Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,480 members, 7,781,404 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:57 PM

What You Sow Is What You Reap - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What You Sow Is What You Reap (1895 Views)

Imagine You Own This Ride And Your Pastor Asked You To Sow A Seed With It / God Is Not Punishing You For Your Sins But You Reap What You Sow / Are Christians Held Accountable, What Does It Mean To Reap What You Sow? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What You Sow Is What You Reap by desertboom(m): 12:00am On Oct 25, 2011
Hi people. . . Please, read carefully because I'm using a mobile. A good friend and I have been having this endless arguement about "what you sow is what you reap" since yesterday. My friend believes that no matter the weight of your sin that once you come to Christ you're made a brand new, all sins has passed away, you become new and start a new life through Jesus Christ. I also ask him; what about if the fellow have stolen and murder severally? He said, yes but only if that person confesses and come to Jesus Christ that he/she will never reap any bad deed. I disagree totally with this line of thought, I strongly believe that what a man sow that also will he reap even if he run to Jesus or God the natural law must stand out. Please, fellow Christians and good people, I'm I wrong or right? Is it my good friend that is right or wrong? What is your opinion? Thanks for reading.
Re: What You Sow Is What You Reap by benodic: 1:09pm On Oct 25, 2011
The divine laws of God reign outside religion doctrines. and one of those divine laws is the law of Cause and Effect of the law of Karma which Jesus was trying to explain by saying that what you sow is what you reap.
God is really not mocked. whatever any one does in life will definitely come back to the person whether you believe it or not.

the only difference when someone repents is that the person is given spiritual strength to withstand the hardships that will occur as the person starts paying off his/her past negative debts.
Re: What You Sow Is What You Reap by Jenwitemi(m): 1:21pm On Oct 25, 2011
This is one of the frauds of christianity. The religion tries to gather more souls by lying to them that Jesus will protect them from reaping what they have sowed as long as they come to him. Which means, "as long as they join this most fraudulent of religions". It is a very attractive sales/recruiting pitch of christianity for winning more gullible souls so as to milk them of their substance. Only self-deluding fools believe in these teachings.

Only cowards flock to this religion because of it's empty promises of freeing them of their obligation to face up to their karma. Christians just hate karma because they are scared of facing the consequences of their earlier actions. They deceive themselves.
desertboom:

Hi people. . . Please, read carefully because I'm using a mobile. A good friend and I have been having this endless arguement about "what you sow is what you reap" since yesterday. My friend believes that no matter the weight of your sin that once you come to Christ you're made a brand new, all sins has passed away, you become new and start a new life through Jesus Christ. I also ask him; what about if the fellow have stolen and murder severally? He said, yes but only if that person confesses and come to Jesus Christ that he/she will never reap any bad deed. I disagree totally with this line of thought, I strongly believe that what a man sow that also will he reap even if he run to Jesus or God the natural law must stand out. Please, fellow Christians and good people, I'm I wrong or right? Is it my good friend that is right or wrong? What is your opinion? Thanks for reading.
Re: What You Sow Is What You Reap by Joagbaje(m): 3:43pm On Oct 25, 2011
desertboom:

Hi people. . . Please, read carefully because I'm using a mobile. A good friend and I have been having this endless arguement about "what you sow is what you reap" since yesterday. My friend believes that no matter the weight of your sin that once you come to Christ you're made a brand new, all sins has passed away, you become new and start a new life

Your friend is right. If a man comes to christ he is a brand new person . The past is gone and forgotten.

I strongly believe that what a man sow that also will he reap even if he run to Jesus or God the natural law must stand out.

