Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,900 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:35 AM

Who Would Be Obamas Opponent In 2012 - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Would Be Obamas Opponent In 2012 (9901 Views)

The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) / Un Declares Boko Haram Number 1 Terror Group In 2012, Britain Eager 2 Assist / Princess Kaoru Nakamaru '3 Days Of Continuous Darkness In 2012' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Would Be Obamas Opponent In 2012 by KayDee4: 3:56am On Feb 29, 2012
isale_gan2:

I expect more sense from Bill Maher.

Bill Maher is an independent who thinks all the current republican candidates are 'id10ts' (in his own words)  grin ; so he's free to support the opposition.

isale_gan2:

Obama pretended to be something he's not; he turned out to be no different from any other US politician as regards foreign policy.  If you lie to me and betray me, you better believe I'm gonna keep coming for your jugular.  angry

Which of the foreign policy promises ? foreign aid to Africa? pulling out of Iraq and ending the wars? closing down of guantanamo bay detention center ? I think he actually tried to tread a different path from his predecessors by asking Israel to stop all settlement activity in a bid to resolve the never-ending middle east wahala. He tried to reset relationships that had turned frosty over the years with countries like Venezuela, Russia and even Iran. Hunting down Bin Laden's a.s.s and destroying Al Qaeda ?  I don't know what to score him on the handling of the Egypt and Libya issues. Some foreign polices are never gon change overnight or might never ever change, they have gone from mere policies to the 'American way'.

isale_gan2:

Iran provoke what?  shocked shocked shocked You cannot be serious!  undecided

With the threat to close the strait of Hormuz, continued Uranium enrichment, taunting US warships and warning them never to return to the gulf of Kuwait, George W. Bush would have bombed half of Iran by now. Your republican friend Santorum even said he would have ordered airstrikes by now.
Re: Who Would Be Obamas Opponent In 2012 by KayDee4: 4:06am On Feb 29, 2012
Meanwhile, Romney seems to have won Arizona and even though right now Michigan is still too close to call, he might snap that one up too. Santorum committed political suicide with his continuous social issues psycho talk which saw him lose his previous comfortable lead over Romney.
Re: Who Would Be Obamas Opponent In 2012 by dayokanu(m): 5:58am On Feb 29, 2012
Romney wins both Arizona and Michigan
Re: Who Would Be Obamas Opponent In 2012 by preselect(m): 10:07pm On Mar 01, 2012
@tayo d
in 2008, Obama won mccain for 3 main reasons

1. Bush had made the republican party so unpopular that the republicans were reluctant to mention the name of their party in their convention
2. the market crash
3. Obama was a new face in US politics. kinda "fresh air"

this yr would be different, the battle will be in the center. republicans will vote for their nomineee, same for democrats, but the independents will make the difference. they wont likely vote for wackos like newt or santorium.

other things being equal
Re: Who Would Be Obamas Opponent In 2012 by TayoD1(m): 4:32pm On Mar 02, 2012
@pres,

they wont likely vote for wackos like newt or santorium.
I am curious, what makes these two wackos? Are they any more wacko than Ronald Reagan was potrayed and yet won in a landslide?
Re: Who Would Be Obamas Opponent In 2012 by armyofone(m): 5:21pm On Mar 02, 2012
it is clear that Romney is leading. what are the rest waiting for? isn't it abt time they drop out and give him full support? why wasting airtime?
I'm becoming bored watching CNN and MSNBC/FOX.

i think i'm okay now watching "bride of chucky" & "chucky's child's play"
Re: Who Would Be Obamas Opponent In 2012 by TayoD1(m): 6:26pm On Mar 02, 2012
@armyofone,

it is clear that Romney is leading. what are the rest waiting for? isn't it abt time they drop out and give him full support? why wasting airtime
It'll be a different ball game altogether if one of Santorium or Gingrich drops out at this point. What that means is that the other votes that are split at this point will be consolidated against Romney. This race is far from over. Watch out for a rejuvenated Gingrich!!!
Re: Who Would Be Obamas Opponent In 2012 by preselect(m): 11:43pm On Mar 02, 2012
Tayo-D:

@pres,
I am curious, what makes these two wackos? Are they any more wacko than Ronald Reagan was potrayed and yet won in a landslide?

