proudly9ja:

If Government cannot deal with the criminals milking us dry, why should we trust them to use the money saved from fuel subsidy wisely?

Better to be in the hands of free market economy than the few harvesting the future of the country.

Johnpaul2k2:

i suggest we build Refineries first!! before removing this subsidy cool cool cool

To be managed by government or the private sector? Government - you will lose again, Private sector - no dice at this N65 price. Petroleum Industry Bill was going to address this but those few wont let it happen.
Re: Fuel Subsidy And Fake Subsidy - Simon Kolawole by igbsam(m): 2:32pm On Oct 25, 2011
A poor man said "I dey hear fuel subsidy fuel subsidy, wetin dem mean, dem wan scatter we poor people head with grammer. Make dem kuku dey call am say dem wan increase fuel money and things for market go go up. Make we begin arrange for our casket cos me ready to fight till i die next year if them try am penre" Words of a poor man. NIGERIA has gone to the DOGS Indeed. REVOLUTION WARMING UP!!!
Re: Fuel Subsidy And Fake Subsidy - Simon Kolawole by k10: 2:34pm On Oct 25, 2011
@campbell05 why can't a revolution take place ? we said there could never be a nigerian suicide bomber !!!
Re: Fuel Subsidy And Fake Subsidy - Simon Kolawole by twinskenny(m): 2:43pm On Oct 25, 2011
proudly9ja:

which government are you talking about? are they not part of the stealing process?
Re: Fuel Subsidy And Fake Subsidy - Simon Kolawole by ezme(m): 2:59pm On Oct 25, 2011
Our refineries are a joke. I was with WRPC for some months, too many non-professionals in the downstream sector. We experienced alot of downtimes,so much wastage due to poor engineering practice and out-dated plant design. So much products sent to off-spec cause they don't meet specification. If you experience the wastage there for just a week, you would weep for our dear nation. Plant operators dont understand the theory behind every operation, all they say in the defense is "thats how we do it here"
Re: Fuel Subsidy And Fake Subsidy - Simon Kolawole by catso(m): 3:03pm On Oct 25, 2011
Right from long time,fuel subsidy is a scam!
who will fight for the poor man in this country?
Believe me, not the government
This same cabal in the oil industry are the same funding the process that brought our so called govt to power.
Am in support of subsidy removal, cos its only the cabal that benefit mostly from this.
But a lots of infrastructures has to  be on ground b4 subsidy can work. If its imposed on us now,its the masses that will surfer it.
Re: Fuel Subsidy And Fake Subsidy - Simon Kolawole by jahofa: 3:16pm On Oct 25, 2011
I CONCORE WITH YOU, I WORK & SEE THIS HAPPENIN IN MY PRESENCE EVERYDAY, EVEN THOSE WHO CANNOT SPELL SUBSIDY, HAVE BEEN MADE RICH WITH A TWINKLE OF PAPERS, LOL. WELL GES ITS TIME WER SOME NIGERIAN SHOULD BE CLEARED OF THIS IGNORANCE. CUS WITH SUBSIDY NIGERIA IS GOIN DOWN DOWN DOWN, sad
Re: Fuel Subsidy And Fake Subsidy - Simon Kolawole by kelkelk: 3:33pm On Oct 25, 2011
good job simon for this bit of exposure, i bet you even the media houses and news agencies will not expose things this far ; yes believe it; it all boils down to compromise! Fellow nigerians this and other abominable happennings and precedents being set by our supposed leaders, for the love of our  country demands a revolution. How? you may ask . Fellow Nigerians I have come to realise that we all have made the seats in the federal houses and asorok too comfortable for these individuals in charge of the Nigerian estate. I have also come to realise with the wave currently sweeping accross Africa that what you call government starts with the people and ends with the people, not the elite. In order words people allow the kind of governments they get. I think also that too often a culture of mental enslavement builds up when we begin to believe that once the term government is mentioned, the next to that term is God. Before I piece these together, I also must let you know that we do not have yet what you can properly describe as a nation. What we have is a state symbol  without a constitution but a well disguised military decree with cunning contradictions as its only merit not meant for the too often decieved people but for the securities of a corrupt elite class. Simply put we have is what some describe as a nation hood in pretext. I do not think there is a better definition for a state heading to failure. Fellow Nigerians, as a charge to duty and to country for posterity to judge us in good conscience whoever you are reading this reply , if we look carefully in our midst and for this reason, hope is not yet lost, we would find that  we still have men and women and  institutions as well that still identify and have proven themselves worthy and true leaders and fighters for the people. The charge to a revolution hinges on this. If an NLC can fight the powers that be to a standstill on issues, then we all need to think,rethink  and then begin to act collaboratively and in coalition. Can we not all and if we all come together , the sultans to the north, the chiefs and kings to the south and other men women and institutions of repute, the true leaders we can still identify with; convene ourselves and forge a common front and vision and  begin to dictate to those tenants and executives; sqare up and show them who the landlords are, demand and fight them to an outright standstill on issues bodering on our rights and on how we want to be treated and on how we want to proceed. I ask if they cannot heed to our call for a sovereign national conference for instance. Have we not as a people, unified in a common front alongside our true leaders, enough mettle to impose on whoever born of whoever and called whatever our will and our sovereignty. Have we not the moral right  to behave as landlords of our estate and give a little bending into shape to stewards of  our estate, for those who need bending into shape and a little smoothening on the rough edges for those who need that. We do not need guns no, and certainly not a one off session meeting. I do not have all answers and I humbly welcome your critisisms and replies but I am advocating a mental revolution thoroughly fought on ethical and logical precision, with a summoned collective will ;  that is a sustained soverign coalition of the people with its leaders to fight all  the powers that be to a standstill. Enough to mental slavery.We shall not fail, we shall not fall apart.
Re: Fuel Subsidy And Fake Subsidy - Simon Kolawole by realsemaj: 3:50pm On Oct 25, 2011
If this government is not bold enough to identify and prosecute those responsible for this "massive fraud" as you portray it, why should we believe that the government itself is not deceiving us. There is no plan on what we are going to achieve on money saved on the subsidy removal, so in short, THE THIEVES IN WANT TO BLOCK THE BENEFICIARIES SO THAT THEY CAN HAVE MORE MONEY TO STEAL!
Re: Fuel Subsidy And Fake Subsidy - Simon Kolawole by lagos26: 3:51pm On Oct 25, 2011
@ Hercules07
[table]My own question is if a government can not take on criminality, why should it expect the ordinary citizen to bear the brunt?[/table]