your friend had scripture of the new testament to support his view. What scripture supports your own view? We should not use our mind to judge the word.
Re: What You Sow Is What You Reap by joyuchesun: 4:54pm On Oct 25, 2011
[b]A lot of Christianity and religious beliefs are based on self-delusion. Some people believe Jesus is talking directly to them, or that they are prophets, or that they are part of the "elect" etc. A religious person must engage in delusional thinking in order to believe things that are clearly not true. If someone has lived life in a very immoral way, how great must it be for this person to believe that all is forgiven as long as they say they believe a certain thing. It is nonsense, but psychologically it allows the person to continue to live without the guilt and shame of what they have done. Look at these priests who are going to jail for child molestation years after the act. They probably believed they had gotten away with it and all was forgiven. No, they had to pay at some point for their actions. We may never know how someone is reaping what they have sewn, but they are or will reap. I know many Christians whose lives are a mess. One bad thing after another is happening. But, they are able to live in self-delusion and say oh God is testing them or it is God's will. When more likely than not, they are reaping all that they have sown. This law of Karma reigns true. What you put out there will always come back. How one receives it is based on their mindset and level of delusion. [/b]
Re: What You Sow Is What You Reap by Jenwitemi(m): 5:24pm On Oct 25, 2011
Anyone who believes this white lie will believe anything.
Joagbaje:

Your friend is right. If a man comes to christ he is a brand new person . The past is gone and forgotten.

LOL! So people should brainless and mindless when it comes to interpreting the scriptures. How convenient for the posse of pious fraudsters that are the christian priesthood. What a FRAUD you are, jo.
Joagbaje:

your friend had scripture of the new testament to support his view. What scripture supports your own view? We should not use our mind to judge the word.

Re: What You Sow Is What You Reap by benodic: 1:20pm On Oct 26, 2011
@ poster
why i really do not bother about people who believe that there is escape from the law of karma is that life will teach the person better. it was experiences i had when i started observing that i was reaping what i sow that got me asking questions.
so no problem at all. any body is free to believe what he/she wants to believe but one's believe does not change the immutable laws of God. you will reap what you sow.
Re: What You Sow Is What You Reap by Joagbaje(m): 9:35pm On Oct 26, 2011
Jenwitemi:

. What a FRAUD you are, jo.

Why you dey abuse me na? What i said is from the bible. If you have a contrary opinion , kindly put it forward but you must back it up from the Word.

Esé púpò
Re: What You Sow Is What You Reap by mabell: 10:31pm On Oct 26, 2011
desertboom:

. My friend believes that no matter the weight of your sin that once you come to Christ you're made a brand new, all sins has passed away, you become new and start a new life through Jesus Christ. I also ask him; what about if the fellow have stolen and murder severally? He said, yes but only if that person confesses and come to Jesus Christ that he/she will never reap any bad deed. I disagree totally with this line of thought, I strongly believe that what a man sow that also will he reap even if he run to Jesus or God the natural law must stand out. Please, fellow Christians and good people, I'm I wrong or right? Is it my good friend that is right or wrong? What is your opinion? Thanks for reading.

Numbers 23:19
God is not a man, that he should lie;
neither the son of man, that he should repent:
hath he said, and shall he not do it?
or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

God is a God of principle but the bible let's us know that should man makes a mistake there is a remedy

1 John 2:1
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
Re: What You Sow Is What You Reap by desertboom(m): 9:14am On Oct 28, 2011
@mabell. . . Yes, I agree with you that the remedy to sin is to run to Jesus Christ. However, I also belive that God's mercy upon our life is real, just as His righteousness works and also Justification. God's mercy, righteousness and justification are interwoven no one is greater than other. So, if one sin or murder there should be a price to pay which means Justice must prevail thereby "what you sow is what you reap" come to play. Thus, one cannot inflict pains, suffering and sorrows to his fellow human and wants to go for free. One cannot do bad and evil yet wants peace of mind and progress at the end of the day. 'What you sow is what you reap' is real, just as one poster said that God will give enduring grace to go through the hard times that will befall.
Re: What You Sow Is What You Reap by desertboom(m): 2:46pm On Nov 11, 2011
More views and comments are needed
Re: What You Sow Is What You Reap by nodogma: 7:53pm On Nov 11, 2011
Reaping what you sow, is the same as cause and effect. For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. What goes around comes around. This does not mean that if you kill someone you will be killed, but moreso, you will feel the pain that you caused that person in some way, shape, or form during your lifetime. The problem is, unless you are a really conscientious person, you may not always realize when you are receiving payback. But it will and does happen, it is a law of physics.

(1) (Reply)

Theory Of Evolution Under Attacks / What Has Happened To This Section? Even The Mods Are AWOL? Thanks, Seun! / Apostle Suleman Says MMM Is Demonic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.