Ronald Reagan was very foolish but he wasn't mad. Even he realized that his proposed voo-doo economics was insane. He raised taxes when it was realistically unavoidable. I never knew republicans still have common sense, I mean for all the noise about the tea party in 2010, who could believe that Romney would be leading and winning state after state like he is doing.

If Obama won't be there, Romney is the next best thing. He's practical, efficient and purposeful( disregard his rhetorics, he has to say a lot of trash to attract wacky voters in the GOP primary) .

He will be more like John Sununu.
Re: Who Would Be Obamas Opponent In 2012 by TayoD1(m): 5:54am On Mar 03, 2012
@pres-elect,

You did not answer my question on why you think Gingrich and Santorium are wackos and yet you go ahead to call Reagan a fool. Typical leftist strategy, cover up your outrageous accusations with an even greater accusation to distract from your previous accusation.

Please tell me, what was the tax rate when Reagan became President and what was the rate when he handed over? Was there a net increase or decrease in the tax rate or not? He inherited a recession from your liberal President and turned it around by conservative principles creating millions of jobs in the process. It's unfortunate that Obama will not learn from the blue print that Reagan showed practically to have worked.
Re: Who Would Be Obamas Opponent In 2012 by preselect(m): 5:24pm On Mar 03, 2012
First of all I didn't call Reagan a fool. I said he was very foolish. I know English is not your first language but there's a difference between the two statements.

Yet he was not a mad man. There were a lot of wackos in the GOP but there has never been a time like now when the wackos are at the top. I really pity John boehner. Such a gentleman has had to deal with this nonsense.

Santorium based his campaign on folly. How can someone be against college education. That Obama is a snob bc he tried to encourage Americans to get an education. And that is just one case.

Gingrich, oh boy. Even republicans know he's unfit for anything and they fired him when he was their speaker.

And pls lets not talk of Reagan. The economic fart he released is still smelling.
Re: Who Would Be Obamas Opponent In 2012 by dayokanu(m): 6:34pm On Mar 03, 2012
Are you forgetting Limbaugh who called Sandra Fluke a slut and prostitute?
Re: Who Would Be Obamas Opponent In 2012 by KayDee4: 8:07pm On Mar 03, 2012
dayokanu:

Are you forgetting Limbaugh who called Sandra Fluke a slut and LovePeddler?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-884095.0.html#msg10311506

Rush Limbaugh is an unrepentant a$.$ he still continued with the attacks yesterday but he's bitten off more than he can chew this time. Krystal ball (one time Rush Limbaugh's victim) and Karen Finney look like they're hell bent on seeing him get punished for this with their social media campaign to boycott anyone who advertises on his program and of course advertisers are already bailing out on him.

pres-elect:

I really pity John boehner. Such a gentleman has had to deal with this nonsense.

Santorium based his campaign on folly. How can someone be against college education. That Obama is a snob bc he tried to encourage Americans to get an education. And that is just one case.

John Boehner looks to be a good guy but to keep his post as speaker, he has to dance to the tune of the GOP, and pretend to be for their agenda.

Santorum is an extremist and I'm not surprised to hear he hasn't won Catholic votes in any state so far.

GOP Primaries = crazy mess
Re: Who Would Be Obamas Opponent In 2012 by TayoD1(m): 8:27pm On Mar 04, 2012
@Pres,

First of all I didn't call Reagan a fool. I said he was very foolish. I know English is not your first language but there's a difference between the two statements.
Story, story. I know english is your first language which is why I find it ironic you don't understand the context in which you made the accusation. You used a noun to describe the people you were comparing Reagan to, even though you used an adjective for Reagan. I took the liberty to use the noun because you didn't mean to refer to Santorium and Gingrich as behaving insanely but as insane.

Yet he was not a mad man. There were a lot of wackos in the GOP but there has never been a time like now when the wackos are at the top. I really pity John boehner. Such a gentleman has had to deal with this nonsense.
Keep your pity to yourself. Pay more attention to your Party and the radicals leading it. You have a Party leader (Obama) who said killing babies via abortion is not enough. He sponsored a legislation asking that a second doctor should not be allowed in an abortion to help save a child who survives the abortion. As a matter of fact, he said those babies must be killed because the mothers didn't intend for them to be alive. Who is the radical here?

