Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,334 members, 7,808,184 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:14 AM

Investing In The Uk - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Investing In The Uk (1777 Views)

How Profitable Is Investing N500,000 In Blogging? / List Of Venture Capital And Private Equity Firms Investing In Nigeria / Investing In Insurance In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Investing In The Uk by Wind2(m): 7:27pm On Sep 13, 2007
Hello friends,

I was hoping I could get information on some reliable mutual funds London. It’s almost as if, anywhere you go, if you don’t have £5,000, you can’t invest.
Please, someone here tell me I’m wrong because I can only hear the sound of coins in my pocket and I need to invest.
Cheers
Re: Investing In The Uk by naijacutee(f): 10:40pm On Sep 13, 2007
For as little as £100, you can invest in premium bonds. It's tax-free but you don't get paid interest on your money. Rather, they hold prizedraws monthly and you could win up to 1 million pounds even if your bonds have been sitting idle for 10 years. For more guaranteed returns, you could opt-in for a Direct ISA which can be opened with a minimum of £1000 and has a minimum further deposit of £250. This attracts an interest rate of 6.30% AER and is tax-free up to a £3,000 balance. You can get more information on www.nsandi.com. Hope this helps.
Re: Investing In The Uk by Wind2(m): 4:35am On Sep 14, 2007
Hi,
Naijacutee! Thanks for helping. From a glance, it appears that one would easily get a better deal in Nigeria? Noting that in Nigeria, with just N50, 000  IBTC  is willing to give their customers up to 30% growth rate annually. In fact, it looks like things are really going to get better because Aims is seeking to engage them in a competition. What is your view and experience on this? In the uk, it appears people are happy to escape the dreaded Uk taxes even if they'er not making real money. So if, as Halifax informs, inflation rate is 3% a year then what is the fate of those with little to invest if all they can achieve is run from tax only for inflation to give them a bite from the rear. Uk is not looking good I’m afraid.
I’m looking forward to some more useful information from you. Thanks again.
Regards smiley
Re: Investing In The Uk by naijacutee(f): 10:09am On Sep 14, 2007
Well, I guess that's why it will always make more sense to invest in a developing country. People here will embrace anything tax-free, as the only thing you don't get taxed on here is air. Actually, that's wrong! You do get taxed on air - Council tax, which you have to pay to your local council. So there you go. . . I'm sure there are other means of investing here but then I suppose you need much more money to put down.

Those IBTC shares really sound like something! 30%? That's a ridiculous offer! The highest I've seen here so far was the Abbey ISA accounts earlier this year. The offered 8% interest on investments : But by law, for ISAs, the first £3,000 in an ISA is tax-free, after that, you have to settle the tax man. Apart from that, there were some other conditions attached e.g you have to put in a fixed amount every month etc. 
Re: Investing In The Uk by buzzgonz(m): 10:17am On Sep 14, 2007
@poster
Investment Click below!!
Re: Investing In The Uk by Wind2(m): 4:01pm On Sep 18, 2007
Cheers all,
Looks like i've got two options. You guys have got me working.
Regards grin
Re: Investing In The Uk by Temmie10(m): 4:08pm On Sep 18, 2007
@Wind
Many investment trusts allow you to start with as little as 50 pounds a month.
here's a page you might find interesting: http://www.asbsecurities.co.nz/section880.asp
Re: Investing In The Uk by Dcarding(m): 1:07pm On Sep 19, 2007
Hi,
is there anyone in the house who know our to make legal money on internet.i mean cool money and it has to be feasible.
Pls. give your contact and u must tell i much to expect in every month.
Re: Investing In The Uk by pcmecom(m): 5:27pm On Sep 21, 2007
I am presently an Msc student here in the uk, I love business a lot, but since I came to the uk there seems to some restriction for international students going into business or registering a company, I didnt only co me to the uk to study I also came to make make money! anyone with ideas on the kind of business I can go into as an international student,
I MEAN LEGISTIMATE BUSINESS NOT YAHOO-YAHOO O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Investing In The Uk by kokorunna(m): 5:21pm On Oct 15, 2007
Go into the property industry as long as you have the relevant documents and funds as deposit
Re: Investing In The Uk by chiboyz(m): 12:07pm On Oct 17, 2007
naijacutee:

For as little as £100, you can invest in premium bonds. It's tax-free but you don't get paid interest on your money. Rather, they hold prizedraws monthly and you could win up to 1 million pounds even if your bonds have been sitting idle for 10 years. For more guaranteed returns, you could opt-in for a Direct ISA which can be opened with a minimum of £1000 and has a minimum further deposit of £250. This attracts an interest rate of 6.30% AER and is tax-free up to a £3,000 balance. You can get more information on www.nsandi.com. Hope this helps.

You have to be resident of the UK to be able to invest in ISA

(1) (Reply)

Yamaha Outboard Engine, Spare Parts And Accessories / 20 Businesses You Can Do With Your GSM Phone Right Now! / How To Recieve Payments With Paypal.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.