Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,011 members, 7,806,940 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:25 AM

Is Soya Beans Formular Good For A 6 Months Old Baby? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Soya Beans Formular Good For A 6 Months Old Baby? (78588 Views)

Tope Moradeyo Ogun Dies With 6 Months Pregnancy / 4 Year Old Accidentally Kills 11 Month-old Baby In Abuja / Her Six Months Old Baby Gazes Sternly At Her During Sex- She's Worried. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Soya Beans Formular Good For A 6 Months Old Baby? by Demmyij(m): 7:52am On Oct 27, 2011
Please house, i have a six months old baby and people advised me to make soya beans formula for my baby which consist of soya beans, crayfish, dried fish, groundnut all granded together as a formula. is it good for a baby? I like the fact that it is natural without any preservatives but i m not sure it is healthy. This is my first baby and i keep getting different advise from different people. House what do u think? What is the best natural food for baby?

1 Like

Re: Is Soya Beans Formular Good For A 6 Months Old Baby? by softgirl1: 1:19pm On Oct 27, 2011
Yes very good and nutruious for children but u most prepare it in a clean enviroment,
Re: Is Soya Beans Formular Good For A 6 Months Old Baby? by blank(f): 1:25pm On Oct 27, 2011
Please wait until the baby is up to a year at least. Just as you don't give a baby adult's milk, don't give him soy milk just yet. You can give him guinea corn pap (it is brown in colour) and add crayfish to it.

This is my own opinion o. I made some research on it previously. There are some soy milk baby formulas that they market to babies but i don't think they are healthy for the baby esp if he has colic or has allergies.
Re: Is Soya Beans Formular Good For A 6 Months Old Baby? by twinskenny(m): 1:33pm On Oct 27, 2011
after my baby rejected all those tin food like sma and all that, someone advised we should prepare soya beans formula or the brown guinea corn,  the boi took it with great joy,  he has been eating since 6month without any issue he is going to 8 month now,

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Soya Beans Formular Good For A 6 Months Old Baby? by Seton(m): 1:53pm On Oct 27, 2011
Go ahead and give it to your baby, my daughter ate it since she was 6 months till she was mature for solid food without any complications. and my wife has recommended it for many babies, and no known complications yet. Pls, ensure that it is prepared in a clean environment.

1 Like

Re: Is Soya Beans Formular Good For A 6 Months Old Baby? by conquerorb: 2:05pm On Oct 27, 2011
it is gud oooo , but like someone suggested, y not wait for the baby to reach at least 8 -1yr. thats what my inlaw(a matron) sugested to us.
Re: Is Soya Beans Formular Good For A 6 Months Old Baby? by 8686(m): 2:32pm On Oct 27, 2011
[s]ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[/s]
Re: Is Soya Beans Formular Good For A 6 Months Old Baby? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Oct 27, 2011
I say NO, soy milk do lack lactose which is very important in the development if the brain .
Am very much aware of this as I worked on it for my Bsc research.
Please endeavor to feed your child the best meal, as what he is fed with today goes a long way to determining what he becomes in future.

Just my 2 cents.

2 Likes

Re: Is Soya Beans Formular Good For A 6 Months Old Baby? by shumno(f): 4:50pm On Oct 27, 2011
It is very good, that was what I fed my baby from 6 months. Very nutritious no side effects.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Soya Beans Formular Good For A 6 Months Old Baby? by DOGIDOPE: 6:10pm On Oct 27, 2011
no its only good for men in their 40s
Re: Is Soya Beans Formular Good For A 6 Months Old Baby? by Lenny5000(m): 12:52am On Oct 28, 2011
baba-bosun:

I say NO, soy milk do lack lactose which is very important in the development if the brain .
Please endeavor to feed your child the best meal, as what he is fed with today goes a long way to determining what he becomes in future.

Just my 2 cents.

But do you know some people are allergic to Lactose? (Me in particular) I cant drink normal fresh milk . I drink Soya Milk instead mind you Soya milk is more expensive than regular fresh milk here where I reside.

@OP though I don't know this formula you talk about, but you cant go wrong with Soya. It is very good, If not for the price most people would switch from regular fresh milk to Soya because it is more healthy.

5 Likes

Re: Is Soya Beans Formular Good For A 6 Months Old Baby? by blank(f): 9:29am On Oct 28, 2011
It is healthy for an adult and toddlers not for babies.
Re: Is Soya Beans Formular Good For A 6 Months Old Baby? by demmykay: 3:09pm On Oct 28, 2011
it is nutritional and very good. i made it for my baby and it never had any negative effect on her. just make sure it is prepared in a clean environment. in preparation u make it as u prepare pap(akamu) and u cld also add little dawa (guinea corn) to it.
Re: Is Soya Beans Formular Good For A 6 Months Old Baby? by wakes: 5:55pm On Oct 28, 2011
I may not recommend soya milk for your baby but I would rather recommend MORINGA powder-100%