Is that all you have to say to call him mad? I do agree with Santorium that everybody cannot go to college and that we have to pay equal attention to community colleges and trade schools. There are moves now to make it more difficult for those trade schools to function and that is what Santorium is against. Stop spreading lies and propaganda that do not exist. Santorium is not against college education.

Gingrich, oh boy. Even republicans know he's unfit for anything and they fired him when he was their speaker.
He is unfit and yet the only House Speaker who balanced the budget 4 years in a row. Can you tell me if anyone else has achieved such a feat in your lifetime?

And pls lets not talk of Reagan. The economic fart he released is still smelling.
I have asked you a simple question. What was the unemployment rate at the time Reagan became president and what was it when he handed over? Same question regarding taxes. These are facts that can be verified and I'll appreciate if you will publish the numbers here so uninformed people can see for themselves who is really farting from both sides of their mouths.
Re: Who Would Be Obamas Opponent In 2012 by KayDee4: 12:24am On Mar 05, 2012
Tayo-D:

Is that all you have to say to call him mad? I do agree with Santorium that everybody cannot go to college and that we have to pay equal attention to community colleges and trade schools. There are moves now to make it more difficult for those trade schools to function and that is what Santorium is against.  Stop spreading lies and propaganda that do not exist. Santorium is not against college education.

Obama made it clear that by "higher education", he didnt mean only 4-year colleges  but also community colleges and anywhere you can acquire any type of formal training and he will not force everyone to go off to college but he will just  make it affordable for anyone who dreams of it. (Its just about providing the opportunity).

Santorum knows this but its in his habit to cook up unpleasant lies and stories that will sound sweet to the conservatives he's trying to appeal to.

BRB !!!
Re: Who Would Be Obamas Opponent In 2012 by TayoD1(m): 1:52am On Mar 05, 2012
@Kay-Dee,

Obama made it clear that by "higher education", he didnt mean only 4-year colleges  but also community colleges and anywhere you can acquire any type of formal training and he will not force everyone to go off to college but he will just  make it affordable for anyone who dreams of it. (Its just about providing the opportunity).

Santorum knows this but its in his habit to cook up unpleasant lies and stories that will sound sweet to the conservatives he's trying to appeal to
Are you saying that Obama shares the same view point as Santorium? What the heck!! Does that mean that Obama too is insane or are we to judge him by another standard?

And by the way, you didn't address the fact that I said Obama is the radical here who throws his weight behind infanticide, or for lack of a better term, infant homicide!!!
Re: Who Would Be Obamas Opponent In 2012 by KayDee4: 2:54am On Mar 05, 2012
Tayo-D:

@Kay-Dee,

Are you saying that Obama shares the same view point as Santorium? What the heck!! Does that mean that Obama too is insane or are we to judge him by another standard?

No, Im saying Santorum took something Obama said and created an 'insane' version of his own.

Tayo-D:

@Kay-Dee,
And by the way, you didn't address the fact that I said Obama is the radical here who throws his weight behind infanticide, or for lack of a better term, infant homicide!!!

The Pro-life and Pro-abortion debate is one i wont get into because a million different people will have a million different opinions about it; from when life begins (@ conception, @ birth, @ . . . . . ) to "if a woman is r.a.ped . . . . . ", to blah blah blah . . . .

The repubs are all hateful liars
Re: Who Would Be Obamas Opponent In 2012 by TayoD1(m): 4:49am On Mar 05, 2012
@Kay-Dee,

No, Im saying Santorum took something Obama said and created an 'insane' version of his own.
The issue here is not about misquoting Obama. The issuse here is if Santorium is crazy (as Pres-elect suggested) because he essentially hold the same position as Obama regarding college education.

