Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,889 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:49 PM

Enugu State Government Ban Okada And Keke - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu State Government Ban Okada And Keke (5932 Views)

FG Asks States To Ban Okada Operations / Oshiomhole Cant Ban Okada For He Belongs To The Working-Class, / Lagos To Ban Okada, Fashola’s Committee Endorses Plan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enugu State Government Ban Okada And Keke by mikedore: 10:12pm On Oct 24, 2011
adad
Re: Enugu State Government Ban Okada And Keke by PointB: 10:31pm On Oct 24, 2011
^^^
No Keke or Okada in Accra Accra Ghana. They still get by!
Re: Enugu State Government Ban Okada And Keke by jmaine: 10:47pm On Oct 24, 2011
No bike Yes . . .but even with no keke . . .that's some difficult situation i must confess . . unless Keke would be restricted to some areas, just like in Calabar
Re: Enugu State Government Ban Okada And Keke by EkoIle1: 10:51pm On Oct 24, 2011
More killings and kidnappings I guess.
Re: Enugu State Government Ban Okada And Keke by aljharem3: 10:54pm On Oct 24, 2011
Eko Ile:

More killings and kidnappings I guess.

Oh sharrapt dia

Like it does not happen in Lagos

Or did Lagos not ban Okada after a certain time ?

Hypocrite
Re: Enugu State Government Ban Okada And Keke by astronp8: 11:29pm On Oct 24, 2011
@Post that is half truth.

Okada was banned from running on dual-carrage ways (double lanes). Even at then their are still many bikes I see around.

Keke do not have such limitation. Though some people are rumouring Keke will soon follow the way of Okada. But its not yet official.

The fact remains that your post is false. Join Enugu community at www.facebook.com/thecoalcity
Re: Enugu State Government Ban Okada And Keke by numen(m): 9:58am On Oct 25, 2011
mikedore:

It si with grate displeasure that i write to condemn the act of Enugu State govt. for banning okada and keke from operating in the state.This shows that this govt. dont have the concern of its citizens, at a time where there re no jobs the little the young men are using to keep body and soul together have been snatched away from them.And they re talking about self employment.
pls fellow nairalanders join me to criticize this act.

get your info right before posting ans stop misleading people. Okada was banned from plying dual carriage roads. Even at that they are still violating it with reckless abandon. Keke has no rule in place as at now.

Besides if you have seen a loved one skull open on the road due to okada's recklessness, you will rethink your comments. Those guys can be really reckless, and with the influx of northerners into the city and into the biz, the recklessness is increasing at an alarming rate. Agriculture is a good alternative for joblessness. Okada ruin lives everyday more than mosquito,
Re: Enugu State Government Ban Okada And Keke by eazyway: 10:09am On Oct 25, 2011
;d ;d ;d
Re: Enugu State Government Ban Okada And Keke by godswill4m(m): 10:13am On Oct 25, 2011
when the wicked is at the head, the people suffereth that's it
Re: Enugu State Government Ban Okada And Keke by Nobody: 10:14am On Oct 25, 2011
mikedore:

It si with grate displeasure that i write to condemn the act of Enugu State govt. for banning okada and keke from operating in the state.This shows that this govt. dont have the concern of its citizens, at a time where there re no jobs the little the young men are using to keep body and soul together have been snatched away from them.And they  re talking about self employment.
pls fellow nairalanders join me to criticize this act.
THIS *BOY* U ARE A FOO.L,WHO PAID YOU TO MAKE UP THIS PURPORTED STORY U FOO.L?AS IF IT IS NOT ENUGU I JUST LEFT FEW HOURS AGO IDIO.T.
Re: Enugu State Government Ban Okada And Keke by henrychubayo: 10:44am On Oct 25, 2011
Little advice to the poster of this info. When you hear such news, try and verify it properly before posting it in forum. Your information is incomplete because you never specified the area that the okada and keke was ban or do you mean the whole state? Am in abuja right now and i know that okada is ban here, but i use okada on a daily basis because not everywhere was okada banned. Tell us the area and where you got the information from.
Re: Enugu State Government Ban Okada And Keke by Pukkah: 10:58am On Oct 25, 2011
I support the move by Enugu state government to control the movement of okadas in the city. Light weight motorcycles should have no business on expressways or major roads. If governments do nothing about the avoidable deaths caused by okada riders, they complain. Now they are also complaining when government is trying to ensure sanity on the roads.

Even in Lagos, government needs to send okadas out of expressways and major roads.
Re: Enugu State Government Ban Okada And Keke by member479760: 11:08am On Oct 25, 2011
Good move!
Re: Enugu State Government Ban Okada And Keke by moderatorr: 11:08am On Oct 25, 2011
fake news! Keke they flex everywhere in town now.
Bad belle, hit your head on d tarmac.

