Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,134 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:47 AM

Mention Few Common Practices Between Islam And Christianity. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mention Few Common Practices Between Islam And Christianity. (8890 Views)

10 Unbiblical/unspiritual Practices Thriving In The Church / Between Islam And Christianity, Which Is The MOST Intolerant? / Similarities Between Islam And Catholicism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mention Few Common Practices Between Islam And Christianity. by aloyemeka1: 2:04am On Oct 26, 2011
Can you mention mention few common practices between Islam and Christianity. Is there any common practice between both faith?
Re: Mention Few Common Practices Between Islam And Christianity. by tpia5: 2:49am On Oct 26, 2011
not that i'm aware of.

need i ask the purpose of the thread?
Re: Mention Few Common Practices Between Islam And Christianity. by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:48am On Oct 26, 2011
grin aloy/emeka is secretly plotting the establishment of ChrisLam in Nigeria grin
Re: Mention Few Common Practices Between Islam And Christianity. by aloyemeka1: 11:20am On Oct 26, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

grin aloy/emeka is secretly plotting the establishment of ChrisLam in Nigeria  grin
Me ke? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Mention Few Common Practices Between Islam And Christianity. by daywatcher: 3:49pm On Oct 26, 2011
both promote a divide on religious grounds in Nigeria
Re: Mention Few Common Practices Between Islam And Christianity. by bolseas(f): 4:11pm On Oct 26, 2011
@ Topic

1) Fasting

2) Praying

3) Praise
Re: Mention Few Common Practices Between Islam And Christianity. by real4life: 4:14pm On Oct 26, 2011
In teaching Islam and Christianity are very similar as both religions forbid
(a) illegal sex (adultery and fornication)
(b) drinking alcohol
(c) indecent dressing
etc

But in practice the followers are not very similar except maybe the following:

bolseas:

@ Topic

1) Fasting

2) Praying

3) Praise
Re: Mention Few Common Practices Between Islam And Christianity. by ebogentle(m): 4:25pm On Oct 26, 2011
I know that the person/prophet called Abraham in the bible is also known as Ibrahim in the Qur'an.
So also are the following pairs of names,
Aaron, Harun or Haruna
Zachariah, Zakari, Zikr, Sikiru
Job, Ayub or Ayuba
Isaac, Ishaq or Isiaku or Isiaka son of Abraham/Ibrahim
Ishmael, Ismail or Ismaila, or Samaila son of Abraham/Ibrahim
John, Yahaya
Jonah, Yunus or Yunusa or Yinusa
Solomon, Suleiman or Sulaiman, or Sule
Lot, Lut
Moses, Musa
Adam, Adam or Adamu

Even the angels,
Gabriel, Jibril
Michael, Mikail
Israel, Asrail

Even the women,

Mary, Mariam
Eve, Hauwa

What i don't understand is why we disagree more than we agree when there is clearly a lot in common in our scriptures.
Plus One came from Europe and the other came from middle east. One might use the word "imported religions" and yet Nigerians are killing and hating themselves.

mchew!
Re: Mention Few Common Practices Between Islam And Christianity. by fxtopedia(m): 4:27pm On Oct 26, 2011
What is common between DARKNESS and LIGHT?

1 Like

Re: Mention Few Common Practices Between Islam And Christianity. by ImaIma1(f): 4:29pm On Oct 26, 2011
i dont like this thread sad.religious talks like dis dnt end well.we really dont have anything in common

1 Like

Re: Mention Few Common Practices Between Islam And Christianity. by Nobody: 4:39pm On Oct 26, 2011
are there common practices? all i know is that one support[/b]s terrorism whilst the other does not [b]support

support is the key word lol

1 Like

Re: Mention Few Common Practices Between Islam And Christianity. by demmy8: 4:42pm On Oct 26, 2011
Hello Fellow Nigerians.
My name is Ademola Oladunjoye, I am a Nigerian student studying in Mississippi state University, I was recently nominated as an international student of the year among 11 others from other countries. Please I need your vote! to support me with your vote please click on the link below and "Like" the note under my name. thanks so much for your support. Here is the link http:///oeNnQG. Anyone with Facebook page can vote. All votes ends 6am Thursday morning Nigeria time.
Re: Mention Few Common Practices Between Islam And Christianity. by demmy8: 4:43pm On Oct 26, 2011
Hello Fellow Nigerians.
My name is Ademola Oladunjoye, I am a Nigerian student studying in Mississippi state University, I was recently nominated as an international student of the year among 11 others from other countries. Please I need your vote! to support me with your vote please click on the link below and "Like" the note under my name. thanks so much for your support. Here is the link http:///oeNnQG. Anyone with Facebook page can vote. All votes ends 6am Thursday morning Nigeria time.
Re: Mention Few Common Practices Between Islam And Christianity. by Nobody: 4:44pm On Oct 26, 2011
[size=14pt]Common practices   [/size]

[size=14pt]Let me think, will be back ![/size]!!!
Re: Mention Few Common Practices Between Islam And Christianity. by castrokins(m): 4:45pm On Oct 26, 2011
ebogentle:

I know that the person/prophet called Abraham in the bible is also known as Ibrahim in the Qur'an.
So also are the following pairs of names,
Aaron, Harun or Haruna
Zachariah, Zakari, Zikr, Sikiru
Job, Ayub or Ayuba
Isaac, Ishaq or Isiaku or Isiaka son of Abraham/Ibrahim
Ishmael, Ismail or Ismaila, or Samaila son of Abraham/Ibrahim
John, Yahaya
Jonah, Yunus or Yunusa or Yinusa
Solomon, Suleiman or Sulaiman, or Sule
Lot, Lut
Moses, Musa
Adam, Adam or Adamu