The Pro-life and Pro-abortion debate is one i wont get into because a million different people will have a million different opinions about it; from when life begins (@ conception, @ birth, @ . . . . . ) to "if a woman is r.a.ped . . . . . ", to blah blah blah . . . .
Who is talking about just the regular abortion (the holy grail of the left). I am talking not about a foetus but a child that is born out of abortion. Obama said a child that can survive after an abortion attempt should not get the proper care to survive from an additional Doctor.

The repubs are all hateful liars
Re: Who Would Be Obamas Opponent In 2012 by JeSoul(f): 9:45pm On Mar 05, 2012
Kay-Dee:

Bill Maher is an independent
  *gasps* Sorry, I almost choked on my pasta lunch  cheesy. The arrangement and progression of nouns & adjectives in this very short quote is of capital offence quality. Kaydee my dear brother, did you just call Maher an 'independent'?  shocked  grin please confirm that was a slip of the keyboard kiss

Uncle Tayo how body now? Massachusetts primary is tomorrow. I'm not sure if its worth the 3 minute drive from my house to city hall . . . what do you think sir? And oh, please disregard the previous statement I made in regards to voting for Mr Obama due to displeasure with the GOP alternatives . . . I was obviously on something that day grin events of the last few weeks have certainly set me straight.
Re: Who Would Be Obamas Opponent In 2012 by armyofone(m): 9:56pm On Mar 05, 2012
how can a child be born out of abortion? Tayo, enlighten me here or you was it typo?
undecided
Re: Who Would Be Obamas Opponent In 2012 by TayoD1(m): 11:26pm On Mar 05, 2012
@army,

how can a child be born out of abortion? Tayo, enlighten me here or you was it typo?
Did you read the second part of my statement for clarification?  I said a cjhild that survives an abortion attempt.  As you know, the aim of abortion is to murder the child.  Obama said an additional Doctor should not be brought in to care for a viable child that survives an abortion (homicide) attempt.
Re: Who Would Be Obamas Opponent In 2012 by TayoD1(m): 11:31pm On Mar 05, 2012
@JeSoul,

Uncle Tayo how body now?
Body,Soul and Spirit are still together, hence we thank God.

Massachusetts primary is tomorrow. I'm not sure if its worth the 3 minute drive from my house to city hall . . . what do you think sir?
I will chastising myself if I weigh heavily on you if you don't vote tomorrow. Afterall, I missed the MN caucauses as well. Anyway, I am on my way to Madison (relocating in a few weeks), so I am more interested now in making sure we retain our action governor there. MN is a lost cause! lipsrsealed

And oh, please disregard the previous statement I made in regards to voting for Mr Obama due to displeasure with the GOP alternatives . . . I was obviously on something that day events of the last few weeks have certainly set me straight.
I swear to God that I believed someone hacked into your account when I read that. Welcome home.
Re: Who Would Be Obamas Opponent In 2012 by dayokanu(m): 3:45am On Mar 06, 2012
Michelle Bachmann has to be the most ridiculous politician in American history

Watching her on Piers Morgan right now and she barely answered any question, Just coined her own question and answered it the way she wanted
Re: Who Would Be Obamas Opponent In 2012 by TayoD1(m): 3:48am On Mar 06, 2012
@dayokanu,

Michelle Bachmann has to be the most ridiculous politician in American history

Watching her on Piers Morgan right now and she barely answered any question, Just coined her own question and answered it the way she wanted
You know that could be a good strategy these days where we know the press has got their own agenda. Gingrich has shown how best to deal with these folks sometimes by reframing the questions to something relevant. You've got to thread carefully when you are in enemy territory because all they are trying to do is trip you up.
Re: Who Would Be Obamas Opponent In 2012 by KayDee4: 3:55am On Mar 06, 2012
JeSoul:

*gasps* Sorry, I almost choked on my pasta lunch  cheesy. The arrangement and progression of nouns & adjectives in this very short quote is of capital offence quality. Kaydee my dear brother, did you just call Maher an 'independent'?  shocked  grin please confirm that was a slip of the keyboard  kiss

. . . . . .  and your point is  ?  undecided undecided  That my sentence is not well structured or that Bill Maher is not  ?  undecided undecided . There's nothing wrong with what I typed. Whether or not he is, is another point for argument.