Okada was banned years back only on double lanes.
Re: Enugu State Government Ban Okada And Keke by Omonabouncing: 11:14am On Oct 25, 2011
Even if you people scold the guy post on okada banding, what i know is the government we are running in 9ger is for the rice men.
Four legs can move to enywhere but two legs have limitation. Why?
Re: Enugu State Government Ban Okada And Keke by KnowAll(m): 11:28am On Oct 25, 2011
There are some countries poorer than Nigeria, that would not allow okada or even that also despicable thing called 'keke' ply their streets. The only reasons why it is allowed in Nigeria is because the bastaaaards ruling us know they steal 95% of our commonwealth and "man must wack now" if you ban those terrible eyesore na wahala be that for the ruling classundecided
Re: Enugu State Government Ban Okada And Keke by Nobody: 12:34pm On Oct 25, 2011
i support the move.
apart from loss of lives,okada makes a city look dirty.
Re: Enugu State Government Ban Okada And Keke by Afam4eva(m): 12:36pm On Oct 25, 2011
Enugu state has a good transport system. So, banning the use of Okada will not really affect the citizenry. Infact, it will save lives because the kind of accidents that are caused by Okada is anywhere between abbysmal and astronomical. Great move once again by the Coal city government.
Re: Enugu State Government Ban Okada And Keke by otokx(m): 12:39pm On Oct 25, 2011
This is the first thing they do when they run out of ideas.
Re: Enugu State Government Ban Okada And Keke by freecocoa(f): 12:44pm On Oct 25, 2011
Op okada never do you something that's why you dey Rap careless.
Re: Enugu State Government Ban Okada And Keke by KnowAll(m): 12:51pm On Oct 25, 2011
http://www.followtheboat.com/2010/02/08/asmara-the-capital-city-in-the-clouds/

Asmara capital city of Eritea poor city, poor country, but looks good, unlike the ubiquitous ‘okada filled’ roads of Nigerian Cities.
Re: Enugu State Government Ban Okada And Keke by KnowAll(m): 1:00pm On Oct 25, 2011
http://nigerianmailonline.com/police-okada-riders-clash-in-lagos

Typical Naija City, everything just scatter-scatter, truly it looks Nigeria really Jaga-Jaga!!! undecided
Re: Enugu State Government Ban Okada And Keke by HighChief4(m): 2:33pm On Oct 25, 2011
Gov Chime has once again proven that his govt really cares for the good people of Enugu state. Those mallam okada riders have wasted so many lives, careless deaths. I support the move, not just on dual carriage but everywhere. Nice one
Re: Enugu State Government Ban Okada And Keke by Odunnu: 3:04pm On Oct 25, 2011
Why are we calling the poster names? He isnt Chime neither did he make the story up.
I heard of the KekeNAPEP ban from the grapevine last week and yesterday it was in the 3pm news.
This morning sef, Roadsafety men were on the way harrassing them
Re: Enugu State Government Ban Okada And Keke by SamMilla1(m): 3:19pm On Oct 25, 2011
Okada and keke were told to stop operating in the major roads like Agbani road and Ziks Avenue. Thats what the transport commisioner told me. Not banned but removed from major roads. Its more like banning okada from oshodi = apapa express
Re: Enugu State Government Ban Okada And Keke by HighChief4(m): 3:55pm On Oct 25, 2011
^^^Bisalla road,Chime avenue and Abakaliki road should also be included.
Re: Enugu State Government Ban Okada And Keke by Pat98: 4:16pm On Oct 25, 2011
smiley smiley smiley I think its a laudable action. It may be painful in the beginning but in the end it will be appreciated. I would encourage the Lagos State to spread the ban they made earlier to other parts of the state, although alternatives should be provided.
Re: Enugu State Government Ban Okada And Keke by EngrB1: 7:48pm On Oct 25, 2011
Let him remember that is Okada & keke vote for Him to become Govt. That is the only what i can say.  embarassed sad sad sad sadis very sad how did he want those that live by Okado & keke operating? Except maybe he will find another way out?
Re: Enugu State Government Ban Okada And Keke by RickyRoss1(m): 8:48pm On Oct 25, 2011
THIS IS GOOD MOVE JARE, THOSE OKADA PEOPLE ARE RECKLESS AND BUNCH OF ILLITERATES, THEY ARE DOING MORE HARM THAN GOOD JOR,

IMO STATE BANNED OKANA SINCE TWO YEARS AGO AND PEOPLE ARE NOT HAVING ANY TRANSPORTATION WAHALA WHATSOEVER,

PORT HARCOURT BANNED OKADA SINCE TWO YEARS OR MORE AND NO ONE IS COMPLAINING, YES AT THE BEGINNING PEOPLE WERE SAYING ALL SORTS OF RUBBISH, SAYING THERE WILL BE INCREASE IN ROBBERY AND STUFF, BUT ITS ALREADY OVER TWO YEARS

ENUGU STATE WILL BE BETTER OFF WITHOUT OKADA.
Re: Enugu State Government Ban Okada And Keke by Revolva(m): 9:58pm On Oct 25, 2011
Well if they want to bann Okada i will say its not bad but to bann Keke.its a shame for them, even in india it is used what does he mean he want people to use taxi, if he want that, let him make it to be as cheap as garri,

Unless gals go turn hustlers and boys go kidnapp oooo
Re: Enugu State Government Ban Okada And Keke by Nobody: 10:34pm On Oct 25, 2011
Mr. Poster, what is your phone number doing there? Do we have to call you to join you "to criticize this act" ?

Well, this ban ban ban syndrome is really a shame. The Nigerian ruling class seems to have perfected the senseless art of putting the cart before the horse. Next January the subsidy on fuel would be removed, electricity tariffs would be increased, the dollar would be devalued, etc. I can only say that government wants the ordinary masses to take to crime. Since they're very certain that the docile masses cannot take up arms against government as was the case in North Africa. There is simply no place for the poor, and truth be told, people need to get out of this humiliating situation by ANY means necessary.
Re: Enugu State Government Ban Okada And Keke by seedord247(m): 10:40pm On Oct 25, 2011
Nice Move and a Good welcome development. atleast thier population nor reach ajegunle

(1) (2) (Reply)

INEC Deregistered Some Parties To Avoid Confusion During Elections / A Gladiator Among The Lions : President Muhammadu Buhari / Insecurity: Northern Senators’ Forum Calls For Lasting Solutions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.