1 Like

Re: Is Soya Beans Formular Good For A 6 Months Old Baby? by bece: 5:33pm On Nov 10, 2011
Yes its good but you have to be watchful and careful with the preparation. My daughter took it when she was like 7 months, within 2 months she became obese as in over fat,initially it was fun when we had to lift up folds to clean her but when it was time to walk bone could not carry her,on doc advice i had to stop soy milk and pap formula the rest story. Thank God she is 5 now,though still chubby with breast but not fat.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Soya Beans Formular Good For A 6 Months Old Baby? by dominique(f): 10:22am On Nov 18, 2011
i heard soyabeans is more nutritious than any kind of processed infant formula. i don't really recommend feeding it to babies exclusively, they need a more balanced diet. the one i give my baby is a combination of soyabeans, dried millet and groundnut. for a while, it was the only food my baby was taking well.
Re: Is Soya Beans Formular Good For A 6 Months Old Baby? by julicoka(f): 7:07am On May 29, 2013
blank: Please wait until the baby is up to a year at least. Just as you don't give a baby adult's milk, don't give him soy milk just yet. You can give him guinea corn pap (it is brown in colour) and add crayfish to it.

This is my own opinion o. I made some research on it previously. There are some soy milk baby formulas that they market to babies but i don't think they are healthy for the baby esp if he has colic or has allergies.
Gd day sometin lead me to this place how will i add crayfish to guinea corn pls and is it good to mix guinea corn ad millet for baby under six months ur advice is urgent needed
Re: Is Soya Beans Formular Good For A 6 Months Old Baby? by julicoka(f): 11:29am On May 30, 2013
julicoka: Gd day sometin lead me to this place how will i add crayfish to guinea corn pls and is it good to mix guinea corn ad millet for baby under six months ur advice is urgent needed
pls somebody should help me out very urgent
Re: Is Soya Beans Formular Good For A 6 Months Old Baby? by JadeWilliam(f): 5:48pm On Jun 13, 2013
baba-bosun:

Just my 2 cents.
Re: Is Soya Beans Formular Good For A 6 Months Old Baby? by JadeWilliam(f): 5:49pm On Jun 13, 2013
baba-bosun:

Just my 2 cents.
Nobody said u shld giv soyabeans alone.U stil hav 2add milk&milk contains d lactose dat soyabeans lack.I started usin it 4my baby frm 5mths uptil 11mths.The only disadvantage wit it is dat it really darkened her stool&made it alittle strong whch was ok 4me cos my baby never ever stooled or purged til 2day.
Re: Is Soya Beans Formular Good For A 6 Months Old Baby? by makivy(f): 6:35pm On Jun 14, 2013
What about the articles on google search on the dangers of eating unfermented soy,are we to ignore it.

1 Like

Re: Is Soya Beans Formular Good For A 6 Months Old Baby? by lagos55: 12:51pm On Oct 04, 2013
I started feeding my twin babies with soy beans when they were six months old they look quite healthy and are tolerant to it ,but trecently i read from the internet that it affects the intelligence oerfomance of babies at later years,my babies are 11 months now and I don't give it to them any more-wait till they get older perhaphs 2 years before you start.
Re: Is Soya Beans Formular Good For A 6 Months Old Baby? by Toyintoba(f): 2:42pm On Oct 04, 2014
Pls can i mix dawa ,soya beans and corn(oka baba) together to make pap for my 5mnth old baby
Re: Is Soya Beans Formular Good For A 6 Months Old Baby? by marketresearch: 4:19pm On Jan 09, 2015
Organic Beans Flour

Beans, All things to All People

Whether it's Moi Moi, Akara, Beans Porridge, Rice & Beans, or Ewa Agoyin, Beans is at the center of a delicious array of Nigerian food.

The nutty flavor of Organic Garbanzo Bean Flour makes it a nutritious and versatile pantry staple. Its insoluble fiber promotes production of essential fatty acids that supports intestinal health. Bean Flour is a great source of protein, fiber and potassium. Due to its unique nutritional profile,

for Nigerians looking for Organic Beans Flour in the US, you can get your ingredients here http://www.nigerianfoods.com/products/beans-flour
Re: Is Soya Beans Formular Good For A 6 Months Old Baby? by drisatasarr: 4:53pm On Jan 09, 2015
The best and most nutritious food for an infant is hands down BREAST MILK. Forget soy, forget cow milk etc. Remember if you feed your child cow milk he or she will act like a cow. The human GI tract is designed to digest human milk in infancy.
Re: Is Soya Beans Formular Good For A 6 Months Old Baby? by Teeshafoods(f): 9:17pm On Apr 26, 2016
Its very good. I produce these combination and have customers all over Nigeria. It will make your baby not only chubby but very healthy. Search for teeshafo foods on facebook or call 08027853057. We do nationwide delivery. Address: oluseyi close,agbado-ijaiye,Lagos.
Re: Is Soya Beans Formular Good For A 6 Months Old Baby? by yettypanz: 9:10pm On Dec 26, 2016
We ve the preparation for sale u can call 07083746707

(1) (Reply)

Family Problems About Remarrying / HILARIOUS: Man Discovers Wife Is A Man After 19 Years Of Marriage / Unfortunately I Am Not The Father Of My Fourth Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.