Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,677 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:15 PM

Need Info On Brazil (cost, Lifestyle Etc) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Need Info On Brazil (cost, Lifestyle Etc) (15194 Views)

HELP! I'm Going To Tanzania Embassy Next Week, I Need Info From Friends! / Ghanaians Ask For Asylum In Brazil July 11, 2014 7:52 AM / Some Things You Did Not Know About Brazil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Info On Brazil (cost, Lifestyle Etc) by tEsLim(m): 8:47pm On Oct 24, 2011
Please I would like to get info on living in brazil. I plan spending 3 months just to enjoy myself, experience the place and I plan to come back around the world cup time 2014. I sent an email to MrBrownJay no reply for him maybe it got in his spam or he just ignored

Here are things I wanna know

1. Average cost of rent. And to know hwo people live in the safe areas I hear tourist should stay away from shanty towns. I think I'm interested in Natal, Curtiba, Teresina, Florinapolis (Santa Catarina)

2. The cuisine, general facilities (internet access, shopping malls) lifestyle, clubs, the people (girls) etc

3. The language how easy to learn. I'm very interested in learning Portuguese and Espanol (thinking of Argentina for Espanol)

4. How do English language speaker survive. The attitude of the people to tourist or foreigners. What does it take lets say you get there and fall in love with the place can you extend your stay or have to go out and then come back? What does it take to get residency?

Thanks
Re: Need Info On Brazil (cost, Lifestyle Etc) by imperiouxx(m): 9:03pm On Oct 24, 2011
Tourist or stay putting? grin
Re: Need Info On Brazil (cost, Lifestyle Etc) by tEsLim(m): 9:44pm On Oct 24, 2011
3 months with intent of maybe coming back 2014. But how's life there?
Re: Need Info On Brazil (cost, Lifestyle Etc) by tEsLim(m): 3:58pm On Oct 25, 2011
Seems nobody likes Brazil with all the beaches and gorgeous sexies
Re: Need Info On Brazil (cost, Lifestyle Etc) by ojdollars(m): 11:07pm On Oct 25, 2011
tEsLim:

Seems nobody likes Brazil with all the beaches and gorgeous sexies

My Brother, you have been on Nairaland for some time now, you should have known that some big names (SADIST) never help anyone with travel information to better their lives or keep them informed, but rather claim to combat scam and 419ers. A true hero, is one who help and look at for others, selfless in his/her services and don't engage in eye services.

To answer your question: Brazil is a lovely country, I have only been to Brazil once for Holidays, and I can tell you that there are Nigerians there doing all sort of hustling, I didn't inquire much about how life is there. But if you want to go to Brazil to hustle, and your mind is there. Then go. You will only find out what to do when you get there. I tell you, don't let anyone discourage you. Make some research on cheap accommodation in the safe Areas or the areas you mention from google.com or find someone who is there to give you some information. I know that there are lots of Opportunity everywhere else outside Nigeria and some other corrupt Nations like Zimbabwe and more. Reason because, less corruption and the govts there have the passion to serve her citizen selflessly. Oh boy, go hustle ooh, nor join bad gang or any bad runs there ooh. Later things

1 Like

Re: Need Info On Brazil (cost, Lifestyle Etc) by tEsLim(m): 10:48am On Oct 26, 2011
Honestly not really hustle. I have a lot going for me in Nigeria. And not my first time traveling. Spent few times in the EU area. I"ll try first with an holiday. I'm actually looking for a place to resettle. As MRBROWNJAY left nairaland? And I dont need too much unknown people around me. I rather make friends gradually and know what things they do. Wont want to be prosecuted for offenses I dont know. If you meet naija guy abroad you gotta really know him well to be hanging around him.

