Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,103 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:12 PM

Offence Of "the Cross" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Offence Of "the Cross" (568 Views)

What Happened To Brother Emma And Lazarus Of The Voice Of The Cross / How Were People Saved Before Jesus Christ Died On The Cross? / The True Story Of Jesus On The Cross (the Gospel Of Barnabas) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Offence Of "the Cross" by ichuka(m): 3:03am On Oct 25, 2011
Gala2:20,I have been Crucified with Christ,and I no longer live,but Christ lives in me.the live I live in the body,I live by faith in the Son of God,who loved me and gave Himself for me.
Roms6:6;for we know our old self was Crucified with Him so that the body of sin might be done away with we should no longer be slaves to Sin.
In His Cross, Christ created a great diving between the old world and the new.a divide which cant be bridged.the system of each is not only entirely different,but irreconcilable and forever antagonistic to the other.
The Cross demands an absolute distinctiveness of interest,objectiveness,reletionships and resources.It draws the final distinction between the saved and unsaved,the living and the dead.
Paul said that He had"been Crucified to theĀ  world"and the world Crucified to Him.it is this verdict condemnation and demand of the Cross which is unacceptable and irritating to a very great number of professing Christains.God's Word declares in Roms6:6"our old man has been crucified with Christ"the history of the fallen race was concluded at Calvary.henceforth,we are called to live on His divine nature,humanly we possess nothing which is acceptable to God.
Worldly standard of success(excessive wealth,reputation and popularity)the world standard of success are all contrary to the Spirit of Christ,He applied the principle before the Cross had actually taken place,Matt19:22-24,(the eye of the needle symbolize The Cross).It is a perfectly obvious fact that where the Cross of our Lord Jesus Christ has been most faithfully preached and presented,bringing New Life to many It has almost invariably been the cause of trouble.wherever It has gone It has aroused antagonism.It was a stumbling block to the Jews,an absurdity to the Greeks,It has been unacceptable to the world,even in the Religion Communities.in spite of all the fact that It is the most popular symbol in the world.
Most of the preaching and teaching in the Christain Churches today is either confined to the"Historic Jesus"which presents a Crossless Christ,or gives modified meaning to His death.
If all the preaching and teaching are confined to the Christ of Bethsaida(Mark8:22-26),or the Christ of Gadara(mark5:1-20),or the Christ of Emmaus(Luke24:13-35) without an inward Revelation of Christ through the application of the Cross by the Holy Spirit,none of the preaching and teaching will amount to anything.
May God have mercy and bestow more Grace to us.
May His Spirit continue to apply the Cross in our being in Jesus name amen.

(1) (Reply)

Dumbest Website On Internet Blames Rich Jews For Islamophobia In America / Little Children / 3 Main Reason Why God Will Judge Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.