Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,256 members, 7,807,884 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:35 PM

Why Must Ladies Keep Something From Their Husbands Before Marriage? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Must Ladies Keep Something From Their Husbands Before Marriage? (2491 Views)

PHOTOS: Ladies Keep Your Man Coming For More / Single Lady Wants Married Women To Know Why They Date Their Husbands / Why Do Ladies Keep Their Age To Themselves. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Must Ladies Keep Something From Their Husbands Before Marriage? by ikhideman(m): 2:49pm On Oct 25, 2011
I know females are emotional and deep; they think by keeping something very important from their husbands before marriage, and thereafter telling him after the wedding, can protect them from losing the man. They fail to realise that more damage can be done by such delay; it can lead to distrust, loss of interest, etc.

I'm a christian,(not church goer) and I'm disappointed to say it happens among believers; I'm not implying that male believers don't have their issues/character failings, but female believers should let the HolySpirit in their renewed human spirit to lead them, rather than their fleshy emotions.

Comments please?
Re: Why Must Ladies Keep Something From Their Husbands Before Marriage? by MrsChima1(f): 2:51pm On Oct 25, 2011
Are you asking why female believers keep secrets from their husbands or exactly what are you asking? 

You went from knowing females are emotional to why are they keeping secrets to they need the holy spirit.

Are you trying to win souls indirectly?
Re: Why Must Ladies Keep Something From Their Husbands Before Marriage? by Sijo01(f): 2:54pm On Oct 25, 2011
Did it happen to u?
if it doz, dt doz nt mean all ladies ar like dat.
ok?
Re: Why Must Ladies Keep Something From Their Husbands Before Marriage? by coogar: 2:57pm On Oct 25, 2011
ikhideman:

I know females are emotional and deep; they think by keeping something very important from their husbands before marriage, and thereafter telling him after the wedding, can protect them from losing the man. They fail to realise that more damage can be done by such delay; it can lead to distrust, loss of interest, etc.

I'm a christian,(not church goer) and I'm disappointed to say it happens among believers; I'm not implying that male believers don't have their issues/character failings, but female believers should let the HolySpirit in their renewed human spirit to lead them, rather than their fleshy emotions.

Comments please?

give these women a break, will you?

so you really expect a woman to tell her fiance she had 3 abortions while she was in the uni? or she has a criminal record while she was doing her masters abroad, etc? would you marry such a woman? some things are better left unsaid. as long as i don't find out, it doesn't matter.
women should handle their business the way it favours them, men should do the same as well.

happy married life!
Re: Why Must Ladies Keep Something From Their Husbands Before Marriage? by tellwisdom: 3:02pm On Oct 25, 2011
Run for your dear life, these people are------>Gbagauunnnn angry angry
Re: Why Must Ladies Keep Something From Their Husbands Before Marriage? by ikhideman(m): 3:04pm On Oct 25, 2011
Yes, Why they keep secrets/important information relevant to the marriage from their husbands long before marriage and reveal it later in the marriage? Giving d excuse that they did not want to lose their man.

I used "christian males & females" so that the comments would be helpful
Re: Why Must Ladies Keep Something From Their Husbands Before Marriage? by MrsChima1(f): 3:18pm On Oct 25, 2011
ikhideman:

Yes, Why they keep secrets/important information relevant to the marriage from their husbands long before marriage and reveal it later in the marriage? Giving d excuse that they did not want to lose their man.

I used "christian males & females" so that the comments would be helpful

Gotcha. 

The same reasons why men keep secrets from their wives before marriage.  Everyone has skeletons in their closets even "classy Christian" people.  No one will tell the whole story of what happened in their life because it will not change the dynamic of relationships nor marriages. 

Now if it something that happened YEARS before you were in the picture then why is it any of your business?  I am sure you have secrets that she would consider "important" but some things are meant to be unknown.

Knowing everything doesn't determine success in relationships nor marriages.  That's why people need to spend time getting to know someone before JUMPING IN BED and across the broom.  I am not saying that you will know everything about the person but red flags and good signs will expose themselves once you allow your mind to see them with time. 

Sometimes clues are exposed beforehand and some people will ignore it.  Did that happened in your case?
Re: Why Must Ladies Keep Something From Their Husbands Before Marriage? by MrCork17: 3:19pm On Oct 25, 2011
ok wher iz Ebonyvibe.,. This is her kinda topic! wink
Re: Why Must Ladies Keep Something From Their Husbands Before Marriage? by ebonyvibe(f): 3:24pm On Oct 25, 2011
Any information apart from I love you, i can have kids and i dont have aids is the womans business either to keep or to share has nothing to do with the man.