I hear its a nice place to resettle if possible. True talk is I wouldn't mind naturalizing there I see their passport is strong. Thats all I need not the hustle.
Re: Need Info On Brazil (cost, Lifestyle Etc) by tEsLim(m): 2:42pm On Oct 30, 2011
Yuck! Sucks, I'm gonna post pictures when I return
Re: Need Info On Brazil (cost, Lifestyle Etc) by frank94(m): 5:45pm On Oct 30, 2011
My guy brazil is a nice place,as sum one just say,go dere nd find legal sumting and do.while dere,y know hw 2 elongate yr stay.gud luk see y in sao-paulo, !
Re: Need Info On Brazil (cost, Lifestyle Etc) by tEsLim(m): 10:25am On Nov 08, 2011
@frank are u in sao paulo?
Re: Need Info On Brazil (cost, Lifestyle Etc) by frank94(m): 4:50pm On Nov 08, 2011
No, but i know much about dat place.d beach,gals.dey speak portuguese and try 2 learn it,enrol in dere language schools.very good for tourist,but becareful of pickinpokets.their schools ar good,tuition fee very subsidized(cheap)but language school first.rio dejenero,sao paulo and brasilia are very very okay in brazil.romeo and juliet film was shot in rio dejenero many years back.try nd watch d film.d place is okay.
Re: Need Info On Brazil (cost, Lifestyle Etc) by tEsLim(m): 12:31pm On Dec 05, 2011
Ok right. Well I'm there now. I may just share some pictures. I was in Sao Paulo for one night. And headed for Curitiba wink , I didn't take a pictures in Sao Paulo cos I was tired after the almost 14hrs flight from Istanbul. Just went straight up for the hotel thing and was out in the morning. Brazil is really beautiful , I like the people. Even though they dont speak English yet very friendly and try to help you with whatever you wanna do. So far those are the type of people I've been meeting , though I wont stray far from central cities and tourist regions.

Spending 10 days , 4th night already.

3 Likes

Re: Need Info On Brazil (cost, Lifestyle Etc) by frank94(m): 7:54am On Dec 07, 2011
I told y before,brazil is a nice place,try and legalise yr stay over dere.dnt forget d brazilian hottie hook up with one, !
Re: Need Info On Brazil (cost, Lifestyle Etc) by chelseabmw(m): 12:43pm On Dec 07, 2011
@poster
How much did you pay for your visa and tickets, including accomodation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Need Info On Brazil (cost, Lifestyle Etc) by dustydee: 11:56am On Dec 08, 2011
frank 94:

D visa fee is 300k flight ticket na 200 r 170k bta na 3000 or 2t dorlars.if y want it giv m yr number, !
is it visa to heaven? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Need Info On Brazil (cost, Lifestyle Etc) by tEsLim(m): 12:20am On Dec 11, 2011
I applied abroad / EU and paid $85 for the visa. Ticket around $1.3k. That shit about BTA dont exist anymore all you need is make sure you have international credit cards. I had travel insurance too. Cos I read a lot of dirty story about Rio and Sau Paulo. But I didn't even spend more than a night in Sao Paulo and I was off to another city. Beautiful place, beautiful people. I would like to shar epictures but not ready to start compressing picture to 200kb like nairaland would only accept
Re: Need Info On Brazil (cost, Lifestyle Etc) by kadman(m): 10:10pm On Dec 11, 2011
Teslim, my former flatmate and closest friend over here is Brazilian. He's travelling around at the moment, but hit me up with some question and I'll ask him.

You seem to know most of it already.

Food is like Nigeria, me and my mate got along because we eat the same things. Lots of fresh fruits there

Girls are loose and en masse - And very sexually adventurous, they are not money grabbers as my friend could never understand the concept of buying anything for a girl ever when we were in UK.

Brazil has the most amount of black people in any country not African - there's racism, but that's to black people living in ghettos.

He lived in Niterói, which is just outside Rio - I remember him telling me rent was cheap, he wasn't very rich but his building had it's own swimming pool - he said that's common because of the heat.

Transport isn't very good, it's uncomfortable and much like Nigeria - we always talked about how you could jump of buses in Brazil when in traffic without paying.

Contrary to what you think the language is VERY hard. I think there is several types of verbs groups and even more present/past participle. My mate is good with languages and will tell you his countries' is the hardest. Spanish is easy but not used in Brazil, you'll get some ideas of Spanish from Portuguese (much like how you'll get some ideas of French from English).