Even the angels,
Gabriel, Jibril
Michael, Mikail
Israel, Asrail

Even the women,

Mary, Mariam
Eve, Hauwa

What i don't understand is why we disagree more than we agree when there is clearly a lot in common in our scriptures.
Plus One came from Europe and the other came from middle east. One might use the word "imported religions" and yet Nigerians are killing and hating themselves.

mchew!

why the perpetual hate with the broad and elaborate similarities listed here
Re: Mention Few Common Practices Between Islam And Christianity. by Samxiulee: 4:53pm On Oct 26, 2011
@ima,Judaism,Christianity,Islam are all Abrahamhic religion,the all believe in hell and heaven,GOD,they all have the old testament in their holy book,the torah,bible,and the koran, it just the mode of belief and worship.
Re: Mention Few Common Practices Between Islam And Christianity. by fxtopedia(m): 4:54pm On Oct 26, 2011
toba:

are there common practices? all i know is that one support[/b]s terrorism whilst the other does not [b]support  

Also One is rooted in violence and the other is rooted in LOVE! No comparison jaree

1 Like

Re: Mention Few Common Practices Between Islam And Christianity. by fabj1(m): 5:02pm On Oct 26, 2011
giving
Re: Mention Few Common Practices Between Islam And Christianity. by Nobody: 5:12pm On Oct 26, 2011
Rubbish !!! No similarity or comparism. Na wa o. Is like comparing darkness and light just as some1 rightly stated. Abeg Islam is darkness.
Re: Mention Few Common Practices Between Islam And Christianity. by Nobody: 5:13pm On Oct 26, 2011
Rubbish !!! No similarity or comparism. Na wa o. Is like comparing darkness and light just as some1 rightly stated. Abeg Islam is darkness.

1 Like

Re: Mention Few Common Practices Between Islam And Christianity. by solidgai: 5:19pm On Oct 26, 2011
-Both Religion believe in the Holy Bible
(For those that don't know. Islam enjoins the study of the Holy Bible)
-Both originated from Prophet Abraham
-Both believe in heaven & hell
-Both preach that mankind should do good deeds
(the fact that some muslims don't understand their Quran should not be used to judge all muslims, many a christians don't understand the Bible too)
Re: Mention Few Common Practices Between Islam And Christianity. by fxtopedia(m): 5:20pm On Oct 26, 2011
yorke:

[size=28pt]GBAM[/size]

1 Like

Re: Mention Few Common Practices Between Islam And Christianity. by vb0mb(m): 5:28pm On Oct 26, 2011
Both has the belief of life after death. Both believe in judgement after death. They also believe in the existence of heaven and hell.
Both religion fast and pray and also believe in the existence of a supreme God who made heaven and earth.
But what baffles me is that is that each of them sees one another as a pagan.( hence both are pagan religion)
Re: Mention Few Common Practices Between Islam And Christianity. by Pukkah: 5:43pm On Oct 26, 2011
real4life:

(b) drinking alcohol
(c) indecent dressing
etc

Is the Bible categorical or unequivocal about the drinking of alcohol?

daywatcher:

both promote a divide on religious grounds in Nigeria

Correct. In fact, both antagonize and provoke the adherents of traditional religion who incidentally are more indulgent of them.

fxtopedia:

Also One is rooted in violence and the other is rooted in LOVE! No comparison jaree

yorke:

Did you consider the Crusade and the Inquisition before making this statement? One is rooted in love??
Re: Mention Few Common Practices Between Islam And Christianity. by Nobody: 5:45pm On Oct 26, 2011
In Mosque Zakat, In Church Charity
Re: Mention Few Common Practices Between Islam And Christianity. by chakula: 5:45pm On Oct 26, 2011
You will never fail me Toba your comment seems different al the time  cry cry cry
toba:

Re: Mention Few Common Practices Between Islam And Christianity. by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 5:51pm On Oct 26, 2011
fxtopedia:

What is common between DARKNESS and LIGHT?

They both have one creator grin
Re: Mention Few Common Practices Between Islam And Christianity. by Aderupoko2: 6:04pm On Oct 26, 2011
One Kill by Bomb,the other Kill by Fire cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Mention Few Common Practices Between Islam And Christianity. by kabukabu50(m): 6:05pm On Oct 26, 2011
real4life:

(b) drinking alcohol(c) indecent dressing
etc

There is nowhere in the Bible that states that drinking alcohol is forbidden.
Jesus turned water into wine for the guests at the wedding party to drink grin

As long as you don't drink to the point of not having good judgement and making clear decisions,Christians can drink alcohol cool
Re: Mention Few Common Practices Between Islam And Christianity. by TBrownAuto(m): 6:16pm On Oct 26, 2011
Some people are daft, what do you mean by light and darkness am a xtain both are borrowed religion, we have not real fact or story about them, they cause conflict in our world of today to be realistics there follower or worshipper commit all altrocities you can never imagine.

Both serve one God just method of doctrine diffrent more especially there is atom of fraud in it, if I ie qoute me wrong, you see pastor and priest Cult member you see Alfa doing all type of magic. you see pastor using jet living large member suffering for muslim alfa no body send you the member living their own life.

They are same but two entity
Re: Mention Few Common Practices Between Islam And Christianity. by OhmstAR(m): 6:17pm On Oct 26, 2011
They both believe in a God

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Observing Good Friday Around The World / I Want A Church Camp Where I Can Stay To Seek The Face Of God For A Week. / Prayers That Could Prove That God Is Real

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.