Once she feels confident in you enough she will tell u and her past is her past men go out digging out info they really dont want the answer
Re: Why Must Ladies Keep Something From Their Husbands Before Marriage? by ikhideman(m): 3:38pm On Oct 25, 2011
@ Mrs, Chima

Thanks for your mature response.

I'm talking about relevant information (info that could affect their relations in marriage) that occurred and should be said during courtship, when the two of them were dating;
Re: Why Must Ladies Keep Something From Their Husbands Before Marriage? by MrsChima1(f): 3:41pm On Oct 25, 2011
ikhideman:

@ Mrs, Chima

Thanks for your mature response.

I'm talking about relevant information (info that could affect their relations in marriage) that occurred and should be said during courtship, when the two of them were dating;  

I understand exactly what you meant. I am just saying let be objective and realistic. What you feel is important may not be important to her. So such things may not come up intentionally before the marriage and some things surface on it own after marriage.

That's the purpose of red flags, it is a warning that something is not right or a secret is hidden.
Re: Why Must Ladies Keep Something From Their Husbands Before Marriage? by ikhideman(m): 3:55pm On Oct 25, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

I understand exactly what you meant. I am just saying let be objective and realistic. What you feel is important may not be important to her. So such things may not come up intentionally before the marriage and some things surface on it own after marriage.

That's the purpose of red flags, it is a warning that something is not right or a secret is hidden.

Its known that somethings definitely would surface on their own after marriage; i'm talking about what was deliberately kept till after the wedding & giving the excuse(when she knows her man very well) that she didn't want to lose the man, hence her keeping it till during the marriage when the man(a believer, who has emotions too) "seemingly wouldn't have a choice (like taking a break from the woman to review their relationship, since its already a marriage)". Point I'm making is that in doing so, they are being selfish,only concerned about how the man would react;trying to keep a relationship by false pretence when she knows her man given her experience with him while dating.
Re: Why Must Ladies Keep Something From Their Husbands Before Marriage? by kpolli(m): 4:17pm On Oct 25, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

Am sure he means stuff like weak wombs, abortions n co. . . Thats important in marriages
Re: Why Must Ladies Keep Something From Their Husbands Before Marriage? by BABE3: 4:44pm On Oct 25, 2011
coogar:

give these women a break, will you?

so you really expect a woman to tell her fiance she had 3 abortions while she was in the uni? or she has a criminal record while she was doing her masters abroad, etc? would you marry such a woman? some things are better left unsaid. as long as i don't find out, it doesn't matter.
women should handle their business the way it favours them, men should do the same as well.

happy married life!

If you find out, it matters?
Re: Why Must Ladies Keep Something From Their Husbands Before Marriage? by coogar: 4:51pm On Oct 25, 2011
BABE!:

If you find out, it matters?

of course. . . . .then she'll be sorry she didn't tell me about it earlier.

the rule is simple.

if you have a secret that has a remote chance of being discovered by me later in future, tell me.
if it's a secret i can never know about - don't tell me. grin
Re: Why Must Ladies Keep Something From Their Husbands Before Marriage? by iice(f): 4:53pm On Oct 25, 2011
And if she tells him. . .wouldn't what she predicted happen? Therefore it is logical that she wants to prevent that.
Just as a man would too.
Re: Why Must Ladies Keep Something From Their Husbands Before Marriage? by BABE3: 4:56pm On Oct 25, 2011
coogar:

of course. . . . .then she'll be sorry she didn't tell me about it earlier.
the rule is simple.
if you have a secret that has a remote chance of being discovered by me later in future, tell me.
if it's a secret i can never know about - don't tell me. grin

What if she thought you can never ever know about it, but you miraculously found out the secret---? grin
Re: Why Must Ladies Keep Something From Their Husbands Before Marriage? by MrCork17: 4:58pm On Oct 25, 2011
“If you reveal your secrets to the wind, you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.” (think about it) wink
Re: Why Must Ladies Keep Something From Their Husbands Before Marriage? by coogar: 4:59pm On Oct 25, 2011
BABE!:

What if she thought you can never ever know about it, but you miraculously found out the secret---?  grin

what a rotten luck she's got. . . .
if i find out miraculously, she's in trouble.
Re: Why Must Ladies Keep Something From Their Husbands Before Marriage? by BABE3: 5:00pm On Oct 25, 2011
coogar:

what a rotten luck she's got. . . .
if i find out miraculously, she's in trouble.

lol. Right.
Re: Why Must Ladies Keep Something From Their Husbands Before Marriage? by MrsChima1(f): 5:11pm On Oct 25, 2011
Kpoili

Would it change your love for the woman if you found out she had several abortions or is barren? Would that change the dynamic of your LOVE for the woman?