That's what I can remember
Re: Need Info On Brazil (cost, Lifestyle Etc) by kadman(m): 10:12pm On Dec 11, 2011
I forgot to add - Drug trafficking and usage is very very very high, shouldn't disturb you as it's done in the slums but if you were ever adventurous to try it - now would be the time as drugs in Brazil is probably the cheapest and easiest to get in the world.

Also google Favela parties. If it's something you like go for it, don't take any money, phone e.t.c with you. It's hardcore. . .
Re: Need Info On Brazil (cost, Lifestyle Etc) by damola1: 10:58pm On Dec 11, 2011
oh boy, be like say, i dey go brazil oh, yarn us more pls, pics pls, chics, chics , and more chics, grin
Re: Need Info On Brazil (cost, Lifestyle Etc) by kennybuda: 6:55pm On Dec 14, 2011
A kind of advertisment or what is going onn here?? 3000 dollars for tourist thing hummm okay i go pay send me you bank account number embarassed embarassed
Re: Need Info On Brazil (cost, Lifestyle Etc) by tEsLim(m): 12:24am On Dec 22, 2011
I enjoyed my stay. Transportation depends on state. I was in Curitiba where most of the people use public transport which is very nice and reliable. So it depends on where you stay. I dont visit the Favela's i'm of the believe that to visit the ghettos I have to understand Portuguese well. I didn't / dont find Portuguese language as difficult. Or maybe I'm just quick to learn it
Re: Need Info On Brazil (cost, Lifestyle Etc) by shanda(m): 10:32am On Dec 22, 2011
I look forward to visiting that country too, especially salvador de bahia. There are lots of Yorubas in that city.
Re: Need Info On Brazil (cost, Lifestyle Etc) by henrob: 10:17am On Apr 04, 2012
Please what was the total cost ℓ̊ want to go and hustle there
Re: Need Info On Brazil (cost, Lifestyle Etc) by Nobody: 12:29am On Apr 06, 2012
brotha Teslim, i certainly havent received your email as i would have replied asap,(its not too difficult to find me on NL)

as for your query, here is what i wrote to someone just now:

[b]A) you would first need to speak fluent Portuguese before you can get a decent job.
B) depending on what type of job you seek, you would probably need to be in the right city in Brasil
C) no one will offer you a job if you dont have a working visa (unless you want to be a vulcanizer).
D) locals themselves are desperately looking for great jobs and cant find any, what makes you think you will have a better chance than them?
E) the city with the most job prospects would be SP and Rio, but remember that these cities are some of the most expensive cities in the world to live in, (rent wise) unless you shack in a favela or miles away from the main area.
F) there are many Africans who come here and live worst lives than while in Africa (unless they branch into crime).
G) bare in mind that the majority of black people here dont have access to the great jobs (even when they have the qualifications).
H) as strange as it may sounds, there is still a lot of RACISM IN BRASIL (even though racial discrimination is against the law here)!
I) one of the reason why there is so much crime in Brasil is because of the unemployment rate and the very little someone would earn doing menial work.

last but not least, regardless of all these few points, Brasil is a fantastic country, lol![/b]

i would recommend Brasil to anyone but as you can see by my above post, it sure aint a walk in the park. i wont dwell on the GREAT stuff here as there are just too many, but there are a few things that people MUST consider before coming here.

as for Favelas, to me it is where you will find the BEST PARTIES in Brasil......and YES, you can go there with a phone and money, lol!
the catch is to know where you are going and understand the place/people. a few weeks ago some friends came to visit and I took them to Rocinha, and we went in and had a stroll during the day (so that they understand how people live here). people think that if you enter a favela you would be robbed automatically but that is far from the truth, unless you go there with bling bling all over your person (a mobile is NOT bling).

also, racism happens EVERYWHERE in BRASIL, dont get it twisted. it is not very obvious but simply go to Rio for example and go to most banks in the city and you wont see too many black people working there (unless they are security). a black/brown person is automatically assimilated with the favela (aka low educated person), whether you are in one or in Copacabana. there are favela EVERYWHERE here, even in the best neighborhood, and therefore you have to practically open your mouth and prove to them that you are educated, in order to get a different look.