Tayo-D:

@Kay-Dee,
Who is talking about just the regular abortion (the holy grail of the left).  I am talking not about a foetus but a child that is born out of abortion.  Obama said a child that can survive after an abortion attempt should not get the proper care to survive from an additional Doctor.

another bold faced lie by Ricky Martin Santorum  grin , . Obama said he was in support of a doctor providing assistance to a baby born out of abortion but was against the bill which was being complicated by terms that aim to give the baby legal rights (which the baby already has by the way, by being alive) and plenty ingredients in there sha, that was supposed to complicate and frustrate the whole process of abortion, thereby denying the woman her right to an abortion.
Re: Who Would Be Obamas Opponent In 2012 by KayDee4: 4:05am On Mar 06, 2012
Tayo-D:

@dayokanu,
You know that could be a good strategy these days where we know the press has got their own agenda.  Gingrich has shown how best to deal with these folks sometimes by reframing the questions to something relevant.  You've got to thread carefully when you are in enemy territory because all they are trying to do is trip you up.

Its not about any hidden agenda or trying to trip you up, its about being able to defend what you say or do when the time comes and not flip flopping when you're in the hot seat.

If she said gays and lesbians are barbarians in bondage, then she should be ready to defend her words,  (oh it was her husband)  grin   and not trying to flip the attack when you're cornered. It's the job of the media to help you clarify your statements, ainnit? .

If you wanna talk about extremely biased media folks, check out the Fox News crew, lies lies lies and senseless lies.

(I'm not "pro-abortion" and I'm not "pro-same-sex-marriage" )  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Gearing up for super tuesday drama; 10 states
Re: Who Would Be Obamas Opponent In 2012 by JeSoul(f): 4:00pm On Mar 06, 2012
Tayo-D:

@JeSoul,
Body,Soul and Spirit are still together, hence we thank God.
That's what we like to hear. We thank God indeed. May that cup of yours continue to overflow smiley

I will chastising myself if I weigh heavily on you if you don't vote tomorrow. Afterall, I missed the MN caucauses as well. Anyway, I am on my way to Madison (relocating in a few weeks), so I am more interested now in making sure we retain our action governor there. MN is a lost cause! lipsrsealed
Lol. Wisconsin? Interesting. Whatever helps with retaining ones sanity abi? lol. I don't know who to vote for undecided I really don't like any of the options, as if it matters . . . Romney was always going to be the nominee barring any scandals.

I swear to God that I believed someone hacked into your account when I read that. Welcome home.
hehe grin na frustration cause am.

Kay-Dee:

. . . . . . and your point is ? undecided undecided That my sentence is not well structured or that Bill Maher is not ? undecided undecided . There's nothing wrong with what I typed. Whether or not he is, is another point for argument.
. . . you miss the point, my fault. Saying Maher is an independent is like saying Bill clinton is a virgin. Unless the political definition of an "independent" has changed recently.
Re: Who Would Be Obamas Opponent In 2012 by dayokanu(m): 3:42am On Mar 07, 2012
[size=18pt]Romney takes Virginia, Vermont, Massachusetts while Santorum wins Tennessee and Oklahoma[/size]
Re: Who Would Be Obamas Opponent In 2012 by KayDee4: 4:13am On Mar 07, 2012
Ohio is the big piece of cake, but its still very tight.

Santi' seems to have N. Dakota in the bag too.
Re: Who Would Be Obamas Opponent In 2012 by dayokanu(m): 5:52am On Mar 07, 2012
Looks like Romney would edge it he leads my 6,000 votes now
Re: Who Would Be Obamas Opponent In 2012 by dayokanu(m): 4:41am On Mar 14, 2012
Rick Santorum wins in Alabama and Mississippi
Re: Who Would Be Obamas Opponent In 2012 by KayDee4: 5:56am On Mar 14, 2012
The bumpy ride continues for all 3 , oops, 4 of them.
Re: Who Would Be Obamas Opponent In 2012 by KayDee4: 4:14am On Mar 16, 2012

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Top 10 Most Liveable Cities In Africa -- Nigeria No Where To Be Found / John Godson Polish First Black MP (Nigerian) / Obama's Speech: Was It Read From A Screen Or Said Off Hand?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.