Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,686 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:21 PM

Do Wild Animals Exist In Nigeria: Not Zoos O! - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Do Wild Animals Exist In Nigeria: Not Zoos O! (26021 Views)

Real Life Tarzen Girl Grew Up In Jungles With Wild Animals: Pictures / University Girls EXPOSED, Lesbian Party Gone Wild See PHOTOS / Animals And Zoos In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Wild Animals Exist In Nigeria: Not Zoos O! by 195(f): 5:28pm On Nov 03, 2011
EfeEkarume:

" But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire. " - Mat 5:22
shocked shocked

God 4give me oooh

I don sin

190_@:

[color=red]

[color=red]seriously i really need to eat bush fowl meat angry angry

Is it sweet - bush fowl meat [/color]
Re: Do Wild Animals Exist In Nigeria: Not Zoos O! by EfeEkarume(m): 4:45am On Nov 04, 2011
190_@:

shocked shocked
[color=red]
God 4give me oooh

I don sin

I have forgiven you son . . .go and sin no more.
Re: Do Wild Animals Exist In Nigeria: Not Zoos O! by 195(f): 10:44pm On Nov 04, 2011
shocked angry angry
Re: Do Wild Animals Exist In Nigeria: Not Zoos O! by chidike(m): 6:04pm On Nov 23, 2011
Hey guys! Thanks a lot! i've really learnt a lot.
To all those people bashing me about not knowing about the existence of these wild animals, well, like a lot of other peeps i've always been in the city and never cited any apart from the ones in zoos.

Another reason i asked was because i usually watch Nat Geo wild, and u see all these nature and wildlife observers in east africa and southern africa, always wondered why they don't visit west africa (now i know why).

Also as i said in my first post, there's a bit of civilization in every area in nigeria, so i was wondering how they would survive living side by side wit humans.

Thanks y'all for the smart and not so smart comments!
Re: Do Wild Animals Exist In Nigeria: Not Zoos O! by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:01pm On Nov 29, 2011
Re: Do Wild Animals Exist In Nigeria: Not Zoos O! by tpiadotcom: 6:16pm On Jul 29, 2015
highly doubtful.

maybe the smaller ones such as grasscutter.
Re: Do Wild Animals Exist In Nigeria: Not Zoos O! by KingAzubuike(f): 8:12pm On Jan 03, 2020
nasoeb:
ofcourse there are, especially the northern part of the country, its recorded we have hyaenas, lions, tigers, leopard etc

the problem is that our government hasn't got the time for the citizens needless talking about preserving these animals
Tiger? grin

Mr , there are no tigers in this part of the world.
Re: Do Wild Animals Exist In Nigeria: Not Zoos O! by nlPoster: 8:51pm On Jan 03, 2020
tpiadotcom:
highly doubtful.

maybe the smaller ones such as grasscutter.

Referring to southern Nigeria.
Re: Do Wild Animals Exist In Nigeria: Not Zoos O! by nlPoster: 8:53pm On Jan 03, 2020
@ original post

Unless the lion was imported or brought from somewhere, there are no larger animals in the wild in southern Nigeria.

Efforts are being made to reintroduce them (eg elephants) however.

I dont know if it has reached the point where they (wild animals) would be comfortably standing by the side of the road gazing at cars and people passing by.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Thread For Nairalanders With Cute Dimples / "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? / 18-yr-old Victim Of Gang molestation Commits Suicide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.