so bro Teslim man, give us some infos about your trip!
Re: Need Info On Brazil (cost, Lifestyle Etc) by tEsLim(m): 10:09pm On Jun 28, 2012
Made my second trip to Brazil in February stayed around 85 days or so didn't want to use up the 90days. Was in Curitiba (one of the greenest cities int he world) on about a month then moved to Rio (was shuffling between Buzios/Rio Das Ostras /Macae lovely places. Macae is the oil capital of Brazil (Petrobras HQ) and was in SP. Wanted to see a friend in Joa Pessoa too. Its lovely. I didn't live among Nigerians as you I didn't find Nigerians in places like Rio Das ostras or any of the interiors of Brasil where I stayed. But in SAO Paulo I found them in thousands. Living amongst Brazilian gave me quick grasp of the Portuguese language instead of speaking ingbati with my fellow brothers. I'm in love with the language and the culture. Eu tenho namorado, ela amor minha vida agora! Por isso eu volta rapido. Eu Mora com ela. Brownj wink entende?

Beautiful women at the beaches, awesome bodies. Got back in Naija and I can't look at any of these girls faces. I can't just place the two alongside. Beauty for brazil na sarah. For naija na big asset. The only time I was at a favela was when I hung out with some naija in SP. I'm not the type that looks for job. I found some Nigerians that own shops in SP. I'll rather go that way. For example its easier to start business in a country where you don't need top ay 2years shop/office rent in advance. And the BRAZILIAN currency is good.

BrownJ voce conhence Buzios? Talves quando eu volta eu chamar voce, viagar la junto. (Eu nao usa trandutor, telvez eu falar errado, nao sei).
Re: Need Info On Brazil (cost, Lifestyle Etc) by seunny4lif(m): 9:52am On Jun 30, 2012
Please do u knw any airline connecting nigeria or senegal to venezuela without transit visa?PLEASE
Re: Need Info On Brazil (cost, Lifestyle Etc) by tEsLim(m): 11:14am On Jun 30, 2012
I doubt. But you should check with you ticketing agent. Go to an agent and they can check routes for you. Ticket to places like venezuela must be expensive. I can imagine something like LOS > JNB/DXB/IST > GRU > Venuzuela
Re: Need Info On Brazil (cost, Lifestyle Etc) by seunny4lif(m): 3:13pm On Jun 30, 2012
Do u know any agent dat knw abt the route.Frm NG-SA-BZ-VN
Re: Need Info On Brazil (cost, Lifestyle Etc) by tEsLim(m): 5:39pm On Jun 30, 2012
I usually check tickets myself first witht he price. you can use skyscanner.net or use saa (south african airline website directly) since you want to go through JNB / SA. You can buy 2 tickets LOS > JNB > GRU then another one that takes you GRU to VN
Re: Need Info On Brazil (cost, Lifestyle Etc) by seunny4lif(m): 7:19pm On Jun 30, 2012
THANK YOU.BUT HOW IS IT POSSIBLE TO BUY BRAZIL TO VENEZUELA WHEN U DONT HAVE BRAZIL VISA?
Re: Need Info On Brazil (cost, Lifestyle Etc) by naijaspeak(m): 9:05am On Jul 01, 2012
What is the cost of airfare from Lagos (Nigeria) to Sau Paulo (Brazil) by emirate airline. Please quote a one way ticket and a round trip ( return ) ticket. Thanks
Re: Need Info On Brazil (cost, Lifestyle Etc) by sunky644(m): 2:34pm On Jul 01, 2012
Anyone with info about the city Santa Maria in Brazil? Please I will like to know cos I am thinking of coming to the university there for my PhD graduate fellowship.

(1) (2) (Reply)

18 Unpopular Opinions About Danfo (thread) / Petrol Tanker And Car On Fire On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos) / Immigration Moves To Implement ‘no National ID, No International Passport’ Polic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.