If so that wasn't love.
Re: Why Must Ladies Keep Something From Their Husbands Before Marriage? by coogar: 5:15pm On Oct 25, 2011
BABE!:

lol. Right.

if you have any secret you wanna share, now is the time to spill your guts. cheesy
Re: Why Must Ladies Keep Something From Their Husbands Before Marriage? by lindabon: 5:27pm On Oct 25, 2011

Why Must Ladies Keep Something From Their Husbands Before Marriage?

There have been cases where ladies went out blabbing secrets that they should have died with. And guess what the man said; "I would have been better off not knowing this".
Some things are better left to die with the past. Unless in rare cases like;
1. if the subject comes up directly during a serious conversation.
2. If the past can severely destroy the man's future if he doesn't know the truth.
For minor issues that doesn't concern him, no need to open those ugly black records of the past, because e no concern am. "Simples"  undecided undecided undecided
Re: Why Must Ladies Keep Something From Their Husbands Before Marriage? by BABE3: 5:36pm On Oct 25, 2011
coogar:

if you have any secret you wanna share, now is the time to spill your guts. cheesy

hehehehe. grin
Re: Why Must Ladies Keep Something From Their Husbands Before Marriage? by ronkebp(f): 5:46pm On Oct 25, 2011
I really do not believe in hiding anything in a relationship (the serious ones, the take me to the alter kind of relationships) If God says you will be together you will, irrespective of what has happened in the past. but for you to keep it a secret and start saying >>>>>> erm!!! em!!!! am sorry, should have told but i was afraid, blablabla!!!""" When are you supposed to be afraid most, before or after the wedding?
Re: Why Must Ladies Keep Something From Their Husbands Before Marriage? by lagcity(m): 8:54pm On Oct 25, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

Kpoili

Would it change your love for the woman if you found out she had several abortions or is barren? Would that change the dynamic of your LOVE for the woman?

If so that wasn't love.

This is just another form of blackmail women use. If a woman doesn't disclose her barreness and marries a man who wants kids, she doesn't love him, either. She's being selfish and true love isn't selfish.
Re: Why Must Ladies Keep Something From Their Husbands Before Marriage? by MrsChima1(f): 9:52pm On Oct 25, 2011
lagcity:

This is just another form of blackmail women use. If a woman doesn't disclose her barreness and marries a man who wants kids, she doesn't love him, either. She's being selfish and true love isn't selfish.

Wait a minute! It goes both ways just like if the man was impotent and he couldn't produce children and if the woman love the man as much as she claims, she will stay with him regardless unless her love has conditions.

Step back Negro!
Re: Why Must Ladies Keep Something From Their Husbands Before Marriage? by Nobody: 5:33am On Oct 26, 2011
Secrets are meant to be kept.
Re: Why Must Ladies Keep Something From Their Husbands Before Marriage? by lagcity(m): 5:37am On Oct 26, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

Wait a minute! It goes both ways just like if the man was impotent and he couldn't produce children and if the woman love the man as much as she claims, she will stay with him regardless unless her love has conditions.

Step back Negro!
Well we are talking about the woman here. And you didn't disprove my point: true love isn't selfish. Besides, impotence isn't sterility. A man can't hide it because couples usually have sex before marriage.
Re: Why Must Ladies Keep Something From Their Husbands Before Marriage? by UGOCHUKWU3: 10:28am On Oct 26, 2011
Am a victim of this,after 18 months of marriage,i jst discovered that the woman i have been living with has been in another marriage and left the marriage,am yet to get the real reason she left but that is jst the dilemma am currently passing tru,i really need an advice on how to handle this
Re: Why Must Ladies Keep Something From Their Husbands Before Marriage? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:48pm On Oct 26, 2011
Women keep all kinds of secrets - be glad she lets you know where she does her hair. This happens BEFORE and AFTER Marriage. Accept that we are created differently and have different psychological make-up coupled with the FACT that Society has drawn stupid lines on how a Woman should behave. trust me, you don't want to know. just keep enjoying the peace while it lasts wink
Re: Why Must Ladies Keep Something From Their Husbands Before Marriage? by MrsChima1(f): 1:55pm On Oct 26, 2011
lagcity:

Well we are talking about the woman here. And you didn't disprove my point: true love isn't selfish. Besides, impotence isn't sterility. A man can't hide it because couples usually Be Intimate before marriage.

Impotence isn't STERILITY?!!! WTF. That's a damn shame.

You mentioned true love isn't selfish but it isn't PERFECT. Regardless if you are in a true love relationship, BOTH OF YOU ARE GOING TO Bleep UP one way or another. Real talk.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Would You Let Your Wife Drive / I'm Heartbroken, I Nid Hate Songs I Can Always Listen To / Why Do Guys Fail To React When Slapped By Ladies.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.