On point, Pls help me to ask our clueless govt lipsrsealed
Re: Fuel Subsidy And Fake Subsidy - Simon Kolawole by gascoign1(m): 4:41pm On Oct 25, 2011
speechless!!
Re: Fuel Subsidy And Fake Subsidy - Simon Kolawole by jpphilips(m): 4:43pm On Oct 25, 2011
@ poster

this is no new gist, all i can tell Nigerians who voted for jonathan is to seize this opportunity to rewrite your wrong.
reach out to the police,army and other law enforcement agents , preach to them to understand that they are mere slaves to big men. i pray that during the cause of this struggle no life will be lost though unlikely but if we can force them to exile at the very least, Nigeria will have a little fresh air.

About the guy asking if Nigerians will revolt, he he he Naija masses don carry RPG, tie under pant bomb, use IED i wonder wetin remain.

A useless govt that sees a criminal lapse of this magnitude decides to remove subsidy other than jailing some nitwits. jonathan is a bizarre.
Re: Fuel Subsidy And Fake Subsidy - Simon Kolawole by gascoign1(m): 4:56pm On Oct 25, 2011
nlc my foot! they only know minimum wage increase
Re: Fuel Subsidy And Fake Subsidy - Simon Kolawole by 4llerbuntu(m): 6:01pm On Oct 25, 2011
but why is it that the sole solution is to remove the subsidy?

what about stopping the fraud and catching the perpetrators? sacred cows?

hmmn, anyway there is a question that i have always wanted to ask:

if per chance i build a refinery, will i buy crude oil at the same international price that every foriegn nation buys it from nigeria?

if that is affirmative, does that not mean that in the long run, the prices i will sell my refined oil will be close to the price it is sold abroad?

and ultimately therefore, it does not matter if i refine it here, or in swahili land, the price difference from locally refined and imported may turn out to be a few naira.

which will inturn mean that we have oil yet do not enjoy any real benefit from being oil producers.
talk about a curse.

THE SOLUTION IS NOT REMOVING THE SUBSIDY, ITS REMOVING THE FRAUD, ITS REMOVING THE SURROUNDING FACTORS THAT MAKE THE FRAUD A VIABLE CONCERN.
ITS ABOUT THE REALITIES ON GROUND, NOT PAPER SOLUTIONS TO EVERYDAY REALITIES.

MARK MY WORDS, A FEW MONTHS AFTER SUBSIDY REMOVAL, THE SAME GOVT WILL PROPOSE RETURNING IT.
Re: Fuel Subsidy And Fake Subsidy - Simon Kolawole by damoobaba: 7:04pm On Oct 25, 2011
Mr. kolawole,ur good friend was able to convince u on d evils of fuel subsidy.But were u able to ask these questions:who are the actual importers of fuel in Nigeria,why has govt been unable to detect this fraud and fraudsters for a long time,what does govt want to do with money saved from removal of fuel subsidy,why is the govt interested in creating hardship for its citizens and not interested in creating a way out of mass unemployment,epileptic power,bad road,no water,insecurity etc.Till then,
Re: Fuel Subsidy And Fake Subsidy - Simon Kolawole by xteria: 8:45pm On Oct 25, 2011
the solution is simple, Instead of setting a date for subsidy removal the government should set a date for the commencement of an embargo on fuel importation, i bet u, tens private refineries will pop up within that space of time. Wat do u tink Simon?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

CLOSED. / Make A Minimum Of N100,000 Every Month From Ice Block Production In Dry Season / Get Your National ID Card Image For Verifications On Websites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.